Scared to be Lonely

By writersmendes

Shawn and Camila, friends -or so they say- since they were 17 years old. What happens when they get into an a... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Epilogue

Chapter 31

436 22 0
By writersmendes

Camila sighed as she watched the teenager behind the till thumble around with the change in his hand. "You'll have to wait a minute for your coffee," He stuttered. "The machine just got refilled."

She flashed him a small smile and stepped to the side to let the person behind her order. Checking the time on her phone, she looked around the shop and stopped her eyes on the back of Shawn's head. He was sitting on a chair facing away from her with his phone pressed to her ear and she could tell he was in deep conversation.

He had rushed off to the side when his phone rang mumbling something about a job interview and leaving her waiting in the line for her coffee- which she hoped wouldn't take much longer as they had to pick Scarlett up from school soon.

She turned back to the register to see an older, more experienced looking woman hand her the coffee. She took it, smiling at the woman, and made her way over to Shawn. She stopped behind him however, when she heard what he was saying. "Thanks Sinu," He spoke. "And don't say anything to her."

Camila's eyebrows furrowed even more as she heard what he was saying. It didn't sound like anything to do with a job interview unless her mom was giving Shawn a job at her office, but she didn't get why they would keep that a secret.

Shawn ended the call so she stepped around and made her presence known. "Oh, hey." He grinned, clearly unaware she had heard the backend of his conversation. "Are you ready to go get Scar?"

She nodded as he stood up. "Who was on the phone?" She asked.

"Oh, it was just about a job interview." He shrugged, reaching for her hand to take as they started walking to his car.

Camila nodded and wondered why he was lying and what he was keeping as surprise from her.

"What are we doing later?" Shawn asked, breaking her thoughts as they reached his car and he made his way around to the other side.

Camila hopped in the passenger side and set her coffee in the cup holder. "You didn't want anything did you?" She asked, suddenly remembering she hadn't asked him when she went to order. He shook his head and started the ignition, waiting for her answer. "I was thinking," She began and he knew instantly by her tone that he wasn't going to like it. "Scar keeps pestering me about going shopping and Brian and Megan's engagement party is next week and she doesn't have anything to wear to it."

Shawn looked over at her puppy eyes and rolled his own. "You want to go to the Mall?" He asked, already knowing the answer. Camila nodded, knowing there was no way he'd be able to say no to her and Scarlett. "Fine," He mumbled. "We might as well get something to eat there too."

•••••

"Do you need any help?" Camila called through the closed curtain of the children's changing room that Scarlett was behind.

"I can do it by myself." She said, causing Camila to move over to Shawn who was sat on the armchair, patiently waiting.

"She won't let me help her." Camila muttered as she sat herself on his knee and let him wrap his arms around her as she draped one arm around his shoulders.

"She's trying to be independent." Shawn grinned, nuzzling her cheek.

"I know, but she's growing up too fast," Camila mumbled. "And that dress costs ninety-five dollars, I'm scared she'll rip it."

Shawn's eyes widened at the price.

Before they could say anything else, the curtain opened and Scarlett walked out dressed in a pale pink dress with a red rose print and a red bow at the front. "Does it look nice?"

Shawn pursed his lips as he looked at his daughter. In that moment as Scarlett looked up at him with a excited grin on her face and dressed in something new she looked so much like Camila. Her hair glistened and her dimples lit up her cheeks. "You look like a Princess."

Camila sat there with a proud pout on her face, "Gorgeous, baby."

Scarlett giggled at them and came closer so one hand was leaning on Camila's knee and one on Shawn's. "Can I have it please?" She asked. "For Brian's party."

"Of course you can." Shawn didn't hesitate to answer, watching as her face lit up again and she twirled around before she was running back into the changing room.

"You spoil her." Camila told him, laughing at how easily he gave in to Scarlett. "She's got you wrapped around her little finger."

