Double fire🔥

_queenziraa által

She breathes fire 🔥 He breathes fire🔥 The word 'detest' isn't enough to describe what these two have for... Több

//1-pt1//:Graduation
//1pt2//: Graduation
//2//:Last day
//3//:Farewell Motherland
//4//:Shopping Spree
//5//:New Year, New Beginning
//6//: New York City
//7//: Invited and Univited guests
//8//: Down the Streets of the City
//9//:Together for good
//10//:Fashion Week
//11//:Home Sweet Home
//12//:First day at home
//13//:Revelations
//14//:Bully
//15//:Wedding bells
//16//:Refueling Danger and Trouble
//17//:A Night in the comfort of the street
//18//:This love thing
//19//:Sacrifices and Alliance
//20//:Thunderstorms
//22/:Fashion Exhibition and Fashion Show
//23//:Preparations and Arrangements
//24//:Events
//25//:Nikkah
//26//:Supposed couples
//27//: Somewhat Euphoric
//28//:Baba Kaka
//29//:Emotional Turmoil
//30//:Birthday disaster
//31//:Entangled love
//32//: Jannah's birthday lunch
//33//:Violence 2.0
//34//:Verily,each soul shall taste death
//35//: Unleashing the Dragon
//36//: Where they tell their stories
//37//: Where they tell their stories 2
//38//: Forgive and Forget
//39//: Fire on Fire
//40//: Despair
//41//: Beauty in Red
//42//: From him we are and to him we shall return
//43//: Goodbye Sanity
//44//: Numbness
//45//: SA
//46//: J'taime Mie Amour
//47//: Reincarnation
Characters
//48//: Revelations of Mysteries
//49//: More Secrets
//50//: Calm before the storm
//51//: Havoc/Mayhem/Massacre
//52//: Non-existent
//53//: Self-Defence
//54//: Unalive
//55//: Adieu
//56//: Princess
//57//: Pure love
//58//: Moving on
//59//: FAROOQ'S POV
//60//: Double Fire
Epilogue

//21//:Lifesavers

280 37 3
_queenziraa által

SABRINA'S POV
ABUJA,NIGERIA.
7TH,MARCH,2018.

Exiting the bathroom, I unwrapped the injury on my lap to apply some ointment on it. I wrapped it back with a new bandage. I swallowed a pain reliever to subsidise the pain, not that I wasn't used to it. I sauntered into my extra large walk-in closet to pick out an outfit, not that I'm planning on going out of my room or anything. I threw on a ribbed crosses patched baby cropped tank top and high waisted baggy Cargo pants, I was ditching bra today. It's not like I'm going anywhere. I wore my black socks and beanie, letting my black straightened silky hair to lay below my back. I grabbed an off white Adidas hoodie just in case. I jumped back on the bed, munching on my raspberries, staring at the wall.

I have been locked inside my room for three days straight. I only open the door when it's time to get my food from Yusrah, which was breakfast, lunch and dinner. I don't have the ability to go out and face my fears and challenges. I have so many things on my plate yet I decide to shy away from them. I'm such a coward. My company has suffered a huge lost, but here I am, inside my duvet, hiding like the fool I am.

My phone has been switched off since the day I cut myself last. I have no idea how or when to accept reality. My career is going down, I'm probably going to lose all my friends and workers too, my fans won't hesitate to ditch me, I'm getting married in less than four weeks time to a man I despise with all my heart.

My heart feels so heavy.

I heard a light knock on my door. It was 9:00am in the morning, it's probably Yusrah that came to bring my breakfast. I had strictly asked her to get it after I was done taking a cold shower. I bounced up to my feet as I manifested to the door, unlocking it.

"Yusrah, I can't see my breakfast. Is anything wrong?"I questioned, scanning her empty hands which held no source of anything edible. I arched my eyebrows.

"Your friends are here to see you. Kubra pleaded that you should come down and have breakfast with them." She stated, fidgeting with her hands. I rolled my eyes, leaning my back on the door.

"Tell them to go back to their father's house. I don't want to see or speak to anyone!" I snapped about to shut the door at her face when she held my hands back. I glanced down at her hand, then back to her face. She looked worried and agitated, I didn't like the site of that one bit. So I stayed back.

"Please don't be stubborn, hear them out. I don't like seeing you like this. Just give it a try, okay?" She pleaded with teary eyes. I sighed, giving her a bone crushing hug.

She's the closest thing I have to a friend in this house, she makes this house a little less than a house and more like a home to me. Seeing her upset isn't a gratifying site, not one bit "Fine. I'll hear them out, but only because you asked me to." I muttered, pulling back. She nodded with a curvy smile.

