Demons (Mha)

By just_here_ig

She slowly starting walking again and the car slowly drove next to her. "How about I give you a ride? I'll ta... More

Mai Rika (updated 2x)
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
61
62
Epilogue
Author's note

60

3.8K 189 63
By just_here_ig

Aizawa melted. Literally. He turned into a pile of brownish goop and disappeared, the bus swerved and hit the wall of the tunnel after the driver disappeared.
The students fell out of there seats, some of their heads whipped forward and then backwards causing a sharp pain to erupt in their neck. Others hit their heads against the windows and seats hard enough to cause possible concussions.

Behind them the roof of the tunnel caved from the explosion and closed the closest entrance leaving them only one way out.

The already battered and tired teens jumped into action and stumbled out of the bus with Iida and Momo's guidance. The bus was the only source of light so the kids huddled close to it in the tunnel while people with light producing quirks tried their best to illuminate the large space.
"Does anyone know what the hell just happened?!"
Denki whimpered and Mai turned to him.

"This is likely an attack, if I'm right that Aizawa was actually a duplicate made by the quirk of a member of the league. He used it to create a clone of his partner. The man with all of the burn scars."
Mai answered loud enough for everyone to hear.

"The league?! Damnit! Why can't they just leave us alone?!"
Sero asked kicking the bus in frustration.

"It will be all right! All we have to do is stay calm-"
Iida yelled trying to take control.

"Uh guys?"
Momo pointed her flashlight to a corner that began to swirl in a sickeningly familiar way.
A portal was opening.
A large beaked creature emerged from the purple mist and was quickly followed by two more. They were all bigger than the one from the USJ and their eyes were trained on one person.

Mai.

...................

Shiggaraki watched the tv with interest.
"Hey Dabi."
He said addressing the only other person in the room.

"What?"
The other man groaned at the interrupted like he was dealing with an irritating younger sibling.

"It's about the same girl, but this time they have Hawks talking."
He said watching the winged hero carefully.

"So?"
Dabi asked looking up from his magazine.

"Do you think she's as powerful as they say?"
Shiggaraki asked turning to Dabi.
The scared man shrugged.
"Probably, why?"

Shiggaraki smiled an turned off the tv.
"Because if she is... we need to crush her."

...........

"Todoroki! Create an ice wall! We should refrain from engagi them in combat- BAKUGOU GET BACK HERE!!"

The Nomu's let out ear piercing screams as Bakugou blasted towards them but his explosions weren't as controlled as usual.
'He's tired.'
Mai noticed.
They all were, the exams brought many of them to their limits leaving the teens exhausted. This was sickeningly good timing for the league.

The Nomu slapped Bakugou away but he weakly maneuvered around the beast's arm. Before letting out an explosion in it's face.
It didn't flinch and punched Bakugou backwards. Midoriya jumped up and caught his friend before he hit any walls and jumped against the wall back to the group with Bakugou screaming profanities at him while trying to blow everyone up.

The tunnel got colder as ice shot from Todoroki's leg, the ice hit the Nomus and created a wall in between them and the hero students.
"We can't risk fighting them head on with how tired we are and I'm sure we might have a few injuries from the wreak. Our main chance is heading to the end of the tunnel and find a hero Agency."
Iida commanded.

"And if there is no other side? Ribbit."
Tsu asked.

"Then we fight, but for now it's safest to move forward. We've seen what these things did to all might at the USJ. Even with our help he barely defeated one. We shouldn't try against three when it's just us."
Midoriya agreed.

Todoroki nodded, at the same moment the ice creaked slightly and Everyone jumped back.
"That won't hold forever. We should move now."
He said and everyone nodded. The group of teenagers moved forward. But Mai stopped and glanced at the ice that began creaking again before pulling out her phone and typing out a simple text.

She had no connection but when she got signal her message would be sent.

"Mai?"
Midoriya said when he noticed she stayed behind.
"You heard them, we need to go."
He said pointing at the group that was already around a corner and out of sight.

"They're going to break through Midoriya."
Mai said slipping her phone into her pocket.
Her back was still towards him, she was staring at the ice and ignoring the drop in temperature. This was the first time they've talked after the interview she realized turning around and looking at her old friend.

"Mai."
He whimpered shaking.
"We need to go."

"They're after me Midoriya. You know that don't you?"
She said.

