The Assassin In Twisted Wonde...

By azumaharu070301

Tokaku Azuma is a 17-year-old teenage girl who was raised in the Azuma family, a family with an ancient assas... More

Introduction
Prologue
The Deadly Girl
Contract
Became A Part of Octavinelle
First Day As ....
Unique or Curse
Her Life Now
That boy...
Octavinelle chapter: Rebellious Encounter
School Business and The Truth About Eurus
Anything of their orders for her desire
Tempting Lure
Temporarily Relief
The Dangerous Fellow
Spine Gold!
Knowledge Squeeze- Episode 19 of Chapter 3
Jolting Electrification- Episode 22 of Chapter 3
Contract Dissolution
Melancholy of the Black Sea
Erasing the Past
So We Settled
Museum Travelogue
Identity Revealed
Dealing with Weirdness
Schemer of the Scandling Sands
Schemer of the Scalding Sands
Schemer of the Scalding Sands: Staying Discreet
Cunning Mellow- Episode 20 of Chapter 3
Schemer of the Scalding Sands:Thwarted by Heart
Schemer of the Scalding Sands: Setting the Bait
Schemer of the Scalding Sands: All Caught on Stream
Schemer of the Scalding Sands: A Scathing Retort
Schemer of the Scalding Sands: Aquatic Support
Concern One to Another
Feelings Long Held
Scarabia Conclusion
Friends
A Day Without Tokaku
Dealing With The Sulking Floyd
Hard to Let Go Of It- Part 2 Of Dealing with the Sulking Floyd
We're Good Now- Final Part Of Dealing with the Sulking Floyd
Would you like to Join Me?
I'd Join You
Happy Birthday Tokaku Azuma And Azul Ashengrotto
Only Beauty Kidnapped The Ugly Ones
Watch your Attitude
Day One at Pomefiore
Dormmates or Friends
Cannot Deny
Bump At Midnight
Think Creatively
Lake Where We Converse
A Pharmacy Project
A Morning Blueprint- Episode 26 of Chapter 3
A Medicine For The Heart
Return At Last
They Like Each Other
A New But Familiar Mentor
While Tokaku Was Unconscious
The Mentor
A Birthday Gift for Jade
The Assassin, The Mentor and The Students
The Assassin, The Mentor and The Octavinelle Vice House Warden
The Assassin, The Mentor and The Octavinelle Vice House Warden - part 2
The Assassin, The Mentor and The Pomefiore Student
The Assassin, The Mentor and The Savanaclaw
The Assassin and The Octavinelle Vice House Warden
The Assassin, The Pomefiore Student and the Octavinelle Vice House Warden
The Assassin, The Octavinelle Vice House Warden, The Diasomnia Vice House Warden
The Assassin, The Octavinelle Vice House Warden, The Pomefiore Freshman
The Octavinelle Vice House Warden and The Mentor
The Mentor, Assassin and School Staff
The Bad News and The School
The Merman and His Family
The Mentor and The Assassin
Happy Birthday Tokaku 2th Anniversary
The Plan
The Lovely Reunion
A Cruise Day
Cruise Date
Off the Cruise
The Ghostly Aunt And Her Niece
The Ghostly Aunt And Mother
The Unspoken Past

Schemer Of The Scandling Sands

506 17 0
By azumaharu070301

Writer's note:

I've skipped a few chapters until On the Seafloor. Sorry, to announce this late but I've been writing chapters where only there are the Octavinelle moments. Stay tuned for more Tokaku x Octavinelle adventures.

(On The Seafloor)

Enma and Grim found themselves seeking refuge at the Mostro Lounge after escaping from the Scarabia House with the help of a magical carpet. After a rough landing, they lay on the floor, bewildered by their surroundings in the darkness.

Suddenly, the light switched on, revealing the Mostro Lounge. To their surprise, they had arrived at their destination.

"Well, well. What have we here? Patrons in search of a midnight snack, perhaps?" Jade remarked, observing Enma and Grim on the restaurant floor.

