ᴘᴜʀᴇ ʙʟᴏᴏᴅᴇᴅ : ʜᴏᴜsᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅ...

بواسطة InfinityRingMaster

Alaesys concerns never lied with politics or war, she was always a simple girl, daydreaming. Rumored to be th... المزيد

Prologue ❍
Ch. 1: Welcome, Little Dove
Ch. 2: Burn the Pages
Ch. 3: Repair
Ch. 4: What You Can't Have
Ch. 5: A Farewell
Ch. 6: Blood Runs Thick
Ch .7: To The Bottom Of The Sea
Ch. 8: Taking Flight
Ch. 9: The Parting
Ch. 10: An Eye For A Daughter
Ch. 11: A Deeper Wound
Authors Note
Ch. 13: Split Decisions
Ch. 14: For I Shall Return
Ch. 15: Welcome Home
Ch. 16: Recconecting the Pieces
Ch. 17: How Far I'll Go
Ch. 18: Dining with Death
Ch. 19: My Protector
Ch. 20: Do You Remember?
Updates and Such
Ch: 21: For You? Anything
Ch. 22: The Return
Ch. 23: Lies and Betrayal
Ch. 24: Promises I Keep
Ch. 25: Come Back With Me
Ch. 26: Forgiveness
Ch. 27: I Will Find You Again
Authors Note and Possible Chapter Fixes
Chapter 28: Spread Your Wings
Ch. 29: Whispers in the Night
Chapter 30: Loose Tongues
Chapter 31: From Now On
Chapter 32: To New Beginnings
Chapter 33: Mourning Dove
Chapter 34: Caged Bird
Updates & Ideas
Chapter 35: Dreams of Another Life
Chapter 36: Family Matters
Chapter 37: I Shall Worry
Chapter 38: Two Sides of a Coin
Chapter 39: Earn Your Keep
Chapter 40: My Brothers' Keeper
New Book Tease / Updates
Ch 41: Clean Thoughts
Chapter 42: Bad Blood
Chapter 43: You Burn With Us
Chapter 44: Get It Back in Blood
Chapter 45: Bastard
Chapter 46: Father's Daughter
Chapter 47: A Mother's Sacrafice
Chapter 48: Strapped Down
Author Notes/Suggestions and Ideas
Chapter 49: Hospitality
Chapter 50: Little Heartbeat
Chapter 51: We Will Never Stray
Chapter 52: Phases
Second Book/Name Ideas
Second Book ♕
Chapter 53: For What May Come
Chapter 54: Tourney of the Dragon, the Falcon and the Phoenix
Chapter 55: Hightower Green
Chapter 56: The Ivory Wrath
Chapter 57: Hellfire
Chapter 58: Me and the Devil
Chapter 59: Rabbit Foot
Chapter 60: Splintering Off
Chapter 61: Mending the Broken
Chapter 62: Love is a Horrid Word
Quick Update: Where Should the Story Head?
Chapter 63: Those We Miss Most

Ch. 12: Rage That Blinds Me

22K 708 96
بواسطة InfinityRingMaster

I answer the heroic question 'Death, where is thy sting?' with 'It is here in my heart and mind and memories.'"

When consciousness finally returned to Alaesys, she was back in her bed. It was silent besides the chirping of birds from the window. I'm her fingers, was the cold necklace from her father. The memories of what had happened flooded her brain, and she began to cry. It was not a soft, quiet cry like she would do back in King's Landing, it was a loud, mourning cry.

It had been three weeks since the death of her father. Every morning was the same. She felt as thought this pain would last forever. Mostly, the Maester's kept her full with herbs and such to help her pain and agony.

The door to the bedroom bursted open and Rhaenerya came running inside with open arms. She pulled her daughter up into her arms and pushed her damp hair away from her warm face.

"Bring him back mother. Please bring him back." Alaesys held her mothers arm close, her body continued to shake with ragged breaths. Rhaenerya hushed her harsh cries and rocked the girl as she did when she was an infant.

