𝗗𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗹𝘆 𝗢𝗯𝘀𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗼...

By luvvv34

⇰ 𝗟𝗶𝗻𝗮 𝗥𝗼𝗱𝗿𝗶𝗴𝘂𝗲𝘇 struggles to hide her relationship with her boyfriend, Joseph, from the people... More

𝘐𝘯𝘵𝘳𝘰𝘥𝘶𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯
𝘜𝘯𝘰
𝘋𝘰𝘴
𝘛𝘳𝘦𝘴
𝘊𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘰
𝘚𝘦𝘪𝘴
𝘚𝘪𝘦𝘵𝘦
𝘖𝘤𝘩𝘰
𝘕𝘶𝘦𝘷𝘦
𝘋𝘪𝘦𝘻
𝘖𝘯𝘤𝘦
𝘋𝘰𝘤𝘦
𝘛𝘳𝘦𝘤𝘦
𝘊𝘢𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘤𝘦
𝘘𝘶𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘦
𝘋𝘪𝘦𝘤𝘪𝘴𝘦𝘪𝘴
𝘋𝘪𝘦𝘤𝘪𝘴𝘪𝘦𝘵𝘦
𝘋𝘪𝘦𝘤𝘪𝘰𝘤𝘩𝘰
𝘋𝘪𝘦𝘤𝘪𝘯𝘶𝘦𝘷𝘦
𝘝𝘦𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘦
𝘝𝘦𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘶𝘯𝘰
𝘝𝘦𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘥𝘰́𝘴
𝘝𝘦𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘵𝘳𝘦́𝘴
𝘝𝘦𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘤𝘶𝘢𝘵𝘳𝘰
𝘝𝘦𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘤𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘰
𝘝𝘦𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘴𝘦𝘪𝘴
𝘝𝘦𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘴𝘪𝘦𝘵𝘦
𝘝𝘦𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘤𝘩𝘰
𝘝𝘦𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘶𝘦𝘷𝘦
𝘛𝘳𝘦𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘢
𝘛𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘢 𝘺 𝘜𝘯𝘰
𝘛𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘢 𝘺 𝘋𝘰𝘴

𝘊𝘶𝘢𝘵𝘳𝘰

4.3K 132 17
By luvvv34

"Who's the hot Italian man beside Ivan?" Ana whispers as I look at Ivan and Luca standing side by side with their black shades on.

Both of them have their backs straightened and look like they are on high alert.

Which they don't need to be considering that I'm at Ana's house.

"His name is Luca he's my second bodyguard," I roll my eyes and Ana bites her lip as her eyes rake over Luca.

My father told me that once people find out about my engagement to Nathan the press will be all over me, more than they usually are.

Luca works for Nathan, but since I'm his soon to be wife, he is guarding me now. So, not only do I have Ivan by my side twenty-four seven, I also have Luca with me.

"He's really hot," she bats her eyelashes at his direction and I nudge her arm. She tilts her head in defense, "It's not my fault he's hot!" She harshly whispers and I smirk.

Ana has been my best friend since we were babies. Her parents are really close with my father so, we basically grew up together.

And since then we have always been inseparable.

"Ana...I don't know what I'm going to do," I lower my head and she automatically reaches for my hand.

"I'm sorry this is happening, amiga. Your father has always been an asshole," she says and I lightly laugh at her words. "But...maybe this is a good way to let go of Joseph," she cautiously says and I raise my eyebrows.

"What do you mean?" I remove my hand from hers and she frowns.

"Lina, Joseph is impulsive and possessive and not it a hot way. In..a bad way," she tilts her head to make eye contact with me and I nibble on my bottom lip.

"He's just been stressed out with his father's garage and with everything that's been going on," I try to justify his actions, but she shakes her head.

"So, he's been stressed out for the past two years he's been with you?" She sarcastically asks and I stay quiet.

"He just get jealous at times, but I mean who doesn't get jealous," my voice is low and she scoffs.

"Lina, he slapped you across the face when you were being nice to the cashier at the book store," she raises her voice and I immediately look over to Ivan and Luca to see if they heard.

