What is family?

By serene_fictionist

Angelina Marino The only princess of the Marino family. The world knows her as a princess who has everything... More

Author's Note
CHARACTER SKETCH
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Characters, their relations and ages
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Author's note
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Author's Note
Vince's book - A small peek into it!
A short notice!
Vince's book - A small excerpt
Vince book PUBLISHED!

Chapter 66

10.9K 365 71
By serene_fictionist

Arianna

We are in the car right now, driving home.

Apparently, the boys had some work so Josh is driving Angel and me home.

He was injured during that incident few months ago but now, he is completely cured and joined back in his duty.

"Is Theo at home, Mr. Josh?", Angel asked.

"No, Ms. Marino.", he answered.

"Where is he?", she questioned further.

"Mr. Marino is at the office.", Josh answered.

She huffed and folded her hands over her chest.

"He will come home, Angel. You can talk to him then.", I said.

"You know Theo, Anna. He won't come if he is still upset.", she said with a defeated sigh.

I sighed.

It's true. It's one of Theo's habits. He comes home very late when everyone's asleep whenever he is upset about something.

Everyone knows something happened between Angel and Theo but don't know what.

Neither of them spoke anything about it so we are waiting for them to sort it out on their own.

"Mr. Josh, can you take us to the office?", Angel asked all of a sudden.

I frowned and before Josh could say something, I beat him to it.

"Why?", I asked with a frown.

"I want to meet Theo now itself. I don't know if he'll at least come home today or maybe because if it starts to drag on, I am afraid I won't have the courage to confront him.", she said with a gloomy expression.

I felt bad for her.

Whatever it is I hope they will sort it out soon.

It feels so gloomy and quiet at home when Angel is in a bad mood. She literally keeps running around the house and stays excited all day long that it brings liveliness to the house.

But when she is upset, everything goes quiet and the silence is really unbearable.

In the time we spent together, we have gotten really close and my mood goes off too when she is upset.

Josh's voice brought me out of my thoughts.

"I am afraid I can't do that, Ms. Marino. Boss asked me to take you home without any detour.", Josh said.

"I'll manage my brother, Mr. Josh. Please.", Angel requested.

Josh stiffened at that.

"You shouldn't plead me, mam. Boss wouldn't like it.", he said with a stoic face.

"Then please take me to the office.", Angel requested.

I sighed internally and decided to help her.

"Please Mr. Josh, take us to Theo's office.", I said.

Angel looked at me amused and I raised a brow at her.

She pressed her lips to suppress her smile and pleaded again and so did I.

Josh finally sighed and shook his head a little.

"Alright. I'll take you to Mr. Marino.", he said with a defeated sigh.

Angel and I high-fived with a big smile.

Josh gave us a look in the rear view mirror and we both averted our eyes, trying to control our smile.

In a few minutes we reached the main building of the Marino Corp.

I have been here before a few times with Theo and once with Vince.

It is a very tall sky scraper and the interior is as awesome as the exterior. The interior, the flooring and the design is so good that the first time I came here with Vince, I wanted to settle down here itself.

I told that to Vince and he just shook his head with an amused smile.

Someone tugged at my sleeves and I came out of my thoughts.

I looked at Angel and she is looking at me with a frown.

"Are you alright, Anna? You zoned out.", Angel said.

"I'm fine.", I said with a smile and she smiled back.

We got out of the car and Josh led us to the private elevator.

"Is Theo is his office, Mr. Josh?", Angel asked.

"No, Ms. They are in a conference.", Josh replied.

Angel's eyes dimmed and she looked disappointed.

But suddenly her eyes lit up and I internally chuckled at how fast her mood gets changed.

"Mr. Josh, I want to go to the conference floor.", Angel said and Josh and I frowned.

Before either of us could say anything, she pressed the button to the conference floor.

"But why, Angel?", I asked.

"Emergency.", she said with puppy eyes and how in the world can I refuse her when she gives me that look!

I huffed and nodded.

I just hope Vince and Theo won't get angry with this.

Otherwise she will be in another trouble.

Sigh.

Josh didn't say anything. Probably because he understood that nothing he says is going to change Angel's decision.

The elevator stopped on the conference floor and Angel dragged me out of it.

We went to the conference room and stood outside the door.

Two guards were standing outside the door and they looked at us.

"Boss is in a meeting, Ms.", one of the guard said looking at me and Angel.

"It's an emergency.", Angel said and the guard frowned.

He didn't question further and held the door open for us.

Okay.

Now I don't want to go in.

