Officer Shepherd✔️

By Derekspxssy

Meredith is a writer and author before she becomes big. Derek is a cop. Tw: mention of SA. Mental abuse More

café
paranoid
seatbelt
moving in
A mistake
Breakfast
Fired
Secrets
Leaving
murder mysteries
killed a man?
chapter 12
girlfriend
Flu
Lavender
Break in and break up
coffee shop
date
Babysitting
Babysitting pt2
babysitting pt3
Meeting the mother
Deluca
mental asylum
lying
he's in jail 🤍
Sleepwalking
going down
Patient
staying
office
overreacting
it's nothing
leaving
Italy
Home late
moaning
babies
hating you
Virgin? 🤍
crime scene
nap
I don't want them anymore
Bar
jealous 🤍
New York
Nervous
ask him
Mama Shepherd
sick
Kiss
Kids?
Cant take it much longer 🤍
Amelia
My Father
Leaving?
Grace
I'm sorry
talk
feeling weird
They're here
bookshelf
bedrooms
Birthday
school 🤍
begging
Bar
What are you doing here?
chapter 69
Chapter 70 🤍
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
chapter 73
chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
chapter 77 🤍
chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81 🤍
chapter 82
chapter 83 🤍
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chaptet 92
chapter 93
chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
chapter 111
chapter 112
chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
chapter 116
chapter 117
chapter 118
chapter 119
chapter 120
chapter 121
chapter 122
chapter 123
Chapter 124
chapter 125
chapter 126
chapter 127
chapter 128
chapter 129
chapter 130
Chapter 131
Chapter 132
chapter 133
chapter 134
Chapter 135
Chapter 137
chapter 138
chapter 139🤍
chapter 140🤍
chapter 141🤍
chapter 142
chapter 143🤍
chapter 144
chapter 145
chapter 146
chapter 147
chapter 148
chapter 149
chapter 150
chapter 151
Chapter 152
chapter 153
chapter 154
Chapter 155
chapter 156
chapter 157
Chapter 158
chapter 159
Chapter 160
chapter 161
chapter 162
Chapter 163
Chapter 164
chapter 165
Chapter 166
Chapter 167
Epilouge

chapter 136

251 16 6
By Derekspxssy

tw: mention of su!cide

MEREDITH

I woke up a few hours later. I roll over and saw Derek laying next to me. I think he's asleep.

"Derek... are you asleep?" I whisper in his ear.

"not anymore," he says opening his eyes.

"did Emily go to sleep?" I ask. "yes, she fell asleep a little bit before you went to sleep," he says.

"did she wake up?" I ask. "No, I checked on her before I went to bed," he says. "and Logan's still asleep?" I ask.

"I don't know, look next to you," he says. I roll over and see Logan still asleep in the bassinet. I laid down and went back to sleep.

---

I work up again to the feeling of someone shaking me awake. "Auntie Mer, Auntie Mer, Auntie Mer, Auntie Mer!" I hear Emily.

"ugh, what is it, Emily?" I groan. "I need help," she says. "with what?" I ask. "I don't remember how to make cereal," she says.

"you don't make cereal you put it together," I say. I kiss Logan's head as I get out of the bed and go into the kitchen with her.

I take out a bowel, cereal box, and milk. I put the bowel in front of her and pour some cereal and milk inside.

I go back into the kitchen and get her a spoon. "what are you doing up so early?" I ask as I hand her the spoon.

"I don't know," she shrugs. I sit down across from her at the table. "do you want to talk about anything?" I ask.

"I don't know," she says. "How do you feel?" I ask. "about what?" she asks eating her cereal.

"about the baby, Logan, how do you feel about having a baby in the house, because it's okay if you're happy about him being here," I say.

"I do like him, just not when he cries but then you make him stop so it's not so bad," she says. "you don't feel like we're trying to replace you?" I ask.

"No, you can't replace me. I'm not your kid, and you're not my mom," she says. I know she's right but it still kind of hurt.

"I know but you're still family, Em. I will always care about you, even if Derek and I have kids," I say.

"kids? more than one?" she asks. "We might have more when Logan's a bit older," I say. "why, you already have one why would you want more?" she asks.

"I don't know, it's hard to explain when you're an adult," I say. "but why would you want more?" she asks.

"Well, we might miss having a little baby in the house when Logan gets older," I say. "but my mom said you never wanted kids," she says. of course Lexie's told her about me.

"at the time, back then I didn't want kids. but now that I've met the right person and the person I want to spend the rest of my life with I realized I do want kids," I say.

"but why now?" he asks. "Emily, we still-" I say. "No, you can't have more kids!" she says before she stands up and runs into her room.

I sigh as I lean back into my chair. I stand up and pick up her now empty bowel and take it to the sink. I pour the milk down the drain and rinse the bowel out.

I go back into the bedroom and see Derek sitting against the headboard holding Logan who's now awake.

"what was all the yelling about?" he asks as I go into the closet and pick out a dress. "Emily, I asked her to talk about how she felt about the baby in the house. she seemed fine about for a bit until I mentioned that we were going to have more in the future and she got upset," I say.

