The seven princes of the sea

By MinYoonjiSHI

This mermaid was brought upon the tail of another, she grew up in a small stone home, far from all seven sea... More

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
XLI
XLII
XLIII
XLIV
XLV
XLVI
XLVII
XLVIII

IX

517 25 3
By MinYoonjiSHI

Jimin woke up and noticed that Jungkook's presence was missing from beside him. His tired eyes shot open so quickly it hurt.

'Jungkook?' He called.

He turned around and noticed Jungkook, but what made him feel uneasy is the fact that Jungkook was sound asleep, next to Y/n.

'What the..'

His heart was burning. He definitely didn't like seeing Jungkook snuggled up in the sand with a hand protectively over Y/n. Yet Jimin had to remind himself that him and Y/n aren't a thing. They were just..friends.

Sucking up his jealousy, he swam over to the two that slept soundly and brutally woke Jungkook up.

'Wake up you little goblin shark!' He screamed into Jungkook's ear.

Surprisingly, Jungkook flinched and sat up quickly.

'Shark?! Where? Y/n!' Jungkook was having a little panicked moment and raised an arm as a protective barrier over Y/n's sleeping form.

This action made Jimin frown slightly.

'Why are you guys screaming?' Y/n groaned as she rubbed her eyes.

Jungkook suddenly flinched again and screamed.

'Calm your seahorses!' Both Y/n and Jimin screamed back.

[ later ]

We've only started our trip to Ursal's and Jungkook has been acting like a bodyguard. When big unknown fish swim buy, Jungkook kept his arms up to shield me.

Honestly, as stupid as it was, my heart was fluttering. How could someone just..care so much? Jimin definitely raised Jungkook well. Oh- speaking of Jimin! He's been awfully quiet today.

'Jimin?' I called.

He was slightly in front of me so he had to turn around to look at me, though he only turned his head towards me.

'You alright?' I smiled softly.

'Yeah, fine.' He smiled and looked away, quickly dropping his smile.

I frowned.

'Guys we're here.' Jungkook announced lowly.

Further away, we spotted the familiar stone home that we were all once trapped in. The vines, seaweed and sea moss still covered it. Who am I kidding? I've only left for a month or two, I should've expected the house to stay the same.

'I'm going.' I said, slowly making my way over the boulder that shielded the back of the home.

Suddenly two arms stopped me from going. Jimin's faltered and retreated.

'Y/n- noona. We don't know if Ursal's still in there.' Jungkook warned.

'I'll be fine.' I smiled at Jungkook.

I looked over to Jimin and smiled at him, in which he returned awkwardly. With that, I swam away. The back of the home was pressed against the giant stone wall..or the boulder I just hid behind.

Slowly making my way down the boulder and to the house, I found a small gap in the wall of the home, I peeked through.

The familiar dining table made out of sick coral, the stone stools that haven't moved an inch, the continuous growing moss on the walls.

By the sound of silence, I assumed that Ursal wasn't home, possibly at the busy reef trying to apologise to the person she tried to sell me off to. So I took the chance to swim towards the front of the house and swim through the loose door.

There I was, standing exactly where I stood when I last looked around before I left this hell hole.

'Ok, get to the office, find a potion book, make the potion, go.' I repeated the steps out loud.

After a deep breath, I swam towards the office. The small hallway I was met with was dark and filled with moss, a great way on telling me to back off, but not this time..or ever.

I swam past the door that held the room I was forbidden to enter and I quickly spotted the office. The doorway to the office was simply just a doorframe, I don't get why Ursal wouldn't have a door for her office if she really doesn't want me to sneak in there.

Nonetheless, I swam towards the first book shelf that was in my line of vision and started checking all the books, trying to find one that specifically held potions and spells.

'How to make your tail grey...why would you want to make your tail grey?' I mumbled as I read the title of a book.

I grabbed another book of the old shelf, this one was brown, tattered, burnt and had the potential of being a potion book...that was what I thought until I read the title.

'What the- 100 reasons why you should kiss a fish? What nonsense is this octopus reading?!' I exclaimed, flabbergasted at the ridiculous title.

Just as I thought I couldn't find it, something caught my eyes. It was another book that was suspiciously tucked away behind a large rock. I reached out to grab the book and it was covered in moss.

Hm, it must've been hidden for a while.

Shrugging, I opened the book at a random page, frowning when it wasn't what I was looking for, I continued flicking through the book.

'Turn your tails pink...try this spell if you want to know your future...how to kiss a fis- seriously?' I groaned.

I flipped the page once again, as I was about to slam the book shut, the title of this page shone.

'Turn your tails into human legs!' I almost screeched when I finally found the book.

I looked at the page and found the list of ingredients the potion would need. Luckily, the already made potions that were needed for this particular spell, Ursal already had. So I grabbed the two bottles of potion that was part of the ingredients and scanned through the list and the room once again.

'Y/n! She's coming! Hurry!' Jimin's panicked voice made my heart race.

She's coming? Already?

Out of panic, my grip on the bottles tightened and I ripped the two pages of the book that gives the instructions to make the potion.

'Y/n-' Jimin's head poked out from the entrance of the office and his stressed features were evident.

He cut himself off and rushed towards me, holding me tightly to his chest as he carries me like a bride. Without wasting time, he notices an inconveniently large hole in the walls.

But before he could complain about how unsafe that is, we both hear the front door slam as Ursal's loud voice echoes through the house.

'ARGH!' She yelled in frustration.

'Jimin, go!' I whispered, tapping his bare shoulder.

He turned around but my tail suddenly knocked down a smaller book shelf that wasn't exactly filled with books, it was filled with different bottles of potion.

The many glass fell and shattered onto the stone floor, the loud impact of the glass and floor meeting, caused my heart to beat out of my chest.

'Jimin..' I whispered in horror as both our eyes were widened as we stare at each other.

'Who goes there?!' Ursal's voice loud, making it clear she was approaching the office.

'What do we do?' I whispered in desperation, watching no Jimin as he looked around the dark room.

'Come out- ah there you are.' Ursal smirked as she barely saw us. Her eyes now lingered on our silhouette.

We're doomed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.2K 1.8K 33
Ji-Soo Lea belongs to the ocean. She has always had a deep connection with the water until the ocean betrayed her and took Kai, her brother, away. A...
4K 283 22
Two princes meet. Both from completely different homes. What will happen? top kook bottom taehyung Warnings: Sad endings aren't part of my vocabulary...
619K 42.8K 74
Jungkook a wealthy model and ex professional swimmer went out to enjoy the sea again. But when his sickness strikes unexpectedly it made him end up a...
46K 2.3K 62
It will take me probably all summer to finish editing this and leaving it alone forever since I am working on other projects ._. β–· BTS mermaid Series...