ᴘᴜʀᴇ ʙʟᴏᴏᴅᴇᴅ : ʜᴏᴜsᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅ...

By InfinityRingMaster

Alaesys concerns never lied with politics or war, she was always a simple girl, daydreaming. Rumored to be th... More

Prologue ❍
Ch. 1: Welcome, Little Dove
Ch. 2: Burn the Pages
Ch. 3: Repair
Ch. 4: What You Can't Have
Ch. 5: A Farewell
Ch. 6: Blood Runs Thick
Ch .7: To The Bottom Of The Sea
Ch. 8: Taking Flight
Ch. 9: The Parting
Ch. 10: An Eye For A Daughter
Ch. 11: A Deeper Wound
Ch. 12: Rage That Blinds Me
Authors Note
Ch. 13: Split Decisions
Ch. 14: For I Shall Return
Ch. 15: Welcome Home
Ch. 17: How Far I'll Go
Ch. 18: Dining with Death
Ch. 19: My Protector
Ch. 20: Do You Remember?
Updates and Such
Ch: 21: For You? Anything
Ch. 22: The Return
Ch. 23: Lies and Betrayal
Ch. 24: Promises I Keep
Ch. 25: Come Back With Me
Ch. 26: Forgiveness
Ch. 27: I Will Find You Again
Authors Note and Possible Chapter Fixes
Chapter 28: Spread Your Wings
Ch. 29: Whispers in the Night
Chapter 30: Loose Tongues
Chapter 31: From Now On
Chapter 32: To New Beginnings
Chapter 33: Mourning Dove
Chapter 34: Caged Bird
Updates & Ideas
Chapter 35: Dreams of Another Life
Chapter 36: Family Matters
Chapter 37: I Shall Worry
Chapter 38: Two Sides of a Coin
Chapter 39: Earn Your Keep
Chapter 40: My Brothers' Keeper
New Book Tease / Updates
Ch 41: Clean Thoughts
Chapter 42: Bad Blood
Chapter 43: You Burn With Us
Chapter 44: Get It Back in Blood
Chapter 45: Bastard
Chapter 46: Father's Daughter
Chapter 47: A Mother's Sacrafice
Chapter 48: Strapped Down
Author Notes/Suggestions and Ideas
Chapter 49: Hospitality
Chapter 50: Little Heartbeat
Chapter 51: We Will Never Stray
Chapter 52: Phases
Second Book/Name Ideas
Second Book ♕
Chapter 53: For What May Come
Chapter 54: Tourney of the Dragon, the Falcon and the Phoenix
Chapter 55: Hightower Green
Chapter 56: The Ivory Wrath
Chapter 57: Hellfire
Chapter 58: Me and the Devil
Chapter 59: Rabbit Foot
Chapter 60: Splintering Off
Chapter 61: Mending the Broken
Chapter 62: Love is a Horrid Word
Quick Update: Where Should the Story Head?
Chapter 63: Those We Miss Most

Ch. 16: Recconecting the Pieces

20.9K 742 131
By InfinityRingMaster

"You can love someone so much...But you can never love people as much as you can miss them."

So much had changed since Alaesys was last in the castle. Most of the Targaryen symbolism had been replaced by imagery of religious likes. Daemon made an off-hand comment behind her as to which Viserys just coughed at.

"Aemond is waiting in the Gardens. You two should spend some quality time together." Alicent spoke the words but it seems forced, rehearsed even. "The royal court and Daemon need to have a meeting on marriage terms. We will round you up for dinner." Alaesys took a step towards the queen as she turned.

"My Lady, could we push the meeting back? I'd like to be present for discussion of my own marriage." Alaesys tried not to let a slip of rudeness through. Alicent looked to the King and there was almost a gleam of worry.

"Of course, Princess, we can push the meeting until after dinner. Although some of us are older and prefer sleep." Alicent looked to her dear husband who seemed to not even hear what she said. Alaesys had to bite back a rude response and just gave a small smile and bow. As the rest of the family returned to their quarters, Daemon came behind his daughter and gently grabbed her arm, leaning down beside her ears.

"I will be watching from afar. Don't do anything I wouldn't do." Alaesys snorted at this. Daemon smirked and kissed the top of her head.

"So do everything, endanger lives, kill people and fuck whores?" Alaesys looked up to Daemon who pushed a strand of her hair behind her ear.

"Precisely ." Daemon put his hands on her shoulders and stared into her eyes. He has seen so much of Rhaenerya in his daughter. She had her beauty but she also had her wit. She was so much stronger than she gave herself credit for. Daemon touched the necklace from around her neck and his belly burned with jealousy.

Jealousy that he may never live up to the relationship Laenor and Ally had. But he would die trying.

"Go, have fun." And Alaesys went off to do just that. The winding halls of the castle seemed so foreign to her now. Nothing had physically changed but the feeling was much darker, much more lonely. She wished to hear her brother run through the halls, clashing wooden swords and chasing after their uncles.

Now it seemed that a true war was much more likely.

