ROSES & THORNS

By Aura_Swan

Isabelle Rose Edward is your charming, beautiful and kind yet clever, witty and confident 23-year-old English... More

- S Y NO P S I S -
a e s t h e t i c s
- 1 -
- 2 -
- 3 -
- 4 -
- 5 -
- 6 -
- 7 -
- 8 -
- 9 -
- 1 0 -
- 1 1 -
- 1 2 -
- 1 3 -
- 1 5 -
- 1 6 -
- 1 7 -
- 1 8 -
- 1 9 -
- 2 0 -
- 2 1 -
- 2 2-
- 2 3 -
- 2 4 -
- 2 5 -
- 2 6 -
- 2 7 -
- 2 8 -
- 2 9 -
- 3 0 -
- 3 1 -
- 3 3 -
- 3 4 -
- 3 5 -
- 3 6 -
- 3 7 -
- 3 8 -
- 3 9 -
- 4 0 -
- 4 1 -
- 4 2 -
- 4 3 -
- 4 4 -
- 4 5 -
- 4 6 -
- 4 7 -
- 4 8 -
- 4 9 -
- 5 0 -
- 5 1 -
- 5 2 -
- 5 3 -
- 5 4 -
- 5 5 -
- 5 5 -
- 5 6 -
- 5 7 -
- 5 8 -
- 5 9 -
- 6 0 -
- 6 1 -
- 6 2 -
- 6 3 -
- 6 4 -
- 6 5 -
- 6 6 -
- 6 7 -
- 6 8 -
- 6 9 -
- 7 0 -
- 7 1 -
- 7 2 -
- 7 3 -
- 7 4 -
- 7 5 -
- 7 6 -
- 7 7 -
- 7 8 -
- 7 9 -
- 8 0 -
- 8 1 -
- 8 2 -
- 8 3 -
- 8 4 -
- 8 5 -
- 8 6 -
- 8 7 -
- 8 8 -
- 8 9 -

- 1 4 -

2.2K 66 4
By Aura_Swan

- A D A M - T H O R N E -

I looked at her still working on something, so focused on her work that she didn't notice me coming into the office, until I sat down beside her, did she look up at me with a strange expression.

"Why didn't you eat?" I asked her, looking at the dishes in front still untouched.

"Me?" she asked, bewildered.

"Yes, you. Why didn't you eat?" I asked her again but she just stared at me.

"This is your breakfast, why would I eat it?" She answered, a bit too honestly.

"I got it for both of us, Ms. Edward, now eat." I ordered her and she took a plate, put some pancakes in it then passed it to me.

"What's this?" I asked

"Your breakfast, now eat." She mimicked me and shoved the plate in my hands, then made another one for herself.

She put an unhealthy amount of syrup and cream on hers, then was about to put cream on mine when I caught her hand.

"What are you doing?" I eyed the bottle like it would kill me.

"Adding cream, you don't like it?" she asked me so I left her hand while she carefully put it on my pancakes, giving me another side glance before digging into hers.

"Mmmm" she moaned and my head shot up and I glanced at her, with her eyes closed, my throat clogging up and heat rushing all the way down my body.

Not a good time to be fantasising.

"These are really good! Where'd you get them from?" She asked me excited/

"Here." I answered, not wanting to say anymore.

After finishing, she pushed the box of cupcakes in front of me and motioned to take one.

"I don't eat too many sweet things." I said lazily, earning a glare from her before she took out a chocolate cupcake from the box and put it on my plate.

"Eat it." she ordered me and I glanced at her with an amused expression, before smiling and taking a bite.

It is good, I thought to myself.

"Are you done yet?" I suddenly asked her and she looked up at me.

"I'm almost done, just a few things left." She looked at her papers then back at me, while I simply stared at her face, watching a frown form.

"What? Is there something on my face?" She asked me, fumbling around and looking for something.

"Yes, there's some cream... on your... on your lower lip." I told her then looked up at her.

She tried to wipe her lip with a tissue, but missed, making me chuckle.

"What?" she asked, still smiling.

"It's on the other side, here, let me." I said and inched closer to her, bringing my left hand to her face and my right thumb up to her lip, and wiped the cream with it slowly.

I looked at her eyes while cleaning my thumb on a tissue, my gaze remaining on hers the whole time.

"Is it-..Is it gone now?" She asked lowly, and I threw a glance at her eyes then back at her soft lips which were now only inches apart from mine.

If I could kiss them...

"Yes." I said, releasing a small breath, still looking at her lips, with my left hand still on her face.

She licked her lower lip suddenly, making me gulp as I watched her eyes rake over my face. Never did I want anything more in life than wanting to kiss those perfect lips.

I flicked my gaze to her eyes, and leaned in very slightly, until someone knocked on the door and she moved away from me with a sudden jolt, my hand still in mid air where her face previously was.

To say I was furious would be putting it lightly. I glared at Lucas who walked in and noticed my anger, backing away a step.

"Lucas I swear if this is not important, you're fired." I hissed, causing him to stumble back a step.

"Y-yes Sir, umm... some woman is outside claiming to be Ms. Isabelle Edward." He said very carefully and looked at Isabelle confused.

