Cat & Mouse

By SearaSky

Two best friends: one a science/history geek, and the other a daredevil who is always down for any challenge... More

A/N: Fun, Not so fun Facts
Mission Recieved, Mission Accepted
Meet the Crew
Journey to the Past
Arrived
The Expedition Begins
Let the Games Begin
Cats & Mice
Now What?
Blaze
Bittersweet Reunion
Not Alone
The Nest
Not According to Plan
Into the Woods
Making Camp
Envenomation
To Hit on a Yautja
To Understand Feelings
The Cavern
Journey's End
The Last Stand
Savior
Miracles
First Time
Afterglow
Mission Seară
Troubled Times
Clash of Titans
Training Begins: Seară's Truth
Something's Off
I Love You
Shaman
Happy Ending Nightmare
Wedding Preparations
Wedding Crashers
Burn It Down
Prelude to Hell
All Hell Breaks Loose
The Queen
Epilogue

Second Chance

383 16 0
By SearaSky

"Really, our mission is at risk of failure now. If that bastard hadn't escaped it'd be fine, but he did. We may have stopped the Kiande Amedha, but we weren't able to stop the humans responsible." Archer grumbled in frustration. Blade was currently pulling up the recording from Archer's bio-mask. Once it got to the human, he paused it. Then the system began running through faces in various locations. The three women were in shock. They had the capability to run facial recognition too? Their power was terrifying. "Don't be so shocked. We didn't go around planting these devices throughout the universe. He's merely hacking what you humans have." Blaze said. The females nodded slowly, but their eyes never left what Blade was doing. "Now, we wait." Blade signed. Claire approached him and hugged him. Blade trilled in confusion, but also pleasant surprise and he hugged her too. Leaning down, he pressed his forehead to hers. His dreadlocks fell over his shoulders and encircled them in a black curtain. "Okay you two... This lovey dovey atmosphere is blinding." Roxy teased as she shielded her eyes. Nadia smiled. Sooner rather than later the computer system was able to locate the man's identity. When it did, Archer went to the system. He then began hacking into cameras. From personal devices, to cameras and other security monitoring devices. "I think once we find him... Assassination. So as not to allow him to weasel his way out while we are busy again. He'll be dead before he knows whats coming." Archer mentioned. The group nodded. "I want to do it." Claire unexpectedly volunteered. The Yautja looked at her in confusion. "He runs that awful place and threatened to put me back in it... I want revenge." She said sternly. Blaze and Archer seemed pleased. Blade trilled at her the same way he trilled during movies when the protagonists started kicking ass. Claire smiled. "Besides that... He sold the egg that made the thing that hurt my sweet Seară. And people similar took my sweet Seară's family from him. He deserves no better. None of them do." She said with determination. Roxy and Nadia grinned. They'd never seen Claire have so much fire in her eyes before. They loved it. Evidently Blade did too because he hadn't stopped staring at her since she said it. Claire noticed him staring and glanced at the computer. It hadn't found anything yet. She took Blade's hand and pulled him to their bedroom. "Well it's obvious what they are about to do." Roxy snickered. Nadia giggled.

