Legolas x OC

By PublishedIndependent

A young girl mysteriously entered the world of Middle Earth. There, she encounters the dragon, Smaug, Orcs, w... More

Meeting The Prince
I Remember Now
Attack Of The Orcs
Hunt For The Orcs
Laketown
Take Me With You
Gundabad
Battle Of The Five Armies
12 Years Later
Bilbo's Party
Is It Secret? Is It Safe?
The Prancing Pony
The Road To Rivendell
The Fellowship
The Mines Of Moria
Mines Of Moria Part 2
Lady Galadriel
Broken
Saving Pippin And Merry
Help Arrived
Heading To Rohan
Rohan
Travel To Helms Deep
Onwards
Ambush
Helms Deep
Aragorn Returns
Prepare For Battle
Reinforcements
Uruk-hai VS Helms Deep
Uruk-hai VS Helms Deep Part 2
Gandalf And Rohirrim
Battle Won
Seeing The Hobbits Again
The Palantír
Gondor Calls For Aid
Dimholt Mountain
The Way Is Shut
Army Of The Dead
Minas Tirith
The Black Gate
For Frodo
Battle For Middle Earth Is Won
Epilogue

The Tenth Companion

660 12 1
By PublishedIndependent

Elrond and Gandalf watch as Frodo awakens and saw his friends in Rivendell. "His strength returns." Elrond replies. Desert has walked into the room to join the wizard and Elf. "That wound will never fully heal. He will carry it the rest of his life." Gandalf responds. Elrond acknowledges her presence, "And yet to have come so far, still bearing the Ring, the hobbit has shown extraordinary resilience to its evil."

"It is a burden he should never have had to bear. We can ask no more of Frodo." Gandalf turns to Lord Elrond with a silent plea. Desert crosses her arms, staring out the deck to the Rivendell Gate.

"Gandalf, the enemy is moving. Sauron's forces are amassing in the east-- his eye is fixed on Rivendell. And Saruman you tell me has betrayed us. Our list of allies grows thin."

"His treachery runs deeper than you know. By foul craft Saruman has crossed orcs with goblin-men; he's breeding an army in the caverns of Isengard. An army that can move in sunlight and cover great distances at speed. Saruman is coming for the Ring."

Elrond shakes his head, "This evil cannot be concealed by the power of the Elves. We do not have the strength to fight both Mordor and Isengard!" Gandalf moves away, deep in thought.

"Gandalf, the Ring cannot stay here." Elrond frowns at the wizard. Desert and Gandalf see Boromir, Legolas, and Gimli arrive at Rivendell. "Mellon nin..." Desert whispers incoherently, staring at the blonde elf as Elrond continues.

"This peril belongs to all middle earth. They must decide now how to end it. The time of the Elves is over-- my people are leaving these shores. Who will you look to when we've gone? The Dwarves? They hide in their mountains seeking riches-- they care nothing for the troubles of others."

"It is in Men that we must place our hope." Gandalf mentions, turning back to Elrond.

"Men? Men are weak. The race of men is failing. The blood of Numenor is all but spent. It's pride and dignity forgotten. It is because of men the Ring survives. I was there Gandalf. I was there three thousand years ago... Isildur took the Ring. I was there the day the strength of men failed. I led Isildur into the heart of Mount Doom, where the Ring was forged, the one place it could be destroyed. It should've ended that day, but evil was allowed to endure."

Elrond sighs, "Isildur kept the Ring. The line of kings is broken. There is no strength left in the world of men. They're scattered, divided, leaderless."

"There is one who could unite them, one who could reclaim the throne of Gondor."

"He turned from that path a long time ago. He has chosen exile." Elrond grumbled before turning to Desert, "Willow Maid," The young woman turns to him, "Prepare yourself for tomorrow. These Men would not appreciate seeing you for the meeting."

"But-"

"He will recognize you. I am sure of that." Elrond reassures her, "Wait to speak to Legolas in the morning."

"Yes, Lord Elrond." Desert walks out of the room into her own, only to see Arwen sitting on her bed, "You seem excited." Desert chuckles at her statement, "Can you help get me ready for tomorrow's meeting?"

Arwen nods her head, "Of course."