For all we know, Vince could get super angry about this and I don't want to be on the receiving end.

Angel however walked in and pulled me in with her.

Once we were in, I freed my hand from her hold and whispered in her ear that I don't want to go further in and she nodded.

It was a very big room with a long table and chairs on either side, which by the way are completely filled with people.

Vince was sitting at the head of the table and Theo was sitting to his right.

Everyone is looking at the intruders, who right now is Angel and I.

Angel walked towards Theo and he frowned.

She went to him and whispered something in his ear and he stiffened. He looked at Vince and stood up giving him a curt nod.

Theo and Angel walked towards me and gestured me to follow them but I refused.

They need to sort out whatever issue they are having. I don't want to interrupt their conversation so I refused.

Theo looked at Vince one last time and took Angel out of the room. She gave me a smile and I smiled back.

I looked back at the people in the room and they were staring right at me.

Oh god! This is awkward.

I clutched my skirt tightly as I was slowly getting anxious from all the stares directed at me.

"I don't like when people stare at my sister.", Vince said in a very calm yet cold voice.

In a blink of an eye, everyone averted their eyes away from me.

Wow!

Vince stood up and gave the person, sitting on his left a curt nod and the person nodded back.

He then walked to me, held my hand and led me out of the room.

Once we were out, two guards bowed before him and me and started following us.

We walked out of the office and a car was already waiting for us. 

Vince opened the door and gestured me to get in.

Always a gentleman!

I got in followed by Vince.

I didn't speak anything. I don't want to get scolded for the way we barged into the room in the middle of a meeting.

"So, where do you want to go right now?", Vince asked calmly, looking at me.

His face is stoic as usual and voice flat yet a little gentle.

Is it the calm before the storm?

"Well?", he probed.

"I actually want some supplies for a project. I thought of asking Ace to accompany me for buying-", I was saying but Vince cut me off in the middle.

"You can order it and one of the guards will get it for you.", Vince said calmly.

"No. I want to see for myself before buying.", I said and he nodded.

"I presume we can get these supplies in the mall, yes?", he asked and I nodded.

"To the mall it is then.", he said.

"Yes, boss.", the driver replied.

We sat in silence for a while and I decided to break it with a question that has been lingering in my brain since we entered his meeting.

"Are you angry, Vince?", I asked hesitantly.

"Why do you ask?", he questioned, looking at me.

"We interrupted your meeting.", I said in a low voice.

"And I know it was not your idea.", he replied.

I looked at him with a frown.

"Did Mr. Josh tell you-", I was asking but he cut me off.

"I don't need someone else to tell me how my siblings' thoughts work, Aria. I know you would never do something like that and I know in whose brain such ideas pop up.", he said calmly and I could see his eyes held a little amusement.

"Is she is trouble?", I asked, referring to Angel.

"What do you think?", he questioned back.

"She is already grounded, Vince.", I said with a sigh.

"Glad you remembered. Grounded means going straight to home from school but alas, your sister broke the rule.", he said calmly.

"But she did it because she wanted to sort things out with Theo.", I said exasperatedly.

"I'll think about that later. First let's buy what you want at the mall.", he said and I got the hint very clear that this was the end of the discussion.

I just hope Angel didn't just land herself in more trouble!

In a few more minutes, we reached the mall.

Vince got out of the car and held the door open for me. I got out and we started walking into the mall.

Vince was wearing a very expensive black suit and looked as domineering as ever.

No wonder people were staring at him.

He definitely stands out with his expensive suit, domineering personality and a cold aura around him. He walks around as if he owns the place and his presence can never go ignored.

Sigh.

So much to avoid attention!

We walked around a few stores and bought all that I needed. 

I thought he would be embarrassed to roam around the mall through different stores, considering he is always stoic and also with all the people staring at him, but he didn't bother and followed me around patiently till I got all that I needed.

After a few hours, we completed the shopping and finally decided to leave the mall.

As we were walking , I heard a familiar voice and turned around.

Easton!

"I'll come back, princess. You don't have to come here and I don't want you to miss-", he was talking to someone on his phone and stopped when he looked at me.

I smiled and waved at him and he gave me a warm smile back.

"I'll call you back later. Take care.", he said and cut the call.

"Arianna, what a surprise!", he said with a smile, a little surprise in his tone, walking towards me.

"Supplies for the school project.", I said.

"Are you here alone? It's not safe.", he said calmly.

"No. I came with my brother, Vince.", I said and gestured towards Vince, who was standing a few feet ahead of me and looking at us calmly.