He shook his head as he realized what was going on.
"N-no! They're after all of us because-"

"I'm staying."
Mai said bluntly.
"I'll hold them back so you guys can get away."

"Mai that's crazy! You can't go against them alone and live! Even All Might-"
He didn't like this. Maybe it was his fault. He was supposed to be her friend and he ignored her, he didn't think about it until now but he did exactly what he promised he wouldn't do.
He realized why she didn't want him to be her friend.
He was a shitty freind.

"I know."
Mai smiled and Midoriya flinched.
"But I can try."

He nodded and walked forward.
"Okay. Okay then I'll stay to! We can both take them right? Yeah! Yeah it'll be fine."
He muttered as usual and Mai put a hand on his shoulder.
Yeah that's right! He might have been a shitty freind but he can fix that now! It's not too late, right?

"No Midoriya. Just me."
She urged, pushing him back as another thump sounded and a piece of ice fell from the wall.
"You have to go now, make sure no one turns around. Especially not Kirishima."

He shook his head and shrugged off her arm.
"No! No no no."
He gasped wiping new tears from his eyes.
"Mai you can't! I-I won't leave you!"
He said standing his ground and Mai shook his head.

"Please, if anyone gets hurt because of these creatures I'll never forgive myself."
She looked him straight in his eyes.
"Your quirk... All might's quirk, is meant for much more than dying in a cave."
She said pulling the last card she could think of. She didn't know all of the details but even she knew no one developed a quirk naturally that late in life, and the same year he got his all might got significantly weaker? There no way that was a coincidence.
Plus Midoriya would definitely talk on and on about how he first developed his quirk but instead he'd been quiet about it. Like it was a secret.

"I don't- if that's true than I won't die! And neither will you! We can take them I know we can-"
He was pleading, begging. He couldn't let this happen.

"MIDORIYA CAN YOU JUST LISTEN?!"
Mai yelled tears running down her face.
"I have to do this by myself, I can't let anyone get hurt because of me! I can't let you get hurt.
I brought them here. The league is after me."
She said rubbing her tears. Her heart thundered in her chest as fear crept up her spine. She couldn't let him stay. He needed to leave now.

"Mai please..."
He begged.

"Go, take care of them okay? You Bakugou and Todoroki are the only ones strong enough to stop them if- if they get past me."
Mai said and Midoriya flinched.
Every word she said made sense but he hated it.
"I-"

"Promise me that you won't let anyone know I stayed behind."
Mai urged.

"I can't-"

"PROMISE ME MIDORIYA-"
Mai was interrupted by a large clawed hand bursti though the ice.
'Won't be long now.'
Tears of desperation streamed down her face.

"PROMISE ME YOU WON'T LOSE!!"
He yelled back rubbing his eyes.
He felt like a kid. A useless little kid.

Mai reached forward and hugged him, he wrapped his arms around her and remembered that one night they trained together and he carried her back to her dorm. When she first came to UA and she hugged him in the hallway.

"I never lose, and I promise that won't change today."
She said as she pulled back and pushed him.
"Now get the hell out of here and let the professional handle this!"
She said smiling.

Smiling like All Might.

His whole life he'd wanted to be the number one hero, He'd been sure that he was fit for the job but right now he realized. Mai would be a much better number one then he ever could.
She was so brave, she smiled when it counted and was strong and serious when needed.

He nodded and turned, running down the tunnel, using his quirk to bounce off walls quickly as he could to catch up.

Mai's smile turned into a sad one ans she turned to face the ice wall the moment it shattered revealing the three creatures behind it.
She adjusted her footing and spread her hands.
'Come at me.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93.3K 2.4K 38
✨🧚🏼‍♂️This is an x OC type of book🧚🏼‍♂️✨ As I enter my room about to get ready for bed , I feel someone's chest press up against my back with...
110K 2.1K 23
*Y/N STORY*You were just a baby when you were taken by the LOV. You were only seven when everyone knew you as Heaven's Devil, a killer, who had more...
4.4K 143 15
𝔹ℕℍ𝔸 𝕆ℂ 𝕊𝕋𝕆ℝ𝕐 In the shadows of tragedy, Mahou Murasaki's life takes a treacherous turn. Betrayed and kidnapped, she escapes only to be thrust...
480 21 1
Hazy light from outside filtered into the high windows of the cabin, particles of dust floating otherwise unseen between sun rays. The cabin smelled...