Ch. 10: An Eye For A Daughter

"An eye for an eye only leads to more blindness

"An eye for an eye only leads to more blindness."

Rhaenys tightened the bandage around Alaesys throat for one last time. The first few bandages were quickly soaked through with blood so it was important to keep the wound as clean as possible. Her grandmother examined her palm again, frowning when Ally would barely twitch the fingers in her left hand.

"You will be okay, dear." Rhaenys smiled and kissed the girls head. Baela and Rhaena were right by their cousins side, each having a hand on her shoulder.

A maester tended to Aemond on the other side of the room but Ally couldn't bring herself to look at him. But she could feel his hard gaze never leaving her even as the Maester took off his bandage.

"He will heal your grace, but the eye is lost." Alicent felt her stomach drop in despair. Her child would forever be crippled by this altercation. Viserys held his head in annoyance, his sleep had been disturbed by a bunch of bickering children.

"Where were you all? You are to protect the King's family. Even if it is from themselves." Viserys slammed his cane onto the ground and shouted at his group of guards. The doors burst open and Daemon along with Rhaenerya came running through. Rhanerya immediately tended to her daughter, checking the bandages all over her body.

"My sweet dove, what happened? Talk to me." Rhaenyra ignored Ally's constant reminders that she was alive and fine.

"Your children have permanently wounded my son." Alicent hissed. Rhaenerya turned with her hands clenched at her sides. Dameon kneeled down beside of Alaesys and held out his hand.

"It won't hurt, I promise." Ally was very skeptical of her uncle, but showed him her injured hand, palm up. He ran his fingers down each of her digits to see if she could feel it. When her fingers twitched he gave a soft smile. "Good girl, you will still have mobility it seems."

"Your son wounded my daughter. She could have lost her hand." Rhaenerya snapped back. Aemond turned to his half-sister sharply. Ally took in the state of his eye, or lack there of. It had been stitched as best as possible but his face was still swollen from the fight.

"Luke was the one who cut her throat. I could hurt them, I could've killed all of them but not her. If it was up to me she would never shed another blood drop." Aemond's words made Alaesys heart sink. Aemond turned to her and for a second it seemed that he wanted to apologize or just tell her how much he cared.

Bickering broke out between the children and, not surprisingly, Alicent. The noise mad Alaesys head reel and Daemon lifted his hands to cover her ears. She smiled and mouthed a 'thank you'.