ROSES & THORNS

By Aura_Swan

Isabelle Rose Edward is your charming, beautiful and kind yet clever, witty and confident 23-year-old English... More

- S Y NO P S I S -
a e s t h e t i c s
- 1 -
- 2 -
- 3 -
- 4 -
- 5 -
- 6 -
- 7 -
- 8 -
- 9 -
- 1 0 -
- 1 1 -
- 1 2 -
- 1 3 -
- 1 4 -
- 1 5 -
- 1 6 -
- 1 7 -
- 1 8 -
- 1 9 -
- 2 0 -
- 2 1 -
- 2 2-
- 2 3 -
- 2 4 -
- 2 5 -
- 2 6 -
- 2 7 -
- 2 8 -
- 2 9 -
- 3 0 -
- 3 1 -
- 3 3 -
- 3 4 -
- 3 5 -
- 3 6 -
- 3 7 -
- 3 8 -
- 3 9 -
- 4 0 -
- 4 1 -
- 4 2 -
- 4 3 -
- 4 4 -
- 4 5 -
- 4 6 -
- 4 7 -
- 4 8 -
- 5 0 -
- 5 1 -
- 5 2 -
- 5 3 -
- 5 4 -
- 5 5 -
- 5 5 -
- 5 6 -
- 5 7 -
- 5 8 -
- 5 9 -
- 6 0 -
- 6 1 -
- 6 2 -
- 6 3 -
- 6 4 -
- 6 5 -
- 6 6 -
- 6 7 -
- 6 8 -
- 6 9 -
- 7 0 -
- 7 1 -
- 7 2 -
- 7 3 -
- 7 4 -
- 7 5 -
- 7 6 -
- 7 7 -
- 7 8 -
- 7 9 -
- 8 0 -
- 8 1 -
- 8 2 -
- 8 3 -
- 8 4 -
- 8 5 -
- 8 6 -
- 8 7 -
- 8 8 -
- 8 9 -

- 4 9 -

1.5K 40 2
By Aura_Swan

We drove up to a beautiful mansion adorned with lights and... paparazzi?

I looked out the window while adjusting my mask, a light tea pink color, matching my dress.

"Exactly how big is this party?" I asked my brothers, confused.

"Big enough to host the most important people around." Lance answered while adjusting his mask.

Our car stopped by the entrance and someone opened our door, my brothers getting out while I stayed behind, my nerves getting the best of me.

I can't do this, there's too many people.

I took a few deep breaths when suddenly my door opened and I turned my head to see who it was.

"Rose." Adam called to me with his velvety voice and held out his hand. 

I hesitated at first but then took his hand, getting out of the car, stepping on to the plush red carpet at the entrance. People called out to him but he looked at me only and smiled.

"It's okay, I'm right here with you." He told me, a silver-grey mask on his face. He wore a grey tux with a tea pink bow-tie, matching my dress. 

He looked so handsome, and smelled so good. He held out his arm and I linked mine through his, already feeling a lot more confident as we walked a few steps but were soon blinded by the flashing cameras.

"Mr. Thorne! Ms. Edward! Are you two dating?" One person shouted.

"Is it true that you both are together?" Another one asked us.

"Can you confirm the rumors regarding the both of you?" Someone asked.

"Mr. Thorne! Do you love Ms. Edward?" Another person asked and for some reason this question rung above all others and I felt Adam stiffen beside me.

We ignored the reporters and moved forward, but I knew the damage had been done. I felt Adam sliding his hand down my waist as we posed for pictures, and then I felt his hot breath on my neck.

"You look stunning, love. So stunning you took my breath away." He said with his velvety voice and I blushed.

"You look handsome too." I whispered in his ear and he grinned.

"I know." He said and I smiled at him. 

"Now how bout we add fire to these rumors?" He asked me and I looked at him confused and he smirked.

He leaned down and captured my lips before I could say anything else, bringing his free hand to cup my cheek as I held onto his waist. He kissed me so passionately and left me utterly breathless.

Get a hold of yourself B, the party hasn't even started yet.

When he pulled away, he smiled when the roaring of the crowd became louder.