"Ana, please lower your voice," I plead with her and she glares at me.

"Lina, I understand that he was your first, but he doesn't love you," she firmly tells me and I shake my head at her words.

"So, he gets angry at times...but he loves me," I try to convince her but she presses her lips together and tsks in irritation.

"Yeah, I can see that by the bruises on your wrists," she lowers her eyes to the light purple bruises on my wrists that I forgot to cover up.

I look down at my wrists in disgust. My eyes begin to tear up and Ana's face softens. "H-He isn't always like this..h-he just needs help," my voice is low, afraid that if I speak louder I might cry out everything I have been holding in.

"He does, but you can't stay with him, amiga," she takes my hand and squeezes it lightly. "Not if he hurts you," she continues and I close my eyes, letting a few tears roll down.

I feel another hand on my arm and look up to see a worried Ivan. "Lina, are you alright? What's wrong?" He hovers over me with a look of concern on his face and I wipe away the few tears that are on my cheek.

"I'm fine, Ivan, no te preocupes," I give him a small smile and he looks at me like he doesn't believe me. (Don't worry)

Luca comes and scans my appearance, trying to see if I'm hurt. "Stai bene, Lina?" he asks with his heavy Italian accent. My eyebrows furrow in confusion and my cheeks redden in embarrassment that I don't understand what he is saying. (Are you ok, Lina?)

Ivan notices my confusion and he turns towards Luca, "Lei sta bene," he tells him and Luca nods his head before walking back to the spot he was standing at. (She's fine)

Ana giggles beside me and I turn my head to the side, raising my eyebrows at her. She clears her throat and returns her attention back to Ivan. "Remember we have to leave soon," he gently tells me and I swallow harshly at his words.

Today is the day I meet my...fiancé.

He nods at the both of us and leaves to return to Luca's side. I take a deep breath and return my attention back to Ana. "I don't want to get married, especially to someone I don't love," I whisper and she caresses my hand.

"I know you don't, but it's better than living on the streets, amiga," she tells me and I sigh in defeat.

We both stay silent for a moment, "I just want to see him one last time," I say in a hushed tone and Ana's eyes widen.

"Lina, you're crazy. You have bodyguards with you twenty-four seven," she lowers her voice as we both look over to Ivan and Luca. "Plus, look what he did to you," she points to my wrists and I try to cover them with my sleeves.

"I know, but maybe..you can help me," I suggest and she looks at me like I'm an idiot.

"So, he can grab your wrists again? Yeah, there is no way you are seeing him again," she harshly tells me and I huff.

"Ana, please...I just want to say goodbye before...before I get m-married," I thickly say the words that I dread and she closes her eyes in irritation.

"What the hell do we tell your bodyguards?" She groans in defeat and I smile.

"I can tell them that you're not feeling well and that you want to see me..alone," I tell her and she nods. "I'll leave my car here and take an Uber to his place," I continue and she instantly shakes her head.

"You want to see him it will be at my house while I watch the both of you," she firmly tells me. "I don't trust him," she breathes and I squeeze her hand.

"He won't hurt me," I try to convince her and she reaches for her glass of water taking a large sip. "We will see, but if he even raises a finger at you I'll kick his ass," she warns me and I sigh.

"Fine," I say and she smiles.

"Lina, we have to go," Ivan calls out and my stomach turns at the idea of going back home.

Ana notices my nervousness and scoots closer to me. "You will be fine, Lina. I don't think he can be that bad," she tries to lighten up my mood, but my mind begins to overthink.

"I'll call you later to talk about everything and about...Joseph," I whisper the last part and she nods her head. I hug her and she gives me a kiss on my cheek.

Getting up from my seat, I fix my hair and walk towards Luca and Ivan. "Let's get this over with," I breathe and walk ahead of them.

