Call Of The Wild. Book ii.

By Maroon1479

Mat is learning everyday what it means to be Alpha. Thinking all her troubles might get solved one step at a... More

part one - i.
part one - ii.
part one - iii.
part one - iv.
part one - v.
part one - vi.
part one - vii.
part one - viii.
part one - ix.
part one - xi.
part one - xii.
part one - xiii.
part one - xiv.
part one - xv.
part one - xvi.
part one - xvii.
part one - xviii.
part one - xix.
part one - xx.
part one - xxi.
part two - xxii.
part two - xxiii.
part two - xxiv.
part two - xxv.
part two - xxvi.
part two - xxvii.
part two - xxviii.
part two - xxix.
part two - xxx.
part two - xxxi.
part two - xxxii.
part two - xxxiii.
part two - xxxiv
part two - xxxv.
part two - xxxvi.
part two - xxxvii.
part two - xxxviii.
part two - xxxix.
part two - xl.
part two - xli.
part two - xlii.
part two - xliii.
part two - xliv.
part two - lv.
part two - xlvi
part two - xlvii
part two - xlviii.
Epilogue.

part one - x.

980 90 10
By Maroon1479

Aeriela

I was helping Will skin some rabbits when his phone when off. I looked down at the phone on the table and a picture of a girl appeared. She had long beautiful blonde hair and smiling happily into the phone. Will picked up the phone and excused himself. I nodded my head before he left.

"Hey Ella." he said as he walked away. "No, I'm not busy. How was your day?"

I sat there for a moment before I continued to finishing helping with tonight dinner. I thought back to earlier when Ulric had kissed me and all this feelings rushed back. I guess my 'crush' on Will was gone but I had already promised to help him do this since he wasn't very good and I was.

Across the camp site a wolf ran over and Mat shifted back into human room. She seemed very angry and pissed. She grabbed Brayden, Ian, Gavin, Elijah, Adan, Will, and Killian. She was quickly talking to them and was telling them something I couldn't really hear.

She then walked away from them and I quickly got up. I wanted to talk to her about Ulric and what happened earlier since I didn't know what to do. "Mat, I wanna tell you something." I said as she came near.

She walked passed me, "Not right now, Aeriela. I'm to busy." she said.

I quickly came beside her, "But it's important. Earlier today while I was at the lake—"

Mat turned to me with a hard cold look on her face, "Not right now, Aeriela! I have things I need to worry about then whatever you have to say." she said. She turned away and I scoffed, my jaw dropping. She went over towards Ulric and grabbed him. I barley heard what they were talking about but I think she was asking him about his doctor at the hospital. I so badly wanted to talk to her about everything with Ulric and Harley.

Mat

I walked into the hospital emergency room. I went over towards the desk where two nurses was and they looked surprised. "Is Doctor Cortez here?" I coldly asked.

A nursed cleared her throat, "I think she might be out today."

I leaned my hands against the counter, "I want you to call and see."

"We can't just do that." the other one said.

I leaned down towards them, "Now look here, I have had a shitty day and you will call to see if she is here."

They looked at each other with concern faces. "Young lady, we need to ask you to leave or we'll be forced to call security." the first one said.

I stared at them for a moment and I closed my eyes as my eyes turned amber and sapphire. I breathed heavily out my nose and held the growl that so badly wanted to escape. I breathed out heavily from my mouth and opened my eyes. I swear—I swear I seen Cortez picture on Shanes phone. I didn't think much about it when she was taking blood from Ulric. I thought she was being serious about wanting to check his blood since she is a doctor. I shouldn't have been so naïve.

I stood up from the desk and cleared my throat, "Sorry for freaking out." I said before leaving the hospital.

Aeriela

Ulric and I was laughing as we raced each other around in the woods. I was beating him back towards the lake and he kept pulling me back. When I would get close to him, I would pull him pack. We jumped over things and felt the wind blowing throw our hairs.

We heard Rascal and Luna somewhere laughing as they ran. Harley had stayed back at the camping site since it was her night to help cook. It was something allot of liked to door, run around in the woods and stretch our legs.

I turned my head around as I ran, "Come on! My legs are shorter than yours and I'm still faster—ah!" I cried out when my foot caught on something and Ulric reached out to grab me but when our hands grabbed each other I sent him falling down with me.