That's when Easton looked at him and his smile dimmed a little.

"Mr. Marino.", he greeted with a nod.

"Mr. Reece.", Vince greeted him back with a curt nod.

"Wait. You guys already know each other?", I asked, surprised.

"Business associates.", is all Vince said.

 I nodded and looked at Easton.

He was looking at Vince with a stoic face and eyes that turned blank.

He looks like a completely different person with those blank eyes and stoic face. 

He looks scary!

"Easton", I called him out and his eyes snapped towards me.

The moment he looked at me, his eyes went a little gentle.

"I still need to buy some things, so I'll get going.", Easton said with a smile to me and a curt nod to Vince.

Vince gave him a nod and held my hand.

I waved at him and walked out of the mall with Vince still holding my hand.

Vince opened the passenger seat door for me and I sat down with a frown. He then waved dismissively at the driver and took the wheel.

I felt more relaxed with the driver gone.

Vince started driving and looked like he was in deep thoughts.

"Vince", I called him.

"Yes.", he answered.

"Where are we going?", I asked.

"To your favorite place. The hill top Theo takes you to.", he said calmly.

"Why all of a sudden?", I asked.

"I rarely get free time and now that I got some with you, why not spend it in your favorite place.", he said.

I gave him a big smile and nodded.

His lips slightly tugged upwards at the corners, looking at my enthusiasm.

After a few minutes, we reached the hill top.

We got out of the car and settled a few feet away from the cliff.

We sat in silence for a while. The silence was not awkward or anxious. It was very comfortable and peaceful.

"Aria, do you have any plans for this Saturday evening?", Vince asked, bringing me out of my thoughts.

"No.", I replied, looking at him.

"Good. The designer will come to speak to you about the dresses for Thanksgiving and Christmas.", Vince said calmly.

"Designer?", I asked with a frown and he nodded.

"Why do I need a designer, Vince? We can buy a dress from any store in the mall.", I said.

He looked at me and his eyes went a tad bit soft.

"Because Vincent Marino's sister is no less than a princess and shall be treated as one and a princess should look extra special on the day of Thanksgiving and Christmas.", he said in a firm yet gentle tone.

I gulped the lump in my throat and hugged him tightly.

He hugged me back and I let the tears fall from my eyes.

"T-Thank you.", I said.

I wanted to say it for a very long time now.

He rubbed small circles on my back and I stayed in his embrace. I always feel safe when he is around.

Over these past few months, I've come to realize why all my siblings respect Vince so much.

He really is the best brother one could get.

He is always stoic and cold but he is the one who is always by our side when we are in need.

In fact he will never let us end up in a position of need.

After each session of my therapy, he talks to me in the library about how I feel.

He makes sure that I am not feeling low or depressed and continues to do that even if on some day I'm very reluctant to do it.

Him speaking to me after the sessions always gave me an assurance that he will be there to have my back always despite how bad the situation is.

He doesn't verbalize his feelings but he makes each one of us feel special in his own way.

He is no longer that scary, unapproachable brother to me anymore but he is the first one I go to when I feel low or depressed.

A few months ago, I was a girl with no one but now I am a girl with a loving father, five weird brothers who care for me in their own weird ways and a bubbly and loving sister who always has my back.

What more could I have asked for!

I gently broke the hug and sat down beside him, leaning my head against Vince's shoulder.

He encircled his hand around my shoulder and gently stroked my hair.

Both of us sat in comfortable silence and stared at the stars in the sky.

There are a few fears and trauma I am still fighting but on the brighter side, I have never been so happy in my whole life.

I hope it stays this way forever.

But why do I have this weird feeling in my heart that something unpleasant is going to happen!

Angelina

"I want to talk to you, Theo. Please.", I whispered to Theo.

I know everyone is watching us but I can't help it.

The more I drag this on the more hesitant I will get to confront Theo.

So, I have to swallow the social anxiety and do what I came to do.

Theo stiffened at my sentence but none the less stood up, giving Vince a curt nod.

He walked towards the door and I followed him.

We stopped near Anna and I gestured her to come with us but she refused.

I frowned and was going to say something but Theo nodded at Vince who in turn nodded back at Theo.

Sigh.

Vince will take care of Anna.

I gave her a smile and she smiled back.

Theo and I walked out of the office and a car was already waiting for us.

Theo dismissed the driver and took the wheel while I settled down in the passenger seat.

He started driving and we sat in complete silence.

The silence was neither peaceful nor comforting. 

It was tense and was starting to suffocate me.