"Thank you."  I just gave her a smile then walked downstairs. My hood was down, so my hair was in display because the beanie didn't do a good job hiding it. My hands were inside the pocket of my pants. I could swear I resembled Elizabeth Gilles from Victorious. I arrived at the main living room to find my friends there. Whoa! When she said my friends, I thought she meant Kubra and Mimi but heck was it. It was the association of all my closest friends, full squad.

Kubra, Mimi, Jannah, Mufid, Saif, Adam, Harisa and Arianna.

"What do you want?" I rudely inquired, acting all gangster on them. A part of me was happy to see them here but another part of me wanted to act bitchy. They all stared at me like I was some sort of pitiful loner. I know I looked awful, but did they have to make it that obvious.

"She really ain't doing well.." Harisa muttered, but she failed miserably as it went heard by everyone. They gave her the 'seriously' look. I rolled my eyes and turned back to descend back to my room.

"Please wait! We're really sorry for being inconsiderate about everything. We were at the wrong. We want to make it up to you, please stay." Came Jannah's voice as she pleaded. I sighed before alighting to take a seat on the cozy carpet. I wore back my hood to cover my head, the living room was extremely cold.

"How?" I blurted out.

"You've incurred a huge loss in DILA KS over the pass few months which could take months to make up for it...." Saif started.

"Rub it my face.."I mumbled, earning a look from Kubra. I averted my gaze to the now interesting bowl of marble in the coffee table.

"Listen, what if you're able to recover it all in the span of five days time?" Mufid uttered, averting his gaze to mine. I removed my hood, darting my eyes at him.

"This sure is a Disney movie." I blurted out letting the sarcasm drip out loud.

"A Sales Event and Fashion Show is to be held I
in DILA KS in the next four days. But for it to occur, some certain things have to take place." Mimi started. I brought my knees up to my chest to focus more.

"We need a large audience. A large number of people are to be present there, we need something or rather an artist that'll steal their heart." Adam stated.

Saif turned to me this time, "I'm sure you have a lot of people in mind. All that is needed is a simple phone call. Moving on, we need models!" I sure did have a lot of people in the music industry. It just depends on the type of music the people would love to listen to during the supposed Sales event/Fashion show. A phone call is all that needed to be done.

"DILA KS is short of models considering there has been some changes, most of the company's models are in the States and Western Europe. Jannah and Arianna will be in charge of the collation of models. You guys have some contacts if I'm not mistaken. Arianna you could reach out to your brother's friends—-Neelam and Malika if they could be of any help." No way am I letting that snake—Neelam into my hall. No freaking way. I'd rather lose my company than beg her for anything, never. She could be one of the best African Disney star for all I care.

"Then the snacks and refreshments will be handled by our dear sister Aliza. She'll talk to Farida—since she's the new owner of the Nosh Temple."Kubra exclaimed flashing me a toothy grin. I shrugged, turning my head to the right.

"I will be in charge of designing and decorating the hall. DILA KS has a large hall that's able to hold more than four hundred persons. I'll have a word with my team, In Shaa Allah." Harisa uttered. Harisa was a lawyer but also had an interior decorating studio. She does a really good job handling both jobs at the same time.

"Then moving on to the most important part of the event which is the collection. Sabrina you have to get up your lazy butt and finish the work which you have been up to for a month now. You're the fastest person when it comes to designing." Jannah shot a glare at me, I rolled my eyes sending one back.

There's this collection I've been working on for a month now, but I'm unsure if it's a good idea to launch it. I thought of giving it up a thousand times but I couldn't bring myself to. My inspiration was too stupid for me to have continued, it was my Mrs Mahir. She had an undeniable good taste in fashion, I give her the credit. Her all white fashion sense inspired me for this collection, I'd never pass by her without catching a glimpse of her elegant dressing. I badly want to compliment it, but it makes no utter sense that it was that cruel human that was my inspiration.

"All the designers and tailors have been enlightened and have already started working on their tasks which I had assigned to them while you were gone for the past three days." Mimi vocalized showing me her work tablet as I analysed them one after the other.

They were actually good designs. Impressive.

"Oh and, the same Fashion Exhibition will occur in LA. They'll handle things perfectly there. I assure you." Mimi added with a mirthful smile.

"That really good collection which you have been working on, you need to finish it. You have to. In order for this plan to work out, you need to take your stand and own it. Please Sabrina."

I sunk my head on my knees which were raised up to my chest. I let out a loud groaned before averting my gaze back to the species that sat before me.

"Why do you guys always have to be the best?" I grumbled with a tint of mischievous grin. I thank Allah for the type of friends which he has blessed me with.

"You know you love us. C'mere." Jannah motioned for me to come over for a girls group hug which I immediately reciprocated. The six of us hugged each other as though our lives depended on it, why am I so affected by compassionate moments like this?

"It's okay. Madam we are hungry." Mufid grumbled, clutching his stomach, dramatically if I may add. I rolled my eyes casually. I didn't want to stress out my vocal cords so I just used the telephone to call the butlers to bring breakfast. I was famished. In less than two minutes, three butlers moseyed out of the kitchen with trays filled with different varieties of breakfast as they moved to the dining area.

