ROSES & THORNS

By Aura_Swan

Isabelle Rose Edward is your charming, beautiful and kind yet clever, witty and confident 23-year-old English... More

- S Y NO P S I S -
a e s t h e t i c s
- 1 -
- 2 -
- 3 -
- 4 -
- 5 -
- 6 -
- 7 -
- 8 -
- 9 -
- 1 0 -
- 1 1 -
- 1 2 -
- 1 3 -
- 1 4 -
- 1 5 -
- 1 6 -
- 1 7 -
- 1 8 -
- 1 9 -
- 2 0 -
- 2 1 -
- 2 2-
- 2 3 -
- 2 4 -
- 2 5 -
- 2 6 -
- 2 7 -
- 2 8 -
- 2 9 -
- 3 0 -
- 3 1 -
- 3 3 -
- 3 4 -
- 3 5 -
- 3 6 -
- 3 7 -
- 3 8 -
- 3 9 -
- 4 0 -
- 4 1 -
- 4 2 -
- 4 3 -
- 4 4 -
- 4 5 -
- 4 6 -
- 4 7 -
- 4 8 -
- 4 9 -
- 5 0 -
- 5 1 -
- 5 2 -
- 5 3 -
- 5 4 -
- 5 5 -
- 5 5 -
- 5 6 -
- 5 7 -
- 5 8 -
- 5 9 -
- 6 1 -
- 6 2 -
- 6 3 -
- 6 4 -
- 6 5 -
- 6 6 -
- 6 7 -
- 6 8 -
- 6 9 -
- 7 0 -
- 7 1 -
- 7 2 -
- 7 3 -
- 7 4 -
- 7 5 -
- 7 6 -
- 7 7 -
- 7 8 -
- 7 9 -
- 8 0 -
- 8 1 -
- 8 2 -
- 8 3 -
- 8 4 -
- 8 5 -
- 8 6 -
- 8 7 -
- 8 8 -
- 8 9 -

- 6 0 -

1.4K 32 2
By Aura_Swan

I turned around and gave him my most dazzling smile.

I hope my smile works.

"Mr. Thorne." I said while he glared at me, but his face did soften for a moment.

It worked!

"Darling." He said and my smile dropped making him smirk.

Idiot.

"You thought I'd let you go so easily sweetheart? You're mistaken. We go home together, so you can't escape me." He said smugly and people who heard him gasped. That would be everyone.

He did this on purpose.

Asshole.

I sighed and looked him square in the eye.

"Okay fine, I'm sorry. But what do you want now?" I said and he sat down beside me.

"Lunch." He said and gestured to his assistant who hurried and grabbed a plate and brought him some snacks.

Seriously?

"Eat." He gestured to his plate and I picked up a sandwich and took a bite, flavor bursting in my mouth.

"Mmm. This is really good." I said and Adam smiled at me softly.

"Want some?" I held out the sandwich to him and he leaned forward and took a bite from my hand.

"Good." He said after a while and I beamed at him, feeding him the rest of the sandwich while everyone watched us dumbstruck.

I looked at the people with me and realized we weren't alone.

Oops.

"Oh uh.. Adam, these are the people I was with yesterday as well. That's Emma, Ayla, Jose, Dave and finally Liam." I introduced each one of them and Adam gave them a nod.

"And you guys already know Adam, he's my..." I looked at Adam who raised an eyebrow while smirking and pulled me closer to him and kissed my temple.

"Boyfriend, my love." He said and I gave him a shy smile and then at my new friends.

My love?

"Yup." I said, popping the 'p' and eating some fries out of Adam's plate and giving him one or two every now and then.

"Did Lance and the others leave?" Adam asked me and I nodded.

"Yeah they had a meeting. Speaking of, I have the interview today so my driver will drop me there and hopefully I'll see you at home, yeah?" I asked him but he shook his head.

"I'm taking you, we'll go home together." He said and I nodded slowly.

"Okay. What about work?" I asked him.

"It's taken care of, don't worry love." He assured me and I smiled at him, taking a sip of the apple juice.

"Why are you guys frozen?" I asked them and they shook their heads and continued eating their lunch with their heads low.

Weird. Did I do something?

"You have an interview?" Emma asked me carefully while eyeing Adam who was now typing on his phone while I fed him lunch.

"Yeah, it's mostly about my boutique and work." I said and turned to Adam.

"Speaking of, did you read the questions? I sent them to you last night." I asked him and he looked up at me and nodded.

"I did. They're okay. But I don't trust them, so don't answer anything you don't feel comfortable about. I'll be with you anyway." He said and I nodded.

That's actually reassuring.

"Alright then." I said glancing at my watch.

"Well I have to get ready for the interview and we don't have much time so.." I looked at Adam who got up suddenly.

"Let's go." He said and grabbed my hand.

"Wait, Adam." I glared at him and he frowned when I turned back.

"Thanks so much for letting me sit here guys, I'll see you another day hopefully." I said and the all got up and hugged me goodbye.

"When are you coming back?" Liam asked me and I shrugged.

"I don't know. Next week maybe?" I said and he nodded.

"Okay we'll see you then. Take care." He said and I smiled at him.

