AURORA

By peacybeau

I was always the odd one out, from my appearance to the bad luck always surrounding me and I never did compla... More

Author's Note
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
Not Happy
57
58
59

56

4.5K 181 18
By peacybeau

AURORA'S POV

I was enjoying a quiet stroll when Cora suddenly perked up

We've got company, assassins to be precise

I rolled my eyes, took them long huh, well it's a good thing I'm always on disguise and my scent masked.

I had on a blonde wig, hazel contact lens,  round glasses, a cute backpack and in my hands shopping bags. I looked like a normal teenager coming from the mall.

Casually looking round I noticed two assassins on getting closer I tuned into their conversation with a lady.

"Ma'am have you seen any of these kids around? They've been kidnapped and the police has no lead yet"

The woman shook her head sadly, "no I haven't, how in the world where they taken?" He shook his head in pretend anguish, "we believe it to be a kidnaper disguised as an Uber driver that took them on their way from their camping trip"

I didn't need to see the picture to know it was for us. I only hope mine was a good shot

Cora rolled her eyes, seriously you're worried the picture will be ugly?

Duh, of course.

Walking by I texted Neil about the assassins reminding them to stay indoors.

I wasn't really worried cause I already casted a spell that would hide their scents

I had just clicked on the send icon when one of them stepped before me, my nose scrunching up in disgust.

"Excuse me Miss, did you happen to see anyone of these kids around, they've been missing?"

I took the picture from him, looking at it closely.

This is a very bad angle, you look weird, Cora laughed

Now you see why I was worried, I grumbled.

Looking back at the assassin I frowned, pitching my voice I replied "no Sir I haven't"

He nodded and proceeded to move on to the next person. I kept my eyes forward noting that there were a total of eleven assassins around the block.

This is a full on search, you think  they've gone to the hotel yet. Cora asked

I shrugged, it's possible they did but they would've only spoken to the manager or receptionist.

Good thing Liam was the one who paid for the rooms then.

Yeah, had they been the ones, someone would have easily recognized them from that.

"Yes I know her, she was my classmate before she moved away. Poor Aurora, when was she taken"

My eyes widen in shock and recognition, that was definitely the voice of my previous classmate and looking to my right I confirmed it.

Good thing they already know we schooled here Cora sighed in relieve.

I nodded my head continuing my slow paced stroll, when my nose twitched and a  frown came up.

What the hell is he doing here?. Cora grumbled irritated

No sooner had Cora said it when Maxwell  rounded a corner and heading towards my direction. Seeing him reminded me of what Liam had said about him killing his parents.

Cora growled, the intense urge I have to kill this bastard is unparalleled.

Same here girl. Fucking same.

Schooling my expression and controlling my emotions, I walked past him but he stopped me with an outstretched hand.

"What's a pretty girl like you doing all alone?" He asked with a sleazy smile.

I gritted my teeth but smiled "I'm just heading home sir". He nodded licking his lips, "need some company, I don't want you getting lost or something"

Cora growled,  let's agree, lure him out somewhere and kill him

I shook my head, "it's fine Sir, I'm meeting up with my father up ahead but thanks for the offer"

"You sure about that sweetheart, I don't mind helping out" he persisted

Pulling my hand out I forced out a smile "yes I am" and I walked away in rage

The filthy pig is gonna lose his hands first when I'm ready for him.

~~~~~~~~~~

"They've got our pictures out there?" Mary exclaimed in shock. I nodded my head gently dropping the bags I had earlier bought.

Dave began pacing "damn what do we do, we can't stay coped here, what if they come knocking?"

Pointing to the bags I dropped on the bed I smiled, "well that is why I got these". Kate peeped into them checking the contents, when she was done she smiled widely.

Motioning to the bags she winked at Dave and Mary, "it's finally time to play dress up".

But the pair seemed confused not understanding her point

Neil getting the drift looked quickly into the bags "sweet, I've always wanted to try a new look. I'm going for ginger colored hair"

Mary's eyes widened comically, "we're gonna use disguise now?" I nodded in response.

And they screamed, Dave Mary and Kassandra rushed to the bags screaming like banshees.

Cora winced, is it too late for me change to my mind about ripping their vocal cords

I signed in response covering my ears, it's too late girl

Emptying the bags, they pulled out hair dyes of various colors, straighteners, shampoo, conditioners, creams and other hair products.

Kassandra frowned "how were you able to afford this? I feel like we're making you spend a lot"

Neil nodded in agreement "how much did it cost, we can split it among ourselves to pay you back"

Cora chuckled, guess you never did mention how rich you are huh?

We girl. How rich we are and what better time than now.

Laughing I waved them off "it's fine I've got the money anyways".

"How have you got the money?" Dave asked confused

Shrugging I sat in the bed, "remember my adopted parents have been alive for over two centuries, so imagine the amount of wealth they accumulated"

Their jaw dropped

"Well they did get me a jaguar and they left all their properties in my name prior to their death, so....."

"So you're basically very very rich" Dave asked in shock. I nodded.

Kassandra shook her head, "damn girl you just keep surprising us"

"That's cause its fun watching your reactions" I wiggled my brows

They all laughed

Neil sat across me, "what's the plan for the assassins around, even with a new appearance they can still smell us. What do we do?"

"Don't stress much about that I've got a plan but that's gonna be for when you guys are done"

"So can we get to work already?" Mary huffed hands on her waist.

Dave clapped "quick quack ducklings, let's get this makeover started"

They nodded and got to work excitedly

Cora chuckled, and the whirlwind of change began, well for them at least.

I nodded my head in agreement but sighed, I just hope they're ready what's to come next. I don't want them regretting this.

You still skeptical about them helping?

Not skeptical but worried and scared. In as much as I didn't want to associate with them at first, they've grown on me

Remember when you were rude to them

I smiled, yeah, we've come a long way.

We have and nothing's gonna happen to them, definitely not on our watch. Cora growled.

