ROSES & THORNS

By Aura_Swan

Isabelle Rose Edward is your charming, beautiful and kind yet clever, witty and confident 23-year-old English... More

- S Y NO P S I S -
a e s t h e t i c s
- 1 -
- 2 -
- 3 -
- 4 -
- 5 -
- 6 -
- 7 -
- 8 -
- 9 -
- 1 0 -
- 1 1 -
- 1 2 -
- 1 3 -
- 1 4 -
- 1 5 -
- 1 6 -
- 1 7 -
- 1 8 -
- 1 9 -
- 2 0 -
- 2 1 -
- 2 2-
- 2 3 -
- 2 4 -
- 2 5 -
- 2 6 -
- 2 7 -
- 2 8 -
- 2 9 -
- 3 0 -
- 3 1 -
- 3 3 -
- 3 4 -
- 3 5 -
- 3 6 -
- 3 7 -
- 3 8 -
- 3 9 -
- 4 0 -
- 4 2 -
- 4 3 -
- 4 4 -
- 4 5 -
- 4 6 -
- 4 7 -
- 4 8 -
- 4 9 -
- 5 0 -
- 5 1 -
- 5 2 -
- 5 3 -
- 5 4 -
- 5 5 -
- 5 5 -
- 5 6 -
- 5 7 -
- 5 8 -
- 5 9 -
- 6 0 -
- 6 1 -
- 6 2 -
- 6 3 -
- 6 4 -
- 6 5 -
- 6 6 -
- 6 7 -
- 6 8 -
- 6 9 -
- 7 0 -
- 7 1 -
- 7 2 -
- 7 3 -
- 7 4 -
- 7 5 -
- 7 6 -
- 7 7 -
- 7 8 -
- 7 9 -
- 8 0 -
- 8 1 -
- 8 2 -
- 8 3 -
- 8 4 -
- 8 5 -
- 8 6 -
- 8 7 -
- 8 8 -
- 8 9 -

- 4 1 -

1.8K 51 2
By Aura_Swan

"So he said casual?" Taylor asked me while searching my closet for something to wear.

"Yeah." I said absent minded, and noticed Taylor staring at me with a funny expression on her face.

I laughed at her. "What?"

"It's just.. wow. I mean, you're thinking about him right now, aren't you?" She asked me raising her eyebrows.

"How'd you know?" I asked her confused.

"The look on your face matched his from the last three days" She sated with a serious face.

"What?" I asked her dumbfounded.

"Oh, did I not tell you? He's been coming to the cafe everyday and sits with me in your place, waiting for you." She said this and my mouth fell open.

"He did that? For me?" I asked dumbfounded and Taylor nodded. I smiled to myself.

"Now, what to wear, what to wear.. AHA!" Taylor spun around with a black dress with see-through sleeves and a belt at the waist.

"This is nice. Are you sure though?" 

She looked at the dress once more before nodding firmly.

"It's perfect." She said looking at me.

"I know, I designed it." I said smirking to which she rolled her eyes before I went and  took a nice, long and warm bath and came out in my robe, to see Taylor standing with a dryer in one hand and a straighter in the other.

"Come on now, we don't wanna get late." She smiled at me and pushed me in a chair in front of my dressing table and started drying my hair, then straightening it, while I applied very little make up. 

"This much only?" Taylor looked at me as if I'd committed a sin.

"Eyeliner and gloss if fine." I told her and she shook her head in disappointment but I ignored her and wore a small necklace.

"Go on, wear your clothes. We don't want him to see you naked again." Taylor shooed me into the closet.

"I wasn't naked, Tay, I was just... under dressed." I told her.

"Yeah right. Hurry up. I know you wanted to flash him so he'd ask you out." She yelled from outside, making my eyes widen in horror.

"I did not!" I screamed from the other side and heard her chuckling. I came out, adjusting my belt and twirling for Taylor.

"There, how do I look?" I asked her, her mouth open as I put on my black boots.

"Close you mouth some bugs might go in there." I smirked at her and she grinned at me.

"You look amazing B, just wait till his jaw drops, and then his clothes." She smirked at me and I looked at her with a horrified expression.

"Taylor! Oh my god you are just so.. Ugh." I shivered, showing my disgust and then drank the wine that was waiting for me on my table, while she laughed at me.

"To having a good time and hot boyfriends." Taylor raised her glass, winking at me and making me laugh. 

She then turned up the music and we danced to our favorite Taylor Swift music to make the nerves go away. She knew just how to calm me down.

"A little bit of Taylor Swift ought to do the magic!" She shouted and turned the music up even more. 

We danced a bit and sang for the next fifteen minutes and at exactly 8 pm, I heard a knock on my door. Quickly shuffling the remote we turned the music down and I opened the door, breathless.

"Ms. Edward, Mr. Thorne is here to pick you." Mr. Baker told me and I nodded at him.