"We just made out in front of everyone." I whispered to him, wide eyed.

"I know. I want to tell everyone you're mine." He smirked and we went inside the house.

"This is your house, yes?" I asked him once we were inside.

"Yes. This is my childhood home. I grew up here." He answered without any emotion and I looked up at him to see his jaw clenched, when someone called out to us from behind.

"Ms. Edward, we'd like a picture of you, please, without your mask." A photographer asked me and I looked at Adam who nodded before he moved behind me to take my mask off and kissed me on the neck, then moved away smiling.

I posed for the camera while the photographers took my pictures.

"Thank you Ms. Edward." The photographer moved away and I looked around for Adam who came from behind me and helped me tie my mask back.

"You look so amazing. A goddess. My goddess. All mine." He whispered and I blushed, then turned to face him as we walked into what looked like a huge ballroom, decorated beautifully.

"Wow." I looked around in awe. People were dressed up in fancy outfits, sipping champagne and chatting with each other as live music played somewhere.

I spotted my brothers talking among each other, while women would stop and stare at them. Adam chuckled and I noticed he was looking at them too.

"Looks like the women are crowding them today, since I'm taken." Adam said and winked at me. I rolled my eyes, smiling and we walked over to them. 

Adam handed me a champagne glass from a tray and took one for himself.

"Do you like it? The party?" He asked me after a while.

"I love it. Everything's so beautiful." I told him, my face lighting up when he smiled.

He's so charming.

"And for the record, women are stopping and staring at you too." I pointed out to him but he smiled.

"Really? I didn't notice with the beautiful lady on my arm. It's hard to look anywhere else let alone, think about anything else." He chuckled and I smiled at him.

"You've outdone yourself Adam." Lance spoke and we all looked at him. "But why a masquerade?"

"My mother loved a good masquerade. It's where you can be anyone and status or anything else about you simply doesn't matter." He answered as if he had memorized the words. 

He was also honoring his mother's memory in a way. Keeping a part of her alive. It's amazing.

Lance nodded in acknowledgement and someone came from behind us and clapped Adam on the shoulder.

"You've done well son. Your mother would be proud of you." The man said and I figured he was Adam's father. 

"Dad, you've met Isabelle, my girlfriend. The one you met at the party." Adam gestured to me and his father looked at me and smiled.

"Ah, yes I remember, Isabelle. You look beautiful tonight darling but I have to ask you, how did you rope him in?" He pointed towards Adam who rolled his eyes and I laughed.

"Actually, he was the one who asked me out." I whispered to him but Adam must've heard him the way he frowned.

"Well, well, who would have guessed. You keep him in line and take good care of him now, will you?" He told me and I nodded my head at him smiling widely.

"I will." I looked at Adam who gave me an affectionate smile and took my hand.

"Ah, young love. I remember how it was like. Felt like you could do anything." His father told us and we both smiled at him. He gave us a soft smile and patted my shoulder.

"Have fun you two." He told us and walked away, when someone came up to us.

"My, what a beautiful lady." The man said and took my hand, kissing it and bowing slightly. Adam cleared his throat behind us and the man looked at him.

"Ah! Adam, I've been looking all over for you. Forgive me my lady, I haven't introduced myself. George Williams, at your service." He gave me a toothy smile and his brown eyes shimmered from under his black mask.

"George. Is Charlie here?" Adam asked him stepping next to me and sliding an arm around my waist protectively and might I say, possessively.

"Yes, my dad was talking to your dad last I saw." He said and Adam nodded. George looked towards me again.

"My lady, may I ask you to dance with me?" He held out his hand, and before I could say anything, Adam intervened.

"I was just about to dance with my girlfriend, George. Why don't you go find some other woman to dance with, I'm sure there's many around." Adam said through clenched teeth and George retracted his hand away smiling.

"Of course. Enjoy." He said with a mischievous grin and walked away.

"Let's dance" Adam said and pulled me towards the center of the ballroom where a slow song was playing and couples had gathered to dance as well. 

The music changed and Adam placed a hand on my waist, both of us moving to the beat.

"Wait, this is different music." I said when Adam suddenly twirled me around, my back against his chest and the music changed. 

