𝑺𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒅𝒔

By Dedun_Herself

"𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐞𝐭 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫... More

Hola✨
𝕊ℍ𝔸ℝ𝔻𝕊
ℙℝ𝕆𝕃𝕆𝔾𝕌𝔼
𝙲𝙷𝙰𝚁𝙰𝙲𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙰𝙴𝚂𝚃𝙷𝙴𝚃𝙸𝙲𝚂 1
𝙾𝙽𝙴
𝚃𝚆𝙾
𝚃𝙷𝚁𝙴𝙴
𝙵𝙾𝚄𝚁
𝙵𝙸𝚅𝙴
𝚂𝙸𝚇
Not a update
𝚂𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽
𝙴𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃
𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙴
𝙾𝚄𝚁 𝙷𝙴𝙰𝙳 𝙿𝚁𝙴𝙵𝙴𝙲𝚃𝚂
𝚃𝙴𝙽
𝙴𝙻𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽
𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙻𝚅𝙴
𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽
𝙵𝙾𝚄𝚁𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽
𝙵𝙸𝙵𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽
𝚂𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽
𝙴𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽
𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙴𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽
𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈
𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈-𝙾𝙽𝙴
𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈-𝚃𝚆𝙾
𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈-𝚃𝙷𝚁𝙴𝙴
𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈-𝙵𝙾𝚄𝚁
𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈-𝙵𝙸𝚅𝙴
𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈-𝚂𝙸𝚇
ANNOUNCEMENT
𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈-𝚂𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽
𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈-𝙴𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃
𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈-𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙴 (𝙰)
𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈-𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙴(𝙱)
𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝚈
𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝙾𝙽𝙴
𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝚃𝚆𝙾
𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝚃𝙷𝚁𝙴𝙴
𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝙵𝙾𝚄𝚁
𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝙵𝙸𝚅𝙴
𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝚂𝙸𝚇
𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝚂𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽
𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝙴𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃(𝙰)
𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝙴𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃(𝙱)
𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙴
𝙵𝙾𝚁𝚃𝚈
𝙵𝙾𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝙾𝙽𝙴
𝙵𝙾𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝚃𝚆𝙾
𝙵𝙾𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝚃𝙷𝚁𝙴𝙴
𝙵𝙾𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝙵𝙾𝚄𝚁(𝙰)
𝙵𝙾𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝙵𝙾𝚄𝚁(𝙱)
𝙵𝙾𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝙵𝙸𝚅𝙴
𝙵𝙾𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝚂𝙸𝚇(𝙰)
𝙵𝙾𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝚂𝙸𝚇(𝙱)
𝙵𝙾𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝚂𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽(𝙰)
𝙵𝙾𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝚂𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽(𝙱)
𝙵𝙾𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝚂𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽(𝙲)
𝙵𝙾𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝙴𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃
𝙵𝙾𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙴(𝙰)
𝙵𝙾𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙴 (𝙱)
𝙵𝙾𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙴(𝙲)
𝙵𝙸𝙵𝚃𝚈
𝙵𝙸𝙵𝚃𝚈-𝙾𝙽𝙴
𝙵𝙸𝙵𝚃𝚈-𝚃𝚆𝙾
𝙵𝙸𝙵𝚃𝚈 𝚃𝙷𝚁𝙴𝙴
ANNOUNCEMENT
𝙵𝙸𝙵𝚃𝚈-𝙵𝙾𝚄𝚁
𝙵𝙸𝙵𝚃𝚈-𝙵𝙸𝚅𝙴

𝚂𝙸𝚇𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽

379 142 106
By Dedun_Herself

Hey, guys!

We are all doing fine, I hope?🥺

We are approaching 1.5k reads, that couldn't have happened without you guys.🥺♥️ Thank you so much for being super supportive.

I love and cherish you guys to bits.

_______________𖧷______________

"𝐼 𝑤𝑖𝑠ℎ 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑘𝑛𝑒𝑤 ℎ𝑜𝑤
𝑏𝑎𝑑 𝑖𝑡 𝑓𝑢𝑐𝑘𝑒𝑑 𝑛𝑒 𝑢𝑝."