"Okay, I'll be down in a minute." I closed the door and heard Taylor squealing, the butterflies in my stomach raging war.

"How we feelin'?" She asked me holding my hands.

"Nervous." I told her, chuckling nervously.

"Don't worry about it. I've seen the way he looks at you. It's adorable." I rolled my eyes and picking up my phone and wallet I made my way down with Taylor right behind me. 

Going down I saw something none of us could ever expect. Adam laughing with my brothers with drinks in hand.

Are they okay? Are they high? 

"I did not see that coming." Taylor whispered in my ear and I nodded my head, then straightening up and clearing my throat, I saw them all look up at me and smile.

"Belle, come on down!" Tristan came and dragged me down by my hand and stopped in front of Adam who smiled at me warmly.

"You better be good to her or you know what I'm capable of." Lance told Adam with a grin on his face and Adam smirked.

Definitely high.

"Right back at ya." He winked at me and motioned me to follow him outside. I hugged Taylor and my brothers goodbye before following him outside to his car.

"You look beautiful." He whispered in my ear and I smiled at myself, till we reached the car.

"Hello Carter. How are you?" I asked his driver as we reached his car, who looked up at me and held the door open.

"Hello to you too, I'm doing just fine, thank you for asking." I smiled at him and sat in the car with Adam following suit and we drove off.

"Where are we going?" I asked him after a while.

"That I can't say, but I hope you enjoy." He looked at me and smiled, melting my insides.

We reached a large building and got out of the car. Adam placed his hand on the small of my back, making me feel a tingling sensation where his hand was, and led me inside. 

The lobby screamed luxury and we went into an elevator, which went all the up to the top floor before he entered a pass code of some kind and the doors opened to a magnificent penthouse.

"Welcome to my home." He said and led me in while I looked at everything in front of me. 

"Wow, this place is amazing." I said looking around and could feel his eyes on me the entire time. I looked at him to find him staring at me with a faint smile.

"I'm glad you like it." He told me and took my hand, the mere contact sending shivers down my spine, leading me in deeper and into the kitchen, where numerous food items and fresh vegetables were set neatly on the island.

"What's this?" I asked him, sitting on one of the stools.

"This, is dinner, to be prepared by yours truly for my beautiful date." He said it with a seductive and charming smile that made me swoon.

"Wait, you can cook?" I asked him dumbfounded and he looked at me in confusion, taking a seat beside me

"Can I not?" He asked me and I shook my head.

"No, it's just hard to imagine, that's all." I gave him a small smile and he nodded, taking both my hands in his.

"I can't tell you how much it means to me that you came. Thank you." He gave me a smile that reached his eyes and I couldn't help but smile back at him.

"Well, you better not disappoint me then." I laughed and he chuckled, getting up from the seat and rolling up his sleeves to his elbows before diving deep into cutting vegetables and making sauces.

The kitchen was filled with a heavenly aroma and I found myself staring at him. He wore a light blue dress shirt and khaki pants. 

The first two buttons of his shirt were opened, exposing his chest. His tie hung loosely and I figured he must've come straight to see me after work. 

His watch reflected light every now and his shirt hugged his body perfectly. 

I found myself licking my lower lip and glanced up at him to see him already looking at me. He gulped and I bit my lip lightly knowing I'd been caught.

Shit.

"Fuck this." He dropped everything and walked over to me in two long strides, crashing his lips on mine, holding my face as I got up from my sitting position.

His tongue entered my mouth and he dominated me, one of his hands snaking down my waist and pulling me closer while I held his waist with one hand and the other on his face, holding him close. 

He kissed me so passionately I felt everything turn to jelly inside me. He pulled part to take a breath and kissed me again, lighter this time but still passionate. 

He finally pulled back, still holding my me, both of us breathing hard.

"You.. you drive me wild." He whispered to me and smiled at his words as he pulled away, remembering he still had to cook.

I drive him wild, he drives me crazy.

"I'm not sorry for kissing you, but if I was crossing the line, please tell me." He looked down and I held his hand.

"No, it was fine. I liked it. A lot." He looked at me and I smiled. 

"Come on, let's do this together. Tell me what to do." He smiled at me and pulled me to the other side of the island and I started cutting vegetables while he made the sauce and boiled pasta.

When we were done, he took our plates of food and led me to a balcony, behind the living room.

"Wow. You did this?" I looked at the setting in front, a table set in front of a couch with rose petals scattered here and there and a candle burning on the table, roses in the vase and wine bottles in ice.

"I had some help. Come on." He set the plates on the table and gestured for me to sit. 

I sat and looked at the food in front of us. He poured me some wine, and sat beside me and we both ate our food in silence.

"This is amazing! Where'd you learn this?" I asked him, savoring every bite.

"My mother used to make it. She taught me." He looked ahead at something and I noticed the hurt flash across his face and sadness in his eyes as he smiled ruefully. I put my hand on his own and he looked at me.

