TANHAI

By rubysams17

Akshi, aka Akshara, misses her home. She misses her family, she misses love, which is ironic because she has... More

INTRODUCTION
CHAPTER 1
Characters
Chapter 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
NEW CHARACTERS
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
Not An Update, But Please Read
CHAPTER 9

CHAPTER 5

1.7K 94 14
By rubysams17

Hey guys, here is the next chapter hope you like it, but before that an important message.

So I really wasn't going to add more characters than originally decided, but here I am doing this last minute.  I know many of you also are fans of Parth Samthaan.  I had previously said that there is a very indirect connection with one of his character, which was of Anurag.  The connection was with Sneha/ Kukki (Avneet's character)'s parents.  I always liked Prerna with Rishab for some reason, despite being a big fan of Parth.  That being said I have been watching the recent episode of KYY season 4 and I can't stop thinking about their story, so MaNan are a part of this story now.  So that means we are going to ignore that Parth ever played Anurag and he is going to be Manik in this story.  This is going to pick up at the beginning of season 4 where we find out they have broken up and their story will be stagnant for now as we find out more in the show itself.  They are just going to be here.  This might be one of the only added pairs that are going to be following their show story.  

And finally here is the character sketch for them:

Manik Malhotra

28 years old.  Ritesh's best friend since after he and Nandini moved to Denmark for his treatment.  They settled in London after that where they met Ritesh and Akshara along with the others.  Madly in love with Nandini, has been dating her for 9 years now, but have issues going on in between them right now.  They shifted back to India 2 years ago, settled in Goa.  Loves music and to sing.  He is a very well known singer in India.  His journey started in college with his band called Fab5 and now he is a solo artist.  Wants to be with Nandini, but misunderstanding are stopping him from approaching her.  He is a very angry young man type person.  Very protective and caring of the people close to him.  Has issues with his parents.  Now considers Singhania, Rajvansh, and Bajaj families as his own.   Very excited to meet Akshara as she is one of the only people that understand him despite his rude and angry act.

----------------------------------------

Nandini Murthy

26 years old.  A very innocent girl, madly in love with Manik, but also very stubborn.  Wants to get back with Manik, but like him, isn't approaching him due to misunderstandings.  Met him when she joined SPACE college, the one he attended with Fab5.  Moved to Denmark for his treatment and they both decided to move to India for their careers.  His singing and her work in space research.  She is a scientist, like to sing and music in general.  Best friends with Heer and Askhara ever since they met.  Loves them both very much.  Ritesh is her go to person when in problem with something Manik related, as Ritesh knows Manik the best (after Akshara) and he gives good advice.  Has made a deal with Manik to behave normal until Akshara and Karan's wedding so they don't stress others out.  Knows its not going to last long, but is hopeful.

And that's all guys.   Now on with the update. Here it is.  Hope you guys like it.  Let me know what you think and don't forget to vote.  Thanks for all the love and support.

************************************

Ye dekho aa gaya Karan call," Akshara says, answering it as they were walking away.

"Ye dekh naye photos," the girl's voice says. Everyone by now recognizes her as Aadi.

"Kitna pretty lag raha hai. Aur kisne select ki ye pictures? I mean look at this one yaad hai hum log beach pe gate the aur Ro ne wa....." Akshara starts, but voice fades out as they go away farther. One by one everyone exits the room, the adults retiring for the night and the youngsters getting ready for the rest of the night.

Akshara and Ritesh continue talking on the phone, remembering old times as they go through the photos. After sometime they end the call and Akshara goes to change into something comfortable after going around the whole day with the heavy lehenga on.

Ritesh was just sitting there working on his laptop when there was a knock on the door. He closes the laptop and goes to open the door. On the other side stood Kairav, Vansh, Arohi, Abhi, Neil, Nikshita, and Anisha.

"Andar aa jao," Ritesh says to them as he moves to the side to let them in. They notice how big and different the room is compared to their rooms which are like any regular hotel room containing one room and one bathroom. This is more like an apartment with different rooms and a kitchen.

"Akshara kaha pe hai?" Kairav asks once everyone settles down in the living room.

"Wo andar hai, she'll be out soon," he responds. "Aap sab ke liye kya lau? Chips, snacks, ice cream, cold drinks, ya phir coffee?" He asks them.

"Abhi kuch nahi Akshu ko aa jane do then we'll get something," Abhi responds when no one says anything.