Elena comes up behind me and places her hands on my shoulders, kissing the side of my head. "Pequeña León, I will be by your side at all times if you need me," she whispers and my body relaxes in relief. (Little lion)

"I'm nervous, Elena," I turn my head to the side, looking into her dark green eyes filled with sympathy. She takes my face into her hands and rubs her thumbs on my cheeks.

"I hate that you have to do this," she says and leans forward kissing my forehead. "I tried talking to your papá, but he said this was the only way," she whispers in disappointment.

"It's ok, Elena. I'll be fine..I'm just nervous," I tell her and she sighs.

I am more than nervous.

I feel sick to my stomach.

"I just wish I can do something," she says and I give her a small smile.

"You being here with me is more than enough," I tell her and her eyes begin to water. I pull her into a hug and she squeezes me tightly.

"Don't cry, Elena," I soothe her and she caresses my head.

The sound of my father clearing his throat breaks us apart. He looks at Elena and his eyebrows furrow in concern at her glossy eyes, but immediately shakes his head. "Is the table ready?" He asks her and she sniffles.

"Y-Yes, everything is ready to go," she answers and he gives her a stern nod. They look at each other for a moment and he clears his throat.

"You are dismissed," he orders her in a superior tone and she swiftly walks away.

I glare at him, "You don't have to talk to her like that."

"She's the help," he shrugs his shoulders.

"Well, she's more to me than the help," I retort and he clenches his jaw at my words.

"I want you to behave, Lina. This is your fiancé, the man that will help us out of our situation," he warns me and my fists clench.

This isn't our problem it is his.

I stay silent and he steps forward. "Do you understand, Lina?" His voice is low and harsh as he stares at me.

"I understand," I grit through my teeth and he smiles.

He reaches for my face, but I step back. "The Santoros will be here soon," Danny comes into the room and my father and I both nod.

Danny sends me a kind smile and I do the same as he walks out of the room. My hand finds its way to the butterfly necklace around my neck. I begin to fiddle with the butterfly charms as the nervousness comes back to me. "We should go to the foyer and wait for their arrival," my dad speaks and comes towards me. He places his hand on my shoulder but I shrug it off.

"Don't play the role of a loving father in front of them when you aren't," I snarl and I see something flash in his eyes, an emotion I haven't seen in a long time.

My words hurt him.

He tries to say something, but he remains silent. I take one final glance at him and walk to the foyer where Ivan, Luca, and Danny are talking in hushed voices. My eyes scan the double staircase as I see multiple maids, hurriedly going up and down the stairs. Some of them are wearing their dress shorter than usual while others have a face full of makeup on.

I roll my eyes at them and see Elena come down the other side of the staircase, ordering the maids to make sure everything is spotless.

I don't understand why my father is making a big deal about this since Hector is his friend.

My phone vibrates in my pocket and I look to see that it is Joseph.

"Lina, I'm sorry for everything."

"I need to see you."

"I would never hurt you."

"I love you and nothing will get in the way of us."

He spams my phone with multiple texts and I begin to anxiously chew on my bottom lip. I look down to see my now foundation covered wrists, remembering how hard he was holding my wrists.

He would have let go even if Ivan didn't barge in.

He would have.

I know Joseph has issues. I've been knowing since we first got together and I have always urged him to get help, but he never listens to me.

He says he is fine, he just has trouble controlling his emotions.

I begin to feel guilty as I stare at the text messages. He loves me and would never hurt me and here I am waiting to meet my fiancé.

Danny comes up to me and I immediately put away my phone. "Are you alright, Lina?" He looks at me with concern.

"Yes, I'm fine Danny...don't worry," I smile and his face reddens.

"Lina, I'm sorry," he breathes running his hand through his dark brown hair.

My eyebrows scrunch together in confusion. "Why are you sorry?" I ask.

"Because of what's going on," he says and steps closer to me. "You don't deserve it," he closes the space between us, placing his hand under my chin.

Danny has always been a great friend and confidant to me.

"You have nothing to be sorry for," I gently tell him as he moves his hand from my chin to tuck a a curly strand behind my ear. "My father has always been difficult," I sigh and he chuckles.