"Like you could have said no when she had that smile on her face." He defended himself, patting her back and encouraging her up. "Im hungry, can we go for food now?"

"We'll get the dress and find somewhere to eat." She nodded, standing up and stepping towards the changing room. "What do you want?"

Shawn's arms found their way back around her waist as his stomach rumbled. "Pizza." He replied simply.

"Me too," She mumbled as they waited for Scarlett. When she was changed back into her normal clothes and they paid for the dress they made their way to a restaurant.

Camila and Scarlett both took seats opposite each other at the table as Shawn grabbed the menu's from the side. He pulled out the seat next to Camila but Scarlett stopped him. "Don't sit next to mommy, sit next to me." She instructed, patting the chair next to her.

He looked between the two girls trying to decide where to sit before he made up his mind and stepped over to Scarlett's side. She stuck her tongue out at Camila until she felt Shawn's arms around her waist and he lifted her up. He sat her back down on the seat next to Camila before returning to the other side. "Now I can see both your pretty faces."

Camila laughed at him and shook her head slightly as she handed Scarlett the child's menu. "You're so cheesy."

He grinned at them both and looked down at his menu. "I want a pepperoni pizza." Scarlett announced before Camila even had the chance to read her the menu.

"Okay," Camila set her own menu down. "Why don't we all get a pizza to share?"

"I only like pepperoni." Scarlett repeated.

"We can share a big pepperoni pizza then." Shawn grinned, setting the menu down and calling over a waiter.

Once they had ordered and their drinks arrived Scarlett moved herself to Camila's knee. "Why is Brian having a party?" She asked.

"Because he asked Megan to marry him so they're having an engagement party to tell people about it." Camila explained.

"Are they having a wedding too?"

"Yep," Camila replied, stroking some of Scarlett's hair out of her face. "But it won't be for a while because they have to plan it first."

"Will I be a bridesmaid? 'Coz I was going to be one when you married Joshua but now you're not." Scarlett mumbled, sticking her bottom lip out slightly.

"Why don't I talk to Brian and see if he can find you something?" Shawn suggested.

"Yeah!" Scarlett cheered, reaching up to wrap her arms around his neck and hugged him tightly. Then she settled back on his knee again as they waited for the pizza.

"Mommy, what are you wearing to the party?"

"I don't know."

"You should buy a new dress." Scarlett suggested.

"You should." Shawn agreed with a smirk. "I'll buy it for you."

"No, you don't need to." She shook her head. He was supposed to be saving money, they both were.

"I do." He grinned, watching as she tried with all her might to decline, but eventually gave in.

"Fine." She gave in with a small smile in her face. "If you insist."

•••••

"How's it look?" Shawn asked as he pushed aside the curtain if the changing room to find Camila standing in just her bra and panties.

She bit her lip and looked over to the pile of black material on the floor that Shawn had picked out. "Honestly?" She asked and he already knew what she was going to say. "It's one of the most hideous dresses I have ever seen."

Shawn's face fell. He hadn't been expecting it to be that bad. Camila immediately felt bad and stepped closer to him, looping her arms around his waist. "That bad?" He chuckled.

She nodded and let out a small smile as she pressed a kiss to his nose. "It makes me look like a potato."

They only pulled away when Camila felt someone tapping her stomach. "Mommy," Scarlett spoke, breaking her parents apart and wedging herself between them. "I'm bored."

Camila wiped her lips and smiled down at her daughter. "Why don't you help Shawn pick out another dress, because he's not very good at it."

Scarlett grinned and grabbed his hand. "Come on." She lead him out of the changing room and back to the racks of dresses that to him all looked the same.

"What about this one?" He asked, letting go of her hand and pointing to a blue dress.

"That's yucky." Scarlett told him with a grin on her face. "Mommy won't wear that."

He stuck his tongue out at her with a smile on his face as he watched her erupt into giggles. "You pick one then."