We had our share of fights before too but this time it seems too intense.

I could see Theo is tensed too as his posture is stiff and every now and then, he is clutching the wheel too tightly.

I didn't know how to start the conversation so I kept quiet.

I didn't know where he was driving us to so I just stared out of the window.

After a few minutes of a painfully silent drive, we finally reached our destination.

I thought it was going to be the hill top but to my surprise it was the mini stadium that Vince and Dylan generally bring me to.

Theo always takes me to the hill top whenever we have a fight but this time why here?

I frowned but didn't say anything.

Does he want me to go for a run to calm myself down?

But I am already calm.

And moreover my ankle is a little sore for some reason and I will have a sprain if I run now.

Theo started going in and I followed him.

I don't know why they bought this stadium in the first place. It is almost always empty. They don't allow anyone in except if there is a special sport even in the company.

Theo walked straight in and sat down on the floor in the middle of the ground. He removed his blazer and kept it aside on the ground and folded his shirt sleeves to his elbows.

I hesitated a little to go to him but sighed and walked towards him anyway.

There's no easy way of doing this.

I went and sat beside him on the ground.

He was just looking up, staring at the sky.

Fine!

I can do this!

I took a deep breath and pep talked myself into starting the conversation.

"Theo", I called him.

No response.

"Theo", I called him a little louder.

No response.

"Theo", I called, pulling at his shirt sleeves.

No response.

Sigh.

I stood up and sat right in front of him.

I kept my palms on either of his cheeks and made him look at me.

"We need to talk.", I said firmly, looking straight in his eyes.

He just looked at me with an extremely stoic face and blank eyes.

I am unable to read his expression. His eyes are way too blank.

It clenched my heart to look at him like this. Theo had never looked at me with such blank eyes before.

Relax Angelina!

Talk to him!

I released a breath and decided to apologize.

"I should have told you earlier about that stranger. I am sorr-", he cut me off in the middle by pulling me closer and hugging me.

He hugged me tightly and I hugged him back.

"Don't apologize.", he whispered.

We stayed like that for a moment and I gently broke the hug.

I can't delay this conversation any longer.

I need to ask him why he said what he said the other day.

I sat in front of him and he clenched his eyes and sighed.

I didn't know how to ask him so I was thinking of ways to start the conversation.

A moment later, Theo's voice brought me out of my thoughts.

"I was acting out.", he said with clenched eyes.

I looked at him and waited for him to continue.

"Lately I have a lot on my mind and I didn't realize what I was saying when I said all those things to you.", he said looking straight in my eyes with a hint of guilt in his voice.

I bit my lip and looked at my lap.

"It is said that people speak the truth when they are angry. Did you mean what you said, Theo?",  I asked in a low tone.

He lifted my chin up and looked at me with guilt in his eyes.

"I would never think something like that about you, angel. I am sorry that you had to listen all that. I really didn't mean anything I said on that day.", he said earnestly.

I bit my lip to control my emotions.

Though he didn't mean what he said, it still hurts. Especially on that day, it hurt very bad.

"Can you forgive me this one time, angel?", Theo asked with hope.

I bit my lip really hard and took a deep breath.

"Why are we growing so distant, Theo?", I asked and my voice slightly cracked at the end.

I finally asked the question that has been bugging me for a few months now.

He stiffened and looked at me with a small frown.

"We aren't. We are as normal as before. It's just that I acted out a little yesterday.", Theo said in a hard tone.

He is getting angry!

Sigh.

"Do you think we are like before?", I asked.

"Yes.", he said but averted his eyes.

"You can't even look me in the eye while saying that.", I said with a dry chuckle.

He sighed.

"It's nothing like that. You are just overthinking.", he said, looking at me.

"That's what I have been convincing myself all these months, Theo. But turns out I was just giving myself false hopes.", I said and turned away to hide the tears brimming in my eyes.

"What do you mean?", Theo asked and I could sense some hesitation in his voice.

"Y-You know what I mean.", I said trying very hard to control the tears.

He held my chin and made me look at him.

"No. I don't. Tell me what do you mean.", Theo asked.

I gulped the lump in my throat and looked up to control the tears.

I looked back at him and he stiffened a little.

"How long has it been since you teased me? How long has it been since we had our meaningless yet playful fights? How long has it been since you scolded me like a normal Theo would do? How long has it been since y-you-", I couldn't complete it.

With each statement my voice got thicker and thicker and I stopped before I could let a sob out.

My lips wobbled and I turned my face away.

All the pent up emotions are bursting inside me and I am unable to control them.

