A Royal Pain in the Ball ✓

Von PureValyrian_Cat

⚠ Completed⚠ Suitable for 16+ :/ Enjoy! A Ball. In London, Burbury. England. A place of wealth and gold. An... Mehr

Prologue - The Girl in her Bath suit Robe (World)
Chapter 5 - The Date
Chapter 6 - On with the Night of the Ball
Chapter 7 - On with the Auction of the Night of the Ball
Chapter 1 - Probably a stick in the 'Mud
Chapter 8 - A mid-Dinner Crisis 🍴
Chapter 9 - An Aqua Water Tub
Chapter 10 - Hell and Podiumed
Chapter 2 - The entrance to the Ballroom
Chapter 11 - On a real Podium
Chapter 12 - Rose on her Chest
Chapter 13 - The Maze of Rose
Chapter 3 - Punch and Cupcake Muffins
Chapter 14 - The Dress of her Doom
Chapter 15 - For just One Night
Chapter 16 - Warm, Sunny- Day
Chapter 17 - His Party and Anniversary
Chapter 18 - A Suitcase
Chapter 19 - Good - Girl
Chapter 20 - And Another
Chapter 21 - Going.
Chapter 22 - To Which she Enjoyed.
Chapter 4 - To the door that toasted the man's car
Chapter 23 - A Hopeless Romance
Chapter 24 - The Guests
Chapter 25 - She did not Think this Through (18+)
Chapter 26 - It was just a Hug
Chapter 27 - They were all Vampires
Chapter 28 - Wine
Chapter 29 - Baby of Winter
Chapter 30 - No, it was her Cologne
Chapter 31 - The Jewelry Ring Store
Chapter 33 - Sweet, Cold Chocolate of Russia
Chapter 34 - Fire and Light
Chapter 35 - Cab and the Hotel
Chapter 36 - In the Hotel
Chapter 37 - Cave
Chapter 38 - Deeper Cave, a Journal of Memories
Chapter 39 - Heartbeat
Chapter 40 - Heart Break
Chapter 41 - Powerful but Empty Vessel
Chapter 42 - She Left
Chapter 43 - Beginning
Chapter 44 - Definitely friends
Chapter 45 - Not Protesting
Chapter 46 - Meatball
Chapter 47 - Eyes of Insanity
Chapter 48 - Goodnight
Chapter 49 - Aflame
BOOK 2 - Chapter 1
Chapter 2 - Romance
Chapter 3 - Aisle and a Cupid
Chapter 4 - Breathe
Chapter 5 - The Last Ball
Chapter 6 - Nothing
Chapter 7 - In-two Elements
Chapter 8 - Vacation House
Chapter 9 - Ashened
Chapter 10 - Royalty
Chapter 11 - Remembrance
Chapter 12 - Silver
Chapter 13 - Short Conversation
Chapter 14 - Strawberries
Chapter 15 - Butterfly🦋 Cupcakes
Chapter 16 - The only one left out, When she was Human
Chapter 17 - Menace : Last Dance
Chapter 18 - EPILOGUE - Royally - End of BOOK TWO
AUTHOR'S Note + Deck

Chapter 32 - And She Followed Him.

5 0 0
Von PureValyrian_Cat

A few days had passed, of that day of when it happened. But it hadn't felt that long. Of which it was, and of which she had never felt something like this before. She would see him day to day as usual, as if nothing happened. And it wasn't that much of a difference. Unless you think of the time when she would be the stupid one who blushed everytime she saw his face. The bloody man.

She had thought, time to time again remember the event of a moment where she was back in the store, the empty cells of her brain decided to go rouge. And observing time to time again, the horror of how quick he had purchased the ring, with so much of confidence and the quick swoop of his payment; gladly as he dangled the carton of shopping bag in his hand. As he turned around and headed towards the exit door.

Much to her demise, as she noticed the glimmer in his eyes and as of when he turned around and looked at her, so much as a glance as he gazed, and the last conversation that she remembered was, that that the ring was much customly made by his most trusted friend, and it had been made by the most expensive, and purest of materials.

