ROSES & THORNS

By Aura_Swan

Isabelle Rose Edward is your charming, beautiful and kind yet clever, witty and confident 23-year-old English... More

- S Y NO P S I S -
a e s t h e t i c s
- 1 -
- 2 -
- 3 -
- 4 -
- 5 -
- 6 -
- 7 -
- 8 -
- 9 -
- 1 0 -
- 1 1 -
- 1 2 -
- 1 3 -
- 1 4 -
- 1 5 -
- 1 6 -
- 1 7 -
- 1 8 -
- 1 9 -
- 2 0 -
- 2 1 -
- 2 2-
- 2 3 -
- 2 4 -
- 2 5 -
- 2 6 -
- 2 7 -
- 2 8 -
- 2 9 -
- 3 0 -
- 3 1 -
- 3 3 -
- 3 4 -
- 3 5 -
- 3 6 -
- 3 7 -
- 3 8 -
- 3 9 -
- 4 0 -
- 4 1 -
- 4 2 -
- 4 3 -
- 4 4 -
- 4 5 -
- 4 6 -
- 4 7 -
- 4 8 -
- 4 9 -
- 5 1 -
- 5 2 -
- 5 3 -
- 5 4 -
- 5 5 -
- 5 5 -
- 5 6 -
- 5 7 -
- 5 8 -
- 5 9 -
- 6 0 -
- 6 1 -
- 6 2 -
- 6 3 -
- 6 4 -
- 6 5 -
- 6 6 -
- 6 7 -
- 6 8 -
- 6 9 -
- 7 0 -
- 7 1 -
- 7 2 -
- 7 3 -
- 7 4 -
- 7 5 -
- 7 6 -
- 7 7 -
- 7 8 -
- 7 9 -
- 8 0 -
- 8 1 -
- 8 2 -
- 8 3 -
- 8 4 -
- 8 5 -
- 8 6 -
- 8 7 -
- 8 8 -
- 8 9 -

- 5 0 -

1.5K 41 1
By Aura_Swan

- A D A M - T H O R N E -

Beautiful, stunning, gorgeous. 

I can't describe her enough. She looks so amazing tonight. 

"Would you like to see my house?" I ask her as we move away from the party.

"Yeah. I'd like that." She gave me a small smile, and I took her hand, leading her out of the fancy ballroom. 

I gave some guards a nod who nodded in understanding, opening the doors for us as we walked out. A few photographers followed us but they were intercepted by the guards.

I lead her up the stairs, showing her my house, leaving my room for last. She followed me around, listening to everything I had to say with rapt attention.

"So you're saying that you tried to kidnap a kitten?" She asked me, disbelief visible on her face and her eyes wide. I chuckled at her.

"Yeah. It was cute, and I was 7. You can't blame me." I told her and she shook her head.

"That doesn't justify what you did. You're a potential kidnapper. Lord knows what you might do to me." She spoke as she sat on the edge of my bed and I smirked.

"What would you like for me to do to you?" I bent down to her eye level, putting my hands on my knees as I looked at her think.

She shrugged her shoulders, and I pushed her back with my right hand. It was a little rough, I have to admit, the way she yelped as she fell back and rested her weight on her elbows. I slowly stood up straight, looking at her lying on my bed.

What a sight.

Loosening my tie, I went forward, hovering over her as her breathing hitched slightly and I smirked.

"What would you like for me to do to you?" I repeated slowly to her and saw her eyes darken ever so slightly.

"Kiss me." Was all she said and all she had to say, because the next moment my lips were on hers as my hands roamed her body and hers roamed mine. 

Her touch did wonders to me, heat rushing down my body as she ignited a fire inside of me.

"Adam..." She moaned lightly when I kissed her neck, leaving a trail of wet kisses before moving to her jaw, then back to her lips. I kissed her roughly, tilting my head to kiss her deeper.

Fuck she s addicting.

She gasped when I bit her lip but then moaned when I ran my tongue over it. I pulled away, needing the air and rested my forehead against hers.

 As I was about to say something, there was a knock on my door and I grunted.

"Who is it?" I groaned in frustration. I swear if it isn't anything good I'm going to kill the person on the other side. 

Rose giggled and I glanced at her, burying my face in the crook of her neck and inhaling deeply.

She smells so good.

When no one answered, a frantic knock was heard again and I growled.

"How the fuck do they know where we are? I made sure no one followed." I said through clenched teeth and Rose sighed.

"Come on Adam. Duty calls." She pushed me off of her and walked to the door, opening it as I huffed like a spoiled child.

"Oh. Ms. Edward, I didn't expect to see you here." Lucas chirped and I walked beside her. The way his face paled told me my expression was enough for him. 

For now. 

Rose turned her head and looked at me with her eyebrow raised. I grinned at her immediately, as if I wasn't just planning to kill the man in front of us.

"What?" I asked her and she sighed, turning to face Lucas.

"How can we help Lucas?" She asked him.

"I.. yes well... Mr. Thorne, your father is calling for you downstairs. He says he has to make an announcement." He spoke and I nodded my head at him.

"Tell him I'll be there in a few minutes." I told him.

"Yes but-..." Lucas started and I closed the door in his face, sighing and turning to Rose with a grin on my face. 

"Now. Where were we?" I asked, pulling her towards me by her waist and holding her tightly.

"We were on our way downstairs." She spoke and I groaned when someone knocked on the door again.

"No. Just a few minutes." I told her.

"Come on Adam." She tried to push me away but my grip only tightened around her, and knocking was heard again.

