Call Of The Wild. Book ii.

By Maroon1479

Mat is learning everyday what it means to be Alpha. Thinking all her troubles might get solved one step at a... More

part one - i.
part one - ii.
part one - iii.
part one - iv.
part one - vi.
part one - vii.
part one - viii.
part one - ix.
part one - x.
part one - xi.
part one - xii.
part one - xiii.
part one - xiv.
part one - xv.
part one - xvi.
part one - xvii.
part one - xviii.
part one - xix.
part one - xx.
part one - xxi.
part two - xxii.
part two - xxiii.
part two - xxiv.
part two - xxv.
part two - xxvi.
part two - xxvii.
part two - xxviii.
part two - xxix.
part two - xxx.
part two - xxxi.
part two - xxxii.
part two - xxxiii.
part two - xxxiv
part two - xxxv.
part two - xxxvi.
part two - xxxvii.
part two - xxxviii.
part two - xxxix.
part two - xl.
part two - xli.
part two - xlii.
part two - xliii.
part two - xliv.
part two - lv.
part two - xlvi
part two - xlvii
part two - xlviii.
Epilogue.

part one - v.

1K 101 3
By Maroon1479

Mat

I was still awake when the young group came back from their party. I was too nervous about everything to even think of sleeping. I got up from my bed and held my hands out, "Aeriela. Aeriela, where are you? Look, I'm not mad so don't worry." I smelt where the group was coming from and leaned towards the direction.

"Alpha Matilda-" I heard Rascal but I didn't let him finish. I ignored him.

"I'm not mad at any of y'all. Look, I'm still young and know about wanting to be free. I wish I could still go to parties. I hope you all had fun." I said. I smiled, "Aeriela, where are you? Come here, I wanna know if you had fun or not."

"Alpha Matilda," I heard Luna voice and I heard concern in it. That quickly struck something in me to worry.

Devin came beside me, I could smell his scent, "Mat, Aeriela isn't with them."

I quickly froze as I blindly stared in front of me. Finally a dangerous growled escaped passed my lips, "Where is she then?"

Aeriela.

I walked down the wooden path-or what I learned is a train track-frowning. I looked up at the moon, praying to it to help guide me home. I was afraid where it'll guide me though-back to Uncle Ramses or with Mat

Whatever was wrong with me I could feel it slowly going away and there was a headache forming in my head. I was tired to and wanted to sleep on something comfortable. I sat down on the iron of the tracks and brought my head down in my hands. I groaned, rubbing my head.

"Never drink that orange drink again." I complained.

I fell back and lay on the dirt ground. My arms spread out as I stared up at the sky that seemed to be spinning a little faster than usual. I began to stare up at stars but there weren't so many out tonight. I frowned since I loved staring at the stars back out in the wild. In towns or cities I could see as many.

My mind after a while stopped thinking of the pretty bright stars in the sky and shifted to Ulric. My does my heart inside my chest race so much lately at the thought of him. Stupid heart, it should stop beating so quickly. I can't stop thinking of him allot though with his tan skin and nice white teeth that show when he smiles. A smile that seems to make allot of girls hearts race. Harley one of them and I picture them dancing close together. Even though Ulric made it clear he won't be with her, he still want to keep her around.

I wish I knew why he got so mad if he doesn't care. Why would he punch Jason in the face, what made him so angry about a human trying to kiss me?

I can picture Ulric heart not racing for me like mine does for him and it made me angry, confused, and sad. The feeling of rejection was something I never liked. Even though I was Uncle Ramses niece, allot of the members didn't think I belonged there since I was different. I was always told I was too soft and weak. I was the 'Omega' of the group. Maybe that's why Uncle Ramses wanted me to be with Aydin, so maybe at least I would mate with someone strong.

*

I hadn't realized I fallen asleep until I felt something wet on my face. I groaned, turning, and started to fall back asleep. I felt a wet nose on my arm and I groaned, "Stop it." I said, moving the wet nose.

"Aeriela." I heard a familiar male voice. I opened my eyes to see Mat Beta wolf Will looking down at me. "Why are on earth would you fall asleep with your legs still on the train tracks? The train's rides passed every morning. You crazy girl."

I groaned, realizing it was still night and I probably hadn't been asleep for long. "I wanna sleep." I said.

He sighed as he took my arm and lifted me up. He placed me on his back and I wrapped myself around him. Will had nice wide shoulders and he was pretty handsome. He began walking and I placed my cheek on his shoulder as I began to fall asleep again. He smelled nice, wearing something the men in the pack like to 'cologne'. Something about being in Will arms made me feel safer and I wrapped my arms around him tighter.