While Archer and Blaze kept watching the computer, Roxy and Nadia called Marissa. "Happy that y'all are still alive." Was the first thing she said when she answered. "Alive as can be. Listen I got some answers about your love interest." Roxy replied and Marissa scoffed. "I don't have a love interest." She snapped. Roxy rolled her eyes. "Okay then I have news about the lizard-man you want to fuck." Roxy snapped back and Marissa seemed intrigued. "Archer says if you want a chance with Raptor you need to step up your game. He needs to see that side of you other men are scared of apparently. Don't hate me for the honesty, but Archer said you are too cowardly, weak and submissive for Raptor to even think about you much less do all that with you." Roxy said. At the word submissive Marissa slammed her hands on the desk. "Submissive!?" She raged. "Oh I'll show them submission." She raged on. Roxy nodded. "...But I don't know how to step up my game anywhere besides the bedroom. They like women like you two right?" She huffed finally as she sat back down. Roxy and Nadia nodded. "All you need to do is be like us enough to get his attention. As soon as you have it you can be yourself again. The hard part now is just getting you there." Nadia said thoughtfully. "...We could set you up in a way." Roxy mentioned and they both looked at her intrigued. "Set up how?" Marissa questioned. "Well think about it. He's alone on a mission right now... What if we got you there. Help him once and they are grateful for a lifetime." Roxy said and the other two nodded in thought. "But it's a mission it sounds dangerous and scary to be honest." Marissa said uncertainty lacing her voice. Roxy huffed. "Girl we are trying to help you but we can't do that if you won't help yourself first. You are a dominatrix right? So act like it. Bring her out in more than just the bedroom setting. You want him as yours right? Doesn't the idea of someone or something else breaking him first drive you nuts." Roxy said. Marissa was quiet for a moment. Then finally she nodded. Roxy smiled. "Good. We will work on our end you hang tight for a bit." Roxy said and they hung up. Roxy and Nadia went back to Blaze and Archer. The pair was still intently watching the computer just waiting for it to locate the asshole. "Where'd Raptor get sent to?" Roxy asked. Archer glanced at her. "Why are you so curious?" He asked and Roxy shrugged. "He's a friend and I'm worried." She replied. Archer scoffed. "I am no fool. What's your real reasoning, mate?" He questioned and Roxy huffed. "To set up a chance for Marissa to prove herself." She answered as she crossed her arms with a huff. "We cannot allow her to compromise şoc or his mission. Find her an opportunity later." Archer said sternly. "She wouldn't do that." Roxy defended and Archer looked at her fully. "If it were you, Nadia, or Claire I'd believe that. But from what we know of her, all she does is cry, scream and pass out. She needs training, and she needs bravery. I mean it Roxeanne. Find her a different chance later. She is likely to get herself or şoc killed if you push this." Archer said firmly. Roxy sighed and walked away. Nadia followed her.

"You know she will find a way and do it anyway." Blaze clicked in their language. Archer shrugged. "If it happens, she'll just learn the hard way again." He replied. "You won't stop her before then?" Blaze questioned. Archer scoffed. "She wouldn't listen anyways. If it does turn out bad we can only trust şoc can handle it, and perhaps their friend will finally prove herself. She did get better after a while and when she had a weapon afterall." Archer replied. Blaze nodded then they proceeded to watch the computer for any signs of the human male. "Alright so if they won't help us I'll just do it myself." Roxy said firmly. "You know I love you and how you take care of your friends, Rox. But isn't this pushing too hard? What if something goes wrong and she is hurt?" Nadia said. "There is a right time and place... I'm not sure now qualifies as either..." She added. "Well I believe now is the perfect time. If we don't push her she's just going to miss an opportunity." Roxy defended. Nadia sighed silently. "Right. But how are we going to find him? And how are we going to get her involved? She's on the mothership, no ships are hers and she cannot pilot one anyways." Nadia replied. Roxy grinned. "Claire is how. Blade has the ship, and he can fly it. And it just so happens he would do anything for Claire-Bear." She said smugly with a smirk. "Yes, but he also has a brain. He wouldn't put any of us in unnecessary danger. He also wouldn't abandon this assignment for that. None of them would." Nadia reasoned and Roxy scoffed. "I hate when you're smart. But, there have been a few tricked and trapped to the point they died before because of a weaker race. So theoretically we can trick them with this too. Minus the dying part." Roxy said. Nadia sighed. "But why do you want to do that to them?" She questioned. "I want Marissa to have the same happiness that we do! Why is that so wrong?" Roxy argued. "It's wrong if someone gets hurt because of it." Nadia clapped back. "Well no one will. Not this time." She defended. "You didn't think sparing that woman would hurt anyone either." Nadia said plainly. Roxy snapped a glare at Nadia, then she walked out without a word. Nadia sighed again as she rubbed her temples.