Adam's fingers slid down my arms sensually and I felt shivers go down my spine. He then twirled me around and I hit his chest.

"Are you trying to seduce me like this?" I raised an eyebrow at him and he smirked.

"Try to keep up." He whispered and now it was my turn to smirk.

He thinks I can't dance. 

He won't know what hit him.

The music sped up a bit and couples danced faster now, and Adam suddenly dipped me. I surprised him by raising my leg and he slid his hand from my ankle to my thigh, then pulled me back up, turning me around and I gracefully twirled. 

Raising my leg, I wrapped it around his waist as he bent us down so our lips were inches apart.

The couples had stopped dancing and everyone had formed a circle around us to see what was happening.

He twirled me slowly as the music came to an end I did a graceful split, and he yanked me back up by holding my hand, and dipped me low, planting a quick kiss on my lips before pulling me back up. Everyone around us erupted into a cheer and applauded.

Adam took my hand and took me away from the dance floor as the music changed and we stood to one side, as people starting coming towards us.

"You can dance." He said after a while, holding me by my waist.

"Is that so hard to believe?" I raised my eyebrow at him as Aveline and Aidan came running towards us.

"You guys were so amazing!" Aveline squealed, giving me a hug. "And you look so beautiful tonight Belle." 

"Thank you so much, you look amazing too." I admired her light blue dress and her blnde hair, making her look much like Cinderella.

Except I have the evil step mother and step sister.

"Isabelle, I'll be back in a moment, okay?" Adam told me and kissed me on the cheek before parting ways and going with Aidan.

"Where are they going?" I asked Aveline.

"Business, the usual." She shrugged and turned towards me. 

"But I absolutely HAVE to know, how are you and Adam finally together?" She looked at me and I laughed at her impatience.

"Well, it just kinda... happened." I answered her, not willing to talk about more and she nodded.

"Well whatever it is, I'm so happy you guys are together. Especially for Adam. I've never seen him happier." She looked towards Adam who was now talking to Charlie Williams and Aidan.

"Don't leave him. I haven't seen him this happy since mom died. He's a completely different person when he's with you." She was looking at me now.

"He makes me happy too." I answered smiling. 

"May I ask, how did your mother die? If it's alright." I asked carefully.

She thought for a moment before answering. 

"She was diagnosed with lung cancer,  and she passed after two years of the diagnosis. Even though we tried our best to help her, flew in the best doctors around the world, we couldn't save her." She said as she gulped.

"Her death shattered us, especially dad and Adam. They were so close to her and she was our glue. Adam and dad aren't like they used to be before. He moved out a year after her death." She said smiling sadly.

"We also moved to another house because there were too many memories in this one." She took a deep breath and I patted her shoulder.

"I'm sorry, I had no idea." I told her and she gave me a small smile.

"But everything's different now that you're here. You've brought Adam so much happiness. He talks to us more now too, although mostly about you but he still does." She told me smiling and I couldn't help but smile too.

I made him happy, and he made me happy.

And for some reason I couldn't think of anything I'd want more.

* * *

Adam and Rose seem to be progressing in their relationship slowly. Will they face any hardships in the future? And how will they deal with them?

Keep reading to find out!

QOTD: What do you look for in a relationship?

Author's Note: Hey guys, it's me! I wanted to announce a new book that I just published, and it's the second book of the Fragile Hearts series. It's called 'ACE' and I hope you guys read it and like it! Thanks!

Vote, Comment & Share!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 37.4K 66
52 CHAPTERS. (COMPLETED) Savannah Isabelle Romano is a 25 year old doctor who spent her entire life being abused emotionally, mentally and physically...
223K 12.5K 42
~The story revolves around a tale as old as time. The beauty and the beast, pain and passion~ ~Raizel Deluca~ ~Coral Thompson~ Two very different an...
38.9M 1.2M 47
Caroline Marshall, a sweet, innocent and cute girl, who hates rich guys since her father threw her mother away to marry another woman for money. Li...
1.1K 885 58
In a world where devotion and love clash, Ella Smith finds herself at a fork in the road. Driven by her need to provide for her family, she sets out...