"Aw, man. I was fully prepared to catch any burglars trying to steal our food supplies. It's just the little Shrimpy and the Seal," pouted Floyd, who was sitting beside Enma.

Tokaku stood among them, studying Enma and Grim. "Their scents... it's Enma and Grim."

"Lame," replied the messy teal-haired male.

Flashback:

The crashing noise startled the twins and Tokaku awake. They all met in the hallway while heading to the Mostro Lounge.

"Jade, Floyd," called the blue-haired girl.

"A pleasant evening, Tokaku," Jade greeted in return.

"Not so pleasant, actually. Did that loud noise wake you up too, Blue Shark?" Floyd chimed in, addressing Tokaku.

Tokaku nodded. "The sound clearly came from the Mostro Lounge. I could hear tables being flipped over and glasses shattering."

"And with a little imagination, we can picture the chaos. Let's secure the Mostro Lounge immediately," suggested the neat teal-haired male. Tokaku and Floyd agreed.

#Flashback ends.

"What...? Why are you guys here?" Grim asked the twins and Tokaku.

"Haven't we already gone over this? We can't go home during the winter break due to the ice floes, remember?" Floyd replied to the feline.

"Wait, so we're in Octavinelle?!" questioned Grim.

"Yes, specifically inside the Mostro Lounge," answered Jade.

"It's quite obvious at first glance," added Tokaku.

"We... we made it! Finally, we've escaped from that dreadful prison!" Grim exclaimed happily. The flying carpet beside the feline jumped with joy as well.

"A prison? Could you provide more details?" the neat teal-haired male inquired.

"And what's this rectangular flounder-looking object?" his twin asked.

"It seems to resemble Kalim's magic carpet," Jade replied.

Suddenly, Tokaku caught the scent of a group of individuals approaching the restaurant hastily. "Incoming intruders," she warned the others.

All of a sudden, multiple individuals stepped in.

"There's no escape for you now, thieves!" exclaimed a golden-haired Scarabian male.

"Surrender quietly!" yelled a purple-haired male.

"Meow?! You chased us all the way here?! You guys are seriously persistent!" Grim was shocked to see the Scarabian males.

"What did you do to make them so eager to capture you?" Tokaku asked Enma.

"It's a long story, but it doesn't mean we committed a crime," answered the black-haired male.

"Hey, isn't that the crazy girl who caused chaos at the entrance ceremony?" questioned the purple-haired Scarabian male, surprised to see the blue-haired girl.

"You're right, and she's also the one who once called the masked freshman of Octavinelle. She knocked down several students who violated Azul's contracts by using tranquilizer needles," replied the golden-haired male.

Upon hearing the conversation, the girl crossed her arms and glared. "Really? Are we going to bring up that nickname again?"

Jade chuckled beside her. "Don't let it get to you, Tokaku. You'll only embarrass yourself."

Just then, Azul arrived, his footsteps echoing in the room.

"What's all the commotion at this late hour?" asked the grey-haired male.

"You're Azul Ashengrotto, the house warden of Octavinelle!" exclaimed the purple-haired male.

"Would you care to explain what's happening here?" Azul demanded from the Scarabian males.

"It's none of Octavinelle's business! Just quietly hand over the two of them," the golden-haired male exclaimed expansively.

Suddenly, a dose needle was thrown at the male. He noticed and swiftly dodged it.

"He's asking you to explain," said Tokaku, her eyes fixed on the male, glowing fiercely in blue.

"Take it easy, Tokaku," ordered Azul to the blue-haired girl. "Now that I'm taking a closer look, are those Yuu and Grim sprawled and trembling on our floor? They appear so disheveled. I mistook them for a pair of dusty cloths," the grey-haired male asked the Scarabian males.

"Hey! Who are you calling dusty cloths?!" Grim exclaimed to the male.

Meanwhile, Enma panted, exhausted from dealing with the chaos that unfolded. "I have no energy left in me. Please, can you help us?" he begged the Octavinelle expansively.

Azul hummed as he pondered the situation.