She started looking through the racks of clothes again until something caught the five year olds eyes and she disappeared around a corner. Shawn followed her quickly and found her on her tiptoes trying to pull a red dress off the hook. He pulled it down for her and held it up, "You think mommy will like this?"

"Yep." She smiled smugly and started running back to the changing rooms. Shawn followed her and handed Camila the dress before he turned around and spotted Scarlett sat on a chair, waiting. "Come sit down Daddy." She called.

Shawn took one step and then froze as her words sank in. His daughter just called him dad. He wanted to run over to her and throw her into the air with excitement, but decided not to when he looked up and saw her messing with the zip on her coat, clearly unaware of the effect of her words. They must have slipped out so easily for her so he didn't want to make a big fuss incase she didn't do it again.

Instead, he casually walked over and lifted her up so he could sit on the chair and the placed her back in his lap. She wrapped her arms around his neck, smiling and knelt on his thighs so they were face to face. He gripped her tiny waist as one of her hands moved from around his neck to poke his chin and her smile turned into a giggle as she squeezed his face together. "What's so funny?" Shawn asked.

A smile still graced her lips as she reached up and ran her hands along his cheek. "Your cheek is hairy."

"I need to shave." Shawn replied, rubbing his rough cheek against her smooth hand.

Scarlett shook her head and laughed. "I think you should have a long beard, like Santa."

"No way."

"Yes way." She giggled, sticking her tongue out. Her hands went back up to his cheeks and then poured her lips. "I'm gonna give you a kiss." She told him with her fingers still on his cheek. "Coz' Daddies should kiss their babies and I'm your baby."

"Okay," Shawn said and watched as she pouted her own and leant down to give him a sloppy kiss on the cheek.

He overturned the situation and placed one on her cheek instead, making the little girl giggle. "Again!"

Shawn beamed as she pressed kisses to his check while giggling. He pulled back and placed a final kiss on her head before the curtain in front of them was pulled back and Camila stepped out.

Shawn's breath caught in his throat as he looked her up and down, taking in the red dress Scarlett had picked out. "You like?" Camila asked.

Shawn nodded and stood up, moving Scarlett to his hip as he stepped closer to Camila. "Wow." Was all he could get out. She looked so beautiful and sexy all at the same time.

"It's pretty Mommy." Scarlett said as she wriggled out of her fathers arms.

"I'm hoping that was a good Wow." Camila smirked, wrapping her arms around Shawn's neck and pulling him closer.

"That was a very good Wow." He whispered against her lips. She inched forward to join them in a kiss but he held back. "You look amazing. I'm buying it for you."

Camila looked down at his lips and then back into his eyes. "You don't have to, it's like two hundred dollars."

"Camila, there is no way I am not buying you this dress." He pushed his lips against hers before she had the chance to argue. The dress was as much a present for himself as it was for her.

A familiar giggle broke them apart and they looked down to find Scarlett laughing at their feet. "You kiss too loud." She told them.

Shawn pulled away and released his grip on Camila. "Are we done shopping now?" He asked with a small groan.

"Yes." Camila smirked as she made her way back into the changing room.

He started to follow her when he felt Scarlett grab his coat. "Come on Daddy." She tugged a few times before running back to the chair.

"Did she just-?" Camila didn't need to finish her sentence before Shawn was nodding and grinning widely. He pressed one final kiss to her lips before following Scarlett.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

105K 3.4K 34
She's been in love with him since they were kids. One drunken mistake breaks them apart, but will their best friends' wedding bring them back togethe...
1.5K 126 14
" let's get married" The 17 year old suggested marriage to his best friend one night when they were drunk... what happens next?...keep reading to fin...
43K 2.3K 83
Shawn Mendes a single father meets his daughter's teacher, Camila Cabello. They immediately felt drawn to each other, will they fall in love? Or will...
129K 7.5K 59
What happens when a 23 year old struggling artist tries to live a double life? More importantly, what happens when her tall, brown-haired boss starts...