Ulric stared down at me and my face heated up. The laughter of Rascal and Luna voices faded as they continued to run without noticing we stopped. We both lifted our heads to check just in case and they were still running.

"Cost is clear." he said grinning. He kissed me softly on the lips and I brought my hands up around his neck. We kissed for awhile until I felt his mouth move down towards my neck and I brought my fingers up to his soft dark hair.

My head finally cleared up, "Ulric," I said, bring my hands down to his shoulders and I lifted him up. "I can't. . .you're with Harley."

He sighed annoyed as he rolled his eyes, "No we're not. She told Ian we were just to get him off our back but we're actually not. She probably thinks if she keeps calling me her boyfriend maybe I will finally agree to it."

"Why don't you wanna be her boyfriend? She is pretty." I said, frowning since I wished I could just shut up.

"Oh do you want me to be her boyfriend?" he sarcastically asked. I hit him in his chest and he chuckled, "There are allot of pretty girls in the world. But none of them are beautiful like you, you red head little weirdo." he said with a grin forming on his face. He leaned down and pecked my nose, "None of them are unique like you."

He brought his lips down to mine and kissed me again until he rolled off of me and sighed heavily. I turned on my side and propped myself up on my elbow, "What?"

"Just. . .the sky looks pretty tonight." he said, looking up at the sky and changing the subject. I laid back on the ground and looked up at the sky with him. "My mother use to tell me these old stories of the Native. Her grandfather was a Native and her grandmother was a European wolf. She always said—look to the sky when there's trouble. Each time you feel loss or scared, sad and depressed to look up at the sky and remember there is something beyond this world. It's called the universe. It's big and huge, full of suprises. It can be scary but beautiful. It's full of mystery. And the stars are the lights that help guide you." He turned his head to face me so I turned mine to look at him. His hand reached up and plucked my nose, "You're the universe, Aeriela. Full of surprises."

A small smile appeared on my face, "Uncle Ramses told me our family was from a place called Scotland. That the land was full of moutains and brightly green grass in the summers. That's why my hair is so red because allot of the people there had red hair. I don't know if that's true though because he has dark hair. Anyways, when nights when I think of my mother and get upset he told me to look up at the sky where the stars are the souls of our ancestors are. That my mother is up there, watching down on me and knows how much of a strong girl I'm becoming. And anytime I wanna see what my mom looked like I should just look at my reflection in the lake because I look just like her."

"You talk about your Uncle as if he was a different man then what we all know." he said.

I frowned at him for a moment because it was true. I known my uncle as a different man, a kind hearted man. They see a wild murderer but I saw an uncle who loved his niece to death. I grew up believeing my Uncle was the greatest wolf in the world because our kind stuff true to the wolf culture. We refused to change who were are because of humans who were weak and suppose to be food to us. I thought he was the good guy and wolves like Ulric and Mat were the bad ones. Then I met Mat and I saw a whole other person then my uncle. I became interested in the 'modern world' and wanted to leave.

"Not different, just another side of him." I said after being quiet for so long.

He cleared his throat, "Do you wanna go see a movie?"

"A movie?" I questioned. "That thing that is just like TV?"

"Yeah. They're playing this really cool action movie and I been wanting to go see it for awhile. Harley doesn't like those kind of movies and never wanted to go. This is the last day it's out before the theatre stops playing it. So how about it?"

I hesitated for a moment because I wasn't much fan of TV since I found it really strange to see a box talking with people in it. And I lost it when I saw something called 'cartoons' and flung the 'remote' thing at the TV.

"Come on, it'll be fun. You'll like it." he said and I huffed heavily out my nose. A big grin appeared on his face, "There'll be food." he said, making me grin back.

*

We stepped into a very dim room where a bunch of humans were and my head quickly snapped up to Ulric with a cold look as I held the bag of popcorn close to me. He chuckled, "Relax Aeriela, it's gonna be fine." he said as he started to go up a pair of stairs.

I scoffed as I followed up beside him and whispered, "Remember last time you took me a place where there were a bunch of humans?"

"This isn't like that." he said as he went into a row of seats that were folded up. He put the seat down and sat down. He looked up at me before pulling the seat down next to him, "Come on, sit down. Nothing bad gonna happen."

