ROSES & THORNS

By Aura_Swan

Isabelle Rose Edward is your charming, beautiful and kind yet clever, witty and confident 23-year-old English... More

- S Y NO P S I S -
a e s t h e t i c s
- 1 -
- 2 -
- 3 -
- 4 -
- 5 -
- 6 -
- 7 -
- 8 -
- 9 -
- 1 0 -
- 1 1 -
- 1 2 -
- 1 3 -
- 1 4 -
- 1 5 -
- 1 6 -
- 1 7 -
- 1 8 -
- 1 9 -
- 2 0 -
- 2 1 -
- 2 2-
- 2 3 -
- 2 4 -
- 2 5 -
- 2 6 -
- 2 7 -
- 2 9 -
- 3 0 -
- 3 1 -
- 3 3 -
- 3 4 -
- 3 5 -
- 3 6 -
- 3 7 -
- 3 8 -
- 3 9 -
- 4 0 -
- 4 1 -
- 4 2 -
- 4 3 -
- 4 4 -
- 4 5 -
- 4 6 -
- 4 7 -
- 4 8 -
- 4 9 -
- 5 0 -
- 5 1 -
- 5 2 -
- 5 3 -
- 5 4 -
- 5 5 -
- 5 5 -
- 5 6 -
- 5 7 -
- 5 8 -
- 5 9 -
- 6 0 -
- 6 1 -
- 6 2 -
- 6 3 -
- 6 4 -
- 6 5 -
- 6 6 -
- 6 7 -
- 6 8 -
- 6 9 -
- 7 0 -
- 7 1 -
- 7 2 -
- 7 3 -
- 7 4 -
- 7 5 -
- 7 6 -
- 7 7 -
- 7 8 -
- 7 9 -
- 8 0 -
- 8 1 -
- 8 2 -
- 8 3 -
- 8 4 -
- 8 5 -
- 8 6 -
- 8 7 -
- 8 8 -
- 8 9 -

- 2 8 -

2K 58 2
By Aura_Swan

Shit.

Things just got wayyy complicated, I thought as I heard someone clear their throat behind me.

I stiffened immediately on looking back.

Michael Woods.

What is this asshole doing here?

"Am I interrupting something?" He asked and looked at our hands on top of each other.

"Yes. You are." Adam told him off and I could see he wasn't exactly elated to see him here.

"Well, no worries, I just came to grab a coffee and ooh! Brownies!" He exclaimed as he sat down where Taylor was previously sitting and looked at me with rapt attention, while Adam slid his chair closer to mine, draping his free arm on the back of my chair.

Possessive much?

"I still remember this place. It's been so long since I came here last. That was with you, and you look amazing, by the way." He looked at me again thoughtfully before smirking to Adam, whose jaw was clenched tightly.

His coffee arrived and he sat there sipping it slowly and gradually.

"I thought your date was Gareth on the party." He asked suddenly, drawing me out of my thoughts.

"Yes he was, until I ditched him." I answered honestly.

I did ditch him, I thought.

"I believe you. You never lie, after all. Isn't that right?" He looked at me again and I just nodded, suddenly very emotional thinking about the party again.

"I'm sorry to interrupt but we have to be somewhere, so we'll be leaving now. Enjoy your brownies." Adam suddenly said, getting up and holding out his hand to me, and I took it without hesitation.

At this point, I was ready to follow a clown if it took me out of here.

He held me hand tightly and went to the counter, paying for the coffee and brownies then walked outside, towards his car and he made me sit inside.

I was too engrossed in my thoughts till I was in his car and we were driving away.

"You okay there?" He asked me concerned, and I just nodded my head, still staring into space.

We had to work in his office today so we went there and when we reached, women were already crowding the area waiting for him to come out.

We sat in silence in the car for a minute until I felt someone grip my hand.

"It's going to be okay. Come on now, your brothers are waiting." He said and got out of the car, holding the door open for me.

I swear I saw a woman faint. He then reached for his coat which was lying on the front seat and putting it on, held my hand and took me inside the office.

We went in holding hands and I could see the envious glares thrown my way and the clicking of cameras.

No use now, I thought.

On reaching his office I heard the voices of my brothers coming from inside and quickly left his hand, going inside without glancing back.

They all looked up from the table at me, then behind me towards the person who had just entered. Lance came up to me, smiling and hugged me.

"How are we feeling love?" He asked, genuinely concerned.