"He would not want you to mourn him in such a way. You know he's smiling down at his children as we speak." Rhaenerya kissed Ally's head and rubbed her back. She wiped her own tears away as she comforted her distraught daughter. Alaesys looked at the necklace in her fingers, the little square metal prongs were heated with the warmth of her hand.

Jacerys and Lucerys came into the room. Both boys had stayed in their mother's room last night to give Alaesys space. Jacerys was the first to climb into the bed and silently put his arms around his sister, resting his cheek on her back. Lucerys placed himself in Alaesys lap and allowed his sister to squeeze him so tight he felt his eyes might pop from their sockets.

What remained of their little family, embraced one another.

There was a light rap from the doorway, and Baela and Rhaena were standing there with Daemon. Rhanerya opened her arms and the two girls came running to her. Baela grasped Alaesys hand and put her face into Ally's hair, whispering kind words to her cousin. Daemon leaned in the doorway and watched them. He had seen war and battle, but nothing compared to the guilt and pain he witnessed before him.

Rhaenerya lifted her head and gazed down at the children surrounding her. As a young girl, the idea of a family never appealed to her, now, her entire world was her family. "Children, I need you to listen to me alright?" The children slowly dispersed from the hug. The boys and twins sat on the opposite bed and Daemon came to sit beside Rhanerya and Alaesys. He patted the girls leg and looked at Rhaenerya.

They shared a moment of silence before Rhaenerya spoke again, "In retaliation of the tragedy that has overcome us, I believe we have to take action." Daemon reached over Alaesys and took her hand in his. Ally sat up from the comfort of her mother and looked at their conjoined hands.

"Daemon and I are to be married, as is the way of Old Valyria." Rhanerya and Daemon shared a smile. The room was cold and the children showed no excitement. In fact, Alaesys felt a deep anger she had never experienced before. She broke through their conjoined hands and stood before both of them.

"You killed him..." she whispered just loud enough for the couple to hear. Rhaenyra stood quickly and grabbed the edge of her dress.

"Alaesys, I understand you are-"

"I do not wish to hear it." Ally interrupted her mother. Her jaw was so clenched that she could feel her pulse spasm in her throat.

"Alaesys, do not speak to your mother that way." Daemon also stood and looked Alaesys up and down. The young girl turned to Daemon and gave him a look of pure disgust.

"My father's body is barely cold in the ground and you come to us with this proposal. Daemon, your daughters have not had the chance to mourn their mother and you wish to share bed with my mother-"

"Alaesys!" Rhaenerya snapped, stepping closer to her daughter. "That is enough."

Alaesys looked between the two of them and back to the younger children. They all had their heads down, accepting the fate their parents had given to them. But as Alaesys observed closer, she could tell it wasn't acceptance, it was more like this wasn't fresh news to them. Alaesys turned to the pair and down to her mothers hand. A new set of jewelry adorned her fingers, replacing where her fathers ring once was.

"You are married." Alaesys stated rather than questioned. Rhaenerya could not even look her daughter in the eyes. Alaesys shook her head in disbelief. "When did this happen?"

"You were resting after the Maesters gave you Milk of the Poppy." Jacerys answered his sisters question. He almost physically winced at the look Alaesys gave him, betrayal.

"You waited until I was incapacitated to marry." Alaesys looked to the ceiling to stop from crying. Rhaenyra reached for her hand but she jerked it away as if it burned her.

"You were so distraught. Your wounds had not healed and you would not rest long enough for your body to heal. We had to act fast." Rhaenerya wiped her eyes and clasped her hands in her lap.

"I'm leaving." Alaesys walked from her mother and tried to avoid Daemon. The man caught her arm and held her in place. Alaesys looked up at the white haired man and jerked her arm from his hold. "Do not touch me. You will never be the man my father was."

