Call Of The Wild. Book ii.

By Maroon1479

Mat is learning everyday what it means to be Alpha. Thinking all her troubles might get solved one step at a... More

part one - i.
part one - ii.
part one - iii.
part one - iv.
part one - v.
part one - vi.
part one - vii.
part one - viii.
part one - ix.
part one - x.
part one - xi.
part one - xiii.
part one - xiv.
part one - xv.
part one - xvi.
part one - xvii.
part one - xviii.
part one - xix.
part one - xx.
part one - xxi.
part two - xxii.
part two - xxiii.
part two - xxiv.
part two - xxv.
part two - xxvi.
part two - xxvii.
part two - xxviii.
part two - xxix.
part two - xxx.
part two - xxxi.
part two - xxxii.
part two - xxxiii.
part two - xxxiv
part two - xxxv.
part two - xxxvi.
part two - xxxvii.
part two - xxxviii.
part two - xxxix.
part two - xl.
part two - xli.
part two - xlii.
part two - xliii.
part two - xliv.
part two - lv.
part two - xlvi
part two - xlvii
part two - xlviii.
Epilogue.

part one - xii.

840 90 4
By Maroon1479

 Mat faced me when the driver appeared in front of the outskirts of the woods, "You don't need to worry about anymore problems, Aeriela." she said, making me confused. "I'm making Ulric leaving and I warned Ian about his sister. She does one more thing to hurt you, she's out of the pack. I'm sorry I haven't been around to stop it sooner." 

"Oh." I said, my mouth forming a small 'o' shape. I brought my hand up and ran it across my nose, "Mat, you don't need to kick Ulric or Harley out. I can handle them and it doesn't seem fare after I hurt Harley if—" 

She put her hands on my shoulder, "Aeriela, they were bullying you. You were just defending yourself." she said. "I just keep believe I haven't noticed. I been terrible to you lately when I should be here for you. It's so new and you need someone here to help you—" 

"Mat, you don't need to keep apologizing." I said, making her frown. "I'm not the kind to hold grudges for so long. I can easily forgive people, which might not always be a good thing." I said, lowering my head. 

"Ulric doesn't need your forgiveness." she said, making me lick my dry lips since that isn't who I meant. I meant Uncle Ramses since I'm not sure if forgiving him was a good choice or not but I know staying here won't be any better. Ulric leaving but doesn't mean another horrible thing won't happen. "There are people who deserve it and someone people who don't." 

We finally got out of the car and we walked back to the campsite. It took about thirty minutes to get there and when we did everyone looked at us for a moment before they went back to what they were doing. I walked over towards my tent to go inside of it when I saw Harley near Ulric tent. Harley looked liked she been crying and they started arguing. Harley tried to hug him but he put his hands on her shoulders and shook his head. He said something and Harley finally walked away crying some more over to Luna who hugged her friend. 

Ulric bent down to his bag and started throwing more stuff in it. He looked up at me and I bit my lower lip when his eyes met mine. I wanted to go over towards him and hug him but I remember him calling me a beast. 

I quickly went into my tent. I changed out of the clothes I been in for the last four day into some new shorts and t-shirt. I brushed my long red hair that was really knotty and I french half braided it. Strains of baby hair and short hair framed around my face. I grabbed my toothbrush and mint paste before climbing out of my tent. 

I met someone feet and when I stood up, Ulric was there. We stared at each other for a moment before I turned away to leave. I heard him sigh heavily, "Aeriela, wait." he said, gently grabbing my arm. I paused, lowering my gazed to the ground. "I'm so sorry for what happened the other day."

I cleared my throat, "You're right, I am a beast. I would have seriously hurt Harley, I was wrong for losing my temper like that."

"You're not a beast, I didn't mean it. I was scared, I never seen you behave like that." he said. He turned me towards him, "I didn't mean to make you runaway. I have been losing my mind the last couple of days, I'm so sorry."

"I been hearing sorry allot lately." I said, making him confused. I cleared my throat, "Look, it doesn't matter now. We don't have to see each other anymore after today." I said since I'll be leaving sometime tonight. 

"Mat told you she's making me leave, didn't she?" he asked and I nodded. "It's probably for the best, I cause a lot of trouble." 

I looked up at his blue eyes, "Where are you going? Back home to Massachusetts?" I asked. 

He shook his head, "No. A distant cousin in Missouri is letting me come stay. That's why I haven't left yet, it's been hard finding somewhere to go." he said. 

"Mat should let you stay. There would no longer be anymore problems." I told him. "One of us should leave and it should really be me. I don't belong here." 

He shook his head, "No, you do belong here.You should do everything in your power to make sure you have a good life. I only screw it up." he said. "I broke one girl heart today. Harley been trying to talk to me ever since what happened but I been pushing her away. I'm done with her." 

