Breath of The Sun

By WhovianJC

From birth Izuku was always different from his twin sister Izumi. His whole family thought him deaf because h... More

Early Life Part 1
Early Life Part 2
Rediscovery of a Lost Art
Students and Friends
The New Generation Beginnings
A Drop Out and Some Tragedy
An Explanation and a Promise
The Breathing Forms
New House Mate and Great Progress
A Rocking Date
Poll Time Please Read
The Truth Reveled and a New Student
On the Villain Side of Things
UA Entrance Exam Part 1
Entrance Exam Pt.2
Entrance Exam Pt. 3
Question
Further Investigations into Moon Breathing
Selection Ceremony
The Forging of Their Final Blades
The Quirk Apprehension Test
Our First Mission
New Poll Time : Updated
Learning Total Concentration Constant
The USJ Part 1
The USJ Part 2
The USJ Final Part
Meeting with the Teachers and Celebration
The Meeting of the Upper Moons
The Kidnapping Of Izuku Yagi
Important Announcement
Announcement 2
Izuku Tours the Village
The Meeting of The Pillars
A Bumpy Return
Izumi's New Breathing Form
Training with Zenitsu
Training with Rengoku
The Sports Festival: Obstacle Race
Sports Festival: 1v1 Eighth-finals
Sports Festival 1v1 Quarter Finals Pt. 1
Sports Festival 1v1 Quarter Finals Pt. 2
Sports Festival 1v1 Semi Finals
Sports Festival Finals
Passing out Swords to the New Recruits
Internship Hardships
A Chilling Blast From the Past
The Battles Begin
The Battle Against Stain
Medical Attention
Recovery

Sports Festival: Intermission

549 19 0
By WhovianJC

--- Hi so this chapter is going to be two thing together, specifically the Calvary battle and intermission. The calvary battle will be the shorter part of this chapter, the intermission the chapter is named after will consist of a performance and then the events that normally happen around that time. ---  

Izuku's POV:

          I did something so many people thought was impossible, I a quirkless man have beaten out all my quirked opponents in the obstacle course race. Midnight up on the umpire stage was announcing all the students who successfully passed the obstacle race and moved onto the next event. 

          "Now then let us spin the wheel to determine the next event." Midnight announced and cracked her whip causing the hologram screen to reappear and spin the wheel again. "Now then," Crack, "the next event will be a Calvary Battle" 

          "I wonder how this is going to work," I heard Ochaco say. 

          "At a normal sports Festival the teams are determined by the classes them selves," Izumi pondered aloud. 

          "Somehow I don't think that's how UA will do it," Katsumi surmised. 

          "For this event each Participant will be given a point value, based on their performance in the first event." Midnight said, "once your point value is assigned you will be given some time to form a team of 2-4 individual. Now then the point values starting from last place at 5 points and going up in increments of five till we get to second place then there is first place at 10 million points." 

          I swear at that moment the fighting spirit around me from the other students rivaled a low class demon. I decided to return the favor by asking one single question to Midnight, "Umpire I have a personal request," I called out. 

          "Yes Izuku what would that be?" she asked me. 

          "I would like to go at this event by myself, if the teachers will allow it?" I said. 

          "Of course," Midnight shook her head. "While Nezu what is your decision?" 

          Suddenly the Holo-screen was back this time displaying Nezu's face, "Are you sure about this Izuku?" he asked me I nodded. "Well then know this, we will not give you a second chance should you lose." 

          "I don't think that will be a problem sir," I said. Ten minutes later I was handed a head band which felt like being handed the Sword of Damocles with all the teams staring at me. I was determined to not draw my blade at all during this event.

          "The Calvary Battle will be a 15 minute long event." Midnight announced a timer appearing behind her. "Now let this battle begin!" and she cracked her whip. 

          Almost immediatly I was under attack by an ice spike aimed at my head. I utilized Fake Rainbow and dodged the attack proceeding to run around periodically changing my direction using the same technique. When all was said and done the battle was quite boring for me after many failed attempts on my mirages most stop chasing me and just went for other headbands. Shortly after that the bell rang and I was in first place once again. 

