Becoming an Oni in this land...

By RireiHasu

It's a story about a young lady in a mafia waking up to find out she turned into an Oni of a certain popular... More

Chapter 1: Prologue
Chapter 2: Forest
Chapter 3
Chapter 4: The Eccentric Magician
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10: CoLA 1
Chapter 11
Chapter 12: Meeting The Goddess
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73 (R18)
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92 (End)

Chapter 44

411 21 6
By RireiHasu

The fight is very intense, and it seemed like the fight would never end.

Marisa and the Oni are very tough. The Oni shrug off Marisa's attacks, and Marisa just s the Oni's attacks.

It seemed like a never-ending wave of bullets that kept swerving at each other until the Oni got bigger, which made Marisa smile.

Since she is a bigger target than her small form, the Oni think she messed up when Marisa grabbed her mini-Hakkero that is shining brightly.

The entire surroundings have been blinded by its light, as a roar accompanies a large beam of dazzling laser.

Ibaraki and Shuten are on opposite sides of the battle. Shuten is holding back Ibaraki.

"See! There's no need to worry, Marisa defeated her"

Shuten is calming Ibaraki down. Making Ibaraki wearing an expression of 'What the f**k are you saying' towards Shuten.

Shuten looks at the ground and sees a giant metal cylinder.

"Ahh... wow... I mean... it's not me..."

Ibaraki said while trying to lie, but her expression seemed a bit uncomfortable, so she sighed and tell the truth.

"This is only for emergencies. If Marisa is going to get hurt, I will make sure to pay them back ten times as much pain"

"Of course, I will do the same if you were in danger"

Her remarks make Shuten's heart warms up.

"Fine, but you should hide that cannon"

Ibaraki opened her palms and the cannon became embers that gathered on her hand. The embers became an ordinary-looking fire, and she closed her palms to make the fire go out.

"Well, I guess let's meet our kin"

Ibaraki excitedly exclaimed, but then she grabbed Shutens hands after seeing Yukari with them.

"Um... Stella, let's go home, I'm not feeling well for today"

Ibaraki whispered to Stella, who got confused by the sudden change.

Ibaraki's expression suddenly became ghastly as Yukari perked up as she looked in their direction.

She runs faster than a leaf hitting the ground, and Yukari smiles, making the unknown Oni think she is crazy.

Yukari suddenly opens a portal and grabs something inside of it.

"Unhand me! Shuten help me!!"

She effortlessly caught Ibaraki who is running away and she restrained her with a single hand.

"Ugh! Why are you so strong despite looking so delicate?!"

Ibaraki dejectedly let herself hang midair as Yukari grabs the neck of her innerwear.

"Ohh! I've been watching you and your friend for days now and I'm sure I haven't seen you two before."

The Oni said wonderingly, as she can't recognize them despite being kin.

Ibaraki looked at the short Oni and said truthfully.

"Well, we were supposed to be already dead years ago, but a god decided to revive us, quite odd if I say so myself"

Ibaraki said offhandedly while trying her best to get away from Yukari.

"That's quite a powerful one if they could revive someone dead"

The Oni absentmindedly said while looking at Yukari and Ibaraki staring at each other, it reminded her of a snake and a mantis having a staring showdown.

Until a colorful smoke came toward their position and made them move away as Yukari let go of Ibaraki.

Ibaraki then burst into flames, making the cloud disappears when it nears her.

The ground near Ibaraki could be seen glowing as she slowly walks away from the poisonous cloud.

"Thanks! But Poisons are dangerous, especially since they last very long in the air"

Suddenly, the poison seemed to move towards the gourd on Shuten's hand, making the foggy area clear once again.

"Don't worry, I already have it covered"

Seeing that, Ibaraki sighs... and leans on Shuten, making her surprised by Ibaraki's action she wanted to ask what was wrong but she felt Ibaraki seemed to shake.

"Sorry, I felt scared seeing poison... I don't know why...."

Shuten stayed silent as she hugs Ibaraki tightly.