The following morning, at the Council of Elrond, Gandalf, Desert, and Frodo along with a congregation of Men, Elves, and Dwarves sit in a semi-circle around a stone pedestal. The Dwarves and Elves have been giving each other nasty looks as they walked by. The Men glared and whispered to each other, wondering why a woman was in the council meeting.

Elrond notices the tension and stands up to begin the meeting, "Strangers from distant lands, friends of old. You have been summoned here to answer the threat of Mordor. Middle-Earth stands upon the brink of destruction. None can escape it. You will unite, or you will fall. Each race is bound to this fate-- this one doom." He gestures to the pedestal, "Bring forth the Ring, Frodo."

Frodo rises and lays the Ring on the pedestal and returns to his seat next to Desert and Gandalf. People start whispering. Desert examines their faces and notices Legolas staring at the ring, then at the Men.

Boromir rubs his chin, "So it is true..."

A Man from Laketown whispers, "The Doom of Men."

Boromir shakes his head, "It is a gift." The whispering dies down as Boromir stands up, "A gift to the foes of Mordor. Why not use this Ring?" He paces around, "Long has my father, the Steward of Gondor, kept the forces of Mordor at bay. By the blood of our people are your lands kept safe! Give Gondor the weapon of the enemy. Let us use it against him!"

"You cannot wield it! None of us can." Aragorn calls out, making Boromir turn to him, "The One Ring answers to Sauron alone. It has no other master." Boromir glares at Aragorn, "And what would a ranger know of this matter?"

Legolas stands suddenly, "This is no mere ranger. He is Aragorn, son of Arathorn. You owe him your allegiance." Desert watches as Boromir glares at the Prince, then faces Aragorn, "Aragorn? This... is Isildur's heir?"

"And heir to the throne of Gondor." Legolas spoke. Frodo looks wide-eyed at Aragorn. Desert snaps her head to Legolas, "Havo dad, Legolas." She spoke. The Prince stares at her in shock but complies.

Gandalf slowly moves his staff and whacks her leg to keep her quiet. Desert flinches slightly and adverts her eyes to see Gandalf giving her a look. Legolas, however, studies the woman sitting there. Confusion wrote on his face on how she knew his name.

"Gondor has no king. Gondor needs no king." Boromir returns to his seat. Gandalf nods his head, "Aragorn is right. We cannot use it."

Elrond gazes at everyone, "You have only one choice. The Ring must be destroyed."

Gimli stands up, "What are we waiting for?" He grabs an axe and approaches the pedestal, "ARGH!!!!" Gimli strikes the Ring with full force but is repelled back, throwing him to the ground. Concurrently, Frodo sees the Eye of Sauron in his mind and winces in pain. The Ring remains intact, with the shards of the axe all around it. Whispers in the black tongue issue forth from the Ring.

Elrond frowns as Gimli stands back up, "The Ring cannot be destroyed, Gimli, son of Gloin by any craft that we here possess. The Ring was made in the fires of Mount Doom. Only there can it be unmade. It must be taken deep into Mordor and cast back into the fiery chasm from whence it came."

Legolas turns his head to Gimli, seeming to realize something. The Elf turns his eyes to the woman to see her faintly nod to him. "Willow..." He mouths. The woman gives him a small smile.

"One of you must do this." Elrond gazes at everyone. Dead silence falls from the council.

Boromir rubs the bridge of his nose, "One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its black gates are guarded by more than just orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep. And the great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland. Riddled with fire and ash and dust. The very air you breathe is a poisonous fume. Not with ten thousand men could you do this. It is folly!"

Legolas stands indignantly, "Have you heard nothing Lord Elrond has said? The Ring must be destroyed!" Gimli leaps to his feet, "And I suppose you think you're the one to do it?!" Boromir rises, "And if we fail, what then?! What happens when Sauron takes back what is his?!"

Gimli glares at Legolas, "I will be dead before I see the Ring in the hands of an elf!" Commotion starts as arguments erupt among the council members, "Never trust an elf!" Gimli shouts. Legolas holds his Elves back. Gandalf stands up, "Do you not understand that while we bicker amongst ourselves, Sauron's power grows?! None can escape it!"