The gardens had always been one of Alaesys favorite places to play hide and seek with her brothers. There was a time where she hid so long that Laenor had sent guards to find her and she wasn't allowed to leave her quarters for a week afterwards. The last time she was here, her family was whole.

Alaesys shook the upsetting thoughts from her head. She scaled the small stairs that lead down to the rose garden. They were in full bloom this time of year. She grabbed the front of her dress and leaned forward to smell one of the freshly bloomed flowers. Her hair peeled on the back of her neck and she half expected Aemond to be standing there.

It was not Laenor, but a boy a year or two younger than her.

His hair was dark, a few shades darker than her brothers hair. His eyes were light and he seemed shocked to even see her. He bowed low and stuttered over his words. Ally couldn't help but find humor in his action.

"Excuse me, my lady I-" he choked down his words and cleared his throat. "You must be Princess Alaesys." He bowed again and slowly raised his eyes up to the Princess. Alaesys made a gesture with her hand for him to stand. He slowly straightened his back and tucked the book in his hand, into the loop of his belt. "My name is Henri, if it pleases you."

"Henri? You seem to be lost, as this is not the stables." Alaesys looked his clothing up and down. They were rough and rugged, tied together by straps and cloth. Her I seemed embarrassed by his state and apologized.

"I am Prince Aegon's Squire. He sent me after you." Aegon? Alaesys looked down at the boy, as she was still an inch taller than him. She had her father to thank for her height she supposed.

"I am not here for Ser Aegon. I am here for Prince Aemond. He is to meet me in the Garden." Alaesys scanned the surroundings but could not find the young prince anywhere. She felt a pressured on her arm and snapped her head back to the Squire. He had a firm grip on her upper arm. His eyes were not surprised but now they had complete fear.

"My Lady, you must follow me. Now." Alaesys tried to pull her arm out of his hold but his gloved fingers dig deeper into her flesh.

"I do not know who's house you belong to, or who you swear loyalties to, but if you do release me I will send you home to them in a wooden box." Henri shook with anger and curled his fingers around Ally's arm so tightly that she could feel bruises slowly form. Alaesys opened her mouth to scream, but the glint of a cold blade had her silent.

It was not Henris that had pulled the blade, but a tall, white haired man with a leather eye patch. The blade was held so tightly against the boy's throat that Alaesys could see a thin line of blood dripping down the blade.

"I believe my betrothed asked you to unhand her." Aemond leaned down beside Henri's head and gave a quick sniff, as if sizing him up. Henris looked closed to pissing himself and he let go of Alaesys's arm, his hands shaking out of fear. "Now, why don't you go tell my brother that I will not take threats to My Lady lightly." Aemond quickly pulled his sword from Henri's neck and the boy took in a ragged breath.

"I-I'm sorry My Prince. I will tell him at once!" He did tripped over his feet before Alaesys and struggled to run up the stairs. Alaesys rubbed her arm to sooth the ache.

"Let me see, Dove." Aemond held out his hand for Alaesys. Ally could barely speak but followed his orders. Her eyes scanned his face and she felt her heart leap. His jaw was strong, sharped than the edge of his blade. His teeth were clenched from anger and it simply made his jawline tighter. Aemond's eyepatch was made of the finest leather and stretched around his head. The scar from his lost eye peaked out from under the eyepatch.

A piece of his hair hung in front of his face while the rest was pulled back. He pulled the sleeve of Alaesy's dress up just enough to examine the angry red marks on her inner arm. "I'm fine, My Prince." Aemond ignored her and turned her palm up to show the white scar that was ever present. He trailed a gloved finger over the scar and half expected her fingers to flinch.

"Would you like me to kill him?" Aemond lifted his gaze and awaited Ally's answer.

"N-no! My lord, that will not be necessary. The poor boy seemed scared for his life." Alaesys took her hands back and pulled down her sleeve. Aemond pulled his hands behind him and smiled at the young woman. Her lips were a rosy red, not from the tint of a fruit but from her own natural blush. He let his eyes gaze upon her mouth for longer than need be. She picked up her skirts and bowed to him, slowly rising with her head low.

"My Prince, it is so nice to see you again. You've...grown." And grown he had. Alaesys considered herself tall for a woman but Aemond rivaled her easily. He could look atop her white locks with ease.

"As have you, Alaesys." Her name sounded like the sweetest of syrup coming from his mouth. "Call me Aemond. Are we our parents now?" Alaesys gave a light laugh and looked at the outstretched hand in front of her.

"May I, Sweet Dove?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

294K 7.6K 32
In which the true born daughter of Rhaenrya Targaryen and Laenor Velaryon is nothing but the debt Alicent Hightower intends to collect. Started...
313K 14.1K 129
"You will always have half of my heart." 💕 Avalon's childhood, time skips and bonus ending. To be read in conjunction with the Heir// Viserys // Da...
283K 11K 48
Enemies to lovers. OOC Rhaenyra ⚠️this was my first hotd fic so keep in mind some canon/universe details may be wrong and characters may act ooc bec...
76.7K 3.4K 33
The Lannisters are getting a queen on the throne but they have ulterior motives behind wanting a crown. But doesn't everyone? But Aelsa Lannister se...