Within just a few hours they were alerted to the human male being spotted. Claire was beyond ready when she got the news. Currently Blade was piloting the ship to get to his location. Roxy walked in. When a brief glance around let her know it was only Claire and Blade present she just smiled. She walked in. "Hey, Blade. Do you know where they sent şoc?" She questioned. Blade glanced at her briefly, and gave her a single nod. Roxy grinned. "And where is he?" She inquired. Blade just turned back to watch where he was going. Roxy frowned and looked at Claire. "Get him to answer me." She said. "He already did. He is where we are heading now." Claire replied and Roxy made a O with her mouth. "Can we take a real brief detour?" She asked. Claire tilted her head. Roxy quickly pulled Claire out of the room. "Marissa is your best friend right?" Roxy asked and Claire nodded. "I'm trying to get her a shot with şoc right now. Can you talk him into getting her first? Just tell him she's from that planet originally and wants to get a few necessities or visit her family or something." Roxy said. Claire seemed unsure. "You want her to be happy like us and give her the chance to have what we have don't you?" Roxy pushed. Claire nodded slowly. Roxy smiled. Claire and Roxy both went back in with Blade then. "Sweet Seară?" Claire said quietly. Blade looked at her instantly as he trilled. "Can we stop by the mothership to pick up Marissa?" She asked. Blade tilted his head with a chuff and Claire nearly had a heart attack. She had to resist the urge to tackle him and cuddle him right then and there. "The planet where we are going, she used to live there. She just wanted to grab a few things. And say goodbye to her family since ya know... It's not really safe for her anywhere until this mess is sorted or forgotten." Claire said quietly. Blade stared at her silently for a while. "She won't get involved with our mission. Also I will have it taken care of long before she'll be ready." Claire added. Blade just continued to stare so Claire approached him. She hugged his arm, pressing against him. "Please, sweet Seară?" She pleaded with a slight pout. Blade chuffed at her again, and dipped his head once. Claire smiled and she kissed his cheek and mandibles. Roxy grinned and sent a message to Marissa. Blade eventually docked his ship in the mothership after their detour. Marissa was waiting. As soon as she was on board he undocked and then continued towards their destination. Roxy was there to greet Marissa. "It wasn't easy to make this happen. So you have to shoot your shot, Rissy." She said. Marissa nodded. Claire sent a message to Marissa next. It was the location of şoc's ship. A while later, they landed on the planet. "I will not be directly with you, but I will be close by just in case." Blade signed. Claire smiled and activated her armor. While she did that Blade put his Bio-Mask on. The pair grabbed each other's hands interlocking their fingers. They cloaked and then exited the ship. Marissa was supposed to wait to go to her home until after Blade and Claire returned. However, they were close to şoc where they were now. Roxy and Marissa both ended up sneaking off of the ship. Roxy only took her to his vessel and no further. "Alright from here it is on you. Remember you are the one in control here. Do not back down from him or give him an edge. That includes when he growls at you. The best way to get them to shut up is with a kiss." Roxy said as she winked. "It makes them freeze. None of them know what it is so they have to process and try to comprehend it first." She added. Marissa nodded. Roxy then left Marissa at şoc's ship to head back to Blade's.