"Better, thank you." I told him and I was feeling better already.

"He was there." Adam said suddenly as he sat in his chair and faced us, looking at me, then Lance, who had his jaw clenched by now, and I took this as a sign that he understood who Adam was talking about.

Lance gave me a concerned look.

"You can go home, if you want. Are you okay?" He asked and I nodded my head.

"I'm fine. Besides, I have a lot of work to do anyway." I told him, not looking him in the eye because I knew I would break down in front of him again, so I averted my gaze and took out my draft designs, continuing to work on them for the next two hours.

Arthur suddenly came up to me and showed me his phone.

"Look at this." He passed it to me but I held my hand in the air, stopping him.

"I already know. Saw them at the cafe this morning. Apparently I have a devilishly handsome boyfriend I know nothing about." I said through gritted teeth and Arthur chuckled.

"You dealing with this? Did Lance see?" I asked him.

"Yeah. He was the first to see and I can't say he was very pleased about the whole... incident." He tried to explain.

"But don't worry. We've got our people working on damage control, so chill. Okay?" He gripped my shoulders and gave me a goofy smile, making me chuckle.

"Okay." I whispered and as he left me with my thoughts once again.

Now what?

It was halfway through lunch time when I was done with the designs, final touches and all.

Arthur and Lance had already left because of some issues at our office, but Tristan stayed behind to work and to watch well... me, except he was in the project room since the last hour.

I looked up from my papers to see Lucas, the P.A, holding a tray of food and setting down the contents in front of me.

"Mr. Thorne told me to bring you lunch since you were working." He said politely so I offered him a small smile.

"Thank you. Is he coming?" I asked him.

"Yes, he said he'd be here in a few minutes." I nodded my head and he left the room, only for Adam to enter it suddenly. He looked at me thoughtfully before coming to sit with me.

Too close for comfort that's for sure.

He took a plate and held it out to me and I took it, placing a chicken sandwich and some fries along with it, and starting eating slowly, staring off into space.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked suddenly and I glanced at him, confused.

"Huh? What?" I said, not fully understanding the situation when he chuckled, making me smile too.

"You were zoning out again. You sure you're okay?" He asked again and I nodded, tearing my gaze from his and eating in silence.

"I got your roses, by the way. They were beautiful. Thank you." I suddenly said, hoping to fill the awkward silence that hung in the air.

He smiled in return, a smile that reached his eyes and made me feel butterflies.

This is so not the time to be drooling B.

"So... about the party and all that happened there." He started to say.

"I'm assuming we need to talk about it. Sooner rather than later." He said this as soon as the door opened and Lance walked in, stopping in his tracks when he saw how close we were sitting.

"Isabelle." He glared at Adam while looking at me.

"Lance! Everything okay back at the office, I hope?" I suddenly asked him, desperately hoping to change the subject, but to no avail.

"Mr. Thorne, I would like to invite you to dinner tonight, at our house to discuss some things regarding, you know." He looked at me pointedly and I choked on the water I was drinking, causing Adam to turn towards me in concern and rub my back.

He only realized what he did when Lance cleared his throat and he suddenly stopped, so did my coughing and he retracted his hand away quickly.

Impeccable timing, as always.

"Is 8 okay for you?" Lance asked again.

"Yes, I'll be there." He answered and my head spun as I thought of the things that could go down today.

And not good ones, trust me.

I sat in silence as the two looked at each other in understanding before we left for our own office to complete the rest of the work there.

Oh the misery.

* * *

Michael really seems to be getting on everyone's nerves, especially Adam's. But why is Adam so concerned for Isabelle? 

Lance has extended a dinner invitation, but why would he want to call the enemy home? Except perhaps Adam isn't the enemy.

Keep reading to find out!

Question of the Day: Lunch or Dinner?

Vote, comment & share!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.7K 1.9K 80
You & I are one big It's complicated Leon King a young CEO and also the hottest bachelor in NYC. Girls throw themselves at him some just to be in...
15.6M 463K 43
Isabella Smith, a twenty two year old woman struggling to make it through the evils of the world and surviving through thick and thin to give her sis...
349K 11.2K 41
Meet Stephanie Lynn Ryder, an almost 21-year-old girl behind on rent, works at a diner for $350 a week and has an oblivious boyfriend who only wants...
526 55 14
She didn't know losing her bracelet on the street was the answer to all her prayers. Asena Parker a 24-year-old has been working 2 jobs to make ends...