"Thike, I am just going to finish up on something, I hope you don't mind," Ritesh says before sitting down on the singular chair and opening his laptop. He didn't want to sit with them and make things even more awkward. The awkward tension in the room was so heavy that Akshara felt it as soon as she opened the door.

"Ro!" She exclaims. "I just realized ki tumne mera favorite ice cream to la diya, but what about you? I didn't see any double chocolate chip cookies in there," she continued.

"Tha usi main. You really think main sirf tera fav launga. Phir to hum dono ne sirf aur sirf jhagda hi karna hai," he answers, smiling at her outfit.

"Anyways, I hope you don't maine tumhare kapde liye hai, I didn't have anything here," she says.

"Don't worry about it, it's not like it's the first time," he says off handedly, but it was taken seriously by the others in the room.

"Arey aap logo ne kuch liya nahi?" Akshara asks as she sits down on the arm of the chair Ritesh was sitting on. "Aur tum kya kar rahe ho? I thought we decided no more work for the day," Akshara complains looking at his screen.

"BFF ne bheja jitna ho sake utna review karke bhejna hai. I am almost done. Tab tak tum log kuch khane ko lao, pick a movie, okay?" He asks her. She just nods, pouting slightly.

"Aap log aai ye, we'll get something to eat," Akshara says as she leads everyone to the kitchen. There being the peppy person she is, she managed to get everyone relaxed and even Aarohi let go of her grudge for the time being. After spending a good 15-20 minutes preparing food and snacks for everyone, teasing each other and letting go of the awkward energy they slowly start moving back towards the living room. Upon entering it they find it empty with the TV turned on.

"Aap log baithiye, main kuch select karti hoon," Akshara says as they put all the bowls and food on the center table and she picks up the remote.

"Kisi ko kuch specific dekhna hai ya should we surf on this for a while?" Akshara asks them, as they all settle down. When no one gave any specific option for what they want to want she decided they will surf for a while and opened Netflix. Ritesh also returns from inside with a few blankets in his hands. He keeps them on the edge of the couch before taking a seat beside Akshara who was sitting next to Abhi.

"Ok guys, I am very indecisive so meri help karo kuch choose karne main warne aaj raat kya agle saal tak maine kuch choose nahi karna," Akshara says very serious, as if it were a very important task.

"Wait!" she exclaims as she turns her attention back to the screen. "TVD kon dekh raha hai?" she asks, turning towards Ritesh.

"Who do you think?" Ritesh asks.

"You don't mean Nikki right? Wo itni badi kab ho gayi? I mean she's still a baby. TVD? I mean it's amazing I know, mera favorite hai, but she's still a kid," Akshara says. "Chucks ne kuch nahi kaha usse?" she asks him as he takes the remote from her.

"Why do you think wo mere account pe dekh rahi hai?" Ritesh simply says, without even turning towards her and keeps looking at the titles on the TV.

"Right, main bhi karti thi," Akshara says as she turns to the TV, picking up a chips packet as well.

"Aap logo ko sach main kuch bhi chalega?" Akshara asks everyone and when they respond in agreement she puts on Red Notice.

"Seriously?" Ritesh asks, his voice reflecting his annoyance.

"Seriously," Akshara answers in a challenging tone. He just sighs thinking it's better than fighting with her on the movie. She has loved that movie ever since the first time they saw it. She claims it has good comedy, enough action, and amazing actors. It was fine at first, but after the 6th time of watching it with her it gets annoying for Ritesh now.

"Tum dono bohot acche se jante ho na ek dusre ko?" Kairav asks after a while in the movie. A little protective due the fact that this stranger knows his baby sister so well.

"Ji," Akshara replies smiling at Ritesh before turning to face the others. Moving back to settle comfortably, making her back leaning against Ritesh who out of habit puts his arm around her, holding her close.

"To bohot sare kisse hoge na, I mean memories and all," Kairav asks, confusing both of them.

"Of course," Ritesh answers.

"Koi aisa jo batane kayak. I mean Akshara ka koi bohot hi embarrassing moment," Vansh steps in asking. He realized where Kairav was going, and didn't want the atmosphere to get serious.

"Oh boy," Ritesh exclaims, sitting up a bit. His face showing his excitement at the chance to spill tea about Akshara.

"Aisa kuch nahi hai bhaiya," Akshara quickly answers, warningly grabbing onto Ritesh's arm that was around her, and holding it close to the front of her body.