*

I woke up again when I heard voice and I peeled my eyes open enough to look through my eye hairs. "Oh thank God!" I heard Mat say in relief. "Where was she?"

"Asleep by the train track. She fallen asleep from being drunk and she's lucky I found her before the train torn her legs up." he said. "Other than that, she's fine."

Will pulled me off his back and laid me down on the mattress. I groaned, lifting myself up with my half open eyes and wrapped myself around his neck, "Noo." I whined. "Stay." I pressed my cheek against his warm chest, feeling comfort with him. I didn't want to let go, just wanting to be held.

Everyone got quiet and I didn't care.

"What's happening?" Mat asked. "Why everyone get quiet?"

Will began to pull me away and I quickly shook my head, "No, Will please!"

"Umm, as Alpha I want someone to tell me what's going on!" Mat coldly said, desperate to know what's going on.

Will tried again and I screamed, "No!" I yelled as if holding onto Will meant my life will be saved.

Will moved and raised his hands, "Okay!" he quickly said. "Alright, you win."

"Heello! Blind chick over here and I want to know what's happening!" Mat said, trying again for someone to answer her pleading curiosity. Killian finally answered her but I ignored them as Will lie down on the mattress. I wrapped my arm around him, holding him as I placed my cheek on his chest. I began to back to sleep but I felt a pair of eyes on me. I opened my eyes and looked across me to see Ulric looking at me with shock.

Mat

I leaned closed to Killian, "What is she doing now?" I asked.

"Clinging to Will arm." he said. "He looks annoyed. I wonder what's with the sudden crush for him she has."

I shrugged but I stepped forward, "Alright everyone, I will be back late tonight. Beta William is going to be in charge until I get back. He'll call me if there is any problems and I will rush back quickly. I doubt though there will be any trouble though. You are safe inside the town, I strongly feel they won't attempt anything that will cause concern with humans."

They wished me good luck and have a safe flight to New York. I frowned since I wanted to stay here but as an Alpha now I am required to go. Killian was going with and he took my hand to help lead me out of the building. We went over to a car Nate had arranged to pick us up and lead up to the privet plane.

I squeezed Killian hand, "I'm nervous."

"Everyone going to be fine, we talked about this last night." Killian said, kissing the top of my head.

"No, I mean about the plane. I never been on one." I said. He breathed out hard before quickly and I forced a small on just for laughs and giggles. They made me feel better-for a moment. I rubbed the faint scars on my arms that I was able to hide with bracelets. I haven't cut myself since that last time in Marchand at Devin old home but there is temptation. I try my best to control myself.

Aeriela.

Will cleared his throat, "Aeriela, you can let go of my arm you know." he said.

I frowned but did as he said. I followed behind him like a lost puppy and he stopped, turning around and arched a right eyebrow. I smiled innocently and shrugged, "I wanna go with you."

"Meetings with the other men is just that-for us men. Look, go hang out with the girls or something." he said, making me frown.

"Will, come on." I said. I forced a big smile and took his hand, "You are very nice and kind. I'm sure allot of girls would love to be with you."

He sighed heavily as he turned to me, "Aeriela, what's this about?"

I shrugged, "I know it seems weird of me but-you're real nice Will. I like you allot. You saved me for that bad Hunter when he tried to hurt me and you're always so nice to me. Why don't you have women yet?"

"I'm too busy to be looking." he said, pulling his hand away from me and I frowned. Will is such a good guy, I have been watching him lately. He's big and strong, handsome and well hot, and he seems like a nice mate. Unlike stupid boys like Rascal, Anton, or Ulric. Will wasn't like them, he wasn't into childish behavior.

"I'm sure I would be a good mate-"

"Whoa, let me stop you real quickly!" he said and my frowned deepen. "It's okay to have a crush. It's common for us wolves to date someone maybe a little young. Aeriela, you're fifteen."

"You just recently turned twenty." I said, shrugging. "You're acting as if you were like Aydin who was ten years older."

"Aeriela, you're a nice girl." he said. Oh no, here it comes. Unlike Ulric, Will going to say it. Rejection-that's a word I learned and it was such an ugly word. "Really, you are and I know the boys think you pretty so maybe you should-" he cut himself off when I started to whimper, pouting my bottom lip out, and tears wet my eyes. He opened his mouth again, trying to speak but tears slipped down my face and I lowered my head as I sniffled. "Stop crying."

