Chasing Hell

بواسطة ChachiKawaii

** TheLiteraryAwards2017 Winner as BEST VAMPIRE STORY ** [DATE STARTED: January 2015] ❝She's a school-hopper... المزيد

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER ONE: Take A Picture If You Must. You Seem Amazed By Me
CHAPTER TWO: I Want You To Be Mine
CHAPTER THREE: So Basically, They're Like Satan, Lucifer and Judas
CHAPTER FOUR: The Freaking Kiss Was His Kind OF Fun. Dammit!
CHAPTER FIVE: Oh That Egocentric, Self-Absorbed, Walking Death Threat...
CHAPTER SIX: I Swear To My Granny Wessler That I'll Woman UP
CHAPTER SEVEN: Maybe We Should Ask For Hell's Protection
CHAPTER EIGHT: Not A Star-Crossed Lover But An All-Time Tom And Jerry Tale
CHAPTER NINE: Why The Sudden Good Samaritan, Treyson?
CHAPTER TEN: I Am Not A Dog Pound For Annoying Lost Puppies
CHAPTER ELEVEN: This Guy's a Nightmare Dressed Like a Daydream.
CHAPTER TWELVE: I Swore To Myself, I Will Never Let Him Play With Me Again
CHAPTER THIRTEEN: Binding Half My Soul To Her, Made Me Feel Alive.
CHAPTER FOURTEEN: I Really Hate How I Like That Jerk!
CHAPTER FIFTEEN: I Just Happen To Have Onion Squeezed In My Eyes.
CHAPTER SIXTEEN: Have An Impenetrable Barrier From An Outsider's Affection.
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: Bring Out The Killing Machines, Torture Me To Death
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: Kim Kardashian With Her Photoshop-ed Ass Will Be Ashamed
CHAPTER NINETEEN: Julia Child, Come Save Me!
CHAPTER TWENTY: Your Pain Will Be My Death
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE: You Are Mine, Heather. And I Don't Share
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO: A Lovely Dream I Shared With Him Under The Starry Skies
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR: The Whole Truth or Keeping A Safe Distance
Important!
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE: He's Not The Danger, He's The Safe Zone
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX: Because I Wasn't Able To Save You Before!
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN: Being With Him is the Danger I Am Willing to Confront
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT: Smile At Me. Like I'm Your Most Favorite Person
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE: I Wonder How You Got Yourself A Quarterback
CHAPTER THIRTY: Respect Isn't Demanded. It Is For You To Gain
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE: I Don't Want To Make The Same Mistake Twice
CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO: You're The Everlasting Torture That I Am Willing To Endure
CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE: Do What You're Good At
AUTHOR'S FAVOR :)
CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR: What A Greedy Jerk.
CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE: You Were The Good Side I Was Never Meant to Have but I Had
CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX: The Devil Was Tamed
CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN: That's My Language of Love, Baby Doll
CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT: What Did I Ever Do To Deserve You
CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE: You Can Be Really Sweet, You Know That, Right?

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE: Sleep. Or Do You Want Me To Read You A Bedtime Story?

3K 102 24
بواسطة ChachiKawaii

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE: Sleep. Or Do You Want Me To Read You A Bedtime Story?

I walked up along the patio that leads to the front porch of the house trying to contemplate why Kohell's mood suddenly changed into the old him; the almost cold, violent and intimidating him. I know he has this very bad moodswing but regarding what he had shown me awhile ago, it really put me on the situation I am right now. It got me thinking and wondering and some more thinking.

I must admit that I am on high hopes that he won't be back to what he waz before. But what he did, just gave it away. He'll forever be that douche bag who surely knows how to ruin a fantastic and romantic night.

Romantic? Did I just consider it as romantic? Which part of it was romantic, Heaven? Oh yes, those moments when he pulled up some cheesy punchlines on mr. I guess, that's really what guys can do. They're just like that.

"I thought I told you to stay away from him?"

I turned in various directions, seeking who could possibly be the owner of the voice. And as if on cue, a black hooded person emerged from the from behind a tree and I know without second thoughts that it was Selene.