"Kuch nahi hai matlab," Ritesh says, freeing his arm from her grip and wrapping it around her body that was now snuggled into him. "And, first of all, I am not scared of you," he tells her, looking down at her, "And embarrassing story aaj nahi kabhi aur lekin haan iski sabse purani ek baat hai. Jab ye choti thi tha tab pata nahi kyu she hated going to school. Matlab fully sabko bol diya tha ki she's not going to go, lekin sab ke manane ke baad ye maan gayi, but madam ki khud ki ek shart thi," he continued. He pauses as he looks down to see her looking up at him with a big smile, which he reciprocates, tightening his arms around, before turning to look at the others.

Abhi who was sitting right next to them was very uncomfortable. That's a given, if you even see your fiance or someone you love in the arms of someone else, you're bound to get jealous. And here he sits, watching Akshara almost snuggled up in some other man's arms, only feeling uncomfortable. He was uncomfortable with their PDA, even if they weren't doing anything explicit, but he didn't feel any jealousy. Sure, there was hurt and upset, but no feeling that made him want to rip Akshara away from Ritesh and pull her all to himself. He watched on confused as Ritesh continued the tale.

"Tu bolegi?" he asks her with a teasing tone. Akshara just shakes her head and turns it to hide it in the couch pillow. "Chal main hi bol deta hoon. To iski shart ye thi ki school jayegi sirf aur sirf tab jab main bhi uske saath jaunga. And by that I don't mean to just drop her off and pick her up. I mean iske saath iske sare classes main attend karunga, to just sit with her. Sirf aur sirf isske liye I had to repeat those few years of school," he says, giving her a mock glare.

"Excuse me!" Akshara exclaims and sits up, turning to face him. "Main tab bohot choti thi. You can't still hold that against me," Akshara says, narrowing her eyes at him.

"I know," he says, a small smile forming on his lips. "Iss jhali ne puri life main aise hi nakhre kiye hai," he says, looking at the others.

"Hey, you don't get to complain. Bhale hi life long nakhre kiye ho, you have handled them all long, so you better have gotten used to them," she says, pouting slightly.

"I have," he says, pulling her into a hug, and settling back on the couch with her cuddling against him. Big smiles adorning both of their faces as they turn their attention back to the screen.

Kairav and even Vansh somewhere watched the two, slightly envious of the importance Ritesh has in their sister's life. Hearing their talks they wished they knew her well enough and had such a playful relationship with her. One where they knew everything about each other and one where they could count on each other. Vansh, Kairav, and Aarohi did share that kind of a relationship, despite the differences in personalities. It's not just because they are siblings, it's because they have spent so much time together, gone through so much together, experienced so much together, that they just connect. The two wished they could have that with Akshu as well.

Everyone could notice how comfortable Akshara was with Ritesh, not just to say, but also literally and physically. They saw as the two interacted all throughout the night, starting from the way they met, dinner, and now as they watched the movie, bantering amongst themselves. Ever since Akshara entered their lives (again, in the case of the Goenka kids) she has very much been formal with everyone. Doing as much is needed and conversing just as much as asked for. Even the hugs she gave all of them contained a form of warmth that made everyone feel comfortable, even Aarohi, but they were still short and impersonal.

Eventually all of them turn their focus back on the movie, getting used to Akshara and Ritesh and their antics. By the end of the movie Akshara turns to see everyone fallen asleep with blankets covering them. Abhi and Neil share one, leaning on to one another, just like Nikshita and Anisha were. Kairav, Vansh, and Aarohi doing the same on their side as well. She turns, or tries to turn to see Ritesh, but he has passed out against her.

His arms wrapped around her, pulling her closer to him. His face settled on her shoulder. She watches him for a few moments, before hesitantly running her hand through his hair.

"I missed you Ro. You know you remind me of home, you make me feel like me..." she says softly so no one's sleep gets disturbed. Her eyes water as keeps looking at him asleep. "I know there's a lot we have to talk about, but I have to know you are happy," she says. She stays there for a few moments before slowly climbing out of his grip, making sure he doesn't wake up, and goes into the kitchen.

"And here goes my sleep for the night," she says as she watches her coffee brew in the machine. She takes some of it in a cup leaving the rest on the hot pan and goes to the balcony.

The view reminded her of London. She keeps gazing out at the silent, dark city, lighted by a few specks of lights scattered around it.

'Mom, Dad, I miss you,' she thinks to herself, looking up at the stars, sipping her coffee. 'Mom you always say Kartik dad and Naira mumma were the definition of love. That they were perfect together, but how is that possible? How can that be possible when they spent so much time apart from each other? I know you and dad love each other, but is this what love is? Is it supposed to be so hard? Or tiring? I mean I don't mind either, but shouldn't love give you peace? Shouldn't it make me peaceful when I am with Abhi? Nowadays all I feel is guilt and sadness, when I myself haven't done anything wrong. I don't like this feeling. I wish you both were here to make me understand to hel...' she is brought back when the door to the balcony opens.