"Your father is standing right here." Alaesys was glaring at Daemon, until her eyes changed from disdain to disbelief and back to an unspoken anger.

"Do not-"

"Tell them Rhaenerya. Tell them who Alaesys true father is." Daemon did not even look at his newlywed wife. Rhaenerya looked between the children on the bed and then back to Daemon.

"Daemon we were not supposed to tell her like this." Rhaenerya stood from the bed and placed her hand on Alaesys shoulder.

"I'm so sorry Dove. I have wanted to tell you for a long time. I understand how angry you must feel."

"You do NOT understand my anger." Alaesys shook her head as a million thoughts raced through her mind. This entire time, she knew her birth was not that of Laenor and her mother, but this news still rocked her entire world. She ran from the room, ignoring the calls of Daemon and her mother. She busted through the doors of the castle and left the Knights confused as to where she was going in such a hurry.

Her bare feet hit the sand and it was more than welcome. She knew exactly where to go. Alaesys could hear Cesyja's roars from the beach. "I'm coming Cesyja..."

The white dragon had nearly doubled in size since leaving King's Landing. Being shoved in the dragon pit was known to hinder dragon growth. She could now be outside in the sun with little to no effect. Cesyja saw her rider from miles away and opened her wings. She was able to catch up to the young girl and met her half way. They ran to each other and Alaesys all but collapsed against her dragon.

Ally clung to the dragon like a lifeline and sobbed into her scales. Cesyja enclosed her wings around the girl to give her privacy as she realized the building anguish she had been hiding.

Cesyja kept a lookout for any signs of trouble. She did not expect the attack to come over head. She roared at the red dragon that soared above her and landed less than a few feet away. She shielded the girl further, baring her teeth at Caraxes. The larger and older dragon gave his own battle cry as Daemon slide from his back. He patted the beast on the neck and approached the dragon and rider. Cesyja drew in her wings tighter and looked between Daemon and Caraxes.

Alaesys emerged from her folded wings and beckoned the beast to lower her head so she could rub her massive head. The dragon almost purred and Alaesys sniffled and laughed.

Daemon was taken back by how much the dragon had grown. At only less than 13 years, the dragon could almost rival his own dragon. Alaesys soothed her dragon and looked to her uncle.

"Your dragon is beautiful." Dameon stated and held out his hand for the best to smell. Cesyja did not even sniff his hand but turned her face entirely. "Her attitude, not so much." Alaesys slipped from the dragons wings and went to stand in front of the man.

"You found me, now what. Are you going to tell me how much you love me? And how sorry you are? And that I should call you father now?" Alaesys looked scornful and crossed her arms over her chest. Daemon kneeled before and girl and sighed.

"I do not expect any of those things, no. I do apologize for dropping this all on you. Laenor was a fine man, and a great father to you. I will never be able to fill that void but I will try." Alaesys hair swept in the wind and she raised her eyes to meet Daemon's. "Give me the chance to prove myself?" Alaesys knew deep down that he would not replace her father in any way, but now that she was in this position, there was not much more she could do.

She charged at the man and pounded her fist against her chest. She was not crying from sadness but from the anguish and anger she felt. Daemon let her land the blows over and over, only catching her when she inevitably collapsed against him.

"I hate you!"

"I know."

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

48.7K 1.4K 22
Being born into the most respected and equally feared houses in the realm made people look up to you as if you were a god and the devil himself, in e...
28.8K 871 20
The younger sister of Viserys and Daemon Targaryen, if you thought Daemon was the rough prince Visaera, was the only one who rivalled that. She wasn...
294K 7.6K 32
In which the true born daughter of Rhaenrya Targaryen and Laenor Velaryon is nothing but the debt Alicent Hightower intends to collect. Started...
19.4K 610 22
Elaena Velaryon was the future heir of the Iron Throne, Rhaenyra's firstborn. Her tongue was as sharp as her sword and her will resembled that of ste...