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes." She said and I sighed, pulling away and placing a kiss on her forehead before opening the door.

"What?" I snapped and Lucas backed away.

"Uh.. Your father is growing impatient. He is saying-.." I cut him off by taking Rose's hand and pulling her out of the room and leading her down the stairs.

"You're so rude." She narrowed her eyes at me and I looked away from her, leading her into the ballroom where my father stood with a champagne glass in his hand.

"Ah, the man of the hour!" He spoke and I rolled my eyes, heading to him.

"You called?" I said, looking at Rose who was talking to some guy we met coming in. 

Who is he anyway?

"Yes, but I'm here, not there." My father said and I looked at him.

"What?" I asked him and he started speaking about something work related that flew over my head as I glanced back at Rose who was now laughing at something the guy told her and I narrowed my eyes at the two. 

What's so funny it made her laugh that much?

I heard my father sigh and I looked at him running a hand over his face. 

"Did you listen to anything I said or were you too busy planning on killing the lad talking to your girlfriend?" He asked and I glanced at him briefly before my gaze went back to her.

"The latter." I told him straightening up when Rose came to me and smiled.

"What's so funny about that guy?" I asked her and her eyebrows furrowed.

"What?" She asked.

"Nothing." I told her and looked at my father who threw a smirk my way. 

"You were saying?" I asked him and he shook his head, trying hard to control his laughter. 

"Nothing son, I'll just announce it." He gave me a wink and clinked his glass, all attention coming over to him.

"This is going to be interesting." Aidan spoke as he walked over to my side.

"How so?" I asked him and he smirked at me.

"You'll see bro." He glanced between me and Rose before briefly smiling mischievously.

Looks like this is going to be interesting.

Everyone looked at my father who stood with a big smile on his face and I waited impatiently, tapping my foot to get this over with.

"I'd like to start off with thanking everyone for coming tonight to this party. I appreciate the time you have taken out of your busy schedules to come here, so thank you. Secondly, I'd like to encourage my son, Adam." He looked at me and I walked over to stand beside him with my champagne glass in hand.

"You've done a great job planning this party all on your own. Your mother would be proud of you today. She loved a good masquerade. Said she loved how anyone could be just anyone here. Good job son." He clapped me on the shoulder and a light applause was heard.

"And to the beautiful woman with my son, my dear Isabelle, come forward will you?" He looked at Isabelle expectantly. 

I saw her falter a bit before she regained her composure and walked towards us and stood beside me.

I put my arm around her waist and saw the various looks being thrown our way.

"I don't know how you've done it, but you've changed my son for the better and I hope your future will be as bright as your dazzling smile as you move on to a new part of your lives and start a new life together, because I've never seen my son more in love." He gave us a mischievous smile and I froze, so did Isabelle.

Did he just imply that we were in... love?

Was I in love?

And somewhere in that sappy speech of his he just announced that Rose and I may or may not be together... permanently... as in... engaged and soon to be married.

Marriage.

"Best wishes to the both of you!" My father spoke and raised his glass, so did everyone else and drank.

I took a large sip while Rose stood there frozen. I could see the terror in her eyes as she searched for an escape. My arm tightened around her.

"Rose? I-..." But she cut me off by raising her hand.

"I need some space to uh... process... all of this...us." She stressed on 'us' more that she should have and I felt a pang in my chest.

Was she second guessing our relationship?

Did she not want to be with me anymore?

What the fuck did she mean by process?

I watched her walk over to her brothers who put an arm around her shoulder and they left. Just like that.

My father came over to me with a few people behind him who shook hands with me and spoke about the most useless things, while my mind wandered off to Rose.

What could she be thinking right now?

The people with me took their leave and my father turned to me.

"Where's Isabelle son?" He asked and my eyes snapped to his.

"She left." I told him

"Why the hell did you tell everyone we were together?" I hissed at him and he frowned.

"Everybody already knows, don't they?" He asked me.

"Yes, but you just implied that I was settling down." I said through clenched teeth and he held up one hand to silence me.

"I spoke of it indirectly, no need to fret over such small things now."

"Small things? Indirectly?" I chuckled at him. "Everyone fucking thinks I'm engaged to her"

"Language. And you need to settle down son. It was about time you did."

"Yeah well thanks for nothing, dad." I hissed and walked away from him, yanking my mask off and throwing it somewhere. 

I left the mansion and went to the front, grabbing my car keys from the valet and drove off into the night.

I stopped at a gas station to fill my tank. God knows where I was. I went out, filling my tank and paying for it, then bought some alcohol downing it in one go as I sat in my car.

What now?

I hit the steering wheel hard. "Fuck!" I shouted, breathing deeply as my father's words rang in my head.

"I've never seen my son more in love."

I chuckled to myself humorlessly as his words rang in my head.

"Bastard thinks I'm in love." Then my grin disappeared as I stared off into the distance.

Love.

Am I in love?

Well fuck.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.9K 258 18
Nora Juniper Harlow has just gotten her heartbroken by the two most important people in her life. So in a quest to start over, she moves in with her...
2.4K 254 35
In the fast paced corporate world, Lucas Knight is the founder and CEO of THE KNIGHTS' CORPORATION. He is a man of action rather than words, and a re...
3.4M 104K 70
( This is the second book of MR. BILLIONAIRE SERIES ) ANGELA ANDERSON is a 24 years old young woman, who is confident, independent, smart, and extrem...
527 56 15
She didn't know losing her bracelet on the street was the answer to all her prayers. Asena Parker a 24-year-old has been working 2 jobs to make ends...