________________𖧷________________

           ~𝚂𝙷𝙰𝙺𝙸𝚁𝙰 𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙸𝙾𝙻𝙰 𝙼𝙰𝙻𝙸𝙺~

"The last time we spoke, I told you guys to read up on Feudalism," Mr Bryan, our government teacher, spoke with a warm smile on his face. His glasses-graced face darted around the four walls of our classroom, indirectly scouting for whom to point out, to answer his impending question.

He moved away from the board and dropped his marker on his table, gently leaning on it with his arms folded across his chest. He still had that gentle smile on his face which had me wondering why the hell he was smiling at us like a creep. The man smiles for a living.

Ugh!

This class should end, abeg.

"I believe I'm addressing you guys …" He trailed off, his eyes lingering ahead.

"No volunteers?" He lifted one of his eyebrows and the class snickered.

"Fine. Favour, what does Feudalism mean? In your own words, please." He spoke, nudging his head in the direction of the light-skinned girl. My eyes instinctively moved from Mr Bryan to Favour, who exhaled before getting up.

"Feudalism simply refers to the system of government based on land ownership. That is, the land is its major factor and it's mainly characterized by 'lords' and 'serfs'." She answered.

The tall man chuckled and turned to the class.

"Thank you, Favour. Your definition is on point. You can have your seat." He gestured at her and she nodded with a smile, settling onto her seat.

"Come on, guys. I'm waiting." He urged.

"Favour took the lead. I should be seeing all hands in the air right now." He added, adjusting his glasses on his face.

Of course, they wouldn't say anything but if it was to scatter everywhere, that was what they did best!

Like you are any better. Why aren't you saying anything too?

Don't even start...

My eyes settled on Noble, who raised a finger in the air, signalling that he wanted to try. I rolled my eyes and tore my gaze off him, leaning into my seat and exhaling softly.

"Noble," Mr Bryan urged him.

"Feudalism is a term used to describe the type of economic and political arrangement that dominated the highest level of society in Medieval Europe," He paused, I turned to Mr Bryan and assessed the impressive smile that was tugging at his bottom lips.

He bobbed his head at him, urging him to proceed.

"In Feudalism, a lord gives his most trusted men, known as the vassals, land and power over all the people living there, and in return, they swear loyalty to him and promise to give him a share of their taxes and provide military support whenever called upon." Noble concluded with a small smile on his face.

The class broke into hoots.

"Noble oooo!"

"Scholar!"

"Aristotle's first born!!"

"Socrates' cousin!"

Really, Nigga? These guys have been dead since God knows when!

"You people should leave it for Noble, abeg!!"

I was chuckling. My classmates were supposed to take up the nearest job as hype men and women. They were so good at it. SS3A students will hype you till heat starts emitting from your eyes and ears. And of course, Jimi was the one chairing the whole thing.

Jimi was hyperactive when it came to things like this. His energy was beyond me at times. I tend to wonder what it was like to be in his head at times.

He was a handful.

"Class!" Mr Bryan called in a cautioning tone, repressing his smile.

"Thank you, Noble." Mr Bryan threw him a smile.

"Alright then. Let me just give you guys a quick rundown on the topic and the rest as you know, it's going to be your assignment." He addressed us, resulting in murmurs from every angle of the class.

I grimaced.

God, not assignments again. I haven't found a way out of the ones I have been battling with. Now, this?

These teachers need to rest at times.

He moved over to the board and wrote Feudalism boldly on it, turning around to face us.

"You should know," He began.

"Feudalism doesn't really have a specific definition. It's being perceived in so many ways but the key information that's associated with it is that it's a political and economic system and It is hierarchical." He paused, his eyes scanning the entire class.

"So, I'd say it's a political and economic system in which landholders provide lands to tenants in exchange for their loyalty and services. Now, let me break it down for you guys,"

"There are three distinct social classes in a feudal system." He spoke, settling on the table he had leaned on previously.

"There's the lord. A lord is a noble who owns lands which are known as fiefs in a feudal system. The Lord gives out land to the vassals who in turn provide services to the lord,

"Vassals___

I zoned out.