Of which she was struck back. And she didn't say a single word during the whole ride back, except when she was asked by the man, of course.

Cain. She had called him. Weird of a name, that she doesn't seem to remember that much. Even after a while of meeting him, after almost a year, she just had to give it some thought for a little bit before thinking the exact word and sputtering it out of her mouth. Which she'd never done with anybody else. Which she deemed it as weird, -- it just doesn't ring a bell to her mind and it took a while for her to say it aloud; it was pretty delirious and crazy to her.

Or perhaps maybe he just wasn't that attractive. Her mind brought up.

As of one day, that is today, as it passed by, in that single day that she had found him-- to be nowhere, which was odd, since she would usually see him in his room, or at the dining table that he ate. But she didn't. She hadn't seen him during breakfast, or the morning after that.

She had though, been informed by the butler how the Master just came by and finished a few moments ago.

That of which she thought was odd.
And she had, searched him all over. With much effort, but still couldn't find him. That she had felt her heart wrenching, for a moment, for not being able to find him during the morning, of that she was confused and abrasively tired from walking all over the place, and that she was blind-mapped and she was still clueless at the end.

She had smelled, though, his scent from down the stairs, and it reminded her that he was still there. And from that that she hadn't heard a single ruckus from his room. Or any signs that screamed that it was him.

The evening though, of which she had was that of the planting of beautiful flowers in the garden, and at the edges of the fields at bay, near the rear-ends of his house as well. As she saw the butler from the windows of her room, seemingly alone, and lonely as he did his chores, that she went down over and volunteered to do him his part of chores; and feeling kind-hearted to do so for once in a while. Of that was what she always did, once in a week.

And finally, as she went back up the stairs, after an evening of her lunch and a preparation of helping the butler of planting the seedlings of pink tulips and roses at the side, she felt relieved and glad that she had finished, which was pleasant enough to make her forget all about it - for a moment until she stepped on the porch of his front steps. Which she regretted that her mind swirled all the way back to him again. Undoingly so.

And she reached the top of the stairs to hear a ruckus coming from the library. On far edge of the hall, in the corner of the hallway, quitely far from her own bedroom.

On the end of the hallway, that she heard, that she approached, and stopped before a white door that she almost reached, before her body sensed that it was him and she froze. It was definitely him. His aura was strong, such as of now, and she had no way of opening the doorknob and entering without such an appointment or as much as a warning of doing it.

She opened, without knocking, knowing he was busy, and the first thing she remembered when she saw his face was of the tragic incident that she went through, first and foremost. And it was ridiculous that it was his face that reminded her of it. It bombarded her like a bomb of an atom, and she was frazzled to see it waft across her mind. As she slightly staggered on her feet, and losing her balance until she gripped hard on the door beside her. On hold for dear life as she regained back her balance.

Grabbed hard of a hold of the door beside her and as she composured, she almost smiled at the presence of the man sitting down by the table. Probably not noticing her yet. But out of cause, retracted her unemerging smile as she thought he hadn't so much as yet noticed and turned to her yet.

And maybe, it wasn't that much of an embarrassment. Between the two of them.

As she still held on for the door that ultimately saved her life, and stared at the side of his face as he stared down, reading at his book. Cain, noticed her, the creak of the door as it went and knew that she almost fell without looking. As he also saw her from the corner of his eye, as he spun and looked to stare at her. She was beautiful as always. Her stature so tall but so cute to his eyes that he almost wanted to hug her. But he remembered, that she almost wanted to step on his feet at the day that they arrived at the town the other day. And he was afraid to do it. She might have and could slap him all of a sudden, and it wouldn't be funny.

And he looked at her-- as she looked to be beautiful against the window panes of the sunlight, as it wafted across her face like some sort of angelic lighting. And he smiled. Brought it down as quick as he can as he saw the tense and stern look on her face. And he wondered what made her so tensed up. As he smiled, and she flicked a smile on the side of her corner lip, before glancing away, the door still covering the lower half of her body.