I couldn't see clearly because the light from the lampost was directed on her back and it gave me quite the creeps, if I'm being honest. Just by the thought that a hooded girl is walking towards me with God knows what her intentions would be.

"I tried, Selene." I said nervously as I took a few steps backwards.

"I won't hurt you, Heather." She said in a calm voice.

"Neither would he." I said bluntly.

"Not yet." She countered.

"What exactly do you want? If it's to ask me to steer clear from his path, I can't do that. He's my classmate. He's my partner at P.E Class and I happened to be a cheerer for his quarterback ass. So if we look closely into the situation, it would be hard to stay away from him." I explained.

"Then leave." She retorted.

"What?" I asked annoyed.

"Leave this hell place, Heather. You don't belong here. You don't even belong anywhere. You're not what you think you are."

"And you think you know what I am?" I asked in sarcasm.

"Yes. And I know what Hell is. He's a dangerous person."

"Oh please. Tell me something I don't know. Look, yes what you think about Kohell might be right. He's dangerous in so many levels. But the thing is, as long as you don't give him permission to destroy you or break you, he can't. I can manage. Thanks a lot for the concern."

"No, you don't understand, Heather."

"Then make me understand in a language in which I can digest. Don't loiter around the place and just get to the fucking point!" I hissed.

She sighed.

"Meet me at the mouth of the Mystic Woods tomorrow after sundown. I'll show you something." She said.

"Mystic Woods? But... But it's forbidden to be in there. That place was considered dangerous since..."

"Just be there. Please. I'm here to help you." She pleaded.

"I--"

"Heavs, is that you?"

I heard Errine's voice from the front porch and as the light from inside the house illuminated the pathway, I turned to Selene's direction and found out that she wasn't there anymore.

I puffed a sigh of relief. It wouldn't be right if Errine saw me talking to Selene. Though she might have known that Selene was alive, I couldn't bring to tell her that Selene came to warn me regarding Kohell and that Selene was responsible for the bloody note.

One thing I wasn't able to ask Selene was if she's responsible for the whispers and the bite from that horrible night. In contrast to what Selene's been showing me, which was damn close to kindness. The whispers and the bite inflicted a murderous impact to me. But I am really dying to know who could've done that and why would he or she do that to me. Regardless of the fact that it can be dangerous, I need to know.

I slowly made my way towards the door where Errine's waiting and greeted her with a conserved smile.

"Were you talking to someone?" She asked.

"Yes, I was." I answered as I made my way past her and took my coat off.

"Who was it?" She asked as she closed the door behind her and faced me with her hands crossed over his chest. In some way that looked like what my Nanny used to do whenever I was late from school. "Was it Hell?"

"Uhh, yeah. He dropped me off after we hang out." I answered and headed to the kitchen to drink water and I was't surprised to see Errine followed me.

"If you're going to ask me how it went, don't bother. Kohell knows how to ruin a perfectly good night. He does it flawlessly and effortlessly and I didn't even realized it not until he dropped me off and disappeared in a snap of a finger. I'm tired, Rine. I want to go to bed." I said and looked at her apologetically.

"Okay, goodnight." She said.

It is quite painful that I had shut her off for the second time already. And it breaks my heart to see as the sadness emerged from her happy face.

I only did that because I don't want to feel the same disappointment I felt before the night ended. And he ended it in a Kohell Damien Treyson way; in a painful way.

I scurried to my room with the pleasnt thought of being able to relax after this bittersweet night. I just want to chade away the pain, disappointment, doubts and all the negativities which surprisingly happened all in one night. How cool is that?

As I closed the door behind me, I admired the moonlight that crept from the window as it illuminated a few areas of my room. The curtains from the sliding door of the balcony were shut, giving thr window thr opportunity to serve it's purpose as the small gateway of light.

I guess I wanted to leave it that way since it almost reflects my current mood and how coincidental it had been. It was somewhat nice.

I traveled the dark space of my room and sat at the edge of my bed.

Although painful, I stood up and walked towards the closed curtains of the balcony door and got rid of it. I opened the sliding door and slipped my tiny body onto the small opening I made.