I was beginning to doze on my chair that I was slouched against. My eyelids got heavier with each passing second but I still managed to peer at Mr Bryan underneath my lashes. I barely slept all night. I was tossing and turning in my sleep. 

It's been that way for a few days now. I knew I needed the rest. I needed to rest but no matter how much I wanted to, I couldn't. I didn't want to start coping with the pills again. I had promised myself that I was going to stop. I didn't want to take them anymore.

Yes, they'd make me sleep but I didn't want to pump myself full of sleeping pills. It wasn't healthy.

I could see his lips move but I couldn't hear what he was saying anymore. 

You need help...

I'M FUCKING FINE!!

God!

I have never met a voice this intrusive and repulsive. It was so irritating being in my business every damn time, whispering and hinting at things I didn't want to hear I was so sick of it.

The shrill sound of the electric bell yanked me out of my reverie and pulled me to reality. I exhaled and dropped my elbows on my desk. Sighs of relief from classmates soon filled my ears.

Great, I wasn't the only bored one here.

"I'll attend to your assignments in the next class." Mr Bryan told us and walked out of the class while I was left to pack my jaws that had fallen to the floor in shock.

When did he give us assignments?

Oh, that. You were too busy being all in your head that you barely heard him say anything.

That tiny infuriating voice found its way back into my thoughts after so much effort of trying to block it out.

Fuck off!

I puffed out some air and grabbed my phone, sauntering out of the classroom. I needed to breathe and I couldn't do that in this hellhole. The hallway was filled with senior students loitering around.

It was their free period. 

I spun around, heading off to the school garden where I could get some quiet time to myself. It was so noisy around here. My phone started ringing mid-way. I halted in my steps and dug my hands into the pocket of my blazer, fishing for my phone.

I let out a hiss once the caller ID came into view. I waited patiently till it stopped ringing before tucking the phone back into my pocket. I didn't take two steps till it started ringing again.

Exhaling in frustration, I took it out from the pocket of my blazer and picked up the call.

"What?!" I literally barked into the phone, increasing the pace at which I was walking.

"You have not been picking up my calls." He stated, his tone filled with immense worry. 

"Khalil, I don't want to talk." I sighed tiredly.

"I just want to apologize. I figured you were still mad at me. Nini, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to come at you the way I did. That wasn't fair." He apologized and I scoffed.

"Yeah, right." I hissed and hung up on him.

I descended the staircase in a hurry and stepped out of the building. The cold air that hit me on the face had me sighing in pleasure. It felt good to be away from the distraction even though I knew it wasn't going to last. The free period we had was going to be over soon.

But until then, I knew I still had ten minutes or so and I was going to use it to the fullest.

There was something about Cove's garden…

I didn't know if it was the fact that it had the best view in the whole school or the warm, accommodating vibe it gave off once you set foot in it. Beautiful was an understatement when it came to this place.

It had a knack for making me feel safe.

I loved the fact that the school didn't give it a complete makeover. It had this mysterious vintage aura feel to it. It was hard to miss. That was like the beauty of the whole thing. It made it more enchanting.

It looked more natural than artificial. Something old yet, captivating. I could assess the beauty of this place all day and not get tired. It was peaceful around here and I could genuinely say that this was my favourite spot in the school.

The serenity it had to offer was second to none.

I barely had the chance to process my thoughts and bask in the placidity of my environment when my phone rang again. This time around, I was desperate to find any hole I could shove the device into. The incessant and shrill sounds that emitted from it sent me over the edge and left me irritated.

I was seething.

I sank into the brick-like seat and searched for the phone in my pocket then I picked up the call, ready to blast Khalil and ask him why he couldn't take a fucking hint.

"For the love of God, what the hell is your problem, Khalil?" I gritted out, clenching my fists tightly. At some point, I feared that my knuckles were going to turn white, judging by the pressure I had put on them.

I was met by an eerie silence.

Silence.

An unnerving one at that.

"Khalil?" I called, questioningly this time around because I wasn't sure of what was going on anymore. How would he call me and suddenly go mute over the phone?