"She must've been wonderful." I told him and he smiled.

"Yeah, she was. She would've loved you." We sat in silence for a while more, until he got up and went in with our plates and brought out dessert. Brownies with ice cream.

I smiled like a child at the sight and he put a bowl in front of me.

"I got an anonymous tip from someone that you love this." He smiled at me and I nodded.

Taylor.

"It was Taylor, wasn't it?" I smiled at him and he grinned cheekily, confirming my answer. We ate our dessert in silence and when we were done, we looked at the view in front of us.

"It's beautiful, this view. Isn't it?" I said looking at the skyline in front of us, lights scattered everywhere.

"Yes. It certainly is." I looked at him already looking at me with a smile on his face until his brows furrowed.

"There's some ice cream on your face, near your lip." He said pointing at my face and I licked my lip on instinct and saw his eyes darken.

I'm probably gonna regret this later, but who cares, right?

I sucked in a sharp breath. 

"Could you get it for me?" He looked at me from my lips and nodded slightly, before a mischievous glint formed in his eyes and he smirked at me.

That's not a good sign.

He leaned down and my breath hitched, my heart beating faster and threatening to jump out of my chest. 

He leaned even further and licked my lower lip, then where the cream was and pulled back a bit. I looked at his eyes that were now darker and the blue in them was barely visible.

"Kiss me." I whispered to him as his eyes connected with mine. 

"Gladly." He crashed his lips on mine, kissing me roughly, possessively and my back arched as I felt myself leaning backwards until my back touched the soft fabric of the couch, and he was on top of me. 

He shifted his weight to let me get comfortable beneath him, while he kissed me passionately, giving me no time to breathe. 

I was panting for air before I knew it and he started kissing my jaw, tracing it with his lips while his hands roamed my body and held me possessively.

I looped my arms around his neck, running my hand through his soft hair and the other on his chest while he placed a trail of wet kisses on my neck. 

His face came back up and he kissed my lips, biting my lower lip and I gasped. His hands slid down my face and to my waist, and he slipped a hand under my skirt, his hands caressing the skin on my thighs and causing goosebumps to rise. 

I let a slight moan escape my lips as he kissed my neck and then my lips again, before pulling away a bit and resting his forehead against mine, eyes closed and trying to breathe. 

I tried to calm down my own breathing as he got up from on top of me slowly, taking my hand and pulling my up along with him before placing a kiss on my lips and smiling at me.

"It's getting late now, don't you think?' I noticed him smirking at me when I noticed my phone chime with a notification. I picked it up to see a message from Lance.

"Don't even think of spending a night there."

I looked over at Adam and saw him grinning and already looking at my phone as I felt the heat rise to my cheeks.

"You'd better let him know you'll be home in a while so he doesn't come up here. We wouldn't want him to look at you like this, now would we?" He smirked at me and I quickly averted my gaze from his, straightening my hair and fixing my clothes and answered his message.

"Don't worry. I'm coming home in a while."

I put my phone back and pulled my legs to my chest, resting my head on my knees sideways and looking at Adam who had cocked his head to the side. 

One of his legs was on the couch the other was down and his arm was resting on the back of the couch behind me. 

He smiled at me and I smiled back. We were sitting quite close to each other, just staring into each other's eyes.

We stayed like that for a while before he leaned towards me and gave my lips a peck. 

"Come on." He got up and held out his hand for me and I took it just as he pressed a button on his phone and music started to play. 

I looked around when he put his hand on my waist and pulled my closer and I put my arms around his neck and we swayed to the soft and gentle music, looking into each others eyes. He twirled me before pulling me back and my hands rested on his chest. 

'Ready to go?" He whispered and I nodded my head a bit and he held my hand and led me towards the elevator, and down to his car. 

He sat in the driver's seat and we drove off. His hand rested on mine and he intertwined his fingers with mine. 

I looked at him but he looked at the road ahead, smiling. I smiled to myself, wishing it wouldn't be over so soon as I got comfortable.

I wish it could stay like this.

* * *

What do you think of Belle and Adam's kiss? Comment to let me know!

Keep reading to find out what happens next!

Question of the Day: Morning Date or Evening Date?

Vote, Comment & Share!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

248K 1.9K 6
Alison Smith escaped her oppressive past, leaving behind a home that felt like a dungeon. In the City of Light-New York City-Alison sought refuge, lo...
38.9M 1.2M 47
Caroline Marshall, a sweet, innocent and cute girl, who hates rich guys since her father threw her mother away to marry another woman for money. Li...
79.9K 1.9K 80
You & I are one big It's complicated Leon King a young CEO and also the hottest bachelor in NYC. Girls throw themselves at him some just to be in...
1.1K 885 58
In a world where devotion and love clash, Ella Smith finds herself at a fork in the road. Driven by her need to provide for her family, she sets out...