ROSES & THORNS

By Aura_Swan

Isabelle Rose Edward is your charming, beautiful and kind yet clever, witty and confident 23-year-old English... More

- S Y NO P S I S -
a e s t h e t i c s
- 1 -
- 2 -
- 3 -
- 4 -
- 5 -
- 6 -
- 7 -
- 8 -
- 9 -
- 1 0 -
- 1 1 -
- 1 2 -
- 1 3 -
- 1 4 -
- 1 5 -
- 1 6 -
- 1 7 -
- 1 8 -
- 1 9 -
- 2 0 -
- 2 1 -
- 2 2-
- 2 3 -
- 2 4 -
- 2 5 -
- 2 6 -
- 2 7 -
- 2 8 -
- 3 0 -
- 3 1 -
- 3 3 -
- 3 4 -
- 3 5 -
- 3 6 -
- 3 7 -
- 3 8 -
- 3 9 -
- 4 0 -
- 4 1 -
- 4 2 -
- 4 3 -
- 4 4 -
- 4 5 -
- 4 6 -
- 4 7 -
- 4 8 -
- 4 9 -
- 5 0 -
- 5 1 -
- 5 2 -
- 5 3 -
- 5 4 -
- 5 5 -
- 5 5 -
- 5 6 -
- 5 7 -
- 5 8 -
- 5 9 -
- 6 0 -
- 6 1 -
- 6 2 -
- 6 3 -
- 6 4 -
- 6 5 -
- 6 6 -
- 6 7 -
- 6 8 -
- 6 9 -
- 7 0 -
- 7 1 -
- 7 2 -
- 7 3 -
- 7 4 -
- 7 5 -
- 7 6 -
- 7 7 -
- 7 8 -
- 7 9 -
- 8 0 -
- 8 1 -
- 8 2 -
- 8 3 -
- 8 4 -
- 8 5 -
- 8 6 -
- 8 7 -
- 8 8 -
- 8 9 -

- 2 9 -

1.9K 55 3
By Aura_Swan

I went home and collapsed on my bed. Like literally, collapsed. I was dead tired and can I just say, confused?

What the hell was going on? My life was far from interesting and things had dramatically escalated in less than a month. Let's see.

I almost kissed a really hot guy but then got interrupted, twice. Then I actually fake-kissed him in front of a woman who was most probably his ex, then I saw my ex, twice. 

That's more than I've seen of him in the last two years, and as it turns out, both our exes are siblings. 

Awkward

Then he fake-kissed me and complimented my outfit and called me sexy (I don't mind that part though) and now the same guy is coming to dinner. Tonight. At my place. 

Things can't get any smoother than this. 

Oh and did I mention I also cried in front of the man and went to a dinner with him?

"Ughhhhh!" I groaned in frustration when suddenly the door to my room was opened and I hared the clacking of heels, and I sat up but regretting doing so instantly.

Here we go again.

"You might already know this, but Adam Thorne is coming over to have dinner with us, and I expect you to not be there because Olivia likes him too much and I can't see her heartbroken. You've already caused her so much pain. Have some heart!" Josephine stated just as Olivia barged in as well.

Have some heart? Look who's talking.

"Mommyyyy! I found the perfect dress for myself!" Olivia squealed but then looked at me and scowled.

"Mommy, tell Isabelle to stay out of Adam's and my way. We're destined to be together, and she keeps butting in." Olivia pointed her index finger at me and pouted.

God she's so fake.

"Don't worry darling, she won't show her face if she knows what's good for her." Josephine gave me a meaningful glare.

"Especially after that stunt she pulled at the party, jumping on him and kissing him, how dare you embarrass our family?" She glared at me once again.

"Don't worry, it was fake, so you can have your shot with him. I. Don't. Care." I stated. 

"Now if you'll excuse me, I have to get ready for dinner unless you can tell Lance why I couldn't join." I smiled at her sweetly, making her think for a moment before scowling.

"Fine. But don't you dare upstage my daughter!" Josephine huffed and stormed out, followed by a very proud Olivia.

What's there to upstage? I thought and chuckled, dragging myself out of bed and towards the closet.

I didn't really care about this dinner so I wore a black dress I designed a few days back along with my favorite black heels, keeping in mind dad's and Lance's instructions to dress nicely.

"This is okay, right?" I whispered to myself, looking at the full length mirror in front of me and twirling for the third time.

"It's perfectly fine." I heard someone's voice and turned around to see Lance casually leaning against the door frame of my walk in closet. 

I smiled at him and he smiled back.

"You look beautiful Belle." He sighed and I could see how tired he was from working overnight these days and then tackling the media with my...situation.

Is that what we're calling it now?

"I'm so sorry for everything, I didn't meant to be a burden." I whispered slowly but he heard me.

"It's alright, love. I'm just... confused. Why would you do that?" He asked me now standing straight.

"I... it was fake, so you don't need to worry about that part. Just a show." I sighed and he nodded, urging me to go on.