~~~~~~~~~~
My eyes widened and my mouth fell open

Cora gasped, holy shit. That's them right, that's our friends, our loud ass squealing friends.

I nodded dumbly as they stood before me

"You guys look different. I know that's the reason for this but like what the actual hell. This is so not expected"

Dave bowed dramatically, "I see you've been dazzled"

I nodded dumbly again. They went all out and it was just so awesome.

Kate had cut her hair short and dyed it purple with pink bangs, she had on fake nose rings and green contact lens.

Mary and Kassandra went for the cute girl look, with blonde hair and silver highlights, blue contact lenses and cute pink glasses.

Neil definitely rocked the ginger colored hair. Like Kate he had his hair cut and some piercings and same green lens. They could easily pass off as siblings

And lastly Dave. His hair was silver color he had on glasses, a nose ring and hazel contact lens. He looked like a very hot nerd.

Kassandra giggled at my dumbstruck look, "I think we really surprised her and now she's broken"

Kate shrugged with a smile on her face, brushing through her short hair "of course we did. Wait till Liam and Mark see this. They're gonna be soooo shocked"

I sat still for a moment before the ringing of my phone jolted me seeing it was the realtor I contacted, I smiled giving them a signal to be quiet.

After the call I turned to my friends, "now who's ready to go see our new house"

They gaped at me in shock.

Mary shook her head, "what do you mean new house?".

"I mean a new house, you know, a place to live in" I answered.

"But why do you need to get a new house, why can't we stay here. Also do you know how expensive a new house is?" Dave screamed

Smiling I flopped on the bed, "if we stay here too long, it's gonna be suspicious especially with the search for six teenagers, so we need to move".

Kate sat beside me "plus a new house means for space for training, planning and also meeting"

I nodded, "exactly, see why we need a new house".

They nodded in understanding.

"So when do we leave?" Kassandra asked.

"Can we please sneak out, you know, we'll act like we don't have a new look. Please" Mary and Dave begged, their hands clasped together with puppy looks.

I chuckled at them, "we will"

They cheered loudly. Kate and Neil shaking their heads over their mates antics.

"When I give leave the room to check out, you're to sneak out through the back door. Then get to the car park I'll be waiting for you in a blue car."

With a time to meet up, they went to their rooms and got packing.

Taking my back pack I walked to the receptionist and placed our keys.

I got into the car, a blue family car. Leaving the doors unlocked, I started up the engine, when my friends walked towards the car pack like models on a runway

Cora laughed, is it me or are they walking slowly

I squinted at them laughing, it's almost like they're doing the slow motion walk.

When they finally got close I honked. And they rushed got in.

When they settled I turned to them "so who was the show for?"

We all burst out laughing and I drove off.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 206 24
"You can't tell anyone." His words hit me hard, but I was ready for them. I grimaced slightly, but did my best to hide it as I squeezed my arms in re...
2.2M 61.9K 42
"I need to talk to you Elly" "Why?!" "I know that you're my mate" I laughed sarcastically. "What?! Are you trying to make fun of me again like you di...
4.5M 133K 46
(COMPLETED) * "Look, Mavis, you're a beautiful girl with lots of potential and I'm so sorry about this but I reject you, Mavis Anders, as my mate...
2.2M 54.1K 66
The day I turned 18 was supposed to be the happiest day of my life. The beginning of my future with my mate but it all turned to hell when I was reje...