I didn't understand.

"The disrespect..."

Those two words rendered me frozen in my seat. Those two words were uttered by a voice I knew so well. A voice I could tell apart among thousands if I were asleep. 

Over the years, you would have thought I had gotten used to the iciness it held but I haven't and I could never find myself getting used to it no matter how much I tried.

Her tone was dangerously calm yet, the coldness in it could freeze an entire ocean, up. 

"Mommy…" I trailed off, distaste evident in my voice. Right now, I'd pick talking with Khalil all day over having the littlest conversation with her. 

This woman found new ways to aggravate me. Every. Damn. Time.

The hate I abhorred against her intensified with each passing second. I just couldn't deal when it came to her. She irks the living daylights out of me.

Was I frustrated earlier?

Yes.

Now, I was beyond pissed. I was fuming. My throat felt clogged, and the blood that coursed through every inch of my body burned with pure resentment. I fisted the hem of my skirt in my hands, chewing on my lower lip till I nearly drew blood out of it.

"Is this how you speak to your brother? I certainly raised you better, Niniola." She spoke, and a dry, lifeless chuckle followed right after. 

After what transpired between us at the dining table, she was like a ghost that vanished into thin air. I barely saw her in the house. Not like I always did but this time, it felt like she put in extra effort to avoid me. 

I didn't give a damn anyways. I stopped giving a fuck years ago.

"Wow, mommy, I didn't know you still have my number on your phone. Awww, this is amazing." I strained my voice, taking it up a notch higher, my voice heavy with sarcasm.

"Watch your tone," She warned and I scoffed.

"Can you say whatever it is you want? There's somewhere called school and that's where I'm at so, I suggest you get on with it…" I paused, hiding my shaky hands in my blazers. I didn't want to see it. It was driving me mad.

She affected me a lot and I hated it!

"Nini__

"Mom, for fucks sake! What is it that you want!" The green grass beneath my feet was starting to look so dull and blurry. My eyes were stinging with unshed tears that I was struggling to hold back, so they wouldn't fall off. I was failing miserably at it.

My lips quivered.

I clamped my teeth over my bottom lip, chewing on it to keep it in place.

"I'll be home by the weekend," She began curtly. I knew she wasn't done and she still had more to say. Mom wouldn't just call to tell me she'd be home by the weekend. 

I didn't know how long I could keep it together. 

"I'm hosting a dinner party for my friends. You will relay this message to your brother and I expect you two to be on your best behaviour." She expressed audaciously, the firmness of her tone and the underlying warning in it gave no room for arguments.

What she wants, she gets.

"You can invite your friends. Their kids will be there and I see a reason not to. It's going to be a teenage-friendly environment." She added.

"You could have just sent a text, mom. You didn't have to call," I said monotonously.

"Nini__

She didn't get the chance to press the issue further before I cut her off. I was tired of listening to her. I didn't want to hear her voice anymore. It was unsettling.

"Oh, and by the way, you can call Khalil yourself and inform him. I'm not telling him shit." I said into the phone and hung up on her before she could protest.

I switched off my phone and threw it into my pocket.

I sat there quietly, staring into space.

Then, a lone tear rolled down my cheek, soft whimpers escaped my lips and the tears I had been desperately trying to hold back, streamed down my face uncontrollably.

                                          •••••

I stepped out of the stall and walked to the sink to wash my hands. Once I was done, I patted them dry and disposed of the wet tissues. I stopped abruptly, my eyes wandering around the sink in an attempt to find my phone. I furrowed my brows in confusion and went back into the toilet to check properly.

Where the hell is my phone?

I walked out of the stall and shut the door behind me, strutting over to the sink again.

It wasn't there.

I flipped my braids off my shoulders and spun around, my eyes settling on the petite girl standing in front of the mirror and applying lip gloss on her lips. My face contorted in a deep frown. Her short-sleeved shirt indicated that she was a junior.

"Hey!" I called sharply.

She stilled for a second before turning around to face me. She blinked her innocent eyes at me and I rolled my eyes, planting my hands on my hips.

