Chapter 47: A Mother's Sacrafice

"There is nothing as powerful as mother's love, and nothing as healing as a child's soul

"There is nothing as powerful as mother's love, and nothing as healing as a child's soul."

The cold hands of the maester slid across Alaesys swollen belly. Rhaenerya was right by her side with Aemond on the left. Rhaenerya held her hand and looked down upon her daughter with such pride. The maester finished his examination and smiled back to Aemond and Alaesys.

"There is no doubt about it, you have two children growing strong inside of you." Daemon had to catch Aemond as his knees grew weak. Rhaenerya swiftly grabbed a chair for Aemond and slipped it under his weak frame. Alaesys laughed at first, and then she cried. Wave after wave of emotions wiped over her body. She covered her face with her hands and Rhanerya kneeled next to her head to whisper words of encouragement.

"You have done so well, my love. I am so proud of you." Rhaenerya kissed her head and Alaesys softly smiled. That was until the most painful, blunt force came from inside of her belly. Alaesys cried out and pressed all of her weight against the table. "It will not be long now."

"What? Mother what are you- a-ahhhh!" Alaesys cried out in agony. Her back arched from the bed and the doors to the Maester room opened. There stood Alicent and Otto, both with soft blankets in their arms. Aegon appeared from the corner and moved to restrain one arm and Aemond held the other. Alaesys looked between the party in the room with panicked eyes. "Aemond, what is happening?

Aemond stroked her pale cheek and smiled. "Our children will be here soon. They cannot wait to meet you." Alaesys body shook with fear and another wave of pain collided into her. She screamed out in agony. "Mother! Father, please! Jace! Luke! Help me, I'm dying! Please someone help me!" Alaesys called out for her loved ones but it fell on deaf ears. The maester tossed up her dress to expose her to everyone in the room.

"Aegon, Aegon please, what are you doing?"

"I cannot risk your children usurping my throne." His voice was cold and his eyes were blank. Alaesys shook her head and looked back to the Maester who had lifted a sharp blade, examining the glimmering steel. Alaesys panicked now, kicking her feet to try and crawl backwards.

"No please! I will leave! We will leave and you will never find us. Aegon, I do not wish to die like my grandmother!" Thick tears were rolling down her red cheeks now. Alicent and Otto were standing beside Aemond now. Alicent kissed her sons cheek and whispered something in his ear.

"Aemond please, you love me. You love our children do not let them do this!"

Aemond did not even look at her now. He stared straight forward and Alaesys felt the cold dagger press into the skin of her abdomen. Her throat strained, hot flashes of Cesyja flashed through her mind. The dragon and her rider mourned at once. They both roared in agony, betrayal and fear.