Incognito (Paused)

By HER_Meekness

"Nice." He bites on his lower lip and duck, lifting me over his shoulder as I screamed. "Ran... Randall! Sto... More

The beginning.
1| Secret revealed
2| Lamborghini hit and run
3| Mister Mummified
4| Engaged with no memory
6| Meeting family
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
18| Clarification
19| Baby shower (Heather)
20| Interrupting caller
21| Cater to you

5| Friendship

117 14 0
By HER_Meekness

A few weeks have gone by and I've been following a specific routine that is played out like a game. I made trips to the hospital on Sundays after church service but leave to get to dinner with the family, Tuesday during lunch before heading back to work, Thursday morning before work, Friday after dropping off Quasey at my Uncle's home and Saturday I spent the longest hours.

It was a whole three months since Mister Mayweather has been admitted, just for the first time in a while I couldn't make it to the hospital. What I did instead was send lunch and smoothies to my two favourite people. The mummified man and nurse Tia. I made sure to leave a note, informing them that I would be busy this week but will be there when I'm available.

Truthfully, I wasn't busy but caught myself giving this man so much of my time as if I was devoted to him. Pushing the ring at the back of my drawer, I took Quasey with me to a park nearby.

I've spent the day chasing behind him then relaxing on a blanket as he reads pictures to me. I laughed at the way he described the images then make multiple fake laugher so I could fake it with him, only my own were real. He made me laugh so hard that tears comes to my eyes and the result had me kissing all over his face when he started pushing me away.

"Ew!"

"Excuse me young man. If I can't kiss you then it means you don't love me anymore." I gasped, faking a sad look.

"Sorry mummy, shower me with kisses." He got up on his knees and held my cheeks, pushing his cheek to my lips. "Go on."

Grabbing him my the waist, I did what he asked me to. Showering him with kisses until he was laughing then gasping for air.

"Lavender." A familiar voice called, so I looked up quickly and gasp softly at the familiar face.

"Heather." I whispered. My eyes trailed over her figure then I gasp loudly this time. "You're pregnant."

"Unfortunately." She scoffed and I stilled, unsure of her reaction. Suddenly her eyes filled with tears and she hugged herself. "I'm sorry. Grandpa told me what happened but I was just upset with you for keeping it a secret for so long. I didn't think you'd leave but I've pushed you away, I'm an idiot. Lavender please, forgive me... I..."

"There's nothing to forgive. You didn't do anything but feel betrayed and hurt which I understand." I told her, looking at Quasey staring up at her. "Would you like to join us?"

"I don't wanna impose more than I already have..."

"Nonsense. Sit and let me properly introduce you to the love of my life. Quasey Garvey, this is Aunty Heather and Aunty Heather this is your nephew Q." I introduced and Q being the little boss he was, held his tiny hand out for Heather to shake. She laughed a bit while shaking his hand and he grinned.

"I have blue teeth, see? Mummy gave me the bubble gum with sour blue juice inside. Want one Aunty?" He asked her digging through the picnic basket for the last bubblegum.

He puts it in her hand and she thanked him. He stood here with widened eyes and points down at the sweety. "He wants you to eat it, he did the same with me."

"Oh okay." She opened the wrapper and puts it in her mouth then he turns to me.

"We gon be twins mummy. Me, you and Aunty has blue teeth." He giggled almost wickedly.

"Triplet baby." I corrected him but he ignored me and went back to his book so I strikes up a conversation with my old beat friend.

"So you're pregnant. Congratulations." Tell her but she didn't look happy. "Are you okay?"

"Apparently not. Let's just say I'm a single parent like yourself." She sighed, looking down at the size of her stomach. "An I'm embarrassed because it was a one-night-stand with a stranger and I'm three months along."

"I'm here if you need me, okay?" I informed her, reaching out to hold her hand. "It's no pressure at all, come over sometimes or even call. I didn't change my number."

"Thank you."

"No problem, are you hungry though? I got food and juice in here." When she nods I remove my hand from hers, reaching into the basket for the dishes of food and paper plates.

"Wow, were you planning on staying here for the day?" She asked, eyeing the amount of food I had packed.

"Yep... I also have you favourite homemade mango juice with ginger."

She smiled happily as all three of us ate and watch the action around us. People have picnic, walking and enjoying nature.

______

It was another day where I could be at the hospital but instead I went to the store and local market with Heather as company. The trip to the store was a quick one. I bought some items in bulk as it was cheaper, packing it in my trunk as neatly as possible since the next stop was the market.

I brought my own bags, telling Heather to take a seat underneath the tree while I go back and forth around the market then to the car. I called her when I was ready and we entered the car.

"Why do you shop like that?"

"Honestly, I brought the cheaper items. They say organic but all I see are chemicals grown." I looked around to make sure no one was approaching my vehicle then reverse out of the parking lot. Making a move to leave, I felt the car move by the impact because hearing the sound of my baby being hit as well as Heather's screams.

"It's okay, drink some water. Let me see what's up." I told her worriedly then left.

I exited the car and walked to see a familiar vehicle and face.

"Really, Mister Dawn?" I asked, raising a brow.

"I'm so sorry Lavender and please call me Michael." He was still so adamant about me calling him that but due to the situations he keeps putting me in.

His hazel eyes shines with mischief as he leans against his BMW. The damage to my SUV wasn't bad but it did have a dent a bit above where I'll open the trunk.

"No thank you, Mister Dawn. I'll give you a call or text later today so you can pay for the damage you've made." I informed him and turn to leave when he stopped me.