"Did you take my phone?" I queried, arching one of my eyebrows at her. She shook her head in response.

I dropped it on the sink!

"Use your words, girl!" I snapped.

She cowered backwards in fright, fear clouding her amber eyes. I felt a pang of guilt hit me immediately and I sighed, massaging my forehead. I didn't mean to snap at her. I was having a bad day and now my phone is missing.

"I'm sorry," I apologized softly and she nodded.

"A black iPhone?" She inquired, I nodded in affirmation.

"Senior Jasmine and her friends took it when they came in. They left not quite long ago." She explained. I squinted my eyebrows at her and watched as she wiped her palms on her skirt.

Who the hell was Jasmine?

"Do you know her class?" I asked her and she nodded, I motioned at her to lead the way. God, someone's daughter better not piss me off today. Sincerely, now was not the time to get on my bad side.

I'm so in the mood to rip a motherfucker's hair off.

I grimaced when I saw that she led me to Chizaram's class. 

"Thank you," I told her. She smiled at me and stalked off.

Well, then. Let's meet Jasmine...

I pushed the door open, stepped into the class and slammed the door shut behind me before turning to the class that had suddenly gotten so quiet. I didn't miss the look of shock that flashed across their faces. Their eyes were pinned on me, staring at me like I had grown two heads.

I raised a challenging brow at them, tilting my head to the side whilst daring them to speak up. When they finally removed their laser-like eyes from me, I scoffed. My gaze roamed every corner of the class trying to find a familiar face. I spotted Chizaram who had her head buried in a book, scribbling in it.

Then, it clicked all of a sudden.

I do know Jasmine. I remember her.

The tiny rat with the expensive weave.

Was she trying to get on my nerves?

My eyes settled on her small frame instantly. I started making my way toward her. A light smirk found its way to her lips as she tilted her head to the side, one of her hands resting lazily on the empty chair beside her. 

How did she even know it was mine?

Yeah, right. My screen lock. It was kinda hard to miss.

If I were a coward, I'd be intimidated by her looks. I guess all the years of living with mom finally rubbed off on me. If there was anything I had come to know about my mother, that woman doesn't get intimidated. She intimidates and would bow to no one.

Sure, I had seen her the other day but not up close.

Her entire look screamed LUXURY in bold beautiful letters. She knew she was beautiful and she owned it with pride.

She looked like a total baddie.

Her creamy blonde braids were left unpacked, falling over her shoulders regally and it highlighted her smooth light skin. Her skin had and carried this distinct glow with it. A glow that was nearly blinding. It was so hard to miss.

It was alluring, to say the least.

She had her face made up to perfection. Her style of makeup was so familiar. It was just like Arianna Grande's, ranging from her eyeshadow, down to her eyeliner and her nude-coated lips. It was so subtle. How she pulled it off, I didn't understand.

Her Almond green eyes swirled with mischief but were clouded with something darker. She was pretty yet, there was something about her. Something so unnerving and empty. It was almost scary. I could barely pinpoint it.

She had the kind of eyes you would look into and feel the hair on your nape getting conscious. The kind of eyes that have fear creeping into you slowly and sending shivers down your spine. And no, not in a good way.

She gave off this seductive aura without stress.

"My phone?" I queried, flatly.

"And who are you?" The light-skinned girl I presumed to be her friend, sitting beside her, scowled at me. 

I rolled my eyes and reverted my gaze to Jasmine.

"What phone?" Jasmine asked and stared at me like she didn't understand what I was saying and I couldn't resist chuckling.

"Don't act like you don't know what I'm saying," I sighed.

"A junior student saw you pick up my phone by the sink where I left it. I'm not even going to ask you why you took it, just hand it over and let me bounce." I told her.

"You can't just waltz in here pointing fingers at anyone you see." The tall girl sitting at her back sneered at me.

How come they all look like dolls?

"I didn't take your phone." She defended and I snorted. My eyes met Chizaram's confused ones in the process. She arched one of her perfectly carved brows at me, confusion and fright marrying her face.