She felt amused, but an emergency to close the door, a state that said she didn't have any business nor a reason to stay any longer. So as she was about to close the door back down, Averithe, decided to step back until Cain had a sudden urgency in his voice, "Averithe." He called.

"Yes, what?" She recalled, quickly, replying to him.

"Can you.. stay with me and sit for a little while longer?" He calleed. Questioned.

To which she raised a slight peculiar eyebrow at him, but it didn't seem that bad anyway, so she yielded. As she blinked and gotten relaxed a little bit, her posture and her back nerves got released and felt like a whole ton of weight had been lifted off of her.

But the only thing that sputtered out of her mouth was,

"I don't want to get married to you." She spoke as so much without a halt. Without thinking for a single second. So sudden, the way that it did, that it made Cain had slightly jolt in his seat and his eyes changed a little bit. A light shade of red to consume his confusion and a slight bit of anger. Though not long before it returned back to its original state. "We are not talking about this one right now." He said. A stern look on his face which Averithe so as gladly to miss as her attention was elsewhere.

And Averithe had thought, what came over her to say such a thing, and she almost wanted to repeat the momentary nuisance. But not.

Until Cain spoke again, "Come, sit." He invited, his voice almost whisperingly soft and husky as he spoke towards her, maybe on a happier tone that she heard, and noticed that he almost smiled at her, but nothing changed as his muscles tensed and he was left staring interchangeably, cold against her, blank was his expression as he stared at her from across the room.

As she looked at him in return and still having her head against the door, peeking out like a little bunny observing him sitting on a chair and what seemed to be a book sitting dusted and open before him. And that was only thing that was visible to her eyes.

As he had a calm expression on his face. Waiting for her to react and do something. Until she took a step forward and the door creaked, as a blinding light got into her eye, and she hissed in annoyance, coming from the window that it did and struck her irises of a pupil, and now that she was half-blind and practically had her eye covered with one hand, with it slightly stinging from the light. And of that she got annoyed, most likely staggering in her steps and forgetting that gravity might not be her bestest of friends. As she lost her balance slightly; to have a hand holding her left as she felt, warm and what she recognized, was his hand. To her horror.

Indeed, it was annoying, of course, having had to be saved by another, out of all things, as the man stood close to her, out of comfort and caring that he felt, held her tight before she could fall any further. That she gasped and hissed at the sudden touch and looked up at him. In surprise, at his colors of an eyeball that she stood in awe and agaped.

So close to her that she recognized the perfume that he wore. And she was addicted to it. And to which, that he was so close, that he leaned forward and he kissed her on the lips. More like a peck, as he lingered, and before it turned into a deeper, type of thing, and she stepped back, instantly, as her body seemed to reject him. And he had a dejected look on his face as he was pushed back, and he couldn't do anything but stare at her from the distance, releasing his kiss.

He seemed disappointed, in his eyes that said, that he didn't linger to stay for a short amount of time of a kiss.

That she did, as she heaved breathily and had her face hot from the air, as she felt she needed an extra ounce of oxygen to take in. And she did, gave him an extra leeway of a few seconds of kissing time, she had thought, to which he seemed gravely disappointed about. As she looked him in the eyes, and she saw that it was preposterous how his glazed eyes said that he wanted more.

It was unbelievable. As she turned to the side, and looked down at the floored wooden placings of the library. Not feeling guilty how she casted her gaze downwards, and Cain sighed.

"Come in, " He spoke huskily as he walked away, and he didn't forget to close the door behind her as she walked, "Take a seat."

Returning to the door after noticing that she had forgotten to close it back.

Averithe, grabbing the nearest seat that she did, wasn't a difficult task as she approached and grabbed the closest seat most reachable to man-kind, and that she settled down on one seat as Cain walked around over and returned to his seat.

"How are you?" He asked as he sat and propped on his chair. And it didn't seem to be so much of a question, as she knew he noticed her from the windows, from afar as she planted the flowers in the garden, and the roses at the edges of the walls from moments ago.

And it wasn't a surprise, when he looked at her, and they met eyes. Or when he changed his seat and seemingly close to the door now. And of which she noticed, and which he did, and she was wondered what he was doing.