"Shuten! Is Ibaraki okay?!"

Marisa shouted as she tried to run towards them as her heartfelt stuffy seeing Ibaraki looked so vulnerable.

"It's fine, it's just I've just realized that I have a problem that must be sought attention"

Ibaraki said, while trying to compose herself, Shuten suddenly remember an unpleasant memory that made Ibaraki traumatized by colorful smoke.

She is ashamed of herself for not remembering it and making Ibaraki suffer from her trauma.

"It's my fault..."

Shuten said this sadly and took the blame herself.

"No, It's a good thing that I know that I have a trauma regarding that it made me feel more alive"

Ibaraki said while thinking about the times when she doesn't fear anything because of her ability, now she knows she will die. She has to think smart and be careful with her every action.

"Anyway... Congrats Marisa, defeating a strong Youkai is very impressive for a human magician no less"

Ibaraki praised Marisa as an attempt to shift the topic.

"Of course! I didn't slack at all in training, I needed to defeat Reimu after all"

Marisa said seriously as she remembered the gap between her and Reimu is still expanding despite Reimu seriously slacking around.

"I see..." 'I wish you luck because defeating a protagonist is very hard unless... wait, you are the second protagonist I forgot.'

"Well, I am sure you will defeat her!"

Ibaraki said cheerfully, making Marisa's mood rise.

"Ahem"

The three looked at the person who interrupt their moment and see the mysterious Oni and Yukari seemingly waiting for them to finish their conversation.

"Yo! I forgot to introduce myself, my name is Suika Ibuki, and I wanted us fellow Oni's to drink and enjoy the flower viewing"

Suika said while holding a gourd.

"Indeed this is the first time we've met our kind since we've been revived, I will accept your invitation"

Shuten said while sounding like a noble of some sort, making Ibaraki irked she pinched Shuten on the sides, making the latter feel pain and she looked at Ibaraki in confusion.

"Do not act high and mighty, that's the main reason why you fell. I hope you could take that as a lesson"

Ibaraki said, while reminding her of the grave danger if she irked the wrong person with that way of speaking.

"Yes..."

Shuten said while trying her best to soothe the pinched spot.

"Yes, we agree with that, I hope we could know each other better!"

Ibaraki said happily.

"I wanted to try some of that sake made from an Oni"

Marisa said while looking at the gourd.

"Aren't you guys forgetting about me?"

Yukari asked the people in front of her.

"Knowing you, you would probably just join despite the refusal, so why bother?"

Ibaraki said as she is tired of dealing with the scary Yokai that is forever seventeen.

"As expected, you know me well~"

Yukari teased Ibaraki, making her roll her eyes.

"Whatever"

Ibaraki said while they walked back towards the party.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This chapter has been on my screen for several days, I don't know what to write as I stare at this blank page. Every time I type a word, it made me despise myself. I know the story is already a failure and I needed to unpublish this story and delete it, yet my head is thinking about the next pages and already wanted to write. I know it's a waste of time to continue, but it continues for numerous days until I finished this chapter and type this rant. Not only that, but I am finishing this fanfic even though it already becomes garbage.

Sincerely, Lily.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 37 26
โ๐…๐จ๐ซ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ, ๐ˆ ๐ฐ๐จ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ ๐๐จ ๐š๐ง๐ฒ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ โž ยท ยท โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ ยท๐–ฅธยท โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ ยท ยท A Street Racing Au where the popular street racer, Megumi Fushigur...
12.8K 495 23
"You're worth it, Y/n. You deserve the world." ~~ After getting dragged to some special hero party Y/n didn't want to go to in the first place, she d...
4.6K 131 24
Hey People =3 This is my FIRST story so I'm confident there will be weird stuff. I'm using a vertical shooter game called Touhou as my AU. See? weir...
70.5K 1.8K 51
Y/N L/N, a normal teen, dies and gets reincarnated, blah blah, you already know that. Adventure with Kazuma and the gang; experience great amounts of...