          "To no ones surprise, that know him anyway, Izuku has come out on top of the Calvary battle!" Midnight announced. "The other teams to move forward to the final round include, Team Shinsou, Team Todoroki, Team Katsuki, and Team Jirou. With these last two events finished we will now be taking an intermission/ Lunch Break to allow participating students to regain some stamina. After the Lunch break we have a special new addition this year a performance by a popular online band Forgotten Spirits." With that announced there was massive cheers from the audience. "They will be preforming two songs for us. One of their most popular and one that hasn't been heard by ears since first played by their founding members!"

Melissa POV: at lunch pavilion

          I was sitting peacefully eating lunch with my friends when out on no where Todoroki walks up to me. He wanted to talk in a more private manner and pulled me away and to a hall that was secluded. 

          "Shield be honest with me," he said leaning against the opposite wall. "Are you All Might's secret love child or something?" 

          I almost burst out in laughter, he thought I was the child of All Might. I guess he never thought about David Shield even though that is a very unusual name. Finally I could hold it in no longer and I laughed. 

          "What's so funny?" He asked me. 

          "You thinking I am the Daughter of All Might," I said laughing a little more. "Especially when actually has two biological kids in our class and one adopted." 

          "No that can't be you share his hair color his eye color and have a very similar quirk to his," 

          "That is all happenstance, no the actually kids of All Might are Izuku Izumi and Mikumo," I told him shaking my head for the first bit. "Mikumo is adopted" 

          "His kids are all Quirkless how?" He asked. 

          "Well Izuku was the only one of the twins born Quirkless," I whispered to my self. 

          "What?" 

          "Uh you heard that," I said he nodded. "If you really want to know you'll have to ask Izumi her self." 

          "Ladies and Gentlemen this is an announcement to say the Intermission show is about to begin!" Midnight's voice sounded from the speakers.

Izuku POV:

          Me, Jirou, Izumi, Katsumi, and Mikumo where all in a private Locker room with a divider down the middle getting dressed in our stage gear. I got dressed in my Demon Slayer Corps uniform/ my Hero Outfit with the color replaced to look like it worked with my black fox mask the final touch was to let my hair down.

          Mikumo was dressed up in his main Demon Slayer Corps uniform with the Haori switched out to a blue dragon scale pattern. Once he was sure everything was on right he secured his blue dragon mask. 

          After that Izumi walked over to us with Katsumi and Jirou each in their own outfit. Izumi was in a black Kimono with purple highlights and a black and purple Cat mask. 

          Katsumi in a white and red kimono similar to Izumi's with a matching white and red mask. 

          And Jirou was wearing a Kimono with an inverse color scheme to my own to match her mask the white version of mine.

          "Everyone ready?" I asked they all nodded. "Okay remember when the smoke bombs are thrown we run in. Mikumo you are taking the lead on the first song since you wrote the lyrics to the melody I composed." 

          "Right," he said. 

          "For the last song it will be a duet between me and Jirou rest of you back up on the chorus." I said.

          "How can we do that it is a song only you two know?" Izumi asked me.

          "It is a simple song so just follow our lead on it," Jirou said for me.  

          With that we all went to one of the tunnels, waiting for the stage to be set. Finally it was time the over head dome closed above us the lights broke out and pointed at the stage with our gear. At last the smoke bombs hit the stage and it was obscured we all made our move rushing to the stage as fast as we could and taking out place with our gear in hand. All of us with a mask the partially obscures our mouth has a mic built into the mask. 

          The smoke cleared and revealed us, Jirou on her guitar, Mikumo our normal second guitar now playing the lead, me on my bass guitar, Izumi on keyboard, and Katsumi on drums. 

--- Lead Singer will be in bold when we get to the Duet Jirou and Izuku will be bold and Italics respectively if the rest are providing backing vocals regular and if all are singing together it will be underlined ---

I know why I can be strong, Mikumo sang. Take me on,

A stiff heart, intoxicated by muddy revolving lanterns 

There's something I want to grasp in my trembling hands, that's all 

In the smell of the night (in the smell of the night)

Even if you look at the sky (Staring at the sky)

The only thing that can change is your self, that's all 

I know why I can be strong, take me on 

What Happened! 