Cold night breeze slammed on my bare skin. I totally forgot that I took ny coat off and now, the cold of the night greeted me once again. I tried to endure the chilly feeling and on the deep corner of my thoughts, I seek the comfort and calming sensation that Kohell talked about. He said it was calming and I stayed in there waiting for that moment.

My eyes trailed its way onto the dark skies and sighed at the picture that's in front of me. Countless tiny twinkling stars glistened like gorgeous glossy pearls on the ocean of darkness. These tiny things in my eyes brought huge realization on me. That even the smallest things in this world have it's own beauty in the simplest way.

But despite the obvious admiration shown in my eyes, the pain and disappointment I tried to keep at bay, resurfaced. For I realized that it was him who taught me that. It was him who opened my eyes to discover this.

The heavy feeling on my chest dominated me and is now affecting my whole body, especially my eyes. The night sky and sparkling stars went blurry before my eyes and turned cloudy along with the tears forming.

Why am I hurt like this? It's not as if we really shared a very romantic night together, didn't we? He just put menon cloud nine and fantasy and on the next moment, he robbed me of my happiness by hastily dragging me home and left right after that. What a cool way of ruining it! What could his explanation be?

The slow and ticklish fall of a tear on my cheek reminded me of my stupidity. I am stupid to actually feel bad about this. That's Kohell we are talking about. He is a bad boy, the baddest boy I've ever known, he ought and remains to be a bad boy no matter what. His capability of breaking hearts is always his unwavering appellation. He has his way of turning happiness and laughter into sad tears. And that's what he did. I, of all, know that he's capable of doing nasty thing as I had already been told a brief background of his life. I was an utter idiot for believing he would be nice. I shouldn't even feel a tad bit of pain. I should've braced myself. But all I did eas to disappoint and fail myself. Maybe that's why I was hurt. Maybe that's what the problem was. It's not him. He just played his game. It was me. I let him play with me and this is the price I had to pay.

I promised myself I wouldn't be just like any other girls he's dumped. But I found myself looking like an utter idiot whilst falling in line with them. I was stupid for thinking that what he said was true. Darn. Or am I just overreacting and assumming things?

I wiped the annoying tears away and let out an exasperated sigh before stomping my way inside the dark room.

Without any more hesitations, I filled the tub with water and stripped down the last piece of clothing I have in my body. Once the water on the tub was on the level of my liking, I turned the faucet off and submerged my body onto the cool water. In high hopes that the water could beat the frustration I am feeling.

Little by little, air from my mouth escaped. I was hoping I could stay longer in the water at the thought of the relaxation it brought me. I emptied my head of every bad thing that dwells inside of it as I closed my eyes. I never thought that my state of vulnerability can actually make me feel relaxed. I didn't have to worry about anything else other than resurfacing again to find relief of breathing.

My eyes were closed as I went past oblivion and endless darkness. I was so sure of the peace I had in mind until something crept inside my head.

The dream that I was drowning.

That near death experience of suffocation. It seemed so real. As the little bubbles of air escaped my mouth, fear struck me and so I opened my eyes.

What I saw gave me another fright of my life!

For standing near my tub was a black hooded figure. The tiny waves on the water from my sudden shock made it blurry but her evil grin was very visible. Yes, it's a she. Those blood red lipstick gave explained it all. It's like someone clawed my heart out. For the terrifying figure I saw brought back those memories of the bite and the whisper.

I held onto the edges of the tub to lift my body up but as quickly as she could she gripped my hand and tried to yank it off from the edge of the tub. It was so painful and I unwillingly let go of my hold onto the tub. And the next thing she did was, she wrapped her fingers on my neck and strangled me. Stopping me from resurfacing.

All the waves it caused on the water made all things blurry. And along with it, I can't see her face.

I fought for my life. I struggled to break free from her. I used every ounce of energy I have and once my mouth caught air, I screamed for help. Hoping that Errine have heard it. But she was so strong that the next thing was, my body being submerged into the water again. I repeat the whole process and little by little, my strength failed me. Water entered my mouth and nose and it's beginning to be so hard to breathe. My eyesight went blurry and I can't see nothing but red liquid fusing with the water from the tub. Light slowly escaped me. I thought of dying and was sure to give up.

My eyelids felt heavy. Maybe because of too much exposure in the water. And my eyes are drooping.