She wondered what his library consisted of. She hoped that it would be filled with fantasy novels and legendary storybooks that would fill her head with clouds and happiness. It always seemed interesting and intriguing to her brain, and the imageries of colors and shapes that she could always think of when she needed it.

She wanted to sigh, as she gazed at the man's eyes, but didn't know how to respond as she held back. The silliness of the man knows no bounds, asking such a question such as like today.

"I've been doing some activities. --Gardening." She hurrily said when he gave her a stony look which looked like a glare.

"Oh. That's great." He flatly said as he returned to his book.

And it was the most annoying thing ever. She didn't know what to say next as she stared at him, before he looked up and looked at her again.

"And where have you been?" She asked unimaginatively.

"I've been here, in the library." He dicreditly replied as he read unmovingly at his book.

To which she knew it was fake. "Oh." She flatly answered.

And they were met with a long, kind of a short silence which filled the air, to which it was cut off by Cain.

"During the feast.. did you go.. to the library?" He randomly asked.

"No. Of what reason?" She asked innocently.

"You still smelled like a pinch of oak wood and the dusty crumbles of the trees I used to smell in Russia." He explained. Completely having an explanation so forwardingly.

"Russia- you came from Russia?" She almost gasped at the new information he just sputtered.

To which he was flabbergasted and responded, "Don't try to change the subject, it isn't about where I came from. So, did you?" He asked. Quite abrasively annoying.

"Well.. I did go in there, and find some stuff.." She trailed off.

"What?" He asked.

"Well, there was this book about vampires. The detail history of vampires and it seemed creepy." She answered, to a moment that she jolted and looked at him, "You aren't going to eat me, are you?" She asked kindly, staringly.

He looked at her, as if she was insane. But he didn't say anything as he glanced down towards his book.

"Did you.. find anything when you went into the library..?" He asked. Again.

"I did, I said, there was this creepy paragraph old calligraphy about a vampire whose power is to suck the blood out of people. And the history that they were -- murdered?"

She spoke, and he sighed, and almost ran a hand through his hair when he spoke, "Yes, there was a time when vampires where hunted and killed because of their rarity and herbalistic blood. Especially the ones who were born to have red-eyes." He spoke, silenced when she didn't say anything in return.

"Something.." She mumbled, that he didn't care to ask for, more ignorantly as to why he wondered, did she go into the library, that she did.

It seemed too much of a complicated situation for her. Averithe, remembering the things that she read. About vampires, and that she spaced out, that she wanted to drag her feet away from the presence of this man and a wish upon a falling star that he'd be too slow to catch her. She felt too uncomfortable, overwhelmed, and she just wanted to feel the safety cushions of her bed. Or, his bed.

She almost stood up, preparing her tiny legs to get out of the room, but nonetheless, seeing the expression on his face, as he glanced at for a split second that she couldn't bare to do it. And so she sat back down on her seat, quietly, like a polite grand lady like she always did. Even though she was still upset after yesterday's incident. She nonetheless she sat down to listen to him.

"Are.. you one of them?" She asked hesitantly.

"No." He responded quickly. "Technically yes, but my eyes aren't that red, I read that once, and I have a normal shade of red. Besides, I have a job there. I'm the leader." He responded, to which they stared at each other long and hard during the summer-y silence.

And she stared at him back, to which she was blinded and her brain decided to travel back to the time of the past where she remembered that she fell in love with the set pair of eyes during their first encounter. Now she wondered where it all went. As she glanced away, stoicly.

Which made him mad.

The sudden gesture made his face turn muscled and sternly hard.

"Averithe, you must have read about the part where there must be a ruler, a king recognizable by the eyes..?" He asked. So randomly that she jolted and felt like she was being questioned during an exam. Fuck school.

"Yes. It was where it was just a normal shade of red. A red, red..?" She felt stupid as she heard it through her ears and said it aloud.