"If you refuse to hand them over, you'll be implicated in their wrongdoing as well," the golden-haired male exclaimed.

"Hey, are you trying to mock me here? Who do you think you're talking to?" Floyd exclaimed, his pupils shrinking.

"No fighting of any kind is permitted in the Mostro Lounge. This is a place for gentlemen," advised Azul to the Scarabian males.

"What was that? You're interfering?" yelled the golden-haired male.

"Fine. We'll do this the hard way!" exclaimed the purple-haired male.

"Hmph. I believe it's time we asked these impolite patrons to leave. Jade, Floyd, show them the door. And Tokaku, please assist our guests on the floor," ordered Azul to the twins and Tokaku.

"Yes, sir. We're on it," the three of them answered.

(Smiling Tacticians)

Jade and Floyd engaged in a fierce battle with the Scarabian males, while Tokaku provided support to Enma and Grim as they recovered from the fight. Ultimately, they were victorious and defeated the two Scarabian males.

"Argh... Retreat for now!" commanded the golden-haired male, grudgingly accepting defeat.

"You haven't seen the last of us!" warned the purple-haired male before both Scarabian males hastily fled from the Mostro Lounge.

"Go on and scatter, you bunch of minnows! Aha ha!" laughed Floyd triumphantly.

"We'll be eagerly awaiting your next visit to our lounge," added Jade, tauntingly.

"Meow- HAH! We did it! You see that?! That's what you get, you buncha jerks!" shouted Grim happily.

Tokaku spoiled the scene, crossing her arms and scolding the feline. "Don't get too excited over a fight that doesn't involve you."

"I hate to rain on your parade, but... I'm afraid we'll have to charge you for the repair fees for the tables and chairs damaged during the fight, along with our labor rates since we were dragged into this affair," Azul interrupted.

"What?! You're charging us for that?!" exclaimed Grim in surprise.

"Surely it's a small price to pay for rescuing you from perilous depths?" smirked Azul.

"First, we get dragged into Scarabian infighting, and now this... I swear, there isn't a decent person in this whole school!" cried the feline in frustration.

"... I'm sorry. Come again? What's this about Scarabian infighting?" questioned Azul, intrigued by the mention.

Enma, although exhausted, offered to explain. "Buckle up. This is a long story. So here's the deal..." He proceeded to tell the tale of their journey to Scarabia and their encounters with the Scarabian males.

"The house warden of Scarabia is acting out of control, you say?" questioned Azul after listening intently to the whole story.

"Yeah! Kalim's putting all his dormmates through the wringer every day, nonstop," grumbled Grim.

The grey-haired male reacted with shock. "I wouldn't have expected that from Kalim, of all people."

The twins also expressed surprise, their faces a mirror of shock. Only Tokaku remained silent, taken aback by the Leech brothers' rare expressions.

"Vice Housewarden Jamil has his hands full trying to deal with it. He's a decent guy, which is pretty rare for this school. I feel kinda bad for him," Grim continued, crossing his paws.

Azul fell silent for a moment, Tokaku watching him from a distance.

"Azul, you're in Jamil's class, right?" Jade asked the grey-haired male.

"Yes. We also share several electives. Our paths cross often. Grim might be right when he says that Jamil is a rarity in this school. He's... demure and poised, rarely expressing his opinions," answered Azul, reflecting on his classmate.

"Yeah, I'm in the basketball club with Sea Snake, and he always acts like a goody-goody. I never paid much attention to the other dorms, so I had no idea he was the vice housewarden for Scarabia," added Floyd.

"That's just who you are," Tokaku remarked to the messy teal-haired male.

"Now that we know he's having trouble dealing with his housewarden's actions, it sounds like I should offer my assistance," Azul trailed off and decided with a smile.

"What? Did you hit your head or something when I wasn't looking?" Grim couldn't believe that Azul, finally, volunteered to help them.