"You too. Bye guys." I waved at them and joined Adam who took my hand and led us outside.

As we drove through the city, I noticed we weren't going towards the penthouse or the studio.

"Wait. Where are we going?" I asked him.

"You boutique. You have to change remember?" He said and I frowned.

"Yeah but I was thinking of wearing something else." I said.

"Wear something you designed. It'll leave a better impression." He said and I nodded.

"Okay." I said and sat back in my seat and closed my eyes, knowing it would take us a while to reach.

"Sweetheart?" I heard a whisper and a gentle touch on my cheek, making me groan in annoyance.

"Five more minutes, please?" I whined, not opening my eyes and heard a deep chuckle and then a soft, lingering kiss was placed onto my lips.

"We don't have much have time or I'd let you sleep some more. Come on." He said and I groaned, opening my eyes and sitting up.

I noticed I slept on Adam's shoulder because I remember putting my head against the window sometime but then nothing after that.

He helped me out of the car and we walked inside while I yawned like the graceful person I am.

"Tired?" He asked me chuckling and I nodded.

"Very. I can't wait to sleep in your soft and plushy bed." I fantasized and Adam chuckled.

"But you don't want to sleep with me?" He asked innocently and I shrugged.

"It's the bed I want. You're just an accessory and bonus with it sweetheart." I said and left him dazed behind me as I searched through the shelves.

"Rude." He said, catching up to me.

"So what are we looking for?" He asked me.

"Anything interview worthy. What do you think?" I asked him and he looked around before his eyes landed on a black dress. He went ahead and pulled it out and nodded to himself before showing it to me.

"This one." He said and I looked at the dress.

It was perfect.

"Perfect." I said, taking the dress from him and going up to my office.

I took out some matching jewelry with it and make up from one of the drawers and took a shower in the bathroom while Adam did his work on my laptop.

Showers are so refreshing, am I right?

That's how I felt when I came out in my robe and saw Adam sitting on the couch with his coat jacket thrown off and the sleeves of his dress shirt rolled up to his elbows, displaying his arms to me.

Now that's a sight for sore eyes.

The first two buttons of his shirt were open and his tie was lying on his coat. I slowly made my way over to him and sat on his lap.

He stirred awake and smiled before straightening up and adjusting himself a bit, wrapping his arms around me.

I ran my hand through his messy hair in an attempt to fix it and gently stroked his cheek and traced his jawline while he sighed deeply and closed his eyes.

"You don't look well. Did you not sleep last night?" I asked him and he shook his head.

"I woke up somewhere in the middle of the night and couldn't sleep after that. I think I slept a while before we woke up." He said and I nodded, placing a small kiss on his cheek.

"You should go home. Get some sleep?" I asked him but he shook his head.

"No, it's fine. We'll go together." He said and I sighed.

I don't think he'll listen, so there isn't really any point in arguing.

"Let me get ready then, yeah?" I said and he nodded as I got up from his lap and kissed his forehead before taking my makeup to the vanity.

I only applied some eyeliner and red lipstick including a little highlighter, but nothing else. I wasn't a big fan of makeup anyway and decided to leave my hair open in their natural state.

Quickly grabbing my clothes, I slipped them on with the black heels and bag I matched and twisted around to have a better look at myself in the mirror.

It had taken nearly thirty minutes for me to do everything and I carefully woke Adam up, who wouldn't budge at all.

"Adam? I'll let you kiss me as much as you want if you wake up." I said and his eyes shot open and he sat up.

"Really?" He asked me and I laughed.

"Gosh you're so easy to convince." I said smugly and pulled his hand so he would get up. He reluctantly did so and looked me up and down and grinned.

"You look so beautiful." He said pulling me close and I laughed, pecking his lips.

"Thank you. And as much as I'd like to kiss you know, I can't smear lipstick on you, now can I?" I said and he sighed.

"Fine. But you will later." He said and I nodded.

"Definitely. Later." I promised him and we both walked out hand in hand to the car where his driver was waiting.

Adam gave him the address and in the next ten minutes, we were standing outside the studio building.

"Ready?" Adam asked me squeezing my hand and I smiled, my nerves getting the best of me.

"Not really. But what the hell." I said and he smiled as we made our way inside and were immediately greeted by everyone.

"Look who finally made it, the cold CEO and his oh-so sunny girl." I heard someone's voice and froze.

Adam tensed beside me too and when we turned around, I felt my blood getting colder by the second.

What the hell is happening?!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

753K 25.6K 37
Bianca Mendoza is a 21 year old black girl who is independent, stubborn, and out of the party life she never dated and she's not planning to. Adria...
79.9K 1.9K 80
You & I are one big It's complicated Leon King a young CEO and also the hottest bachelor in NYC. Girls throw themselves at him some just to be in...
4.9K 258 18
Nora Juniper Harlow has just gotten her heartbroken by the two most important people in her life. So in a quest to start over, she moves in with her...
2.8M 76.6K 42
𝐁𝐨𝐬𝐬/𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐨𝐲𝐞𝐞, 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐀𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐞 𝐙𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐚 𝐌𝐚𝐧𝐚𝐠𝐨𝐥𝐝. A 24 years old hard working secretary that alway...