"You're telling me," he says and leans down to my ear. "Try being with him twenty-four seven," he whispers and I laugh out loud.

Ivan comes toward us and clears his throat, sending Daniel a glare.

"Daniel, Arturo is calling you," he says with a stern voice and Danny nods his head, giving me one final smile before walking away from us.

"Your father wouldn't like how Daniel was staring at you," he firmly tells me and I roll my eyes.

"And how exactly was he looking at me?" I tilt my head and Ivan sighs.

"Lina, you are so oblivious some times," he breathes and runs a hand through his curly brown-gray hair.

"And you are too overprotective," I snort.

"It's my job to be overprotective of you," he tells me and I give him a small smile.

Elena comes our way and I see Ivan's eyes instantly light up. "I saw two cars driving up to the house," she informs me and my stomach begins to turn. She sends Ivan a kind smile and I watch as a light shade of red forms on his cheeks.

I take a deep breath and fix the slight wrinkles on my outfit. My breathing begins to slowly increase and I begin to play with the material of my sleeve. "At anytime you don't feel well, you can go upstairs," Ivan gently tells me and my eyes widen at his words.

My father would never allow me to leave while the Santoros are here.

"Thank you, but I'll be fine," I take a deep breath to calm myself down.

"Lina-" Elena tries to reason with me, but I shake my head.

"I said I'll be fine," I tell the both of them. Elena and Ivan both exchange defeated looks and my father walks into the foyer with Danny by his side.

"They are here," his words are directed to me and I nod my head. Elena gives me a kiss on my head and walks to the direction of the kitchen as Ivan stays by my side.

"I meant what I said, mija. If you don't feel well you can go upstairs," he whispers.

"You work for my father and he won't allow you to do that," I whisper back, straightening my posture.

"I do, but it is also my job to protect you and to make sure you feel fine," his voice is gentle and I turn my head to meet his worried gaze.

"I'll be fine, Ivan. You need to stop worrying," I slightly smile and he scoffs.

"I always worry," he mutters under his breath and turns his attention to the door.

Luca goes to open the door and multiple giggling maids run towards the door, blocking my view. Ivan groans in frustration and I try to hold back my laughter at the attempts of the maids trying to fix their hair and makeup.

I see three tall Italian bodyguards walk in first, wearing black suits and black shades. My hand goes back to my butterfly necklace, fiddling with it as I hear the maids lowly whisper and giggle amongst one another.

"Héctor, nice to see you again," my father's voice can be heard from where I am standing and my heartbeat begins to increase. "Nathan, it's nice to finally meet you," he says and my hands begin to sweat.

I nervously chew on my bottom lip as the maids begin to clear my view and Ivan steps closer to me, letting me know he is here with me. I now have a clear view of the front door and my eyes find their way to a smiling Hector first.

"Lina," he comes towards me and sticks his hand out to me. "It's so good to finally meet you, your father has told me so many things about you" he says and I gently shake his hand.

"It's nice to meet you as well," I try to hide the nervousness in my voice as I remove my hand from his.

My body fills with goosebumps as I feel a dominating presence come up next to Hector. My eyes go to the side and slowly rake through Nathan's appearance. He is wearing all black and his stance is assertive. He doesn't need any words to let everyone know he is in charge, his demeanor says it all.

And my eyes widen once I realize how tall he is.

He is way taller than Joseph.

My eyes finally connect with his and my breath hitches.

Wow, he is handsome.

His steel blue eyes stare into my light green ones and for a split second I'm lost. My eyes slowly rake over his godlike features. His sharp square jaw that looks like you can cut your finger on. His eyebrows are symmetrical it's almost unfair.

His black hair is short, but wavy. The top of his hair is longer than the sides of his hair which allows some of his waves to show.

I wonder how it would feel to rub my hand through them.

Lina, stop.

He looks so much better in person, none of the photos do him any justice.

His lips are thin, but his bottom lip looks a little fuller than his upper lip. My eyes finally return to his and he clears his throat.