She turns around to see Ritesh climbing out with his own cup of coffee.

"Chal aaj ye bhi kar lete," he says, raising his cup, doing a silent cheers, "For old times sake," he says as he comes to stand beside her. Both of them stay silent watching the quiet city, sipping their coffee.

"Mom, Dad ko miss kar rahi hoon," she tells him after some time.

"Of course kar rahi hai," he says, softly. "Teri shaadi ho rahi hai, bhale hi tune jyada sapne nahi dekhe hai apne shaadi ke, lekin kabhi apne mom, dad ke siwaye imagine nahi ki hogi," he says.

"Life kitni badal gayi hai na," Akshara says, finally turning to look at him. He made sure not to look at her as his face turns stoic, and he grips his cup harder.

"I mean it feels like it was just yesterday, jab hum itne khush the, we were so happy," she says, her eyes watering again. "I need to know you are fine. I can't move on without knowing tu life mein khush hai," Akshara says as she places her hand on his, trying to get him to look at her.

He takes a deep breath before turning to look at her. He gives her a small smile. "Khush hoon. Bohot khush hoon life main. Aur ab pehle se bhi jyada, tu jo hai mere saath," he says, looking into her eyes, wanting to make her believe his words, but mostly trying to convince himself of them. Askhara just sighs, knowing that's all he is going to say.

"You remember ek baar hum dono Vegas gaye the," Akshara starts, changing the topic. "I mean baaki sab ko bina bataye. I wanted an escape, so you took me there. Tujhe yaad hum waha kitna enjoy kiya tha?" Askhara asks and waits until he nods in response, a genuine smile taking place on his face, making Akshara smile as well. "Mujhe na wo wala Rocky chahiye. I mean I miss him, wo jo itna carefree tha, kam ka jyada tension nahi leta tha, and he loved his family the most. Mujhe pata hai pichle chaar saalon mein you have closed yourself off. Bhale hi contact main nahi thi, but Buddy used to text me always, telling me things," Askhara says hesitantly.

"Wo Rocky jo hai wo tu apne saath le gayi thi, but don't worry tere saath main humesha waise hi rahunga jaise I always used to be and ab sab thik ho raha hai, so don't worry everythings will be back to normal," he tells her, reassuring her, placing his hand on hers which was on his other arm. She just nods and looks away.

"Kabir bhai ki shaadi yaad?" she asks changing the topic, her voice holding a slight smile in it.

"Us ka kya?" he asks her in a similar tone. "Unki bachelor aur bachelorette ya phir all the sangeet and mehndi and all. Kyunki mujhe tera wo amazing wala dance, sangeet wala bhi yaad hai aur phir bachelor's wale din ka drunken dance bhi yaad hai," he says.

"No, I meant the whole ordeal itself. Sab saath main the kitna maza kiya tha sab ne, I miss that," she says.

"To chinta kyu kar rahi hai, ab K bro ki shaadi ke liye sab aa rahe hai na, aur teri bhi shaadi hai, sab ne aa jana hai, don't you worry," he says.

"Kaise Ro? Meri shaadi agle hafte hai," Akshara asks, genuinely confused.

"Wo sab tu mujhpe chod de," he says, his voice firm and reassuring, "Tu bas enjoy kar," Ritesh says. "Ab seriously mujhe bata, tu shaadi ke baad kaam ka kya karegi?" he asks her, as they take seats on the chairs kept there.

"Pata nahi, probably ye therapist ki job continue karungi," she says, her voice barely above a whisper, but Ritesh hears it.

"Seriously? Tune itne saal mehnat ki aur itne efforts ke saath padhai ki iss liye? Ke shaadi ke baad koi bhi job kar legi. I mean I understand minor in music therapy se tu koi internship kar rahi hoti to, while studying lekin apni residency chod ke tu ye karegi to main kya ghar se koi tujhe support nahi karega," he says disappointed in her.

"To kya karu? Yaha pe kisi ko nahi pata mere baare main ya phir meri degree ke baare main. Abhi se jab mili tab pata nahi tha shaadi karungi usse, isliye kabhi bataya hi nahi aur jab sab tai ho raha tab already itni problems thi ki khud ke baare socha hi nahi," she tells him.

