The twilight curse

Por SethDragon

The story is around a hundred years later after the calamity Ganon took over hyrule. Hyrule is in great dang... Más

ch 1; the beginning
ch 2; the naked man
ch 3; time to leave
ch 4; Do you want me?
ch 5; not feeling well
ch 6; the zora king
ch 7; in the heat
ch 8; the letter
ch 9; the night of the blood moon
ch 10; wrong name
ch 11; repeat after me
ch 12; The leader of Kakariko
ch 13; the dog meeting the shark
ch 14; Let's heading back
ch 15; Vah Ruta
ch 16; Farewell, for now
ch 17; Rito village
ch 18; flight range, the test
ch 19; Vah Medoh
ch 20; the missing Rito
ch 21; Glitches part one
ch 22; Kara kara bazaar
ch 23; Gerudo town
ch 24; unexpected news
ch 25; Vah Naboris
ch 26; YOU ARE BACK!!!
ch 27; the garden
ch 28; old and new memories
ch 29; The lost woods
ch 30; Run piggy, run
ch 31; The twilight mirror
ch 32; The battle at hyrule castle, pt. 1
The battle at hyrule castle, pt.2
The battle at hyrule castle, pt.3
ch 33; The birth of Demise
ch 34; Pure chaos
ch 35; One last chance
ch 36; Two kind of betrayals
ch 37; Assembled army
ch 38; Making a choice
ch 39; Encounters in the forest
ch 40; The final battle
ch 1; I refuse to marry him!
ch 2; It's unfair!
ch 3; Wetland stable

part two; the former yiga

51 3 3
Por SethDragon

Despite he was trapped in his own body, Link holds the lifeless body of Linkly. Mourning.
It was such a mess.
Blood everywhere. On the grass underneath. On Linkly, and even on Link's fur.
The dark-red river of blood is shining with same deep color as the cursed moon.

Link thought he would be used with blood and death by now.
From all those years where he had to slaughter the enemies to save his country.
But it seems the killing only made him numb for the moment.
There its magic starts fading now...

The twilight hero can't understand what he has done wrong during the path of his life.
Why he deserves the torture to see Linkly die, over and over again. By his hands...

No matter what Link tries, Linkly still gets killed.
It doesn't matter if Link tries staying in the village while Linkly is chasing the guard.
The werewolf still finds Linkly no matter what.
It's as the werewolf really wants to devour its 'prey' tonight.

Many, many years ago; Link thought getting transformed into a wolf in twilight world, was a curse... But now... He knows better.
'Cause he is now living the worst nightmare ever.
A curse he wants to break.
Crawling out from the abyss where an endless circle of death, is occurring.
A place where you sooner than later will lose your mind...

Link embraces the dead body in his hairy arms.
Then he let's out a loud and heartbreaking howling...

***
It's the same damn moment where the two hylians sit down by the campfire.
Waiting for the guards to end their shift.

While Linkly is asking why they aren't helping Paya, Link looks rather pale and gloomy.
Despite they have started the night over, he is feeling exhausted.
For Linkly no time has passed.
While for Link, it starts feeling as days.
He can't even remember how many times they have started over.
'Cause he lost the counting at some point..

"...- I can't anymore..." Link sighs and leans forward where he crunches gloomy down.
Linkly raises an eyebrow.
"What do you mean?"
Link let's out another sigh and looks seriously up at him.
"Kill me..." he says in low voice.
The few, and yet hard words sink slowly in, and Linkly flinches.
"WHAT!?-..." he shouts in the mind.
Despite Link usually jolts from loud shouting, he doesn't flinch at all. Not scolding him. Nothing.
Instead he parts the lips.
"Kill me-... I'm tired of seeing you killed by my hands..." he says with a stone-face where no feelings are showed.

Linkly stares shocked at him, and couldn't understand what he was talking about.
Why would he kill Link? And how could Link had killed him, when he is alive?!
The shocked hylian shakes the head and stands swiftly up where leaves underneath, rustled from the sudden movements.
"...No..."
Linkly was about to walk away when Link tugs his arm toward him, while he stands slowly up.
"Wait!" Link begs in a slightly louder voice while the guards are getting replaced with their substitutes.
Linkly stares terrified down at him.
"NO!" He protests and starts looking as he was on verge of tears when Link stood up and stares determined at him.
Linkly inhales sharply. Sounding almost as a sniffling.
" I won't kill you-... I-I...Can't..." Linkly tells him and furrows the eyebrows.
Link inhales swiftly.
"YOU MUST!" He shouts and grits the teeth.
The loud shout startled the four guards, where one of them, started running the second he noticed the two Link's.