"Why, I never. The last incident forced me to reflect on my selfishness. I emerged from it a changed man. Moving forward, I've decided to contribute to the school as a whole, in honor of the Sea Witch's spirit of benevolence. Now that Scarabia is facing a crisis and my very own classmate needs help... I can hardly ignore them in their time of need," explained Azul.

"Oooh?" Floyd raised an eyebrow.

"Oh-ho," Jade grinned, the siblings intrigued by Azul's sudden change of heart.

Observing the situation, Enma couldn't help but sweatdrop. "I know people can change, but does it seem like these guys have changed while still keeping their mischievous nature?" he pondered aloud.

"Not everyone can change completely. Besides, you'll get used to their mischief if you were in my shoes," Tokaku replied to the black-haired male.

"How did you handle them then?" the male inquired.

"I don't care. Plus, I analyze their behavior so I can better navigate the situation," answered Tokaku with a straight face, leaving the male speechless.

Azul began his speech, "It's just as well. I tire of the same routine every year. Why don't we pay Scarabia a visit tomorrow?"

Grim reacted with surprise at Azul's decision. "Seriously? We just escaped from that place, and now you want us to march right back in?"

"C'mon, Sealie-o, don't be like that," coaxed Floyd, trying to convince the feline.

"Have some faith in Azul. I'm sure he'll make this a holiday to remember," added Jade optimistically.

"It would be rude to visit without bringing gifts. Jade, Floyd, don't forget to wrap them up. And Tokaku, would you mind sharing some of the perfume you recently made?" Azul instructed both the twins and the girl.

"Yes, sir. Yes, SIR!" replied the twins, emphasizing their obedience with a chuckle, except for Tokaku, who simply nodded.

"I could think of much worse ways to spend winter break than in a scorching desert. I can already tell this is going to be quite enjoyable. Heh heh heh..." mumbled Azul to himself, letting out a snicker.

(Unwanted Addition)
At Scarabia, the two Scarabian males returned to their scalding sands dormitory after their failed attempt to apprehend Enma and Grim.

"I still can't believe the Ramshackle pair fled to Octavinelle," grumbled the golden-haired Scarabian male.

"And they stole the magic carpet. If the housewarden were to find out about this... Rrgh, what should we do?" added the purple-haired male, questioning his companion.

"I think it would be best to start by taking this matter to Vice Housewarden Jamil," suggested the golden-haired male.

Suddenly, Azul, Jade, Floyd, and Tokaku, followed by Enma and Grim, appeared.

"Hello, gentlemen. Mind if we join you?" greeted Azul to the two Scarabian males.

"Good GRAVY, it's hot here. Feels like the middle of summer," complained Floyd.

The Scarabian males gasped in shock. "You're the Octavinelle guys who gave us a thrashing last night!"

"What do you want with Scarabia?"

"Allow me to apologize for what happened last evening. It seemed like you were bullying defenseless animals, and I stood up for them out of the goodness of my heart. However, after hearing their story, it became clear to me that the Ramshackle residents were thieves who had stolen Scarabia's magic carpet. Once I realized my mistake, I took personal responsibility for the matter. I apprehended the criminals, and I came here to return the magic carpet to its rightful owner," announced the grey-haired male to the Scarabian males.

"Rgh... It's not fair, I tell you..." whispered Grim beside the flying carpet. The flying carpet nodded in agreement. Meanwhile, Enma whispered to Tokaku beside him, "What's Azul doing?"

"If you can't wait, then we'll leave you to them," answered the blue-haired girl.

"... That's not the answer I was looking for," sweatdropped the black-haired male.

Returning to the current moment, the two Scarabian males were at a loss for words.

"W- well, uh..." the golden-haired male trailed off.

"Thank you for the... help?" said the purple-haired male.

Suddenly, they heard footsteps approaching. It turned out to be Jamil.

"Guys, it's time for morning training. If you're late, Kalim will-" the olive black-haired male began before he was taken aback by the sight of Azul and his dormmates.

"Why, Jamil! Hello there. How are you?" greeted Azul to Jamil.

"Azul Ashengrotto... and the Leech brothers as well? What are you doing here?" asked Jamil, his eyes falling on Tokaku.