"why would she be upset about it?" he asks. "because... I don't know, she might feel like she's being pushed out of the family. it was just a little bit when Logan was brought home but if we have another baby then she'll feel a bit more pushed out, and she'll feel more and more pushed out of our family the more kids we have," I say.

"but that's not going to happen, it was never like that with my sisters," he says. "really? then why is Nancy the way she is?" I ask. "because she was born a bitch, my parents say she would never smile when she was a baby," he says.

"anyways. It felt that way when I was growing up, when Lexie was born I thought it was just going to be the one, and then Molly was born, my father was always with Lexie and my mother was always with Molly, and... I was just the black sheep, I guess." I shrug looking at my dress intently.

"well, then thank goodness you met me. I'll give you all the attention you want," he smirks. I smile and blush a bit. he's right. I don't know what I would do if I hadn't met him. I probably would have killed myself by now.

"I don't know the entire thing with your parents, so I'm going to ask..." he says. "Hmm?" I hum. "I know you have a bad relationship with your parents, but are you ever going to try and fix things with them?" he asks.

"No... why?" I ask. "just wondering. I wasn't entirely sure," he says. "why, do you think I should try to make things up with them?" I ask.

"No, my father wasn't as bad as yours and I don't talk to him. I was just asking to know if I should expect them to be in our lives," he says.

"and that's it?" I ask. "yes, and that's it," she smiles. "Okay, I'm going to shower, do you think he'll be hungry any time soon?" I ask.

"he shouldn't be, he's still asleep," he says. "okay, but I'll make it quick just in case," I say. he nods. I go into the bathroom and take a quick shower.

I get dressed and do my hair before going back into the bedroom. "is he still asleep?" I ask.

"No, he's starting to fuss and I think he's want you," he says handing him to me. "of course he does, who doesn't?" I say before leaving the room.

I go into Logan's nursery. I unzip my dress and unclasp my bra. he latches on easily and he nurses.

after he finishes he unlatches. I fix my clothes and put a burp cloth on my shoulder and lay him on my chest and gently pat his back and burp him.

I remove the cloth and put it to the side. I stand up with him still on my chest. I go into the living room and sit down on the couch. I lay him on my chest as he breaths contently. I take a book and start reading.

as I reading I take one hand off the book and rub his back soothingly. "where did you go?" Derek asks as he walks into the living room.

"I'm here," I say. "is he fed?" he asks. "yes, do you want to do me a favor?" I ask. "of course," he says. "get me a pair of his clothes and a diaper," I say.

"that's not a favor that's just something a parent does," he says. "still, I get what I want easier," I say. "all you had to do was ask, but yes I will," he says.

he gets me a clean onesie and a diaper. I change Logan and lay him on my chest again.

"Is Emily still in her room?" He asks. "Yea, I think it'll take a bit adjusting to having Logan around. Is your mom still in Seattle?" I say.

"Yes, I think she'll be here for a week or two more, just to make sure everything's fine and in case we need help with anything," he says. I nod.

"Where do you think you would be if we never met?" I ask.

"What?" He asks looking at me confused.

"If you and I never met, where do you think you would be in life right now?" I say again.

"Gosh... I don't know, I never really thought about it," he says. "I have, I think having Logan makes me think more about it," I say.

"Why?" He asks. "Because I completely changed as a person. When I was a teenager I never wanted anything like this, if I saw someone with the life I have now I would've thought it was misery," I say.

"And now?" He asks.

"I like being a mother, the reason I never wanted kids was because I thought i was going to be like my parents. People always say 'the abused become the abusers' and I don't want that to happen. If I was going to be a bad parent I didn't see the point at trying at all... and the risk was too big for me to take and I had completely lost hope in thinking I would even be able to find someone... anyone who would put up with everything," I say.

"You're not a hard person to be around Mer," he says. "Back then it felt like just being alive was a full time job, me being in the same room as me was hard," I say.

"What about how, had that all changed?" He asks. "I think so. And if I do start to think about it I just go to you and talk about something and then I end up forgetting about it all,  or I read," I say.

"That's good... it's good that you can talk to me. Have you told anyone this before?" He says.

"No... and I'd appreciate it if you didn't tell anyone either," I say.

"I'm not going to tell anyone, it was you getting you to trust me I'm not going to ruin that," he says.

"Thank you," I smile. He smiles at me before he turns around and continues what he's doing.

Depressed Mer??

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.5K 1.6K 47
"I hate everyone." "Except me, right?" "No, especially you." ⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻ It's funny, isn't it? That when the whole world decides to become infected wi...
2.5K 75 12
𝙔𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙡𝙞𝙛𝙚 𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙨 𝙩𝙤 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙚 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙢𝙚𝙚𝙩 𝙝𝙞𝙢. ©𝐇𝐗𝐑𝐑𝐎𝐑𝐖𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐄
8.1K 465 42
When Manuel Mendes wanted to spend rest of his life on an Island with his wife, he appointed his one and only son as CEO of Maple Cooperation. Shawn...
4.9K 121 16
5 girls, 5 boys, 1 mansion, 1 year What will happen? Hearts broken, Relationship flourish, drama, romance and so much more. Characters (Girls-18 Boy...