Sports Festival: 1v1 Eighth-finals

Izuku POV:

          The audience cheered as we left the stage to go and get ready for the 1v1 tournament. We left and made our way back to the locker room and began changing back to our gym wear.

          "Okay folks we are going to take a moment to clear of the stage and assemble the arena for the next part!" Present Mic called out to the audience. "This is the last chance to go and take care of anything before the Eighth-finals." 

          My first match was up first so once I was changed I made my way immediatly to the tunnel I was designated to. Izumi, Katsumi and Jirou all went to their respective waiting rooms where they can view the current match and prepare for their own match.

          "Thanks for waiting everyone," Midnight announced. "And a special thanks to Cementoss for building the arena and assisting me as a second referee." 

          "It will be my pleasure," Cementoss said from on top of a mound of cement to view the ring.

          "Now with out further ado it is time to call out the participants of the first matchup," Midnight said. "Our first fighter is Izuku Yagi, the leader of the sports festival thus far." after she said my name I began walking to the arena. "His opponent is Hitoshi Shinsou, of class 1-C." Shinsou began walking up to the arena. "Now the rules are quite simple knock your opponent out you win, get them out of the arena you win or if you incapacitate your opponent you win. Now do either of you have anything to say before we begin?" 

          "Yes," I said she nodded telling me to continue. "Shinsou this is your chance to prove to me you are ready. In other words show me what you've learned." 

          "I will!" Shinsou said aloud. Like all of those who have joined the Demon Slayers, Shinsou put in a request to have his practice blades for the Sports Festival. In his case his practice blades were of similar design to Jirou's, the only difference being they were lighter and a longer chain, so I had to keep an eye on his reach. He also had a small satchel of smoke bombs designed to emulate the ones used by my Love, Jirou. 

          "Okay each of you take five steps from the center," Midnight directed and we obliged. "Now that we are all ready let's begin." a horn sounded and the battle was on.

          I waited for him to make the first move this was a test after all, "Total Concentration, Sound Breathing First Form Modified: Echoing Roar!" He shouted twirling his blades around as fast as he could. Briefly I saw him reach for the satchel pulling out some bombs and then throwing them catching them in his twirling blades. Then he spun his body around and using the chains length flung the bombs at me where they exploded midair to cloud my vision. 

          "Fourth Form: Constant Resounding Slashes!" I heard as I was suddenly hit by a bomb dead in my side then a sword to my shoulder. Finally I drew my blade and blocked the remaining on slaught. 

          "More," I said loudly. "Show me more!" 

          "I will!" He shouted throwing out more bombs by the sound on the air and the clink on the ground. "Third Form Modified: Distant Beating Drum!" He shouted and the Swords targeted the bombs I couldn't see. Suddenly there was an earsplitting sound, must've been the bombs. 

          He's driving me back he can see and I can't so I must be close to the edge. Use your sense of hearing and pinpoint him, there! "Sun Breathing, Third Form: Raging Sun!" I used the two slashes to clear the air of smoke, "Sixth Form: Solar Heat Haze," I rushed forward to deliver an attack that was enveloped in a heat-haze, to disguise the length of my blade.