How can he say everything is normal when it is so clear that it isn't?

How can he just assume that everything is alright when it is anything but that?

Hasn't he felt the growing distance between us?

Or has he really grown so distant that he feels this is normal?

"Angel", he called me softly.

I couldn't stop myself anymore and hugged him tightly, burying my face in his chest.

The tears finally started falling freely down my cheeks.

"I-I tried to pick a fight w-with you deliberately so many times b-but y-you just gave in to everything I-I said.", I said in between my sobs.

I tried hard to suppress my sobs but I couldn't.

The emotions and fears that I have been piling up for months now have finally burst out.

"Y-You are so bad, Theo. How c-could you say this is n-normal.", I stuttered out in between my sobs.

He hugged me back and started rubbing small circles on my back.

I sobbed out on his chest and he just rubbed small circles on my back silently.

Why is he not saying anything?

His silence started suffocating me and I started fearing that he didn't care anymore.

"Y-You don't l-love me anymore.", I stuttered out and sobbed.

I don't want to cry but I can't help the pain I am feeling right now.

He stiffened at my statement and tried to break the hug but I held on to him tightly, scared that once I break the hug and look at him, all my fears will come true.

"Angel", he called softly.

I just hugged him tightly and cried silently.

"I was scared.", he said in a low tone.

I just held on to him.

"I was scared you would leave us when you'll meet your biological parents.", he said and I froze.

What?

I gently broke the hug and looked at him, sniffling.

"W-What?", I asked, my lips wobbling.

He looked away and clenched his eyes.

"What are you saying, Theo?", I asked in a thick voice.

He looked back at me and I could see the pain in his eyes very clearly.

My heart clenched at the amount of pain I saw in his eyes.

He is laying his feelings bare in front of me.

"I was scared you would leave so I did everything possible to not hurt you.", he said desperately.

I gulped the lump in my throat.

"Why would I leave you, Theo?", I asked, hurt.

"Why wouldn't you, angel?", he asked and I frowned.

"We are but your brothers. You never got a parent's love. Dad never treated you nice. In fact he always ignored your mere existence. And one day when your parents or relatives come showering that parental love, why would you still want to stay!", he said exasperatedly.

"Do you think my love for you is so weak?", I questioned in a voice thick of emotions and pain.

"Every child wants parental love, Angel. It is only common for you to want it too.", he said.

"Moreover after seeing Aria with dad, you would want to experience that love too.", he continued.

"It's been years since you experienced such love too. Would you leave us if one day someone comes showering such love on you?", I questioned, wiping my tears.

He frowned and shook his head.

"Then why would I leave you for someone else?", I questioned.

"Do you think I don't love you as much as you love me?", I asked, hurt.

"I know you love us, angel. But after dad came back-", he paused and took a breath.

"I don't know what to say. If only dad could love yo-", he was saying but I cut him off.

"Theo", I said softly, holding his hand.

"I don't know what I had been doing these past few months, Angel. I thought if I could treat you the way dad treats Aria then maybe you wouldn't feel as hurt as before.", he said, sighing and I could clearly sense the pain in his voice.

"Do you love me so much?", I asked, chuckling with tears brimming in my eyes.

He looked at me surprised.

"Huh? Are you not angry?", he asked.

"How could I still be angry after knowing that my brother loved me enough to change his own ways just to make me feel better?", I asked with tears freely flowing down my cheeks.

"But I still hurt you.", he said.

"Yes, you did.", I said and he clenched his eyes.

"But I am not angry. In fact I am happy.", I said and he looked at me with a frown.

"Your actions did hurt me, Theo. But your intentions were good. So I don't see a point to be angry on you. But there is still a long way to make things right.", I said, wiping my tears.

"I am sorry, angel. I had been too stupid to not understand what pain I was causing you.", he said apologetically and wiped my tears gently.

"Apology accepted.", I said firmly, looking straight in his eyes.

"You can't forgive me so soon. I have hurt you really long and hard.", he said with a small frown.

"That's not for you to decide.", I said nonchalantly.

"But-", he started but I ignored him.

I laid flat on the ground with one hand under my head and started staring at the stars in the sky.

Theo sighed and laid down beside me.

We laid down in comfortable silence, each one in our own thoughts.

A small smile graced my lips recalling what Theo said earlier.

I had been scared for nothing all these months. He didn't change because he didn't love me anymore but because he wanted to make me feel better.

I chuckled internally.

How more cute can he get!

He'll have my head if I call him cute though!

Men!