Meanwhile Claire and Blade had gotten to the building the human male was in. As the Yautja always did, Claire was hidden in rafters. She gazed down at the scene below her. It appeared to be an event hall of some kind. There was a stage, and a lot of booths and tables around. There was an open bar as well. The lighting was dim, with only candles at each seating area. The bar was well lit mostly by LED strips lining the counter and the shelves housing the booze and liquor. Claire was scanning the seated crowd. They all seemed to be wealthy men and women. The somehow the already dim room just got dimmer as the stage lit up. It was then that the man they were hunting stepped up to the podium with a microphone. "We have a special treat for you folks today. We ask that you please stay until the end when we present our most prized item today. Let's start shall we?" He said. To Claire's horror they brought out an entirely nude female. Based on her body language and her expression she was drugged out of her mind. They began to auction her off to the highest bidder. They repeated the process multiple times with all genders and species. It was just a more VIP exclusive version of trafficking and she was seeing red. She sent a message to Blade. "If we kill him now will they all be freed? Or do I have to wait to make that happen." Blade saw on the edge of his vision a message from his mate. He replied back. "To truly free them, you would need to kill everyone in this building before this is over." He informed her. "Then we kill them all." Claire replied and Blade trilled. His mate was just making him prouder and prouder. Without truly being Yautja, she undoubtedly represented all they stood for. Blade didn't answer her last message, but he didn't have to. She knew her sweet Seară. Therefore she knew he most likely just trilled and was turned on by her again. Claire smiled below her mask as she felt her cheeks redden. Before they knew it, it was the end of the auction. The final item the man was so proud of made Claire's blood boil. It was a Yautja, but he was clearly very young, and very sedated. He had to be the same age as Seară's baby brother that was killed. The human equivalent of a thirteen or fourteen year old.  He was also absolutely beautiful. He looked like a Blue poison dart frog with the smooth skin to match. Claire had no idea they could be colorful, or even smooth like that. She found they were mostly varying shades of neutral and earth tones, and their skin was mostly that of an alligator in texture. She was discovering that black ones like Blaze, Blade or Noian were rare. A blue one like this boy, had to be as rare, if not rarer, than an albino human. "This is our final product ladies and gentlemen. The ever-elusive Yautja race. The first one to ever be captured and live long enough to be sold. As you can see he is young so you can mold him to become whatever you want. What is our first bid?" He asked smugly with a grin and the people began their bidding. Claire decided their time to strike had come. She extended her arm. After loading the blade, she launched it. The blade shot out from her gauntlet, slicing through the air, and ended up stabbing through the man's heart. He collapsed and died on the spot. Of course the people screamed as they all rushed out of their seats, or took cover. Claire aimed her plasma castor. Firing at the ceilings by all doors, the debris fell and blocked all exits. Meanwhile the people were all screaming and scrambling to escape. Naturally failing as Claire had just cut them off. They began sprinting for the elevator. Again Claire fired her castor, and she destroyed the elevator. After that she leaped from out of the rafters and into the crowd with her cloaking still on. Blade joined her. However while she satisfied her version of blood rage, he went to the young Yautja on stage. He broke him from his confines. When he did the young Yautja began to collapse in a heap. Blade caught him, and he lowered him down gently. After that he began to aid his mate in slaughtering every soul in the building, excluding those enslaved.

