As His World Changed (MxM)

By PSophieB98

"What type of creature?" "We are the ones who suffer from lycanthrophy or what you call half man, half wolf... More

Before you read!
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33

Chapter 19

555 28 4
By PSophieB98

During dinner, the soccer game was all everybody could talk about. Niel felt great pride as some of the pack members never spoke of him, not even wanting to look at him merely because he was human was now agreeing with the compliments that were shared about their teamwork.

Niel didn't listen for long as he realized he needed to come to terms with the fact he wasn't ever going to play soccer pro. He had already gone through these emotions when he was benched, but then he still had a small sparkle of hope. Now he knew that sparkle was burned out and he had to give it a place, so he wouldn't bottle up frustrations and anger. This was his life now.

The past weeks were one of the most terrible ones he had ever experienced, apart from the death of his brother. And Niel didn't want to live in that depressing state of mind anymore. But it was hard. He could still feel the rush of the game they had played just over an hour ago.

Niel was brought back to reality by a soft touch of Atlas. The Alpha had put his hand over Niel's and softly caressed it. He could see his mate struggling in his head. "Everything all right?"

The teenage boy nodded his head. As he wanted to continue eating he noticed the hand of the Alpha laying on his own. Niel was surprised. He didn't despise Atlas' touch as he thought he would do. Also, their skin touching was a weird sensation. Tingling. Niel took Atlas' hand in his own and felt the sensation spreading. It gave him a sense of... home.

When Niel noticed he was holding the Alpha's hand he quickly let go, a slight blush spreading over his cheeks.

Atlas couldn't help but chuckle. He was delighted by the curiosity of his mate. He knew the mark enhanced the mate bond and knew as well that Niel would feel a stronger pull towards him as he already did for Niel. "It's all right, you can hold my hand." The teenager ignored the Alpha and continued on with his eating.

Niel rushed three bites into his mouth when he thought about how much he had eaten that day. Midway through his fourth bite after his embarrassing moment, he stopped. Maybe he had enough, the teenager thought. Maybe he should work out after this.

Atlas noticed Niel abruptly stopped eating. He grew concerned but didn't want to overstep to push his mate further away from him. Carefully he said, "If you want more you can, there is enough."

Niel hummed. "I am full though."

Atlas looked at him skeptically, he knew humans ate less than werewolves did, but wasn't it too little what Niel ate? He shook the thought away. Niel knows how much he needs, the Alpha thought.

That evening Atlas stood more or less awkwardly on the threshold of his own bedroom, of their bedroom. When the teenager noticed him he tilted his head and looked at him skeptically. Niel didn't know if he was ready to be so close so soon, alone.

"I was wondering if I could sleep here again."

Niel took a step back, "What if... what if you lose control like last time?"

"I won't, I promise,"

Niel quirked up a brow. "How can I believe you?"

"The only thing that I can say is that because you are marked I don't have that animalistic urge anymore to claim... what is mine. But that is a rational answer. My other answer is that I never meant to hurt you and I never, ever, want to go through that again."

Niel stayed quiet, pondering over the words that were just spoken.

"Also, I slept terribly the last two nights and I bet you did too."

Yes, of course, the teenager thought. He blamed his lack of sleep on the traumatic events, what else could it even be? But what Niel didn't know was how he was marked the bond between them started to grow, and especially in the early days of creating the bond mates crave for one another, and need to be close to one another.

Niel thought back on the words of Katherine, about trying to like Atlas to make his stay, his life better, easier. He doubted everything she had said, but as he was trying to give it a place to let his dreams behind him, it would be good as well to give Atlas a chance. But as friends, he wasn't gay after all.

"Fine, but you need to stay on your side of the bed," The teenager spoke sternly.

The Alpha wanted to laugh as he found it adorable, but listened nevertheless. Silently they both got ready for bed. When they were ready Niel got in the bed on the right side and Atlas on the left and it took everything in the werewolf not to grab his mate close to him.

Luckily for him, when Niel fell asleep he slowly made his way to Atlas until the teenager had his face buried in Atlas' chest. It was then the Alpha felt finally at ease to fall asleep and took his mate into his arms.

The next morning Niel woke up first. He soon noticed how he was wrapped up in the arms of Atlas. He grew irritated until he noticed it was him who moved to the Alpha's side. Niel felt embarrassed. He wanted to escape the big muscled arms but was stopped by the sight in front of him.

The teenager had never seen the Alpha sleeping and it was mesmerizing. His long, silky black hair was sprawled over the pillow and his face, which was very tempting to touch, Niel could see a tiny scar on his eyebrow. It was too small to notice from far away, but being so up close he could see it. Niel wondered what caused that scar.

Carefully he ran his fingers through his mate's hair. It felt just as soft as it looked. It calmed Niel in a way he couldn't explain himself. A small part of him still hated the guy in front of him, hated how Atlas had ripped him away from his family, his life. But it got silenced every time they were close to each other.

When the teenager was snapped back to reality he carefully made his way out of bed and got ready for a gym session. He needed to work out more. Niel had noticed his muscles looked less defined when he saw himself in the mirror the day before.