"He seemed like he needed help when that model came to him. So I fake-pecked him to make it seem like we were together. But then turns out she was related to..." I stopped midway, and Lance understood.

"I'm glad Adam was there to support me when he came around or I would've... I don't know. It wouldn't have been anything good." I said and gave Lance a small smile.

"Okay. If that's what you say, I believe you, because I trust you. But what about this morning? At the cafe? I heard everything B and it wasn't exactly pleasing. And someone even took pictures so there's that." He sighed deeply and gave me a glance, when his phone chimed and he straightened up.

"He's here. Come on, we'll talk about this later." He held out his hand and I took his arm, while he led me downstairs to meet our 'guest'.

I was walking down the stairs, looking down but then I looked up and saw Adam shaking hands with my father who looked a little hesitant. 

Was that because of what I did?

He then looked up at me coming down and smiled, looking me up and down. Lance must've noticed, the way his arm tensed up. 

We went down to him and Lance gave Adam a firm shake, both glaring at each other and neither backing down until Olivia came down squealing, making us all flinch.

"Oh Mr. Thorne! You're here, I've been waiting for you for so long now!" She came down and stood next to him while Josephine smiled at her daughter.

Ugh.

Olivia was wearing a skin-tight black dress that seemed a bit too revealing for a simple dinner like this. But then who was I kidding? This was Olivia for crying out loud.

Adam ignored her completely and followed Arthur towards the dining room where dinner had already been laid. 

I walked in front with Lance but I could feel someone's gaze on me the whole time. On reaching everybody sat on their usual seats and I stood there, waiting for everyone to sit. 

Shit, I should've just sat first.

I saw the only empty seat, next to Adam's. On one side was Olivia and on the other side would be me. 

I glanced at Lance whose jaw was clenched as he motioned for me to sit. I felt Adam's cologne enveloping me as I sat and glanced at him. He was wearing the same clothes from this morning but still looked great.

We ate in silence except the usual clatter of forks and spoons against the plates and Adam's knee bumped mine. 

I looked at him but he showed no emotion so I figured it must've been an accident. But he bumped his knee again and I looked at him smiling very faintly, and I bumped his in response.

Wait, I shouldn't be leading him on. 

I cleared my throat and scooted my chair a few inches away  from him.

"What are you doing?" Lance glanced up at me with a confused expression.

"Nothing." I replied and continued eating.

It was quiet, like the calm before the storm, until my father broke the silence.

"So, Adam, is it? I'm getting straight to the point here. What are your plans for my daughter?" My head shot to Adam, then my dad, who looked a bit too serious.

Olivia seemed a bit too excited for this. 

Wait, he said daughter

But he didn't specify which one. Adam seemed as confused as I was until Olivia broke the awkward silence.

"Yes, Adam, what are your plans for me, I'd like to know as much." She said batting her eyelashes at him and I chuckled, when everyone glanced at me, including Olivia who glared.

Adam gave me a thoughtful look before speaking. 

"I'm sorry sir, I don't quite understand. Your daughter...?" He trailed off, waiting for my dad to clarify.

"I'm sure I wasn't speaking in tongues when I asked you what your intentions are for my angel of a daughter. You know your reputation precedes you. My daughter is too good for someone like you." My dad gave him a death stare and Adam smiled nervously.

"Yes well.. erm... I..." He stammered when Tristan nudged my dad a bit.

"Which one?" Tristan whispered to my dad who looked at him confused but nodded his head when he remembered he had two daughters.

Wow, classic, dad.

"Let me rephrase my question, Mr. Thorne. Keeping in mind your... ah... reputation." My dad stressed on 'reputation' a bit more than was needed. 

"What intentions do you have for my daughter, Isabelle." I choked on my wine, when everyone's head turned to look at me.

"I'm okay." I coughed and wheezed, pushing my chair back and getting up, as Adam did the same to see if I was alright, but I motioned him to sit with my hands, still coughing.

"I'm sorry... Excuse me.. " *cough* "I need some air..." *cough* I walked out, still coughing.

"Well that was a surprising turn of events." Arthur mumbled but it was loud enough for everyone to hear, including me.

Indeed it was.

* * *

A surprising turn of events for Isabelle, her mind wanders to what intentions Adam has for her. Is she another conquest in his life, or someone more important?

Keep reading to find out!

Question of the Day: Going out or staying home?

Vote, comment & share!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

753K 25.6K 37
Bianca Mendoza is a 21 year old black girl who is independent, stubborn, and out of the party life she never dated and she's not planning to. Adria...
1.1K 885 58
In a world where devotion and love clash, Ella Smith finds herself at a fork in the road. Driven by her need to provide for her family, she sets out...
38.9M 1.2M 47
Caroline Marshall, a sweet, innocent and cute girl, who hates rich guys since her father threw her mother away to marry another woman for money. Li...
1.3M 37.6K 66
52 CHAPTERS. (COMPLETED) Savannah Isabelle Romano is a 25 year old doctor who spent her entire life being abused emotionally, mentally and physically...