I scoffed, "To let to end it now, very pointless." I said coldly and he nodded, lowering his head. "Everything is already tainted, Ulric. This is the last time we'll ever see each other and it'll be for the best. We should just go back to where we belong." 

He sighed heavily, "My dad was right, I'm like a disease. I ruin everything." he said. He looked up at me, "I want you to be happy, Aeriela. You deserve to be happy and I hope you find it one day." 

I forced a small stiff smile but I'm sure he saw in my eyes that I was sad. I wished nothing had to resolve to this but there was to much drama with Ulric. I nodded before I started to turn around but his arm took my arm again before he turned me around and pulled me close to him. My eyes widen as I looked up at his blue eyes and my heart raced. He kissed me gently on the mouth and my eyes widen for a second. 

Mat

Everyone got quiet after Ulric leaned down and kissed Aeriela. Even I was surprised since I expected them to avoid each other after what happened the other day. And Ulric just boldly kisses her in front of the whole pack. It wasn't very common for pack members to just kiss in front of the pack if their not together. 

It didn't last long, maybe only for about ten seconds before Ulric pulled away and left back over to his tent. He began to pack again his stuff and Aeriela quickly turned away. She went over to the lake quietly and didn't dare go over to Ulric. 

I felt bad for Aeriela since I'm sure she was so confused. She was a young girl who has a life ahead of her for falling in love. Ulric isn't that guy. . .at least I hope he isn't that guy. I shook my head and went over to Devin since I knew this was the right thing. I knew making Ulric leave was the right thing to do because he would only do something else to hurt her. She shouldn't keep getting hurt like she is anymore. 

Killian and I walked over towards Ulric was sitting in front of his tent with his bag. Killian sighed heavily, "We have to go now, Ulric." he told his cousin. Ulric licked his lips for a moment and turned his head to look at Aeriela direction. She was sitting over by the lake alone with a book in her hand. 

I breathed heavily out my nose and I reached down towards him. I grabbed his arm and lifted him up, "You're going." I said. I grabbed his bag and pushed it at him until he took it. My look turned hard, "I'm not doing this because I don't like you, I'm doing it for her. Trust me Ulric, I had my share of a few mistakes but Aeriela is to important to me to watch get hurt anymore." 

Ulric looked annoyed, "I care about her to, Alpha Matilda. I know I don't some things to hurt her but believe me I was pushing her away because I didn't want to hurt her. I want the other day to happen." He sighed heavily, "Alpha Matilda, I agree with you that this is the right thing. It's why I'm not begging you to let me stay because I would probably just do something else to screw up with her. I do love her—" 

I turned around quickly, "Lets go now." I said since I wasn't in the mood to listen to him. 

Aeriela.

In the corner of my eyes I saw Ulric, Mat, and Killian walk away from the pack so Ulric will leave. I breathed out slowly when I looked at Ulric and my eyes stung with tears. He turned his head around and looked at me until Mat made him turn his head around. This was the last time I'll ever see him and it actually hurt a lot worse than any other times I felt hurt by him. 

A tear went down my face when I turned back to my book. I quickly wiped it away and tried reading but it was hard to focus. I waited for a while before I got up and went over to my tent. I grabbed my bag and started throwing things in it that I could fit in it. I picked up a picture of Mat and I. We were hugging in the picture and I was actually smiling in it because Mat had taken me to Bakery and I got a lot of delicious sweet foods. We had icing on our faces also because we began smashing the cupcakes on our faces. 

I wanted to throw it in the bag but I knew I couldn't bring it with me. Uncle Ramses would find it and he wouldn't be very happy. He'll rip it up and I knew that would be hard for me. I placed it down on the floor of the tent. 

I waited until it was dinner time. I opened my tent and peered out to see everyone around the fire. They were all eating their food and only a few kids were running around playing. I put the bag over my shoulder and quietly ran away from the distracted wolves. Once I was far away from them when they wouldn't hear me I quickly ran into the road. 

I walked down the street for awhile before I saw a car coming. It was an elderly human couple who stopped for me, "Hi." I said sweetly. "Can you both help me? I'm trying to get to Skyforest, do you think you can take as far as you can?" 

Mat.

I was leaning against the passenger window as Killian drove to the bus station. I don't know why what Ulric said was bothering me so much since it can't be true. Ulric doesn't really love Aeriela, he hardly knows her. At least, I think he doesn't know her. Not like I know her. I love Aeriela and I would never hurt her. Why do I feel so bothered by what I'm doing? I brought my hand down across my face, sighing heavily. Could I be doing the wrong thing? What if Ulric does love Aeriela and Aeriela loves Ulric? Could separating them be the wrong thing to do? So many people were trying to keep Killian and I away from each other. I knew what it was like to be kept away from the person you want to be with so badly. 

