Deception

By stariiyy

"I don't want to eat." His eyes narrow a fraction of an inch, but at this point I don't even care if I piss... More

Disclaimer
Chapter 1 - The Beginning
Chapter 2 - Concussion
Chapter 3 - Bitter ball
Chapter 4 - Infamously Brutal
Chapter 5 - Desire
Chapter 6 - Unravel
Chapter 7 - Wedding Bells
Chapter 8 - Revenge
Chapter 9 - Be Quiet and Drive
Chapter 10 - A Little Death
Chapter 11 - Is There Someone Else?
Chapter 12 - Habits
Chapter 13 - Death Wish
Chapter 14 - Let It Die
Chapter 15 - Bad Blood
Chapter 16 - Riot
Chapter 17 - Belong
Chapter 18 - Wanderers
Chapter 19 - The Devils Touch
Chapter 20 - One more day
Chapter 21 - Change
Chapter 22 - Fallen Angel
Chapter 23 - Arrest Me
Chapter 24 - She Knows
Chapter 25 - Jealousy
Chapter 26 - Careless Whisper
Chapter 27 - Titanium
Chapter 28 - Killshot
Chapter 30 - Same Old Love
Chapter 31 - Dreaming
Chapter 32 - Break Your Heart Right Back
Chapter 33 - Not Allowed
Chapter 34 - Pulse
Chapter 35 - Falling Into You
Chapter 36 - Not Your Only
Chapter 37 - Roadtrip
Chapter 38 - Trust Issues
Chapter 38 - Runaway
Chapter 40 - Moonlight
Chapter 41 - Drowning
Chapter 42 - You Will Fall
Chapter 43 - Us?
Chapter 44 - I Knew You Were Trouble
Chapter 45 - Wasted
Chapter 46 - You Look Lonely
Chapter 47 - Verdict
Chapter 48 - Prison Break
Chapter 49 - I Don't Belong Here
Chapter 50 - The Return
Chapter 51 - Feels
Chapter 52 - Hot Summer Night
Chapter 54 - Slow Down
Chapter 55 - Reflections
Last chapter

Chapter 29 - Closer

7.7K 214 40
By stariiyy

~Silas POV~

"It's been two days and there's still no lead on your sister. Are you sure you want us to lay low?"

Sitting back, I'm filled with surety that my decision is the right one. "I know my sister. The second she lives life without shopping sprees, she'll come running back. What I really want is the person who stole that file." I grit out in almost a growl. "And they better be in chains by the time I land in New York, understood?"

"Yes Boss." Damien says quietly. Though he's a fool in love with my sister I trust him not to go against my orders and deepen the search for her. "I'll get more men on it."

I shut the phone and tuck it into my pocket, sliding lower in my seat. The plane took off an hour ago and the entire time I've been making phone calls. I swear the second I leave New York everything there fucking falls apart. I have to hold the pieces together from where I am now - over Spain.

Looking out the window, I mentally prepare myself for what I have to do when I land. Find Bianca. Close that deal off with Chicago.

Get rid of the cartel that handed Catalina over to me.

Another headache. Now that I've married her, her father won't leave me alone. He thinks we're still allies, wait until I see his face when I tell him I don't give a crap about him.

A finger sprawls over my mouth when a laugh travels along the cabin. I tell myself I'm not looking there but still end up glancing back at two seats. And my searching stops.

She's a goddamn headache, but the the sight of her hiding her mouth beneath cards, taunting Renzo makes me still momentarily. "That's not fair, you cheated." He grumbles before chewing on his lower lip.

"No I didn't." She lifts a shoulder and grins. "You're just a terrible player."

I can't help but stare as she stands. Her black curls have never been bouncier as they fall to the small of her back. Today Miss gold digger styled half of it up. Blue diamond earrings. A silver chain around her neck, and then her outfit.

She thinks throwing on a jacket over shorts will help her with the cold, but I shouldn't be complaining. At least she wore one.

When she goes into the bathroom, I let out a tight breathe and keep my eyes to myself, but my mind is nowhere near controlled as my body.

I haven't been the same since last night, hell I haven't been the same since I first saw her and I fucking hate it.

My attention clings to her like a goddamn magnet whenever she's near. I don't know if I want to pin her against the wall and do the unthinkable, or do something sweet like give her flowers.

Fuck. I have to remind myself I'm not her real husband, try to get lost in other women before this affects my focus for work.

Ever since I became don I never let anything distract me from my duties. Not my mothers death, not Bianca running away every six months, not even a bullet.

The air hostess smiles softly while lowering her tray of drinks. I don't think before taking one, and then look at her.

"Is there anything else I can help you with, Mr Cavallaro?" She slowly asks, knowing damn well I'd slept with her in the past.