At the end Claire's armor was covered in blood. However, she wasn't done just yet. She began stripping the deceased and rummaging through their pockets and purses. She even broke into the cash register at the bar. Each enslaved person received clothing, and also money. She removed a jacket from one of the largest men she could find. With that jacket she went to the stage and covered the still unconscious young blood. She couldn't help but gently stroke his tendrils. He may be a little large and so it may look odd, but Yautja or not he was only a child. She wondered what he went through or what he saw. From her own experience, and seeing what Blade's people endured she could guess. Tears flowed from her eyes. Blade approached her. He placed a hand on her shoulder as he cooed. Claire looked up at him. "We are taking him right?" She sniffled. Blade nodded once. Claire smiled, standing up she hugged him tightly. Blade hugged her too. Afterwards Claire made an anonymous call to local authorities. The emergency responders got all of the enslaved out. The police were divided between investigating and questioning the witnesses. Then of course paramedics were treating the wounds of the victims. While that was happening, Blade and Claire were heading back to the ship. Blade carrying the unconscious boy in his arms. Claire had sent a message to Nadia asking her to have some clothing available. Nadia was a little confused, but did as Claire asked, and prepared some Yautja attire with Blaze and Archer's help. Soon Blade and Claire returned and the clothing request made sense as Blade carried the child inside. Archer did a physical exam to make sure he was okay. "How is he?" Claire questioned. "Very sedated among other things, but mostly fine." Archer replied. Claire nodded sighing in relief. The three females were just in awe staring at the young male. The Yautja woke up, his eyes opening. Much like the frog he resembled, his eyes were solid black from a distance. He snapped himself into a sitting position. The second he saw humans close to him he began growling as he backed up and stood. Standing like this, he was Claire's height at five feet and six inches. Blade just stepped around Claire blocking her from his view. The young blood was just continuing to stare as if he could see right through Blade. His gaze then began darting between all three humans. Blade just grabbed him, pulling him in for a hug. Like they all did, the boy tensed. However, he soon relaxed and even hugged Blade too when he came back to his senses. Archer began clicking to communicate with the child. Blaze grabbed the clothing and handed it to him. The young boy took it. He took off the jacket, the three women of course turned around. He put on their loincloth, neck guard, braided belt, and the metal cuffs. Pressing the button the black netting wrapped around him as well.

"Where is your clan?" Archer asked in their language. "I am the last." He replied. Archer nodded. "Your name?" He questioned. "Sineală." He answered. Archer nodded once more. "I am Gheaţă. This is my brother Zgură, and our comrade Seară. And our mates, Roxeanne, Nadia, and Claire." Archer said.  Sineală nodded. He looked at the human females and dipped his head. They all smiled at him. Claire had to smile through tears though. Sineală tilted his head. "I am so sorry about your family and for what happened to you." She sniffled. She spoke English, but thanks to their implant it translated to the Yautja language. Sineală visibly perked a little. Impressed and shocked at the ability to understand her. Claire smiled brighter. After all the introductions, the group was all set to leave. However, Marissa still hadn't returned, so Roxy stopped them. "You told her to wait to go out until you guys got back. We have to give her time." She said. The Yautja nodded. The three girls huddled together. "We need a nickname for the young one now. Sineală is a mouthful." Roxy said. Nadia and Claire giggled, nodding. "Considering what he looks like, can't we just say Dart?" Nadia questioned. Roxy shook her head. "It's not working for me." Claire nodded in agreement. "Can we be basic and say Sky or Azure? Even Venom or Shark." Claire mentioned. "I kind of like Sky." Nadia said. Roxy nodded. "Wish we knew more about his personality to see if Venom fits." Roxy added and the other two nodded again. "I'm stuck between Sky and Shark" They said together and giggled. "To give him some dignity when he's grown, maybe Shark?" Nadia said. Claire and Roxy giggled, but they agreed. They all looked at Shark. "Your real name is nice, but we are giving you a nickname. We're going to call you Shark." Roxy said proudly. Sineală just looked confused. Their three mates just shook their heads. "They think our names are hard so we all have 'nicknames' that they call us." Archer clarified and Shark nodded understanding.