I looked away from her reluctantly and returned my attention to the Barbie doll. She appeared determined to stick to the fact that she didn't take my phone.

Was this girl kidding? She had better hand me my phone before I wipe the board clean with her cake-baked face!

"The fucking phone, now!" I commanded, my audacious voice booming across the room. I could feel their eyes on me but I couldn't care less. I wanted my phone and I wanted to leave this place.

She flinched at the sharpness of my phone and recoiled into her seat. She narrowed her dark green eyes which had gotten a shade darker at me, burning with rage.

She clicked her tongue in distaste and opened her locker. She brought the phone out and pushed it toward me. I picked it up and examined it properly.

"Careful," I warned.

"The phone's worth more than the weave on your head, sweetheart." I smiled sweetly at her. 

Then, I bent slightly to her level and placed my mouth so close to her ear.

"Pick on someone your size next time, and take more bitch practice too, you seem to be skipping classes," I whispered in her ear and chuckled.

"You crossed the wrong line, Malik." Her tone was so cold but loud enough for me to hear. I paused and turned to her, tilting my head to the side and sizing her up a bit. I eyed her beneath my lashes and scoffed.

"We'll see."

That was my answer, before sauntering out of the class.

The nerve...

                                        •••••

Chizaram was boring holes into my body with her eyes.

No, scratch that. She was glaring intently at me. Her light brown eyes narrowed at me like I had grown two heads. It was uncomfortable but I wasn't going to say anything. I didn't want to.

She has been acting so off since she walked into the cafeteria. So withdrawn and moody, occasionally stabbing her beef with her fork whilst tightening her hold on it.

She huffed, and her cutleries came dropping on her plate with a loud clatter. I winced sharply at the noise. She slammed her palms on the table, in an attempt to gain my attention.

"Chizaram, what!" I snapped at her, exasperated.

She scoffed, eyebrows tugged upwards, her facial expression contorted into disbelief.

"Are we really going to play this game?" She queried, glaring at me.

"What game?" I shot back at her quizzically, feigning innocence.

"Kira," She called through gritted teeth.

I rolled my eyes at her.

"Fine!" I huffed.

I thought being grumpy was my thing. Why was she acting like something crawled up into her ass and died in there?

"She came into the restroom while I was in one of the stalls and took my phone, probably to taunt me, I have no idea,"

"The sickest part was her acting like she didn't know what I was talking about when I confronted her. That girl is like the devil's spawn." I grew more irritated thinking about it.

Her face went pale.

"God, Jasmine…" She trailed off.

"Did you at least get your phone back? I wasn't paying attention," she asked with worry laced in her tone. Her brown eyes which have always shimmered so brightly seemed so dim. I could make out how exhausted she looked from where I sat. 

I furrowed my brows in confusion.

"Zee, are you okay?" I inquired, my voice barely above a whisper, filled with immense worry.

"Yes, I'm fine. It's just cramps." She whined, pouting.

"Awww, Kay bear," I cringed at the nickname. As if Reina wasn't enough. Now, Kay bear? God forbid.

"Are you worried about me?" She gasped, wiping fake tears off her face. I exhaled in defeat.

She could have fooled me.

For a moment there, it does seem like she had little sense in her brain. Leave it to her to swap it for a make-up kit.

"It's not that bad, right? Can you manage till closing hour?" I asked, reaching for her hands and squeezing them for comfort. She grinned at me and nodded.

"Listen, just be careful when it comes to Jasmine. That girl is crazy." She implored, her tone was soft, but not soft enough to override the warning her words held.

I squinted my eyes at her and nodded slowly.

"My mom's hosting some half-assed dinner on Friday. I don't want to be around people I don't know. Will you come, please?" I tried adopting her puppy eyes method but failed woefully, eliciting a laugh from her.

Sure, she looked a little weary earlier but the exhaustion in her eyes had slowly dissolved and morphed into a wide grin. I feared that her mouth was going to detach from her head at some point. She was beaming so much and I knew why.

Zee was obsessed with parties.

She bobbed her head vigorously like a little kid that was just been handed her favourite doll.