I was sure to give up.

Warm hands wrapped itself on my body as it was being lifted and as my skin felt the chilly air, I gathered all the strength I have left and opened my eyes weakly. But I couldn't. The scent from his perfume made it easy for me to recognize him.

"Kohell..."

"Hang in there, Heather." He said.

His voice sounded so heavenly. Like angels went down and sang me a sweet lullaby. It was the most amazing sound I've ever heard my entire life. His voice felt so great and soothing that no matter what, how weak I am right now, I managed to carve a smile though tears are trickling down my cheeks.

His embrace felt so foreign because of the warmth it brought. The touch of his skin on mine felt magical. I didn't even care if he sees me naked or if he had touched my bare skin. I was just thankful that he had saved me.

I hung in there for as long as I could until I felt the softness of my bed and a cloth wrapped around my nakedness. I felt comfort and safety.

"Oh my God! Heaven, what happened?!" Errine said as she came running her way towards my side. Concern was evident in her voice.

I opened my eyes and as my pupils dilated in adjustment to the sudden brightness. Slowly, all became clear to me

Errine was sitting at the edge of my bed, concern and the same fear was evident in her eyes. At the corner of my eyes, I saw Kohell leaning by the window and hands crossed over his chest. His eyes showed no concern but suppressed anger.

"I-I don't know... Everything happened so fast. I was in the water and the next thing was..." My eyes became blurry with tears and my voice was so shaky.

"What happened next?" Errine asked while looking at me expectantly.

I was hesitant at first because Kohell is here but I thought otherwise. He saved me. I owe him an explanation. He ought to know too.

"There was a hooded figure of a girl. I saw her standing near the tub with a very creepy grin. I tried to lift my body up but she stopped me. She was so strong. Unimaginably strong. I was lucky enough to have screamed for help. She..." Tears began to fall as I retold the frightening story again. "She strangled me to death. She wants to kill me, Errine. I... I thought I would die." My voice was crack. I could feel my body shaking in fear.

That was when I felt a searing pain from the back of my head. I reached for it and as my fingertips came in contact with the hot liquid, my fear was intensified. I looked into it, afraid that the red liquid on the water was from it. And the force from that girl caused this.

"Oh my God, Heaven." Errine exclaimed. The sheer terror on her facr added up to my fear.

"G-Get the first aid kit." I managed to say.

Errine jolted up and hurried to the restroom and took the kit.

"That won't work. You need to be taken to a hospital." Kohell butted in. He looks a bit stiff and controlled. And from where he stand, I can see that he's controlling himself. His upper body was tensed and his jaw clenched.

"No! It's just a small cut." I lied. The pain was overwhelming and it's affecting my entire body. I don't want to be taken to a hospital. I'm afraid that if I would be there, I have to retell my story again and people won't believe. That they'd think I am crazy.

Errine returned with the kit.

"I don't know how to do this." Errine said.

"I'll do it." Kohell volunteered.

"Are you sure? The last time you saw my blood, you turned away and chickened out." Errine said.

Kohell winced at what Errine said. He walked towards me and said, "I can handle it. Go downstairs, prepare soup for your friend and be a little helpful and participative." Kohell commanded.

Errine just rolled her eyes at him and looked at me, asking for permission and I just nodded.

"Okay, okay." Errine said in surrender before heading towards the door. She stopped for a bit and glanced at me. I smiled at her in assurance and she headed off.

I turned my eyes to Kohell and he's looking at me, trying to calculate me.

"What?" I asked.

"Turn around." He commanded and I obliged.

I heard him take a deep breath and then the next thing was, I felt his fingers as it searched for the cut. It may be easy for him after all, because I am a blonde head. When he found it and touched it, maybe accidentally, I winced at the pain.

"Oh fuck it." He cussed under his breath and he sounded annoyed.

"What?!"

He took me by the shoulder and twisted my body so I was facing him. He sunk his teeth in his wrist and blood emerged from the bite mark.

"You have to drink my blood. It will heal you faster." He said out so casually. Like that's a normal thing.

"What? Are you insane?!" I exclaimed.

