Not His Kid

By lovelynerdyathlete97

Leona Davis loves babies. As an OBGYN doctor, she's made it her life to see new life being born. What started... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
A Little Peak :)
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Authors Note
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 17

17.4K 549 48
By lovelynerdyathlete97

Leona's POV

I woke up groggy and disoriented.

Where am I?

I saw a figure pacing, but my vision was still blurred.

"I can't wait for you to go. Always causing problems. Just leave." I squinted my eyes harder and my vision soon cleared.

"Lily?" She shot her head over, and gave me a sinister smile.

"Ahh you're finally awake. Took you long enough." I was finally gaining my wits again, and I knew what was happening. I remember being at the park with James, and all of a sudden blacking out.

I didn't know how to explain the transportation, and I honestly had no clue where I was.

"What do you want with me?"

"I want you dead." My heart skipped a beat in my chest. I had to survive. It was more than just me to think about.

"Why?"

"Because I'm always being compared to you! You're a constant in my life. Damien silently judges me all the time because I can't be like you. Even my son wanted you as a mother more than me!" I noticed her jittery eyes and her constant scratching.

"Lillian, are you on drugs?"

"Shut up!" She screeched. "This is what I'm talking about! You're no better than me! I'm better than you." I needed to calm her down somehow.

"I'm not disputing that. You are better, but I'm worried about your child." I glanced at her baby bump and mentally calculated. Since I was almost in my 7th month, she should be around 5 months pregnant.

"The kid is fine. Damien is always stressing me over this kid. It probably isn't even his." My heart went out to Damien. I remembered his pain-stricken face at the notion that the child might not be his.

Lillian was toxic.

"Is Damien alright?" Her fiery green eyes glinted.

"You know, he actually loved you. He only came back to me because I blackmailed him into it. He always wanted you. Leona this. Leona that. I don't get your appeal. You're just an ugly negro."

A race element was now playing a part. I had to play my part really cautiously. Lillian was beyond convincing.

I could just hope for help, and think of a plan.

***

James' POV

"James."

"What." I was agitated. I called the cops, but I didn't have any leads. Leona disappeared in plain sight.

From my pain sight.

"It's Lillian." My back straightened. I perked up. "She's the one who took Leona. I just know it."

"How do you know?" I know I sounded desperate. So desperate, but there was no point in hiding it. I was desperate.

"We were arguing this morning about my feelings for Lee. She completely freaked out saying that Leona had to go."

"I'm coming over with the cops. Now." I hung up, but I felt uneasy. They were arguing over his feelings for Leona?

He still had feelings for her?

It made me nervous even though I know Lee loved me. It's just that she had a connection with Damien and Malaki. He had the power to bring back the little boy.

With him present, she could have a full family with Damien.

I squirmed.

No. I will not doubt her.

I love her. She loves me.

I hadn't even realized I reached Damien's house. He was already standing outside and pacing. "James! I know she did this. She just disappeared this morning, and I had a bad feeling. She's on drugs, man. I'm going to lose my kid."

He looked completely torn. My past animosity melted, but I needed all the info.

"Where are places that you'd expect her to go?" I felt like I was doing the job for the cops. I huffed in annoyance, but continued to badger Damien.

The faster I got answers. the faster I got my baby back.

***

Leona's POV

We'd been sitting in a tensed silence when a phone rang. To be honest, I didn't know what Lillian was waiting for.

I think that scared me more than anything.

"Hello?"

"Lilly baby?" Damien? I perked up. Maybe this is what I needed!

"Damien. Baby, what do you need?" Lily tried to have a sweet voice, but her impatience bled into the conversation.

"I'm sorry about this morning. You're the only woman for me. She was never my concern." Lily's face softened a tad bit.

"I just love you so much, Damien. I'll do anything for you. Anything." She didn't give him a chance to answer before she hung up. A knife that I didn't know she had, appeared.

This was it. I'm going to die.

The knife glinted in the light as Lily walked over to me. I felt the knife close to my neck when another voice appeared.

"I told you not to harm her, Lillian."

***

"We got a trace! She's only 5 miles away." Damien looked at the point located on the map.

"That's where one of our vacation spots are! That's where they have to be."

I pray it is where they are.

We all gathered to go to the house, but a young cop stopped me. "Sir, I think it's better if you stay home.

I felt boiling rage build up. "Don't you dare keep me from going out there. This is my wife!"