Marissa was waiting for şoc and very much getting bored with it. Finally she saw the light bending weirdly, and also moving and she knew then that he had arrived. He and the ship uncloaked as he powered it up, and opened his ship's ramp. He ran up the ramp and boarded. Marissa came out from behind the tree. When the ramp began closing she sprinted to it and leaped inside of the vessel. She no sooner was able to stand before she had to duck as one of his wrist blades swiped just inches above her face. şoc was beginning to attack again, but he paused when he recognized her. "What are you doing here? You should not be here." He stated, very much on edge. Marissa opened her mouth to speak, but the echos of shots rang out. şoc growled and quickly left her heading to the command center. He began his take off immediately. They didn't make it very far off the ground before the ship began to jerk as it was fired upon. şoc quickly activated his ship's shield. Marissa got thrown forward by the blasts and she screamed. Although her scream was cut short when her head hit against a protruding part of the wall, and she fell unconscious. şoc made his ship cloak itself, of course with his shield still activated. Then he banked around the ship in pursuit of him sharply. The ship flew right passed. şoc made his ship turn one hundred and eighty degrees, leveling it out once he was behind his attacker. He fired up his ship's weapons system then. As soon as it was warmed and ready he began to open fire. He launched one plasma canon after another, making sure each strike counted. It didn't take long for the engines of the other vessel to either explode or catch fire. The result was multi-system failure. şoc watched as the ship took its fiery nose dive, falling from the sky. It collided with the ground. Large flames erupted, engulfing the vessel, and thick black smoke filled the sky from the explosive wreckage. şoc ascended back into outer space. He pulled up the cameras on his vessel, scanning through them until he saw Marissa's unconscious form. He set his ship to autopilot and quickly made his way to her. He lifted her up taking her to the med-bay. He laid her on a table and looked at the wound on her head. He grabbed a few gauze sponges, wetting them with a decontamination solution. He cleaned her wound for her. Once it was properly sterilized, he pulled out the sponge that disinfected and numbed at the same time. He dabbed it on her wound as well. After stapling the wound together, he covered it with the numbing sponge. However this one also had adhesive on the edges so it stuck to her. After that he sat with her waiting for her to wake up.

Eventually Marissa woke up. Raptor was sitting next to her, and doing their usual meditation. Marissa sat up looking at him. She took in his body. His waist was smaller than the others, but his chest and shoulders were still broad. He also had their eight pack abs, which to this point she just accepted was a Yautja thing. Now that his armor was off she could see all the details Roxy bragged about, as far as their bodies being carved by gods was concerned. Their bodies were a ten out of ten, but it was their face, mostly their teeth that threw her off. She couldn't see any tongue, yet Roxy said they had them. So where was it? Or was this one a different race of that species and so he didn't have one. She almost wanted to open his mouth to check but she had a feeling she'd lose a hand or fingers at the very least. They also said he was a biter. Marissa cleared her throat to suppress her urges. But that is very hot. She said internally. Hearing her, Raptor opened his dark eyes as he glanced at her. Marissa continued staring at him taking in his coloration now. He definitely resembled the East Indian Leopard Gecko as they said. He had a ring of white around the crown of his head. She noticed that where their tendrils were usually solid black, his started white at the base and then turned black. His back was black, but his sculpted abdomen was white. He had two, thick, yellow, horizontal stripes on his back as well. The first was just below his shoulder blades, and the second was his lower back. A small part of it disappeared under his belt. Marissa was curious about just how far down it went. Lastly, his arms were black. His legs, however, were only mostly black. His inner thighs were the same white as his abdomen. Now she was curious how far down the white of his abdomen went. "What are you doing here?" Raptor finally spoke breaking her from her trance. Marissa looked at him. Her mind thinking back to what Roxy said. Roxy said be assertive. "What are you doing here?" She retorted. Raptor just looked confused and taken aback. "It's my ship. If not here, where else would I be?" He said dumbfounded. Marissa couldn't help but snort and she quickly covered her mouth. Raptor narrowed his eyes. "I'm here to help." Marissa said. Again Raptor was confused. "Getting a concussion is an odd way to help, human." He said bluntly as he stood up. Marissa reached out grabbing his hand on instinct. Their skin was smoother than she thought it was going to be, and they were also a lot warmer than she thought. She understood why Nadia chose to cuddle Blaze when they first met them now. "I mean help keep you company." She said. Raptor pulled his hand away. "I need no company. You came with the rest, yes? I will return you." He stated. Marissa simply grabbed his hand again, holding it tighter. She gave a firm tug and then Raptor was inches from her face. "Do not do that." She said in her dominatrix voice. Raptor seemed speechless. Marissa then pulled him the rest of the way down. Good thing about medical tables, they came with their own cuffs for restraint. Before Raptor could react she had his wrists cuffed. When he tried to get up he didn't get very far. He began to growl as he yanked against the restraints. While he was busy trying to break from the wrist restraints, she made sure to secure his ankles as well. Marissa stood up proud of herself. Meanwhile, Raptor was getting pissed. The way his eyes snapped to hers, the fire behind them, she could tell he wanted to kill her. Truth be told if looks could kill she'd be dead already. "I will return to them on my own terms and when I want to." She stated as she looked down at him.