I looked around the humans and none of them were looking at me. They were talking to each other, not paying any attention to the young pups in the room. I slowly sat down on the seat but held my guard up around so no one would try to do anything. I brought the bag of popcorn up and it strongly smelled of butter.

After a few minutes screen across of us show what I thought was the movie but Ulric called them 'trailers'. He told me when the movie actually started and the whole time no human tried to talk to me. Good, humans only cause trouble and I didn't want what happened at the party to happen again.

The movie lasted about almost two hours before it was finished. It wasn't to bad then the last time I watched something. It was pretty cool, allot of car cashing and fighting. I even forgot about the humans around me and focused on the tv show.

I was picking popcorn out of my mouth as we stepped out of the room, "I guess that wasn't so bad." I said. We stepped out of the 'theatre' and I threw the empty popcorn bag, "I will admit, the modern world is scary but they have good food."

He laughed softly as we walked down the street, "I see that. I only got two hand fulls. You kept eating it while watching the movie."

I shrugged, "I couldn't help it. They were strangly addicting."

He opened his mouth to speak but someone yelled at us, "Ulric." we heard. We turned around to see Harley angerily walking over, Luna trying to pull away but Harley was like an angry truck coming our way. When she got in front of him she smacked him across the face and I jerked pretty hard at the sound of her hand making contact with his skin, "Do you like making me look like an idiot?" she asked as Luna pulled her friend away.

Ulric sighed heavily, "Harley, we're not together. Stop acting like we are."

"Then why do you pretend you do want to be with me? One minute I feel like you really care about me and the next you're hurting me." she said. She broke free of Luna hold and held her finger out towards me, "Is she what you want? This feral girl! She's savage!"

My teeth bared as she spoke since I was feeling threatened by her and I growled. She gave me a cold look and unlike the other times she lifted her chin up.

She turned her eyes back to Ulric, "I'm not some crazy girl. I actually have feelings you just can't play with, Ulric!"

She stepped towards him and I got in her way. Back in the wild, this is what we would have to do when someone threatens something that isn't theirs. The girls back in the wild wouldn't stand for this the way I have been dealing with it. Girls like Harley would be finished the second she spoke before she's not only threatening us but she's making a challenge. Never challenge a wild wolf.

Luna grabbed Harley arm, "Harley, lets just go back. It's not worth it—"

Harley pulled her arm back roughly, "You think you're better than me?" she asked me. "Not even a year ago you were running in the woods wild and dirty—"

"Harley!" Ulric coldly said.

She ignored him and continued to say hurtful things, "You use to crawl on your hands and knees before Mat had to train you that normal people don't do that. You can hardly read! You're stupid and a freak." she coldly said. She stepped closer towards me that our noses were only an inch away, "You say you and your uncle were close. Just how close were you two, huh? I hear wild wolves sometimes are into incest and—"

I grabbed her by her hair and tackled her to the ground. I got on top of her and started punching her. She cried out, grabbing my arms and held my arms away but I was stronger than her. Of course I was. When she was getting her pretty nails I learned how to hunt, climb trees, and fight. I may have been the weakest back with Uncle Ramses but I was one of the strongest in the pack.

Ulric grabbed my arms and tried to pull me off her but I pushed him away roughly, "She's challenging me!" I coldly said. I grabbed Harley by her hair and lifted her up. I brought my fist into her stomach and pushed her against the wall.

Luna jumped onto my back, trying to help her friend but I turned around and smacked her across the face. She cried out as she fell to the floor and I turned back to Harley. She grabbed me by my hair and pulled it roughly. I grabbed her hair back, pulling harley that I even ripped a good chunck out. I pulled her to the ground and my nails went across her face.

It was one thing to insult me but to insult my uncle? I knew what she was trying to say and she couldn't be more wrong. That pushed me to the edge that she would say something like that. I lost it, I can admit I did and I didn't know how to stop myself. I grabbed her by her throat as I lifted her up and bared my teeth at her. Her blue eyes widen in fear as my mouth parted a little and I was about to bring my mouth down on her neck before Ulric grabbed me.

He held firmly onto my arms as he lifted me up and I struggle to get out of his hold as he brought my arms behind me. I thrashed around, "Let go of me, Ulric! She insulted not only me but my uncle!"

Lune went over to Harley who was bleeding from her nose and mouth a little.

I cried out, "Let go!" I yelled.