"She's not your wife yet." I really could've punched him in the face, but I'm no good to Leona if I'm jail for punching him. I clenched my jaw and balled my fists, but turned and walked away.

This little rookie was not going to keep me from my Leona.

***

Leona's POV

I knew that voice, and I was afraid to turn around. It sounded so evil, so cold. I knew there was no way I could bargain with her.

If she wanted me dead, I'm dead.

"Nice to see you again, Dr. Davis. Our last meeting wasn't so pleasant." I guess she meant when James had transferred her because she tried to seduce him.

Christina was still as beautiful as ever in yoga pants and an exercise shirt, but a gun glinted in the light.

She told Lily not to kill me because she wanted to do the honors. I closed my eyes and started to cry. I was never going to meet my babies. I wasn't going to see Jamie again. I wasn't going to see Uri again. I wasn't even going to see my stuffy grandmother again.

Christina raised the gun to shoot me, when a voice rang out.

"THIS IS THE POLICE. WE HAVE THE PLACE SURROUNDED. COME OUT WITH YOUR HANDS UP."

"Dammit I knew Lillian was too messy for this job. I knew it." Christina gripped the gun tighter, and I shut my eyes. I didn't want to watch my life end.

The gun went off.

All I saw was black.

***

James' POV

All the blood drained from my face.

No. No. No. Not gunshots. No.

I refuse to believe it. I refuse to believe it. I refuse to believe it.

No.

The cops didn't wait any longer and rushed into the house with guns raised. I felt it in my heart. Someone was going to die today.

I heard screaming and more shots and I just closed my eyes in pain. I never wanted anything like this to happen. Even if Lillian did kidnap her, I didn't want her to be dead.

The paramedics were finally cleared to go in, and they rushed in with 3 stretchers.

3?

It was only Lily and Leona in there, right?

The first stretcher came out and was rushing Lily into the ambulance. She has been shot in the chest, but was still alive. She was not in good shape at all, but she had to live.

She had to live for Damien. As much as he claimed feelings for Leona, that frantic look in his eyes was consistent with seeing the love of your life in a bad state.

The next stretcher rolled out and there was a white sheet covering the face. I was so scared to look, so freaking scared to look. But then I noticed that the body was too skinny to belong to my pregnant Leona.

There was no baby bump there, and as I looked more, there was long flowing hair. It wasn't curly like Leona's was.

It wasn't her. Thank god it wasn't her.

"Sir, do you think you can identify the body?" That same rookie cop who told me to stay away was now asking for my help. I would've scoffed it he didn't look green in the face and so solemn.

It was clearly is first dead body, and I wasn't going to give him grief for it. I realized I was being so calloused about a dead person, but I couldn't find it in me to feel for this person.

This person who threatened my fiancee. Threatened my babies. My family. I had no remorse. Nothing.

They flipped back the white sheet and I stared into the lifeless eyes of Christina.

Christina.

I couldn't feel anything. Not for her. "This is my past assistant, Christina. I'll come later and officially identify her. She doesn't have any family." The cop nodded and walked away.

Where's Lee.

"Where's Leona? Why is it taking so long her her to come out?" I was getting a little frantic, but I was going to keep my cool some. There's still hope.

"Sir, I need you to calm down. Dr. Davis went into early labor. We are trying to safely get her out of the room and to the hospital."

*******************************************************************************

Hey guys! This chapter is definitely different with all the POV changes, but I hope its okay for you! And I know I said I was going to post this yesterday, but I fell asleep lol

Anyway, this is the last chapter. I really hoped you guys enjoyed this book! I'm sorry I kept y'all waiting so often. I'm just so glad that y'all kept supporting me through school and everything.

Anyway for the last time in this book...

Vote! Comment! Fan me!

Love you guys <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80.8K 2.8K 11
Everything began good. She was truly falling for him until her mother spilled the news that she had traded Amy for a children's father. She was trade...
408K 10K 26
What will happy when a girl gets married to a billionaire, the CEO of a popular company and at the same time work with him as his assistant? Read to...
50.4K 340 200
Finding someone online turns soon into true love. Then that love turns into having a family. What can happen to that loving family they created? Chea...
918K 15.4K 29
(Previously titled: Maybe It Wasn't Love After all) Luna Jackson had a great marriage. Key word Had. Her marriage officially started falling apart af...