He was shocked. "Azul, isn't that the mad girl behind you?"

Upon hearing the male's comment, Tokaku sighed and shook her head. "Yes, you're right. But please be polite and call her Tokaku. Do not worry, she wouldn't harm you even if she wanted to."

"Are you sure about that?" questioned the olive black-haired male.

"Sea Snake, don't be so doubtful. Blue Shark is a good girl. We have taken good care of her since the entrance ceremony," convinced Floyd.

"What he said is true. Tokaku is very obedient to the three of us. She wouldn't dare to take any ruthless action without our confirmation," added Jade.

"... If you say so, I am still doubtful, but I'll let it go for now," said Jamil after contemplating the situation.

Meanwhile, Tokaku suddenly sensed something dangerous coming from the olive black-haired male. "He smells like a cobra hiding under the sand," she thought, staring at him.

"By the way, where might Kalim be? I'm here to return his magic carpet," Azul asked Jamil.

"Er, ah... If you need to deliver something, I can take it to him," the olive black-haired male offered.

"Oh, but I insist! This magic carpet is a legendary artifact on par with national treasures. If it were to be discovered damaged later, Octavinelle would be held responsible. We can't let that happen, can we? I would prefer to hand it to Kalim in person and have him assess its condition firsthand," the grey-haired male refused.

"Kalim wouldn't mind if it was damaged. Let me take it off your hands, okay?" Jamil replied.

"Do not worry. I won't even ask for my standard twenty percent finder's fee," Azul refused.

"Consider it our way of apologizing for our uncouth behavior towards Scarabia last night," Jade convinced the olive black-haired male.

"We also brought a seafood pizza as a little present. You wouldn't want it to get cold, would you?" Floyd added.

"The point is, I would much prefer to deliver it in person. Is Kalim awake by now, do you think?" the grey-haired male questioned.

"No, really, he's not feeling up for any..." Jamil began to reply before Azul suddenly entered the Scarabia House without permission.

"Hey! You can't just barge in, Azul!" yelled the olive black-haired male, chasing after him.

Meanwhile, Jade turned to Enma and asked, "Shall we, Yuu?"

"You'd better keep up, Blue Shark," Floyd said to Tokaku.

"Enma is more like a snail compared to us," the blue-haired girl turned her head away as she walked away from the males.

Grim chuckled and teased the black-haired male. "She calls you a SNAIL! Meow ha ha!"

Enma narrowed his eyes at the feline as it laughed at him.

"And you're just as slow as a tortoise, with that green shell of yours," retorted the girl, slapping the feline with her offensive words.

"Meow-what?! You want a flame in your mouth!" Grim yelled back at her.

"Do it, and I'll throw my knife at you," replied Tokaku, glaring at the feline.

"Now now, you two. This is not the right time for a fight. We are guests here, so please behave well at the owner's house," Jade interrupted their fight and convinced them to settle down.

"You should calm down this cat first," Tokaku ordered the neat teal-haired male.

"And do the same to her!" Grim pointed to the blue-haired girl.

"Okay, both of you, shut up!" Enma exclaimed, stepping in between their fight as he couldn't stand their arguing. The feline and the girl were taken aback as the black-haired male pushed them apart.

Jade and Floyd, who witnessed the scene, smiled and said, "Thanks for the help, Yuu." The neat teal-haired male thanked Enma.

"That's right. Blue Shark can be quite stubborn when it comes to fights she's not satisfied with," added his twin.

Enma released a heavy sigh, expressing his impatience. "Shouldn't we be meeting the host of this splendid house?" His gaze lingered on the group expectantly.

Jade, always composed, assuredly responded, "Indeed, Enma. Shall we proceed then?" With a sense of anticipation, they made their way into the illustrious Scarabia House.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

664K 33.5K 61
A Story of a cute naughty prince who called himself Mr Taetae got Married to a Handsome yet Cold King Jeon Jungkook. The Union of Two totally differe...
958K 21.8K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
605K 9.4K 87
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...