"No." I say dismissively. Her red lips part slightly in surprise but she quickly hides it as she walks away. I place a few fingers over my mouth knowing how badly I needed whatever I turned down.

Call me a celibate now.

I want one thing, and the closer it seems to me, the further it is.

"Can you play?"

Speak of the devil.

My head snaps up to the sound of her voice, eyes pausing on her and at the fact that she's standing so close to me. "Why?" I ask dryly.

She looks at the ground for a second in hesitation before sitting on the seat facing me. "Pick a card."  She says with a hopeful glint in her eyes, as if theres a small chance I'd turn her away.

Amused, I rest my arms on the armrest of the leather plane seat. "You like this huh?"

"I like games." As she spreads the cards into a fan and examines them, I feel off. She's being nice to me. "What?"

"You're sweet today." Somehow, I catch myself running my eyes over her bare legs. "What do you want?"

"You saved my life yesterday."

"I was being generous."

Her expression drops. "You care. You might not act like it but you do."

"Talk about something else, like the ridiculous outfit you're wearing."

"It's faux fur on top of a pink jacket to keep me warm."

"It looks like roadkill."

As if she thinks its a compliment she looks down and smiles, but it quickly drops. And her stare had never been this scolding. I feel like an asshole now, but don't expect her to throw all her cards my way.

My eyes fall closed for the second the plastic hits me, but then she passes my seat and I grab her hand. "Sto scherzando, sei bellissima. (I'm joking, you look beautiful."

The words take a long time to process in my head. When I realise I've spoken loud, I remember she's not Italian.

But that doesn't stop her from suspecting me. She looks down at my hand around her wrist, brows furrowed.

"Stay." I say as I slowly release her. She remains frozen for a long few seconds and just stares at me. "I'll be nice."

Another promise I don't know I can fulfill.  Catalina glances down in hesitation but then walks and drops onto the seat right next to me.

Her finger runs over her lip as she sits back, coldly examining me like she's trying to stand being in my presence.

She sticks her hand out, holds it there for a while, and waits for me to react. Something holds me back, but then I reach out over the armrest between us and give her my hand.

"What are you doing." I say emptily.

"Just seeing something." She looks me in the eye to check if its okay for her to pull it closer to her, and she presses two fingers on the inside of my wrist. "There it is. It's pretty weak though, I can barely feel it."

I shift at the warmth blossoming on the area she touches. Her skin on mine is...hell it's like no other.

It's disorientating and makes me do shit I can't control. Taking her hand in both of mine I pull them towards me and watch her expression shift as I press her palm against my chest. "Better?" I ask, my voice deepening.

Her mouth won't close. "Nope."

Little player. I hold her jaw and pull her face closer to mine. "You want me to tear it out so you can watch it beat in my hands?"

"Would you do it?"

The air grows heavier, spicier. I'm suddenly struggling to breathe, so I saw my lip between my teeth.

"Maybe."

She peers up at me with confusion beneath thick lashes. She doesn't say anything, maybe she's heard enough. Maybe even she's struck by the electric charge between us.

I want her to come closer. Close the space, hell I want it so bad my pulse leaps at the thought of it. I'd stand there and take it all in, let her do whatever she wanted to me.

And then my only sane voice kicks in.

"Good morning Ameri-" Renzo stops when seeing her pull away from me and lets out a little laugh. "Sto interrompendo? (Am I interrupting?)"

Idiot. I stand and head to the bedroom, and not because I want to bed the flight attendant walking out and staring my way. But because every inch of my skin is on fucking fire and if I don't get away from Catalina, I don't know what I'll fall trap to.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.6K 934 38
Vita Mia: My life ***************************************** She has never wanted to take any part in the mafia world that her abusive and manipulativ...
319K 7.9K 63
This is book two in the Lost&Found Series but can be read as a stand alone. *** I heard the bag drop on the table before he grabbed my elbow and spu...
4.7M 85.5K 54
𝑃𝑅𝑂𝑀𝐼𝑆𝐸- (π‘›π‘œπ‘’π‘›) π‘Žπ‘› π‘Žπ‘π‘‘ π‘œπ‘“ π‘Žπ‘ π‘ π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘Žπ‘›π‘π‘’ π‘‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘‘ π‘œπ‘›π‘’ 𝑀𝑖𝑙𝑙 π‘‘π‘œ π‘ π‘œπ‘šπ‘’π‘‘β„Žπ‘–π‘›π‘” π‘œπ‘Ÿ π‘‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘‘ π‘π‘Žπ‘Ÿπ‘‘π‘–π‘π‘’π‘™π‘Žπ‘Ÿ π‘‘β„Žπ‘–...
4.6M 92.5K 52
"Valerio, fuck I- I can't it's t-too much" he grabbed both her wrists locking them in place behind her back while ruthlessly pounding into her from b...