He sighed, "Maybe you shouldn't have went in there." He muttered lowly, and all of a sudden; he went into a zen mode, "Vampires are a type of cult. They can't go and survive alone, so they gather in tribes and circles. As they call it. The royals, as you saw the other day were one of them. They rose from scratch and built civilization on their own. But things can turn a bit dark.. So they were welcomed and built this, -- crazy idea of a custom gala ball, where they could gather and chatter with their friends and long-lost friends. " He spoke.

"So.. they're immortals.?" She asked.

"Of course, they're immortals." He spoke. And glanced down at the single, tear of a pendant that he gave her at the auction of the ball. Way before she thanked him, to which he didn't remember what she said, or if she even did. "And that pendant, makes you seem that you were one of us." He spoke.

Loud. To her ears that it went, that she looked down in shock to see the single, glimmer of the purple that it almost mocked her with a blink, in between her cleavage. And she was relieved that it didn't spill out and embarrass her all over again.

"And. To tell you, the royals can be quite dangerous around humans, so you might want to keep your distance. They like to.. take and kidnap things out of naught.." He trailed off.

She hummed in response, and didn't know how to respond at his words, and an explanation that didn't quite catch up to her head.

"It might be also because, that I heard they were searching for something. At the beginning that I joined their circle, and became a part of a clan of the ball, I heard that they were searching for a single ring. It's not always a ring, it could be another element powerful enough to wipe out an entire species, but it could be a ring, of a bright, and powerful entity that they were searching for. And
just to tell you, there was a single pendant, so precious and powerful that it couldn't be discovered by any vampire other than the ones I trust. Or even a human, -- including you." He spoke, adding quickly when she didn't respond and just stared long and hard at him.

It was peculiar to him.

"The pendant of my house. The house of Hvraэdssig." He reached down into his pocket and brought out, a charming pendant, so bright that it grabbed her attention, of the array of bright green and cobalt, or Sapphire, she might continue, that it looked so rare and beautiful before her eyes. "It's a pendant, a treasured family heirloom brought down from generations, it's said to be powerful, and sacred. And the myths told it to be charmed." He added, as she stared at it in awe.

"I kept it out of harm's way for safe-keeping. I wouldn't want it to get stolen or being searched by other vampires." He muttered.

As she looked down at it, being enchanted by the shape and the color. Of an octagon that it was, as it glimmered and looked to be awfully symmetrical, wondering where in the world -- or how that it formed to be so perfect.

"It's a treasured heirloom, and was first found in the sacred tombs. The root chamber tomb of Havrэddsig, and it might be probably still there if it weren't from when my family got annihilated." He muttered at the end.

"What?" She snapped up and looked at him, flustered at the color and back at him, "Sorry, I didn't hear that last thing you said - could you repeat it?" She asked innocently.

To which he gritted his teeth. "It's nothing." He muttered.

"It's so beautiful." She whispered softly at it, to which he responded.

"Here, I have made an exact replica of it." He spoke. Sudden that he did, that she wondered what made him so generous and what made him to give her such treasuries. "But this one's made of Emerald; I.. tweaked some stuff into it." He reached down into his pocket again and brought out, an elegant, necklace, green Emerald, and entirely made out of gems and the shape that it took, became intricate as when it was ready, and the silver chains that had became the perfect length for a maiden.

As she stared in awe of it. "Oh, it's a beautiful necklace." She stared at it, and took it in her hands as she felt the cold sensation, and it glimmered against her, the color, fit her, as she wore it instantly, and it fell beneath, slightly below the Amethyst teardrop that he gave her. Slightly above her cleavage and not sunken down into the abyss.

As she smiled at him, "Thanks." She spoke sincerely at him.

The sincerest she might have ever been. He smiled, "It might keep you safe. I had it charmed. So it will protect you against your scent and the visionary of vampires," He spoke, so clear that she was flabbergasted. "Oh. I hope they won't eat me." She said it, muttered under her breath.

"To keep it balanced. I just want to tell you, that it would be harmful, if you stare at them right in their eyes. The pupils, where they could dilate and see you through. It might be best, for an emergency if you just stare at them for a quick glance, or just stare at between their eyes; or the bridge of their nose if it was an emergency." He spoke quickly. Holding back the gestures of his hand.