At first Linkly was widening the eyes in shock.
But the moment he notices the running guard, he gasps.
"The thief!-... The guard... Oh gosh... He is the one who stole the sheikah heirloom..." Linkly thinks and pushes himself away from Link who surprised loosened the grip of the arm.
"The guard?" The confused Link asks, and jolts when he sees Linkly running after the guard.
"Fuck-... " he exhales and starts moving slowly toward Linkly where his steps increased in speed.
Soon he is running up the hill as he has already done a lot of times by now...

***
Linkly is panting, and ignores Link's calling.
Instead he is determined to reach the guard and get any answer. As where the heirloom might be.
The leaves on the trees are rustling when the cold wind is running through the branches.
And the wood-bridge is creaking for each step he takes over its boards.

Suddenly he and Link, where the taller hylian arrives within thirty seconds later, reach an open area.
It was a forest clearing with a grassy meadow within.
Linkly gasps shocked when he noticed the second person.
He thought there wouldn't be anyone except the guard.

The armored man with a yiga mask, noticed Linkly and starts moving toward him where he pulls out the ridiculous big sword.
The guard's scurrying out from the forest glade.

Linkly's heart pounds faster from seeing the yiga member, towering over him.
The intimidating yiga makes Linkly to lose a bit of confidence.
Even though the man couldn't stare at him with the eyes due the mask, his whole body created a presence.
Which made him to feel as an intimidating person. Someone you should be careful around.

The yiga member was about to swing the windcleaver against Linkly when Link popped up between them.
Protecting them by swinging his sword at the larger one.
The sound of colliding metal is echoing in the forest.
Causing startled birds to fly away in hurry.

The power behind windcleaver's swing, causes Link to jolt a little backward. Almost losing the grip of his footing.
The hylian grits the teeth hardly while the arm starts trembling.
He won't be able to keep holding back anymore soon...
But he must do his best. Otherwise the yiga member will kill them both...
So, he adds the other hand, to make sure he could keep pushing the sword forward. And not lose any necessary strength.

Suddenly the yiga member scoffs laughing.
Link grunts confused and looks up at the weird mask with a single hand-painted eye in red color. Why red of all colors?!... It seems the fate is laughing at him. Reminding him how he soon will once again kill Linkly... As soon the cursed moon has arose...
The nervous hylian glances toward the sky, it seems there is still time... He cannot see any hint of red on the sky yet.

During the short moment where Link lost his focus, the yiga member pushes forward so Link lost his balance.
Link gasps shocked and is almost falling backward when the yiga member jumps away.

The twilight hero regains the balance and glares annoyed at the yiga member.
While the yiga member is circulating a little with both hands on the sword, Link takes out the shield. With the eyes staring at the yiga member. Making sure he wouldn't do any sudden movement.

Link holds the shield in front the chest, and moves slowly toward the enemy.
The moment his foot stepped on a twig and made it snap, the yiga member moves swiftly toward him and swings the sword.

Link grunts with gritted teeth, and swings the shield toward the blade.
When the shield slams the sword away, the yiga jolts a slightly backward and lost his balance.
Just a few seconds after Link had swung the shield, he shifts the body where he swings the sword instead. But toward the side of the yiga member's body instead of his sword.

The sword slices hardly at the armor around the yiga's waist.
Which caused a group of bananas to thud down on the grassy ground.

Linkly hums confused and looks toward the ground where the bananas are.
He narrows the eyes thoughtfully.
It seems he gets the feeling, he remembers something about those bananas.
A while later when Link still fights the yiga member, Linkly inhales deeply.
Right... He remembers now... He once fought these yigas...
Yigas who weirdly love bananas...

The shorter hylian runs toward the bananas.
The moment where he grabbed them, the yiga and Link are running toward each others to attack.
Linkly parts the lips to say something, but remained silent 'Cause he could barely not speak at all...
Soon the yiga would swing the heavy sword toward Link's throat to slice him apart.
Linkly swallows hardly with furrowed eyebrows.
Then he raises the bananas upward with extended arm.
"H-HEEEY!" He shouts loudly with pounding heart, while Link makes a movement to extend the arm with the sword forward, to impale the yiga's chest.
"B-b...-BANANAS!!!" Linkly adds and makes a small movement with the hand who holds them.
The word of bananas made the yiga to flinch the face toward him.
Which was his big mistake 'Cause he soon grunts of pain caused by Link's sword who wetly impaled his chest.

The yiga starts trembling with shakily breathing.
Soon he lost the strength and dropped the windcleaver on the grassy ground.
The member leans heavily forward and starts getting numb while the life swiftly runs out.
He only wanted to punishment the traitor who left the yiga... And he only wanted to achieve the boss's believes... There the true king would create the world they have always dreamed of...
But how would he be able to set Demise free, when he is dead?!
How would he be able to remake the world, when he won't see the dawn of the new day???