"Theo", I called him and he hummed.

"I love you the way you are. Never change for anyone. Not even for me. You are special to me the way you are.", I said softly, staring at the stars.

"I am sorr-", he was apologizing again but I cut him off.

"Not again!", I groaned.

"I told you I accept your apology then why are you still saying sorry! Don't ruin the moment.", I said with a huff.

He chuckled.

"But still I should have realized the damage I was causing much earlier.", he said with a sigh.

That's it!

I can't let him drown himself in guilt.

I know how painful guilt is and I won't let Theo go through the same pain.

Time to cheer him up!

I sat up abruptly and Theo looked at me with a raised brow.

"There's a way for redemption, Theo.", I said with a sweet smile.

He looked at me with a raised brow, suspiciously.

"What is it?", he asked.

"You could ask Vince to remove my punishment.", I said with a sad look.

"And why would I do that?", he asked.

"For my forgiveness.", I said.

"But you already forgave me.", he said with a smirk.

"But-", I started but he cut me off.

"It was so irresponsible of you to bunk school, angel. Also about meeting and talking to strangers. It is very important to be cautious.", he scolded me mildly.

"Why are you scolding me for it now?", I asked with a pout.

"Because I held back then so as to not hurt you but now that you want me to be my old self, I am finally free to scold you.", he replied nonchalantly.

"Can you go back to being The nice Theo again?", I asked with a pout.

"No such luck for you, your highness.", he said dramatically.

"Come on. Didn't you say you are a knight? A knight should follow the orders of the princess.", I said with a dramatic sigh.

"And this knight is doing exactly that. Didn't your highness say that you want me to be myself?", he questioned with a smirk.

"But a knight should conspire against the evil king to help the princess.", I argued.

"Vince is an evil king?", Theo asked, amused.

"Yes. He is inflicting inhumane punishments on the princess.", I said dramatically, wiping my fake tears.

"I'll let the king know that he is being called evil.", Theo said.

"No way! I am in enough trouble already.", I exclaimed, horrified.

Theo looked at me and started laughing.

I pouted and hit him on the shoulder.

I looked at him laughing and a small smile graced my lips.

"Theo", I called out and he looked at me.

"You will never leave me, right?", I asked softly.

He looked at me and gently took my hand in his.

He squeezed my hand gently and answered me looking straight in my eyes.

"Never. It's a promise.", he said firmly.

"Not just from me but from all of us. Didn't Vince promise you the same before?", he asked.

"He did.", I said with a soft smile.

"Well then enjoy your freedom while it still lasts. From tomorrow, you will still be grounded.", Theo said seriously.

I scowled and huffed, snatching my hand from his hold.

He chuckled and laid back down on the ground, staring at the sky.

I laid down too and stared at the stars with a smile lingering on my lips.

There are still a lot of things I have to fight to be able to move on from my past and a lot things I will have to face in the future but for now, I am content and happy to have gotten my brother back.

I have five protective and weird brothers and one loving sister. 

What more could I ask for!

As long as we are together, we will always have each other's back and we will always stay happy.

Vince promised me that we will always stay together no matter what.

But why do I have a sinking feeling in my heart?

Why do I feel something is going to happen?

Maybe I am just overthinking again.

I should just enjoy this moment with my brother.

But little did I know that promises are made to be broken and 

Little did I expect that the person I trust, respect and love the most would one day break that promise!

*************************************************************

Phew! A very very long chapter!

How was the chapter?

How was Aria and Vince's scene?

How was Angel and Theo's scene?

Is it right for Angel to forgive Theo so quickly?

Which brother do you like the most?

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow.

Yours lovingly, 

Author.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 49.5K 50
"๐—ง๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜„๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐—น๐—ฑ ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ผ๐—น๐˜€ ๐˜‚๐˜€ ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ผ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ถ๐˜ ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ด๐—ถ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜‚๐˜€ ๐—ฝ๐—ฒ๐—ผ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฒ ๐˜๐—ผ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ, ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ป ๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ธ๐—ฒ...
196K 3.8K 43
"My wings are broken. My halos cracked. The angels long dead. I'm a lost soul waiting to die out" (Loving Athena) After the abrupt and unexpected kid...
71.2K 1.7K 35
Isabella Ekaterina is the only daughter of the two most powerful mafia families in the world: the Di Luca Italian mafia and the Vasiliev Russian mafi...
6M 158K 101
Carlotta Angela Vasiliev is a 17 year old girl living with her adoptive Russian mafia family of 4 brothers and father. Ever since she was a child, sh...