No, this was the right thing though. It's very different from Killian and I. Killian is my mate, who I was supposed to be with. If Ulric loves Aeriela, he wouldn't try to do anything to hurt her. I don't care if he's young and feels rebellious right now. Aeriela is to sweet to be hurt. 

When we got to the bus station, something looked like it bothered Ulric allot. I kept telling myself this was for the best but it was nagging at me. I grabbed him by his arm and dragged him away, "Look Ulric, I know it doesn't seem fare but trust me it is. Look, you can come visit the pack when you want. I will allow you that since you are Killian cousin." I said but he didn't seem to be listening as he looked at the ground. I snapped my fingers in front of his face, "Ulric!" 

He quickly lifted his head up with wide eyes until his eyebrows furrowed together, "Huh?" he questioned. "I'm sorry, Alpha Matilda. Just thinking. . .something keeps bothering me. Something Aeriela said to me earlier." 

I crossed my arms over my chest, "What did she say?" I questioned. 

"She just kept saying how we both didn't belong there and if one of us should leave it should really be her." he said, making me confused to. I hadn't really been listening to them since I was talking to Zoe. I only started to pay attention after he kissed her. He shooks his head, "I don't know, I'm probably just being paranoid. She sounded so strange and it won't leave my mind." 

"Well it's not like she was being serious about her leaving. She just came back, she's the one who called for us to pick her up." I said but it was strange. 

"I know, it's just strange." he said. "I just have this weird feeling in my stomach but it feels like she was trying to hint at me like she was leaving again."

No, Ulric was wrong because if Aeriela didn't want to come back she wouldn't have went to that diner and call Nate. Aeriela wanted to come back to the pack. What other reason would she come back for? 

"Passengers for Bus 245 can now board bus." a lady over the loudspeaker spoke. 

Ulric walked around me and went over to grab his bag. Great now Ulric had me thinking and worried about it all now. I didn't want to believe it but Aeriela would just come back to leave again. Unless she was coming to grab a few things. . . 

I went over to Ulric and turned him to face me, "You sure you feel like she was hinting at you that she was leaving?" 

"Mat?" Killian questioned confused.  

Ulric shrugged, "Yes but I'm probably just wrong." 

I breathed heavily out of my nose, "Aeriela can be surprising at times." I said, closing my eyes and groaned. I couldn't risk it, I had to get back to the pack. I grabbed his arm and started pulling him out of the station.  

"Alpha Matilda, I need to get on the bus!" Ulric said, sounding very surprised. 

"Mat!" Killian said. He grabbed my arm, stopping me, "What's going on?"   

"We need to get back to the pack. Like now." I said, pulling away and I hurried over to the car. They followed behind me and I got in the passenger seat. Killian started the car and I hit the dashboard, "Killian, drive this car faster. If Aeriela plans to leave, she'll be doing it soon. She would do it while we were gone and everyone in the pack eating." 

Killian sped the car up and hurried back to the pack. It felt like it took forever but it was only twenty minutes. I got out the car and shifted into a wolf. I raced back to the pack, "Hey, that's not fair!" I heard Ulric yelled but I ignored him. I pushed my paws quickly on the ground and when I got to the pack everyone seemed surprised by my quick arrival. I looked at the lake where I last saw Aeriela and I breathed out heavily from my nose. I ran over towards her tent and pushed inside the tent with my head. 

Her tent only had her pillow, blanket, and pictures that were taken. Her stuff was gone and my blood turned cold since she did leave. I stepped back a few steps out of the tent, feeling real stupid at the moment. My head went back and I howled with pain.  

I shifted back into a human. I ran over towards my tent and I grabbed the computer. I turned it on and I quickly went to check the security cameras. I watched as Aeriela sneaked away from the pack and ran away. "No!" I screamed, throwing the computer away.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

So does anyone wanna help me come up with a title to cause these two books? I have no ideas for a series name, I'm drawing a blank! lol I'm updating mad crazy on this story. Probably because i know how I want each chapter to go and how it all end already. muahahahaha this story gonna have allot of drama. A lot of crying, laughing, and you're gonna wanna kill Ulric a few times

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.1M 390 7
This is the sample. First five chapters only. To read more, please support me by purchasing my eBook. Angela is sarcastic, a bit of a drama queen b...
26.9M 314K 20
**THIS IS A SAMPLE, PLEASE DO NOT READ IT IF YOU ARE GOING TO GET TRIGGERED BY THE FACT THAT IT IS A SAMPLE. THE FULL BOOK IS AVAILABLE ON MY PATREON...
45.6K 2.4K 28
There was a species of humans that was thought to be extinct. They were known as The Gifted, humans with supernatural powers. Two teenagers will sho...
35.5K 1.5K 30
In the Immortal Realm, power overruns blood. So when Fyrrah Vulcan hadn't shown any sign of manipulating fire the day she turned sixteen, her father...