Link scoffs and places the foot at the yiga where he pulls the sword out while pushing the man away.
The yiga member exhales one last time when he heavily falls backward, next his beloved sword...

Linkly lowered the arm and was relieved.
At least that man wouldn't cause anymore problems.
Soon he notices the approaching footsteps.
He looks toward the part of the forest, where the guard soon walked out from. Obviously looking ashamed...
"I-..." The guard clears the throat.

Link raises an eyebrow and turns toward him. Still being suspicious of the guard.
But also worried about the coming moon who should arise soon...

The guard sighs.
"For a long time ago... I was part of the yiga..." he starts admitting and makes them surprised.
"...- They made me believe that... The world would be a better place if we set Demise free..."
"Demise?" Link asks confused.
The guard nods.
"Yes-... The boss of yiga told us... That a God told him... We should release Demise from his prison... And if we did, the world would be a better place... But-... Something went wrong, and this monster who now is roaming hyrule castle, came instead of our superior... And that monster only caused a lot pain and death... " The guard starts telling them, and shakes the head over their stupidity.
"... I was shocked and thought we could undo our mistake... So... I tried finding the God my boss had talked with... It turned out... It wasn't a God... It was a demon... And that demon tricked us... He wanted us to set the devil free... But despite the failure, he was kinda pleased with the result... There the king of Calatia was trapped in his own body..." he adds and made Link to flinch.
"WAIT!..." Link puts the shield and sword away.
"Are you telling me... The yiga and that fake God, did something to Ganondorf?"
The former yiga member nods sadly. Ashamed of his past.
"Yes-... Sadly we did... And I have no idea how to undo it... So, after I found out the truth... -I left the yiga..."

Link swallows hardly.
Can he find a cure to undo it? A way to save Ganondorf from his prison?
The hylian glances toward the dead yiga, and raises an eyebrow.
"But-..." he says and looks doubtfully at the guard.
"If you are telling me the truth... Then why were you here?... Why are you still dealing with the yiga?... May I assume you were the one who stole the heirloom?!"

The guard seems honestly bothered and concerned.
"He-... He made me to steal the heirloom..."
"Eh?"
"-...  If I wasn't helping him... He would kill my family as punishment for betraying the clan... And I couldn't risk their safety 'Cause of my past... I'm sorry..." he explains and lowered the head in apologize.

Link is still somewhat suspicious, but exhales with crossed arms.
"Alright... Then you could maybe tell us, where the heirloom is..." he suggests and starts noticing how clouds of red color start approaching behind the top of the trees.
While the guard points out the heirloom, Link's heart pounds faster of fear.
He really can't take the risk of killing Linkly again... He can't!
"LINKLY-..." he bursts out and turns the face toward the place he last saw him.
He exhales surprised when he couldn't see him there...
"Linkly?" He turns the head while turning around, where he tries finding him.
In any second the light from the moon will touch his skin, and turns him into a beast he can't control.
His breathing increases in speed, and he exhales shakily from panic.
Soon he stops moving 'Cause he sees Linkly carrying the heirloom who seems glowing stronger the closer he walks toward a weird round platform on the ground.

Link walks swiftly toward Linkly, and hasn't noticed the guard had snuck away.
"Linkly..." he says and places the hand on Linkly's shoulder while the shorter hylian places the ball into the hole in the middle of the platform.
"...-Kill me..." he begs.

Linkly hums confused and turns the face toward him while a small building pops up from the ground. 'Caused by the ball whose light expanded and light up the platform as well.

Link swallows hardly.
"Kill me before the mo-... he says and looks up at the sky over the shoulder where a normal moon is rising.
Link gets silent and let's go of Linkly where he turns around and stares confused at the moon.
It was about to be a blood moon... How could it just disappear, and turn into a normal one?!
It's like the blood moon tonight, was some kind of glitch... Something that wasn't meant to happen... But did anyway...
And for some reason, the glitch disappeared the moment Linkly placed the heirloom in the hole...
Link will never be able to explain the glitch... But he doesn't care... As long the cursed night is over and things can get back to the normal...

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

6.5K 161 62
Time has passed. Hyrule is getting rebuilt. Zelda on the other hand is not quite sure what to do. She is no longer a princess, She's a queen with res...
49.7K 726 39
In modern day Hyrule, Link is an orphan who lives in an orphanage. Because he is meant to be the Hero of Hyrule, his bunkmates get jealous and bully...
11.6K 367 29
"Princess!" he yelled after her. "Where are you going?" "Back to the castle," she replied without stopping. "Not by yourself you're not!" "I'm sorry...
77.9K 2.7K 50
You are the Hylian champion, chosen to be so a century ago. Waking up in the Shrine of Resurrection is a shock, but having no memories to go along wi...