"You have to trust me, Heather. You don't want to be taken to a hospital and I obviously don't know how to treat that wound of yours. Thisis the only way I could help you. Complications may arise if I treated it the wrong way. You have to trust me in this. But I would have to make you forget."

"Oh my God! Are you--"

"Just drink it, Heather!"

And the next thing I knew, I was drinking his blood. As the liquid flowed through my veins, it felt so foreign. Like it's some kind of an unknown serum that I had never taken before. It tastes like blood but a little bit bitter.

I felt the fluid concentrated on my scalp at the back of my head. And then I no longer can feel the pain. It's like it never happened. Like it wasn't there at all.

I shoved his bloody hand away from me. I was terrified at what had happened and so I moved farther way from him.

"Don't be afraid, please?" Kohell pleaded in almost a whisper.

"I've read about this. It's all in my books. Their blood can heal people." My body is shaking again. I looked at him in great horror. Yet all I can see is the calm and composed Kohell.

"You're a vam--"

He cupped my face and seeked my eyes. He looked intently at it and said, "Forget about this. Forget I fed you my blood. Forget you know what I am. All you know is that I treated your wound. You'll only remember what I made you forget when I tell you so."

I blinked twice.

The door knob clicked and I heard a distant footstep. "Heavs, here's your--"

What happened next came as a shock to me. Kohell's soft lips crushed on my chapped one and it felt like firecrackers are bursting on my chest and it felt so great. Meanwhile, the butterflies on my stomach have waited for this very moment to magically transform into dragons. I feel so elated. The feeling's ecstatic. The touch of his soft lips on mine chased all my fears and inhibitions away. All the negativities that have happened slowly ebbed away. Slowly, I regained my strength. This was as close as heaven could get.

"Okay? There was no 'make out' sign at the door. I'm sorry to have disturbed you." Errine said in sarcasm and that made me wake up from this fantasy. I recoiled from him and away from the kiss.

I could feel the burning flame on my cheeks and I just bowed my head in embarrassment. Kohell lifted my chin up and said, "We have to bandage it."

I took that as an excuse to turn my red face away from him. I felt a little embarrassed at what happened. I let him put bandage on my cut.

"Excellent. You weren't finished with that and you thought of making out?" Errine said as she placed the tray of soup and glass of water on my night table.

"Shut up, Rine. He did a great effort." I answered.

"Of course he did. I can see that." She said in complete sarcasm. I just rolled my eyes.

"Done." Kohell said after he finished dressing my cut.

I spun to face him.

"Thanks." I let out my sweetest smile.

Errine mouthed, "flirt!" From behind Kohell and I just widened my eyes at her as a warning. She just grinned at me.

"I think my work here is done, ladies." Kohell said as he stood up.

"What? You have to go? What if.. What if she'll come back? What if she'll try to kill me again? What if she's just around here somewhere waiting for all of you to leave and snap at me?" I blabbered in great terror.

The thought if being alone at night gives me the creeps. I don't want to be left alone again.

Kohell sat beside me.

"Hey, hey. Calm down. That won't happen again. I won't let that happen. Okay?" He said and his voice was so comforting as he held my hand.

"I'm scared, Kohell."

"If only I could stay with you right now, I would. But I have to take care of something very important." He said apologetically. Thenit struck me, I am not that important to him.

"I'll stay with her." Errine cut in. "I'll stay with you, Heavs."

My eyes were glossy and I'm in the verge of crying. Kohell cupped my face and said, "You'll be okay." And then he kissed my forehead. That gesture was very calming.

He stood up and headed towards the door.

"Are you okay to let yourself out?" Errine asked him.

"Yeah." He answered.

He took one last glance at me and made his way out.

"Are you okay now?" Errine asked as she sat at the edge of my bed.

"I don't know, Rine." I answered.

She held my hand.

"You're still shaking." She said and took the bowl of soup from the tray. "Here. Eat this. It will help you regain your strength. We don't have to talk about what happened. Empty your head of it. We won't talk about it until we're sure that you're okay."

"Thank you, Rine." I said whole-heartedly.

"Shut up and just eat your soup. And please, put on some proper clothing. Kohell saw you naked." She teased and at the last sentence, she said it in a sing-song manner.