"Ab to bata sakti hai na Abhi ko, ya phir ab bhi koi problem hai?" he asks her, concerned that she is hiding something from him. He had gotten a vibe ever since he came and now just wanted a confirmation. "You know na chahe kuch bhi ho tu mujhe bata sakti hai, I'll make everything right. Koi problem hai to bata main sab thik kar dunga," he says.

"I know Ro, I know tu sab thik kar dega, but this is something I have to deal with, tu bas humesha ki tarah sirf mere saath reh, just support me. I'll take care of the rest," she says before proceeding to tell him about the issue ever since the truth about the accident came out.

"You know tera ye Abhi, he is making it harder for me to like him. No doubt baki sab ki bhi yahi opinion hogi when they find out about all of this. Anyways, tu sure hai shaadi ko leke. I mean first of all you don't even believe in the constitution of marriage. Tere liye love aur respect in sab rasmo aur legal formalities se jyada important hai. Tujhe to life long shaadi nahi karni thi remember?" he asks her, trying to remind her of her beliefs before.

"I know, lekin Abhi se mili and ek genuine attraction thi. He directly came home for marriage aur baki sab bhi bohot khush the, for the first time, meri wajah se khush the, so even I agreed. I know that doesn't necessarily mean ki mere shaadi ko leke opinions change hue hai, but it is how it is," Akshara says.

"To tu Goenkas ke liye shaadi kar hai. Tujhe Abhi pasand hai, but shaadi isn't what you want, is it?" he asks her once again, trying to make sure he is getting it right.

"I don't know Ro. I want to be with Abhi and if that means getting married to him, toh why not," she says.

"Because, it's not something you want, tu samajh kyu nahi rahi hai? Tu sach main itni idiotic nahi hai, I know," he says, exasperated at how oblivious she was acting.

"To kya chahte ho? This was my only chance at having a family Ro. Baaki sab se milne ki koi umeed bhi nahi thi, there was no hope. And when all of this was happening everyone was so happy, I thought maybe if I agreed I can have my other family here. I mean ye sab Kartik dad ki family hi hai na aur mom ki bhi, I thought doing this, might make everything right," she says, realizing how wrong she has been. Realizing that she has agreed to get married for all the wrong reasons.

"Main chahta hoon ki tu aage jake is decision ko regret na kare. I mean tu bata agar Goenkas involved nahi hote aur tu Abhi ko London ya phir pichle chaar saalon main US mein milti to kya itni jaldi shaadi karti tu usse? I mean world ka koi insaan do hafto ki mulaqat main shaadi tak nahi pohchta. And if they do, we know what happens in those cases. Aur tujhe mujhe kuch bhi batane ki koi jarurat nahi hai. Tu bas soch aur tera jo bhi decision hoga I'll be with you, I'll support you," he says, she just nods, already lost in her thoughts. "Sunn, I'm going to go. Tu bhi jaldi so ja, kal jaldi uthna hai. Room tere liye khali rakh raha hoon, I'll sleep in one of the guest rooms," he says and gets up.

"And if you want baki sab ko bhi room main bhej de," he tells her, leaving her alone to think about everything.

After sitting out there for almost an hour, she walks back and gently starts waking everyone up. Sending Abhi and Neil in one room, Kairav and Vansh in the other one, Anisha and Nikshita in another one, while going to Ritesh's with Aarohi.

************************************

That's it guys.  Let me know what you think.  All the new characters will enter the story in the next update (hopefully).  

Also, I am sorry for introducing so many character, but just couldn't stop myself. Hopefully some you know and like all these actors and characters (comment below, who you know or who's your favorite).

Anyways, thanks for giving your time and reading this, and for all the love and support you guys show.  Don't forget to vote or comment, means a lot to me.

-Love,

Ruby S.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.7K 2.7K 48
'Dekh, ye pyaar attachment sab bakwas hota hai.' 'Toh main kaha zindagi bhar ke liye puch raha hu, bas ek raat ke liye aaja.' _ Pari Malhotra has gi...
107K 7.1K 44
When Khushi returns back home, she expects everything to be the same as it was when she left two years back, but nothing is really the same. Her best...
21.7K 1.5K 5
"YOU ARE THE BIGGEST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE" That's all she needed to snap out of her illusion and hate him forever. Leaving was all that was left but a...
13.6K 956 24
In the aftermath of heartbreak and betrayal, Akshara and Aarohi, once torn apart by misunderstandings, stand at the crossroads of rebuilding their li...