"It's nice to meet you, Lina," my cheeks flush at the way he says my name and he sticks his hand out for me to shake.

God, his hands.

His veiny hands.

I take his hand in mine and a fire lights inside of me as my skin touches his. I quickly remove my hand from his and look at his unreadable expression. "It's nice to meet you too," I breathe and return my gaze to Héctor since Nathan's is too intimidating.

"Let's go to the dining room," my father speaks and Héctor hums in approval.

They both begin to walk to the direction of the dining room and I quickly follow behind them, not wanting to be anywhere near Nathan by the way my body is responding to his presence.

I hear a small groan come from behind me, but I am too scared to even turn around.

Once we make it to the dining room, I try to pull out my own chair but a hand on my waist stops me. I turn my head to the side and meet the same steel blue eyes I can't escape from.

"I'll do it," his deep voice makes the fire inside of me burn brighter. His hand on my waist lingering for more than a second before he pulls the chair out for me. He nods his head to the side, commanding me to sit down.

Why the hell do I feel like this?

I shouldn't.

I can't.

I slowly take a seat and he pushes me in. "Thank you," I mutter under my breath and don't get a response from him. He takes the seat next to me and rolls up the sleeves of his black dress shirt.

Holy shit.

His veiny arms practically have me drooling and I have to look away before he catches me staring at him.

"I'm glad the both of you could join us for dinner," my father says and Héctor smiles unlike Nathan who has a stern expression in his face.

Does he ever smile?

"I'm glad you invited us," Héctor tells my father as Nathan gives my father a small nod.

My eyes steal a quick glance at his side profile. His jaw is incredibly and his nose is absolutely perfect. It's proportional to his face and the tip of his nose is round.

I need to stop.

"Lina, I hope the bodyguards aren't suffocating you," Héctor tells me and I clear my throat.

"No, don't worry I'm basically used to it," I lightly chuckle and feel a pair of dominating eyes on me. I look around the room for Ivan and I'm relieved to see that he at the corner of the room watching me.

He sends me a reassuring smile and I send one back. Elena and some maids come into the dining room with drinks and utensils in their hands.

Elena looks at me to make sure I am fine and once she sees that I'm calm her body relaxes. I feel the pair of dominating eyes leave me and I take a deep breath. The maids eagerly walk towards Nathan and go out of their way to get close to him.

But Nathan doesn't pay attention to any of them, he just focuses on the conversation my father and his father are having.

As soon as one of the maids places my water down, I immediately take a large sip trying to cool down my body.

It is too fucking hot in here.

I place the glass of water back down on the table and place my hands on my lap, not knowing what to do or say.

Should I say anything?

"Are you alright?" Nathan turns to stare at me, a hint of irritation in his tone and my throat grows dry at his question.

"Y-Yes, I'm fine. Why do you ask?" I swallow harshly at his intimidating gaze.

"Because you are breathing really hard," he says and I nibble on my bottom lip, watching his eyes steal a small glance at them.

"I-I'm just-"

"Shall we talk about the wedding?" My father cuts me off and the palms of my hands begin to sweat again.

࿎࿎࿎࿎࿎࿎࿎࿎࿎࿎࿎࿎࿎࿎࿎࿎࿎࿎࿎࿎࿎࿎࿎࿎࿎࿎࿎࿎࿎࿎࿎࿎࿎
𝘏𝘰𝘱𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘨𝘶𝘺𝘴 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 🤍

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 40 18
Two people born into the same style of life find each other at their worst. Selena and Luca try to deny their feelings for each other but the pressur...
62.7K 1.8K 27
Rosa Giovenesi is still not over her mother's passing nearly two years ago. The both of them suffering at the hands of her father, Rosa finally decid...
597 59 20
❝𝐈 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐈 𝐭𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐨.❞ ❝𝐃𝐢𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐈 𝐰𝐨�...
199K 5.4K 83
Book 1. Eros; passion, lust and pleasure -- in other words, romantic and passionate love. A passionate physical and emotional love based on aestheti...