Finding suitable clothes for himself was difficult but when he had everything he made his way downstairs. While walking he looked through his playlists and picked on out that would match his workout session the best.

Upon entering the gym Niel noticed he was one of the few people there, with the exception of some pack members who were early birds as well. It was only 6.30 am after all. Niel chose the treadmill to start with and once starting he tuned out of the world.

Two hours in and Niel couldn't feel his fatigue, the sweat streaming down his body, and the thirst his body felt for water. He went up into the music and kept on working out until he was suddenly brought to a stop, it was Atlas. The Alpha stood beside him while he was lifting weights and talking. Words Niel didn't hear because of his music.

When Niel got his earbuds out he heard, "... couldn't find you. Do you know how worried I was?"

The teenager tilted his head confused. "What's up?" He finally settled on asking.

Atlas sighed, his eyes wandering off to the earbuds dangling from Niel's shoulders. "I asked, why you didn't wake me up? I couldn't find you anywhere. I was worried sick."

Niel made a low 'oh' sound and put his weights down. He noticed Atlas was serious and wasn't just being his silly obsessive self, but his frustrated possessive self.

"I didn't want to wake you up this morning. You looked... peaceful," Niel tried to sound caring, knowing that would calm Atlas down. Well, hoping it would.

The Alpha's frustration went down upon hearing those words and a small smile played on his lips. "Well that was very thoughtful of you Niel, but next time wake me up or leave a note, okay?"

Niel didn't understand why it was so important but nodded his head as he hummed a small 'okay'. The teenager was just about ready to continue his workout again, putting the earbuds in when Atlas stopped him. "I think you have done enough by the looks of you." Niel sighed. "I think I know when I am done, and I am not." The teenager grew annoyed and picked up his weights again.

Atlas didn't think twice and took the weights from his mate. He could see the exhaustion on Niel's body. And he had already asked through the pack link the members who were there in the gym for how long he was and the results said Niel was there over two hours now.

"Give them back."

Atlas put the weights back on the rack and as he turned around he stated, "You have had enough." He grabbed a bottle of water and handed it to Niel. "Did you even have a sip of water during your workout?"

The teenager grabbed the bottle aggressively from Atlas. "That's none of your concern. Can you stop bossing me around?"

"I am looking out for you, Niel."

"And that's fine, but if I say I am good, I am good," Niel gritted out through his teeth. He really tried with this guy but this dominant behavior started to bother him more and more. The teenager tried to avoid conflict here. He really did. Niel didn't like conflict, he tried to avoid it his whole life. Living like a shadow was the best according to the teenager. But living like that, here, was impossible and it bothered him. It bothered him more than the biggest guy here put him in the spotlight every time, just like now.

Everybody there was looking at them. Niel started to fumble with the hem of his shirt absentmindedly. And looked anywhere but Atlas.

"You are not good Niel, I know it. Now go take a shower, breakfast should be ready." Atlas put a towel around Niel's neck and guided him towards the exit. The teenager had clenched fists but didn't want to put on a show by going against the Alpha again.

Once he came downstairs for breakfast Niel felt he cooled down and was ready to face Atlas for breakfast. Only the Alpha found another way to irritate the teenager. During breakfast he couldn't serve his own plate, it was done by Atlas. And it was filled to the brim. Way to much food according to Niel. All the work this morning would be for nothing if he ate all the food that was now in front of him.

"Here, eat up," Atlas smiled.

Niel forced a smile as well and just started eating. But when he stopped because one it was too much and two, it was too much! Atlas commented on it. "Come on, eat some more. You need it."

"I am full."

Atlas pushed the plate a bit closer to Niel, "Come one, just a few more bites."

The teenager refused to respond or to eat. He remained silent. Breakfast went on and Niel stayed put. Soon the Beta took interest in the bacon that was left on the teenager's plate as it was the last few pieces.

"My man! Can I have, maybe, your bacon?" He carefully asked.

Before Niel could reply Atlas interjected. "No, Levi, Niel has to eat it."

"Come on man, it just sitting there. Niel, are you going to eat it? Yes or no?"

Again Atlas interjected, "Levi," He started sternly. "Niel has to eat it."

Niel was done with this whole discussion. "Levi you can have it, I am not gonna eat all of this." And before Atlas could intervene Niel turned to the Alpha and said, "Are you my father too next to being my mate?"

Niel could hear Levi snicker behind his bacon. Atlas was pissed but let it slide for now as he didn't want to make another scene as well. The Alpha had hoped things would grow smoothly after last night. But it felt they were back at square one. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

156K 5.3K 28
Branson Williams, it's his last year in school, and he finds out who his mate is this year. He is openly gay, so he's not surprised when his mate tur...
433K 17.4K 47
-COMPLETE-(BxB) It was just supposed to be a simple camping trip. It was supposed to be a time where Aiden could take some time out and get away fro...
26.6K 688 21
bxb "do you want me to stop?" Leo says, making my entire body shake. I try and make some words come out of my mouth but nothing's happening. My breat...
158K 4.9K 35
"A soulmate." He starts, his voice bounces off the wall of the empty room. "There is nothing more beautiful in the world than them, for they are the...