"I was just surprised that you're here and not at the hospital." He spoke then his focus passed me to Heather who was standing there.

"Why would she be at the hospital?" She asked, so I looked at the man before us knowing damn well I don't want to lie. He was good at it so I let him explain.

"She sometimes drops off food for a couple staffs there." He surprisingly spoke the some truths there.

"You didn't tell me you started catering?"

"It's just sometimes." I admit and shrugged.

"Wait, I've seen you before. Aren't you Randall Mayweather's Lawyer?" She enquires.

Michael and I stilled but for different reasons. His name was Randall and I never knew because they have been calling him Mister Mayweather for a long while.

"I am." He smiled, "Micheal Dawn and you must be Heather, Lavender's best friend."

"I am, it's nice meeting you Micheal." She shook his outstretched hand then turned to me.

"Is everything okay with the car?" She asked, suddenly rubbing her stomach.

"Mister Dawn will take care of the damage later, let's get you fed but I have to make one last stop at the butcher shop." I told her, going back to the car.

"See you around Lavender." The lying lawyer announced to the whole parking lot.

I however didn't answer, only enter my car to get us out of there.

"Are you in a relationship with him?" Heather asked out of the blue.

"What! No." I couldn't help but cringe. "He's married dear and if you look back at those four years that I've gone without dating at least, you should know I'm not interested in any relationships because Q is my main focus."

"Small world then, I guess." She mumbled. "Do you hear the rumors about Randall?"

"Who?" I asked, taking a glimpse of her then focuses back on the road.

"Randall Mayweather..." Her phone started ringing and she never got the chance to finish. "Hello."

Her conversation got awkward for a moment before she hang up. Next thing I know was her crying just as I pulled at my house. "Oh gosh, Heather. What happened?"

"That was the baby father. He came to town asking around and they send him to the diner. Grandpa gave him my number. He wants to meet up."

"Isn't that good?" I asked.

"He doesn't know that I'm pregnant, just that he have something valuable that he wants to return to me." She cried and I pulled over and hugged her.

"Take it easy, I'll bring you there and wait to make sure everything is only. I promise to make you my Trinidadian special, curry chicken with roti."

It was a bribe to make her feel a bit better which worked. We got the items put away at my house before leaving to go to the diner. 

She had a few minutes of mental breakdown due to the her hormones then turn giving herself a pep talk before we went inside.

"I'll go talk to him and come when I'm ready." She whispered so I nod, walk over to an empty booth where I can keep an eye on her.

I watched as his eyes widened when he looked over her frame. He didn't bother to hug her like he was going to, only fell into the seat looking defeated. Someone passed me and took a seat so I looked over and saw Dan . "Hey."

"So that's the baby father eh?" He asked.

"Yep... Wow." I saw how he smiled and held her hand.

"I'm glad he accepts her or I would have to call her father." Dan threatens.

I smiled as he was going to call to boxing coach at the local gym to deal with his in-law. The guy reached over and touched her stomach with a stupid grin on his face. The slight movement of her shoulder and the puffy cheek shows that she was laughing. "Looking good there Mister Dan."

"So how are you dear?" He asked, raising a brow with a sinister smile.

"I'm good.  How about you?" I reach forward for my guava berry smoothies and take a sip.

"I'm great now that my granddaughter's fine but I'm worried about you."

My brows furrowed so I put the smoothies down. "I'm good, Mister Dan. Really."

"I know you are but still, someday you'll have to move on and listen. Your uncle's family may keep little Quasey sometimes but always remember he's not their responsibility. Don't take advantage of there kindness, but only when you really need the help."

Knowing his speaking facts, I could only nod my head.

"I love you like a granddaughter so I want what's best for you, and also because that ole girl looks up to you." He gestured to Heather. "She moved out of that small apartment and got a little two bedroom suburban home down south."

"South. Isn't that where the poor folks live I hear?" I enquired.

"My mistake, Middle south. She hasn't gone that far down but she's in a safe neighborhood."

"Okay." I sighed, my worries fading away. Down south has started getting violent, the recent reported deaths and gun violence seems to be spreading. 

"Back to what I was saying. You've told me what your uncle has been doing for you as well as his wife who babysits on weekends since he have arrived. I've went through this with my daughter and son-in-law, one day I got fed up with babysitting my grandchildren and spoke to the parents about it. Don't make the same mistake they did, even though everyone is different but prevent it from happening."

"Thanks for telling me Mister Dan, I really appreciate it."

"No problem dear. Plus you need to get yourself a boyfriend. I'm sure you have needs and want to be pleased sometimes. That family of yours in the Caribbean should not have so much control over you." He grumbled as he stood ready to leave.

"Mister Dan. I do not need to be pleased by anyone." I gasped with embarrassment.

"More than four years is a long time, Miss James." He teased, leaving me as I hid my face.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.9K 3.8K 79
"Do you have any idea how damn frustrating you are?" He trapped me between him and the wall. Stubbornly, I looked squarely at him, "You say this lik...
129K 2.7K 30
#10 in bf #11 in gf #21 in miscarriage #47 in chicklit #50 in chances #502 in romance She was sitting on the foot of bed, clamping the sheets in her...
265K 5.5K 49
"Tell me. Why won't you tell me?" He asks and I look towards him slowly, "You didn't even talk to me until yesterday! I'm trying to make it so nobody...
14.4K 306 33
"Please," I heard him beg once more, I looked up at him as he slowly turned his lips into a pout. I heaved a sigh as I let my shoulders slouch. "Fin...