"What?" I asked in confusion and looked at her equally confused face, causing her to stand up.

"Come with me." Was all I said as I took her hand and walked out, to take a look at the supposed Ms. Edward.

"Who are you?" I asked sternly, while Isabelle gaped at the woman.

"Olivia?" She exclaimed, but she sounded rather disappointed to see her.

"Hello my dear sister." She grinned at her and then looked at me and batted her eyelashes.

Seriously?

"Mr. Thorne! You're even more handsome in person!" She fake-smiled at me and batted her eyelashes even more, flipping her hair like I was impressed by her very short dress. I knew her kind too well.

"She's your sister?" I asked her, confused.

How can that... thing... be related to this goddess?

"Tristan's. Not mine." Isabelle answered looking her straight in the eyes, making her avert her gaze immediately.

Now that was a sight to see. It was amazing how she could control people with a single glance.

But wait, Tristan's? Could this be her step sister?

I knew for a fact that Tristan James Edward was her step brother, then she could be his sister.

"Oh come on Belle, Tristan's your brother isn't he?" She asked, although she looked quite nervous now.

"Yes. Yes he is, but not you, so get out." She gritted out but she just frowned. Then she looked back at me and smiled playfully.

"I'm so sorry for my dear sister's behaviour Mr. Thorne, she's not usually like this." She said innocently and Isabelle scoffed, making me look at her with a raised eyebrow.

"I'm sorry Ms. Edward, but we're needed in the project room, so we'll be leaving." I told this supposed 'Ms. Edward', and she looked back at me surprised.

"Already? But I thought we could talk. I'm your biggest fan by the way." She squealed, killing my ears, but then stopped short when she saw Isabelle's hand in mine, and scowled.

"Belle! What are you doing? Have you no shame? Leave his hand immediately!" She hissed and Isabelle chuckled.

"Why should I?" She replied cockily, making me smirk at her words when tugged at her hand.

"Shall we?" I asked, still grinning.

"We shall." she answered me smiling, and I led her to the project room with her hand in mine, leaving her step sister furious behind.

I held the open for her and she walked in, letting go of my hand. I tried to take a hold of her hand again but then stopped short when I realised what I was about to do.

Jeez Adam, get in your senses!

"Are you done with designing Belle? We need to take a look." Lance asked her, smiling widely but then his smile disappeared when he looked behind at me.

The door opened behind us and we both looked back to see a fuming woman stomping her heels and coming at us.

She stomped over to Isabelle, and my first instinct was to stop her, but before I could do something, Lance came in front of her and glared at Olivia who stopped in her tracks.

"Don't you dare touch her, or I'll make you regret it for the rest of your very short life. I'm warning you for the last time." He threatened her and she backed away, while I watched them with a rather surprised expression.

They must really hate her, I thought to myself.

"Tristan. Take her away before I do something I won't regret." Lance said through clenched teeth and Tristan quickly came out front, taking Olivia's arm, and dragged her out.

"I apologise, Mr. Thorne for the inconvenience. It won't happen again, I'll see to it myself." Lance assured me and I nodded.

"You okay love? Did she touch you?" Lance turned to Isabelle, she reassured him again and again but he didn't seem to believe her.

"She used her name to get in." I told them looking at her and all faces turned towards me.

"Okay, I'll deal with her later" Lance told us and got back to work.

I was discussing a few details with Lance, when I looked up to notice Isabelle staring at me, her eyes raking over my body shamelessly, before she was forced to look beside her.

"What are you staring at B?" He asked her and she looked at me smirking, and I knew she knew she was caught red handed. I grinned, showing her my teeth when Arthur held her chin up to face him.

"Why is your face red?" He asked her, confused

"What?" She touched her face and lowered her head and continued working. A while later I walked over to her desk and stood there for a minute for her to notice me.

Am I that invisible? Women usually fall at my feet.

I cleared my throat and she looked surprised.

"The designs, Ms. Edward." I raised my eyebrows at her confused face until she quickly handed me the papers.

"Hmm.. These are good. We'll start working on them right away." I acknowledged her and smiled, making her smile like a small child who was patted on the back for a good effort on his report.

I chuckled and made my way back to my desk to work on the designs, but not before taking another look at those striking blue eyes that held me captive the first time I drowned in them.

And I drowned willingly.

* * *

Adam seems impressed with Belle... Although he caught her staring, he doesn't seem to mind it that much, does he?

Keep reading to find out!

Question of the Day: If you could choose to do anything for a day, what would it be?

Vote, comment & share!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.6M 463K 43
Isabella Smith, a twenty two year old woman struggling to make it through the evils of the world and surviving through thick and thin to give her sis...
2.4K 255 35
In the fast paced corporate world, Lucas Knight is the founder and CEO of THE KNIGHTS' CORPORATION. He is a man of action rather than words, and a re...
349K 11.2K 41
Meet Stephanie Lynn Ryder, an almost 21-year-old girl behind on rent, works at a diner for $350 a week and has an oblivious boyfriend who only wants...
753K 25.6K 37
Bianca Mendoza is a 21 year old black girl who is independent, stubborn, and out of the party life she never dated and she's not planning to. Adria...