Raptor was absolutely fuming. Once again he was strapped down to a damn table by a pathetic human. A female at that! As if it wasn't insult enough, she was even the weakest one in their group. If she were one of the human mates it'd make at least a little sense. This, however, made no sense. He hadn't stopped growling since she tied him down, he also hadn't stopped giving her that defiant and murderous, predatory gaze. "Here's the deal. I'm going to be with your kind for quite some time. A woman has needs. Archer refused Roxy until after she agreed to be his mate. So, I'll be your mate if that's what it takes to fulfill my own needs." She stated. Raptor narrowed his dark eyes at her. "If you want to keep your spine you will release me, and return to your friends, female." He seethed. Roxy raised a brow. "I believe I have the upper hand here, male. I don't think you are in the position to make threats or demands." She said as she approached him. "So what do you think? Mates or not?" She questioned. "Not. I will never stoop so low as to take a weak human for a mate." He spat. "So, you think Archer, Blaze and Blade stooped low by taking my friends as theirs?" Marissa questioned. "Their mates are not weak. But you are." He said plainly. Marissa scoffed. "I may not have killed a serpent with just a knife or your spear thing, but I did kill some. If I didn't, I wouldn't have gotten any rewards from the chief. Besides that, I'm not the one restrained to a table. As it stands now, I could kill you, I could dissect you, and you would be able to do nothing." She said smugly. Raptor just growled louder, not backing down at all. "Then do it, female. Don't just stand around talking about it." He ground out. Marissa was shocked to say the least. She quickly recovered. "I don't want to kill you, I want to make you mine and fuck you. There's a difference." She stated. Raptor just stared at her defiantly. "Be mine or not?" She asked. Raptor merely continued his defiant glare. She smiled. "The more defiant you are, the more I want you. You should try with me before you say no. If you hate it I won't bother you ever again. But if you like it, then you're mine. Or are you afraid of me?" She said smugly. Raptor growled. "I'm afraid of nothing, least of all you." He snapped. Marissa smiled more. "You accept?" She questioned. Raptor growled, but he nodded. "Good." She said and she released his cuffs. The second she did, Raptor was off the table before she could blink, and his hand was around her throat as he held her up and tightened the grip. He roared just a few inches from her face. Marissa was terrified and struggled for a few seconds, until she remembered Roxy's advice. This was a test, and she was about to fail. Marissa looked into his eyes, no longer struggling, and reflecting his same defiance. "Do it. Don't just stand there." She choked out. Raptor loosened his grip, and he lowered her back to her feet before he let her go. He dipped his head to her, then walked to the command center. When he was out of sight Marissa released the breath she didn't know she had been holding, and she gasped. "That was terrifying." She said to herself with wide eyes. Then she smiled. She followed Roxy's advice and now she had a chance.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

202K 9K 32
After a life altering event that left her bloody and broken, Zena vows to never let herself be that weak again. She needs no one to defend herself. S...
176K 7.4K 33
Leoni, who's been used as a science experiment for Weyland-Yutani Industries, escapes the facility she's being held at when an extraterrestrial attac...
528K 15.7K 35
Artemis is artificially inseminated with the child of a Yautja and when she meets the father, an Elder Yautja named Rhage, they form a bond between o...
22.1K 986 31
Rae had never believed in fate or destiny. Her father had once said stories were shaped by choice, that she had the power to carve out her own path...