Frodo and Desert remain seated, the hobbit watching the Ring uneasily, the angry figures of the council reflected on its surface. Suddenly, flames flare up, engulfing the surface of the Ring. The intensity of the arguments increases. Slowly, determination dawns on Frodo's face. He stands and takes a few steps toward the arguing council, trying to make his voice heard above the din.

"I will take it! I will take it!" Frodo calls out. Desert stands behind him, "SHUT UP! ALL OF YOU!" She yells. The argument dies down. Gandalf closes his eyes as he hears Frodo's statement. The members of the council slowly turn towards Frodo and Desert, astonished.

"I will take the Ring to Mordor. Though-- I do not know the way." Frodo says as Desert rests her hand on Frodo's back. Gandalf walks towards Frodo, "I will help you bear this burden, Frodo Baggins, so long as it is yours to bear." He places his hands reassuringly on Frodo's shoulders.

Aragorn rises from his seat, "If by my life or death, I can protect you, I will." He approaches Frodo and kneels before him, "You have my sword." Legolas walks to join them, "And you have my bow." He stands next to Desert, knowing now she has returned.

"And my axe!" Gimli looks grimly at Legolas as he joins the group.

Boromir walks over to them, "You carry the fates of us all little one. If this is indeed the will of the council, then Gondor will see it done." Desert turns her attention to Frodo, "You have my knowledge, Frodo Baggins. I know what is to come, for I will be your guide." Boromir frowns at her, "This quest is dangerous. A woman will get in the way. You should stay here."

Desert shook her head, "I was there in the time of the dragon and the Battle of the Five Armies. Do not tell me I'm not going just because I don't have something dangling between my legs." Legolas and Aragon coughed, trying not to laugh as Elrond stared in surprise. Boromir blinks at the woman, shocked.

Desert feels Gandalf whack her leg with his staff.

"Heh!" Sam jumps from behind the bushes and joins them, "Mr. Frodo is not goin' anywhere without me!" Elrond is amused, "No indeed, it is hardly possible to separate you even when he is summoned to a secret council, and you are not." Frodo gazes at Sam with a grin.

Pippin and Merry emerge from behind the pillars to join them, "Wait! We are coming too!" Elrond stares in disbelief.

"You'd have to send us home tied up in a sack to stop us!" Merry crosses his arms. Pippin nods his head, "Any way you need people of intelligence on this sort of mission, quest... thing." Desert chuckles lightly.

"Well, that rules you out Pip." Merry mutters. Elrond stares at them, "Ten companions... So be it! You shall be the Fellowship of the Ring!"

Pippin looks at everyone, "Great! Where are we going?" Elrond frowns at the hobbit. Desert clears her throat, "I will explain everything to him, Lord Elrond."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Later that night, Desert walked through the garden and sat next to the waterfall. She had finished explaining to Pippin about the quest. Closing her eyes, she listened to hear boots making their way to her. A smile grazes her lips as the Elf Prince rests his hands on her shoulders, "Nin hen..." He whispered. Willow Maid opens her eyes to see the icy blue irises that she missed.

"Legolas, mellon nin..." She whispered. The Elven Prince sits next to her, "You have grown," He brushes a strand of hair behind her ear, "I am happy to see you."

"And I, you."

"Why do you want to come on this quest? You know it's dangerous." Legolas frowns, making her turn her head, "I know what is and is to come on this quest," She brings her eyes back to him, "I know it's dangerous, but don't forget, Legolas. I was there sixty years ago at the time of the dragon and the battle of the Five Armies."

Legolas gazes at the water, "I have no choice, do I?"

Willow Maid giggles, "No. No you don't."

(Sit down, Legolas)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

291K 8K 36
Farren and her brother Aragorn have wandered Middle Earth for the best part of a century, however with the discovery of the One Ring Farren is thrown...
107K 3.9K 44
❝There's some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for.❞ - Samwise Gamgee After Erebor was reclaimed Athena reu...
63K 1.6K 31
Sequel to my book 'Child of Sky'. (Though if you don't care about the back story, this can be read separately.) Therith is getting caught up in anoth...
11.4K 500 16
in which the witch of the wilds has spent her whole life avoiding the prophecised true king of gondor until he shows up on her doorstep with four hob...