A dream that can't be erased, even now that can't be stopped 

If I can become strong for someone else 

Thank you sorrow 

Beaten by the world, I learned the meaning of losing 

Crimson lotus blooms in full glory! 

Illuminate your destiny 

A bewildered heart pierces my ears with the noise of lightning

Is there something you can't protect just by being kind? 

I know 

Good and evil intertwined under the surface of Divine punishment for hypocrisy that can be seen through 

Tell me why, tell me why, tell me why, tell me ...

I don't need you ...

I don't need you ...

From a flower of talent, a single flower that continues to challenge and bloom is beautiful 

Even roads full of thorns that have been laid out wildly 

I'll show up only to the serious me, so I'll show you how to over come it 

Even the dreams that couldn't be protected that were easily cleared up 

Rooted in the crimson heart, dwelling in this blood 

Unknown, ephemeral, scattered ending 

Heartlessly torn, the wind of screams blows 

Someone's laughing shadow, Someone's cry 

I whish everyone happiness

What happened! 

A dream that can't be erased, even now that can't be stopped 

If I can become strong for someone else

Thank you sorrow 

Beaten down by the world, I learned the meaning of losing 

Crimson lotus blooms in full glory 

Illuminate your destiny 

            The audience cheered all the way through the song. That was one of our newer songs Jirou remembered how I played that melody back when I found my guitar and wanted to make a song using it. So I played the melody for everyone and we all worked on our own song for it, Mikumo's won by a long shot. Well the Applause were happening we rearranged on the stage with Jirou and I next to each other and Mikumo situated where Jirou was. With us in proper position we launched into the last song.

What am I to be? What is my calling? 

I gave up giving up, I'm ready to go! 

The Futures left unseen, It all depends on me

Put it on the line to follow my dream, yeah!

Tried all my life, I've tried to find 

Something that make want to hold on and never let go

Oh! 

Hero too we are Heroes too

My heart is set (my heart is set) and I won't back down

Hero too, Strength doesn't make a hero

True Heroes (true heroes) stand up for what they believe 

So wait and see

So wait and see

What do they think me? Who do they think I'll be?

I could not care less I don't wanna know

Am I doing right? Am I satisfied?

I wanna live my life like its meant to be

Yeah! 

Hero too we are Heroes too

My heart is set (My heart is set) And I won't back down 

Hero too, Strength doesn't make a hero

True heroes (True Heroes) Stand up for what they believe in

So wait and see

People will judge for no reason at all

Yeah they might try 

To say your dreams dumb, don't listen

They may look down on me and count me out 

I'm going my own way

They may look down on me and count me out

I'm a hero and I've got music!

Hero too, we are heroes too 

Our hearts are set and we won't back down 

Hero too, strength doesn't make a hero

True heroes stand up for what they believe 

Yeah we'll be

Hero too, we are heroes too 

My heart is set (my heart is set) and we won't back down 

Hero too, strength doesn't make a hero

True heroes (true heroes) Stand up for what they believe in

So wait and see

I have met so many heroes in my life 

Gave me the strength and courage to survive

Gave us the power to smile everyday 

Now its our turn to be the ones to make you smile!

          The audience gave us resounding cheers all around and many of the students who were forced out of the festival were standing giving us a standing ovation. All around I think it is safe to say the first ever UA Sports Festival Intermission show was a resounding success.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.1K 199 27
After both your parents and your godfathe died, you were sent to live with your uncle Enji Todoroki. But everywhere you go, you see this ash-blonde b...
9.8K 239 12
You've grown up a lot since we were kids ... Y/n.. You and Izuku were friends when you were kids ,but sadly you moved away 10 years later you come b...
887 56 16
This story follows many Highschool students in their journey at UA. Learning to control their abilities and learning what it takes to be in class 1-A...
135K 4.4K 31
f/n l/n was accepted into UA, even though she didn't pass any entry exam or physical test. The class who supposed to only be composed of 20 students...