And it was a whole lot of a new information to her. At his explanation, as she smiled slightly in response.

About the red eyed vampires.." He trailed off, continuing, "There was actually a yellow one." He trailed off, for a slight moment, "Another one who existed, one who had yellow eyes and who existed solely as a mage to keep the vampires protected, as its sole role." He looked at her.

"They are.. neutral, far beyond the red-eyed royals of vampires." He spoke again at her silence. "And it might seem completely insane, but they are completely different, and different beings of their creations. Even if they are merely just vampires." He spoke.

"They are more sophisticated, so to say and refined, way above the royals of the redded eyed vampires." He spoke, almost a blabber to her ears which she continued to listen, and which how she didn't know how to respond as she just sat there in silence and unmoving at the length of paragrai that he just spat out. Maybe half of it out of her ears. But nonetheless, she nodded. Out of courtesy and privacy.

"They are so much easier to hang out with -" He continued, which slightly shocked her at the core and jolted her in her seat, "Which I've seen you hang out a lot with my butler these days," he muttered, looking away. "It was only divided into two." He spoke, when he noticed her getting stunned and spoke to bring her back to the current moment. "Ever. And, I've considered him to be the most loyal butler in my family, so you could trust him if you ever get lost, or if you fear of getting kidnapped.. The circle of my house.. It gets quite complicated.." To which he trailed off.

"To say, it was a war between the red eyed royals," He looked up after he glanced down for awhile, "and the mages of the vampires -- which had yellow eyes," He made a motion with his fingers, "And it was only the yellow - of vampires that I really protect. Or with roles as mages." He said as he looked at her.

And for a moment that it struck, she thought that he meant that it was her. She blinked.

And she had, a thought that it had become quite complicated and repititive to her. To her ears and her limited size of a brain.

After a long silence, he looked at her suddenly, "I've been planning to go to Russia for awhile; my hometown." He looked at her suddenly, "Just for a simple, short trip, and getting back around the area. Maybe during the snow season. In October." He trailed off, " And, just in for a thought, I've really been planning this for a while, and I really wanted this to go the way it was, even if I haven't really planned it enough, though." He said.

Which shocked her, and a slow panick creeped up as it died down, as she wanted to say the words, but it wouldn't come out of her throat, or even her lips.
He would be gone by snowfall?

"So." He looked at her, "Do you agree, would you travel, if you would?" He asked, as he looked at her.

And she nodded. Without a hitch as she bobbed at him, and he got the response, of hers exactly as he wanted. Whichever it meant, he perceived it as if she agreed with him, so he went on, "And soon. So you will be coming with me." He stated, and trailed off as he glanced at her, observantly, "Great." He spoke, before he smiled at her. And suddenly got up in his seat. Dejectingly leaving the table that he did.

And as she looked at him, in a spacing out manner, she didn't think of him much as a Russian man, as she blinked.

And as he got up, he didn't utter a single word as he stood, and turned around as he headed for the door. "We'll be going soon after, Averithe."

He announced as he turned halfway. And continued his way towards the door as his shoes clacked against the wooden floor of the library. Vintaged it may seem, as it produced a lot of sound.

As she glanced, and kept it in mind as he opened the door, and he took a long-lasting look back at her, as his foot stood, and stopped before the door.

And he seemed to usher her, as she stood, and she followed suit.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

177K 6.3K 58
"I need to teach you a lesson for defying me," Beau says, and in an instant, my leg on his thigh drops down beside his. He puts his other hand on my...
1.2K 80 33
BOOK 1 OF HENRIETTA TRILOGY. TO BE EDITED. *** I was a young boy who wished nothing but to be loved. But one day, as I was reminiscing a memory of my...
264K 5.4K 49
"Tell me. Why won't you tell me?" He asks and I look towards him slowly, "You didn't even talk to me until yesterday! I'm trying to make it so nobody...
84.9K 2.6K 8
If you think you know the story of Cinderella of how she attended the ball and captured the attention of the prince... think again. There were no fai...