"Girl!" She exclaimed.

"You know I wouldn't miss any chance to hang out with you and it's a party so, count me in!" She squealed.

Wasn't she the one battling with cramps just now?

I hissed and took a sip from my Coca-Cola bottle.

"Will you invite Stefan?" 

I spat my drink out. It spilt on my shirt in the process, leaving an ugly brown stain on it. I whipped my head up angrily, glaring daggers at the light-skinned girl who was munching on her rice, batting her eyelashes at me innocently.

Stefan...

I was doing a good job at avoiding him, no doubt. After what transpired between us at the court, I couldn't bring myself to face him. It was so embarrassing. I'd always feel his eyes on me in class, but I had willed myself not to spare so much as a glance in his direction. 

Now she wants me to talk to him?!

I'd rather chew raw meat than do that.

I pursed my lips, biting down on them gently, trying to repress my smile. Blood rushed to my cheeks, heating them warmly. 

"Kira?" Zee called, her voice heavy with amusement.

"Kira, you are blushing!" She exclaimed in disbelief.

"No, I'm not!" I replied instantaneously, suddenly so defensive.

"Invite him, jhor," She teased me with a smile.

"So that he'll come with Abasi and Jeremy." She giggled at the end of her statement. I rolled my eyes at her. Of course, Jeremy. That guy has stolen all the sense she had left.

She was acting like a little girl.

"I will," I grumbled.

"We are going shopping!" She announced and I frowned.

"With your money." She added, beaming and my frown deepened even more.

"No, we are not," I said sternly.

"Kira, please nau," She whined, resorting to using her puppy eyes trick on me. I snorted at her attempt to get me to do her bidding. 

Never.

"Chizaram, you have tons of clothes in your closet. Clothes that you have not even worn before in your entire life!" I hissed in distaste, throwing my hands up in the air for emphasis.

"Won fi shey eh ni?" I inquired, arching one of my brows at her.

"You won't die if you don't go shopping. Wear the ones you have!" I snapped at her. Chizaram was an active shopper. She could buy the whole world, if she had the chance.

"Ehn, I'm not coming again." She shrugged casually and brushed the issue off, waving her hand dismissively in the air before picking up her phone.

Of course, blackmail.

She took a page from her playbook.

She had me right where she wanted me and she knew it. She knew I'd succumb eventually.

"I hate you. You know that, right?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at her. She didn't look up from her phone. I watched as a smile crept up on her face and her silly attempt to hide it.

"Jesus, Zee, you are so impossible!"

"Fine, we'll go shopping. Christ, I hate you so much." I grimaced. She looked up from her phone and smirked at me, flipping her imaginary hair off her shoulder.

"No one does it better, honey." She sassed.

I threw my serviette paper at her face, causing her to erupt in a fit of giggles.

I'll forever be grateful for her presence in my life. Chizaram was that one friend I never wanted to lose.

A/N

Without further ado, I have just one question for you guys. What can you deduce from this chapter?🌚

Not Jasmine and Kira, abeg...😂😭 I can't deal when it comes to those two.

Trouble was taking a nap and Jasmine went to poke it. She con collect.😂😭

We do remember, right? Jasmine is all barks and no bite...

Kira and Zee be giving subtle friendship goals.🔥

*Chewscornaggressively*

Do tell me what you think in the comments section and don't forget to vote, comment and share. Till next week, fam.

Adiós ✨

Love, Didi.♥️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 53 39
"I don't know what kind of girl you think I am Greg" I mumbled. I was not the kind of girl who slept with guys on a whim. I wanted him, but not enoug...
1.8K 151 8
"I hate that you can see right through me" "The feeling's mutual" She was scarred from the event that occurred the summer before college. Thre...
189K 3.7K 17
𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐮𝐦𝐧 𝐌𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐧 is 17 years old, who is from London, and is forced to move to Canada with her abusive father. She's been through so much...
4.5K 94 29
COMPLETED✅ Two high school teenagers finding themselves, analyzing this ever changing world, and building love. This is the type of love you wish you...