Heat surged to my cheeks as the idea of seeing me naked sunk in. God! That will be the second time he saw me naked!

I just smiled and shook my head. Lucky bastard

"You're smiling! You like it, don't you? You flirt!" She teased again

"Shut up." I said in embarrassment. I took a spoonful of the thick soup to my mouth. Not bothering to let it cool first. I winced at the pain as the hot soup burned my tongue.

I finished the soup and headed to the bathroom to change. I found the tub with pinkish water. I took courage to pull the stopper and drained the water. I changed into my red night gown. And went out to find Errine wasn't there.

The fear resurfaced.

"Errine? Errine!" I yelled.

The door slammed open and in came Errine who must've ran her way to get here as fast as she could.

"Heavs! Heavs, what happened?" She said, breathy.

"Nothing. I just thought you were gone. I thought you left me."

"Dear God, Heaven! You scared the shit out of me! I went downstairs to lock the doors and the windows, dummy."

"I'm sorry. I was just scared."

"I know. I understand you. C'mere." She said and pulled me into a hug. "You're going to be okay. Everything will be alright."

"I hope so."

"You have to rest. Sleep this one off."

"Yeah, I guess you're right."

I climbed on my bed and pulled the covers on my chest. Errine locked the balcony door and closed the curtains. She locked the window and was about to shut the curtains when I stopped her.

"No. Leave that one open."

"Are you sure?"

I nodded and she left it open. She locked the door of my room and turned the lights off. The only light that illuminated the room was from the lamp shade on both sides of my bed and the moonlight on the window.

Errine scoot over her side of the bed and pulled the covers.

"Sleep. Or do you want me to read you a bedtime story?" She joked.

"Silly." I said.

"Goodnight, Heavs."

"Sleep well, Rine."

The light from her side of the bed went out.

I looked at the window as the silver moonlight crept. I was rooting to see the stars again, but I can't.

Kohell might have had ruined the night when I thought it's the end of it. But I was wrong. It was yet to end. And what he did to save me was far more important. I overlook the ruined night. All I care now was how he saved me. How they both saved me. And that's something to be thankful about.

My eyelids felt heavy and so I reached for the lamp shade and flicked it off. Now, the only light left was from the window.

My eyes are drooping when I saw a black bird flew and landed on my window. A raven, I guess. And after that, I drifted to sleep thinking how grateful I am to have them in my life.

***

Author's Note:

Hey Chasers! It's been a while, right? I'm so sorry. I was inactive for a painful one month! :/ I won't explain. But here you gp, I brought with me an awesome update! Well, I think it's awesome. Hahaha. You judge it :D

And so we're back to the mystery/thriller genre? While writing this, there were goosebumps on my body. I really did imagine it! God! I scared myself! Damn.

Anyways, I guess you all know who the raven was. And speaking of which, I'll share this all to you.

I was walking on my way home from my cousins and it was already night time. I've had this moment of solitude and looked up to the sky. The moon was at it's roundest and it shined on a yellow glow. It was beautiful. And then I looked into the tiny stars and smiled at how it all flickered before my eyes so beautifully. And it came to me, the tiny flickering stars in the sky outshone the moon. And it was then that what Kohell said to Heaven made the most sense. It calmed me from my own frustration.

So if it isn't raining from wherever you are in this world, go out at night and look up into the sky. And tell me if you agreed to this.

I will update again very soon. Let me know about your insights about this chapter.

That'll be all.

Oops, I love Travis Maddox

HAHAHAHA.

Love while stargazing,
Chachi

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

9.2K 484 28
"Coupon?" He asked me his blue eyes glancing at mine as he tapped the cashier screen. "Coupon." I grinned and handed him the 15% off coupon. - 10 re...
3.3K 278 43
Luke never really liked the fact that his best friend Calum spent most of his time following another guy around, especially somebody who was so popul...
122K 2.6K 30
Michael walked forward pushing me against the wall. "Don't tell me what to do you spoiled little slut!" he yelled slapping me across the face...
25.1K 569 42
"What's that?" The boy quickly brought his hand to the girl's cheek, softly brushing over the purple skin, determined to not hurt her. But she still...