I brought my hand up to my face as I cried, "No one likes me here, they all think I'm weird. Please Will, you're the only one who's nice to me." I said. I wrapped my arms around his waist, crying into his chest. "All the boys think I'm weird and the girls think I'm a freak. You're a nice guy, I don't wanna be here alone here without Mat."

Will sighed heavily and put his hands on my shoulder, "Aeriela-look, alright. You can come with me to come woods with us and help finish gathering belongings. Okay?"

A big smile grew on my face as I lifted my head from his chest and nodded my head.

*

I went over to my destroyed ripped tent and moved some of the ripped tent sheet away. I grabbed my big purple box that had allot of my things in it life a hair brush, tooth brush and tooth paste, lotion, some round metal things Mat call rings, a few pictures I had taken with Mat, and a few other things I have gotten over the months. I grabbed many of my books that haven't been brought to my and thrown them in a big bag, I loved learning how to read, it was fun. I was embarrassed a little since they were children books and I was fifteen but Mat said I shouldn't be and that learning was all that matters.

"Aeriela." I heard Ulric before his legs appear before me. I lifted my head up to look at him before him bended down on his knees. "Why'd you run off last night? Mat was so pissed at us all."

I shrugged, "I was angry."

"And now?" he asked.

"I'm not." I said. I didn't have much stuff to bring back so I closed the bag and threw it over my shoulder. I grabbed the big purple box but as I stood up the bottom tore apart. It had rain over the last few days but I thought since everything was covered by the ripped tent it would be fine. How wrong I was. I quickly bent down before the picture could get ruined and Ulric bent down, helping grab some of the stuff.

"Here."he said, pulling a bag off from his back and opened it. He put some of my stuff in it, "Look, I didn't mean to make you angry."

"You don't have to pretend you care." I said. I grabbed all my hair and tied it up since it was very humid. My long red hair hanged like a horse tail and when I stood up, it swung.

"I see you have a thing for Bloodworth now." he said, snorting. "He's a Beta, Aeriela. I'm sure he's looking for someone around his age and meet his level. Not some fifteen year old girl who's recently brought in."

My look turned hard and I pressed my lips angrily together, "Shut up." I said. "You don't have anything to say about what my feelings for Will are."

"I'm just trying to help you before you get hurt." he said. "Beta Will talks about a girl name Emma, not you. Just get over it before he hurts you without meaning to."

I scoffed, "Why do you care so much?"

"I don't-just doesn't seem right to string you along. I know I can be a jerk but it's wrong to mess with someone so fragile." he said.

My nose scrunched up as I hit him, "I'm not fragile." I coldly said as I kept hitting him. "You're fragile, I know how to survive! I lived out in these woods, learned how to hunt, and know how to take care of myself. You're fragile-" I had pushed him back to far and his leg got caught from a branch. He grabbed my arm, pulling me down with him, "Ahh!" I fell on top of Ulric and groaned, "You idiot." I said. I placed my hands on the ground, lifting myself up. I looked down at Ulric who had his eyes closed, his head hanging on the side as his head lay against a tree. My eyes widen as I shook his head shoulder, "Ulric, are you okay?" When he didn't open his eyes or respond, my heart beat quicken, "Ulric!"

I grabbed him and pulled him forward. I brought my hand up to his head and felt something hot like liquid. I pulled away and bright red blood covered my fingertips.

"No! No! No!." I screamed. I shook Ulric, "Ulric, stop that! Open your eyes!"

"What happened?" I heard one of the grown wolves ask as they all made their way over.

I grabbed Ulric cheek, shaking his face, "It's not funny! Wake up, please!" Ulric was pulled away from me and I saw blood going down to his neck. My own blood turned cold in my body.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.7M 564K 32
"Y-your H-highness? I-i'm sorry b-but t-there m-must b-be a-a m-mistake..." A loud growl sounded through the whole ballroom causing me to start shaki...
4.9M 258K 34
Those who were taken... They never came back, dragged beneath the waves never to return. Their haunting screams were a symbol of their horrific death...
1.7M 99.9K 66
Narrowly escaping an attack by wolves, Jaylin Maxwell is driven towards the alluring Quentin Bronx. Together, they unleash the beast inside Jaylin's...
10.1M 506K 199
In the future, everyone who's bitten by a zombie turns into one... until Diane doesn't. Seven days later, she's facing consequences she never imagine...