Chapter 45: Bastard

"While seeking revenge, dig two graves - one for yourself

"While seeking revenge, dig two graves - one for yourself."

Alaesys had hardly made it through the door before Rhaenyra was rushing her, cupping her face and asking her if she was alright over and over again. "Mother I'm fine." Rhaenerys kissed the side of her head so many times that the young girl lost count. Rhaenerya whispered some sort of "thank you" into her hair.

"Where is your captor? Did Cesyja eat him?" Alaesys knew that was not a joke from Jacerys. She knew Jace would want nothing more than the great white beast to gobble up her attacker as if he were a snack. Alaesys wrapped an arm around Jace and held him close. Luke managed to squeeze between Rhaenerya and Alaesys, clutching at both of them like a lifeline.

"We are so happy that you are safe, sister." Baela wrapped her arms around Alaesys shoulders and Rhaena held her outstretched hand. Together the little family embraced and thanked all the God's that might exist for her sage return.

"Mother it's Otto, it has to be. Someone is trying to come for your crown." Rhaenyra hushed her daughter an soothed her hands over her shoulders. "No, you must listen to me."

"You need rest, sweet one. So does your child." Rhaenerya placed her palm against Alaesys belly. It was bittersweet for her to witness her baby be PREGNANT with a baby. She had watched Alaesys first learn to walk and held her in the nights when she could not soothe herself. Alaesys put her own hands on her stomach and sighed, knowing she would not win this fight tonight.

"You captor will pay."

"You will not harm him." Alaesys turned to Daemon with her jaw locked into place. Daemon stepped forward and Rhanerya knew a fight was about to break out amongst them.

"He will die by my sword, or by dragon fire. You cannot allow this..bastard to live!"

"I was your bastard." The room fell quiet. Rhaenerya whispered a harsh whisper to Alaesys. "No, mother. I have played a fool my entire childhood."

"You are my daughter, you are no bastard." Daemon fought not to raise his voice. Baela and Rhaena tried to calm Alaesys as well but it was futile. Aemond stepped between Alaesys and Daemon as she tried to advance but Alaesys pushed his hands away.

"Can everyone stop treating me like I am an idiot? I am not some fragile thing that needs protected at every moment. I am angry." Alaesys pointed to herself and huffed through her nitrile in anger. She resembled Cesyja now. Spewing smoke from her nose and nothing but red, hellacious fire spewing off her tongue. "I have been attacked, kidnapped, stabbed, I am to be the fucking Queen."

Alaesys shoulders rose and fell with her heated argument. Daemon did not dare speak but gave his daughter the respect of watching and listening to her. Alaesys put her hand on her stomach where she felt her child flutter about like a little big. It snapped her back into reality of how she should not become so worked up.

"If nobody is to take action, then I will." Alaesys looked to Aemond who seemed hurt. It was then she realized how big of an ass she made herself out to be. If this was true, that meant that Aemond's grandsire was plotting the downfall of his wife's claim. He was mourning the loss of his family that was not yet dead.

"I will see you all in the morning." Alaesys lifted up what remained of her nightgown and exited Rhaenerya's quarters. Aemond was left standing with the family who's eyes all turned to him. Aemond felt like a sheep amoungst wolves. He new his mother wanted Aegon to be king since he was an infant. He also knew that was only Otto whispering sweet lies into her ear. At one time he wanted to destroy Rhaenerya and her children. At one time he wanted Lucerys to die by his hand.

Now, he wasn't so sure.

He took a bow to the family and swiftly left for his wife. She had not returned to the room as she had said. His heart dropped but he knew she was safe somewhere close. His ventures lead him to the roof of the castle.

The wind was strong and her hair whipped around in a frenzy. The sea was also crazed and Aemond knew a storm was fast approaching. A strong storm at that.

Alaesys was leaning over the edge, looking down into the crashing sea. Aemond grabbed a torch from the Mount and approached her carefully. Alaesys waited a second to even look to her husband. He cheeks were streaked with tears but it was apparent she was finished crying.

"I apologize for-"

Aemond did not allow her to finish. He used his free hand to push her head up to his. Aemond's kiss was quick and frenzied. He let all of his fear slip into that kiss. Alaesys was breathless when they pulled away and her cheeks were flushed with embarrassment and need.

"Don't you dare apologize. I almost lost you, again. I swear you will be the one to stop my heart one day." Aemond leaned over and pressed his forehead to Alaesys. The rain softly started to patter around them and the torch quickly was extinguished. Aemond discarded the torch na shelf Alaesys face in both hands. They kiss again and Alaesys began to cry in relief. She was with her family again.

She was home.

Alaesys pulled back from the kiss and placed both hands on Aemond's chest. "Aegon. He will be the one they put on the throne. Aemond I don't want him hurt."

"I know. I will do everything I can to stop this mess. You deserve that crown, Alesys. Damn what is between your legs. I happen to worship it every chance I get." Alaesys playfully swatted Aemond's chest and they shared a quick kiss again. "It is true. I will cut down any man, even my grandsire, to even sit at your feet in worship." Aemond's hands were all over Alaesys. He wished to strip her here, bend her across the castle wall and have his way with her.

"I will kneel before the Iron Throne for the chance to bury my head between your gorgeous thighs." Aemond fisted the hair near Alaesys hair and carefully tipped her head back. His teeth ghosted over her throat and a growl rumbled in his chest. "If anyone dares to take you from me, I will burn Westeros to nothing but ashes."

"We will rule together, you and I." Aemond stopped his advances and looked to his wife. Nobody had ever given him that chance before. His grandsire and Mother always pressure Aegon for the throne. He knew his drunk, idiot of a brother would never be able to rule like a true king. Now, his beautiful wife was offering him an equal amount of power.

Equal.

"Let me gift you with so many heirs that our House will rule for millennia's. Kesan dohaeragon ao ñuha dāria."

Let me serve you, my queen.

~

Rhaenerya sat on the edge of her bed even after Daemon had slipped off into sleep. Her head throbbed with worry and sleep was escaping her grasps. She stood from the bed and her feet scattered across the cold floor.

In the corner of her room, in a chair, sat an old and torn stuffed dragon. She carefully picked it up and examined the small stitches that barely held the thing together in the first place. She gave a small smile to the gift she had received so many years ago.

It had been so long since she thought about such a person and she couldn't help but feel guilty. She kneeled down before the toy and rubbed one of its horns.

She knew what must be done.

~

Also, this is a little hint towards the book I just published, Blackfyre. Let me know if you would like these toy books to cross over or if it should be left as such.