"Aeriela, this isn't the wild!" he yelled. "You need to stop being like a wild animal and behave! Look at her! You almost bit into her neck. You're acting like a beast!"

A heavy growled escaped my throat and I pulled away from him, "Beast?" I questioned as I stepped towards him. "You think I'm wild also now to still? I'll show you wild!" I growled as I got in his face. He didn't bare his teeth back and growl at me like the others would do back in the wild. The guys would never tolerate this from me and would challenge me back but Ulric wasn't wild. He was a pack boy and pack boys were weak and didn't dare to fight me since I was a 'girl' when back in the wild it doesn't matter if your female or male. You're a wolf back there and you're not allowed to back away from a challenge. "You would never last two minutes where I come from." I told him.

He stared at me for a moment before he shook his head, "Aeriela, stop it." he said.

I lifted my chin as I breathed heavily out my mouth, "I don't belong out here." I breathed out before I punched him across the face and he fell to the ground. I turned the other way and ran as fast I could away from him. I crossed blocks and alleys futher and futher away from them all. When I got to the forest, I didn't go in the direction of the where the pack was. I ran a different direction.

Mat

When I got back to my pack, everyone was acting weird. My eyebrows further together as they knew something I didn't and my curiousity was running quickly. They knew something I didn't and I didn't understand why they weren't talking.

I walked over closer towards Killian and he stepped in front of Ulric. Ulric had a black eye and I felt it had to do something with him.

"What happened?" I asked when I stopped in front of Killian.

He breathed heavily out his nose, "Harley and Aeriela got into a fight. Something about Ulric playing with Harley mind and calling Aeriela wild. Aeriela was about to bit into Harley neck until Ulric pulled her off Harley. Harley face is badly beaten. Ulric accidently called her a beast and Aeriela punched him before running away. She hasn't come back and it's been three hours. Some of the guys are out looking for her already." I looked at Ulric who was behind Killian who tried to protect him but my eyes already turned amber and sapphire. Killian put his hands on my waist, "Mat, just calm down. Everything will be—"

I tried to push myself past Ulric and Killian pulled me away. My arm flung out towards him, "You're out! When Aeriela found, you're out leaving! You can go back to Massachusetts or wherever the hell you go! You don't belong to this pack anymore!"

"Mat!" Killian said. He pulled me away and cupped my face in his hands so I would look up to his blue eyes that normally calm me down. "Mat, relax. Ulric didn't do anything."

"Yes he did! He's a little player who is hurting the girls in my pack and I won't allow it anymore! Aeriela would still be here if it wasn't for him!" I yelled angerily.

"Maybe if you hadn't ignored Aeriela, she would have someone to talk to her feelings to." Ulric suddenly spoke. My eyes widen with anger as I looked at him. He brought his hands up to his chest, "She talked to me about her feelings and all you do now is push her away."

I pushed pasted Killian and grabbed Ulric by his throat. I pressed his back against a tree, "You don't know anything, Ulric! You don't know anything about Aeriela or me!"

He brought his hands up to my wrist, "I know she feels alone." he managed to say and made my blood burn more. "She feels like you don't care about her anymore, that's she's a burden on you."

I stared at him for a moment before Killian pushed me away from Ulric and I stepped back a few steps as I stared at him. "That's my cousin!" Killian said, making me look at him. "Mat, you need to relax."

Did Aeriela really feel like that? I know I had yelled at her earlier but I was so angry and stressed. I didn't mean to yell at her but I couldn't control myself. I know lately I haven't been able to spend time with her and maybe I hadn't realized she was feeling alone. It smacked me hard in the face realizing I have been pushing Aeriela away. She was like a small child who needed attention and I turned my back away from her.

I turned to Ulric, "You're still leaving." I coldly said. I went over to Ian, "You talk to your sister and warn her if she does something again I won't be as nice as I am being right now. Understand?" Ian looked at me with begging eyes but he nodded his head.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.3M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
29.1M 921K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...
53.9M 1.3M 70
after a prank gone terribly wrong, hayden jones is sent across country to caldwell academy, a school for the bitchy, the dangerous and the rebellious...
7.4M 422K 56
''You remind me of the ocean..'' ''Is it because I'm deep and mysterious?'' he asks. ''No, because you're salty and scare the shit out of people'' ©2...