"Let's go." I uttered but seems to me that I was too late because they were all sat on the dining table and were already munching on the food. I shook my head and bounced up, taking a seat next to Mimi. My friends being my friends, ate in noise, they were blabbering about how Korean movies are better than most American movies. I would have been in support and had joined the pointless debate if I wasn't starving.

We had pancakes, waffles, avocado toasts, breakfast sandwiches, cinnamon rolls and your desired tea. Here in the Mahir mansion, whether or not you stay in the house, as long as you're having breakfast here, no intake of coffee is allowed, only tea. I had gotten used to it since when I was young, it later grew as a habit.

"Hey Brie.." Saif called out.

"Mhmm." I hummed, taking a bite out of the breakfast sandwich. I helped myself with a cup of ginger tea.

"How's it like living alone as the only female child left in the house?" He questioned out of the blue. I glanced at him with confusion.

"Yeah, don't you like feel suffocated or something? I mean the twins are married, Ashraf is a workaholic, Arif is just....well Arif." Mufid said, adding blueberry syrup on his pancake. You want to hear of the worst possible combination of people? Just have Ya Arif, Saif, Mufid, Adam and two other friends of theirs I can't recall their names. They would tear down the whole place in the name of cruise and flexing. One time they threw a party here in the mansion and afterwards got in trouble for disturbing neighbors.

I've actually gotten used to the boring house. I barely meet my parents in the morning due to their busy schedules, my brothers too. I leave for work by 10:00am, so it would be impossible for me to get a glimpse of their faces. The house is gigantic yet most times I feel so suffocated. So many luxurious items and rooms; the theatre room, my room and mini parlor, my sibling's rooms and parlors, the pool, basketball court, garden, kitchen and most especially the balcony and my fashion work room are my favorite rooms in this mansion.

I busy myself with work and social media so much that I don't have to feel the depressing sadness of being alone in this mansion. Though sometimes, I hang out with the workers when they are less busy. Ya Arif is barely at home these days so I don't even get a chance to say 'hi'.

"You could ask Kubra, she's also the only child at home. Her only sibling is now married. So..." I averted the conversation back to Kubra to avoid any further digging.

"Well it's fun. You get your parent's love more than ever, it's a euphoric feeling." She stated excitedly. Rub it in Kubra. I kept quiet for a while, ignoring their family related conversation.

"Masha Allah. My children finally decided to pay me a visit. How are you all?" Mrs Mahir spoke as she moseyed downstairs, her assistant, bilqees, strolling behind. Clad in a white silk shirt with a bateau neckline and peasant sleeves, which was tucked into a flare white maxi skirt, a white chiffon veil was wrapped around her head into a hijab. She wore a white four inch stilettos, complimenting her glossy skin.

If only her heart was as pure as her dressing.

"Assa'lamu Alaikum." They greeted.

"Wa'alaikum Salam. How are you all doing?" She flashed her white teeth, one could swear it was a genuine smile. I could feel her gaze on me but I dared not to look up. I was through with my food and had decided to watch stories on Instagram till she exited the premises.

"If it isn't our coolest auntie." Mufid and Adam bounced up and gave her a hug. Mufid and Adam are my cousins from my dad's side but they still shared a good relationship with Mrs Mahir. According to them, she's cool. Eww, I know.

"The best of the best." Jannah and Mimi cheered on as she embraced her with a hug. They all think she's cool or something which was slightly disturbing.

"My daughters won't you give me a hug?" She feigned sadness, Kubra, Harisa and Arianna rushed to her. At this point, I hope I don't throw my guts out. I was the only one left on the dining table. Great, they ditched me for that monster.

"Can't you greet Sabrina?"Mufid shot me a glare. I narrowed my eyes at him, then it moved back to my phone.

She cleared her throat, with an upsetting glare, "Ina kwana hajiya; good morning hajiya." She poured with pure sarcasm.

Taking a morning selfie, with a bit of editing, I posted it on my Instagram story. I guess I didn't look as bad as I had assumed. After a minute, I replied, "Don't you have somewhere to be?"

"Or you'd rather irritate me more with your presence." I raised an arching brow as I rose to my feet, walking to where they all stood.

"Are you perhaps alright? It's your mother you're talking to!" Jannah swatted my arm. I slipped my hands inside my pocket, moving to where she was. We stared at each other with immense heat in the air, it was as terrific as a substance at boiling point.

"You're not nice." She smiled sadly, feigning hurt. She could act better. This woman didn't even bother checking up on me when she heard that I locked myself inside my room. Not even once did she bother, at least even if it's a fake attempt, it would have been better.

"Oh my God, it spoke." I placed a hand on my heart, analyzing her. If looks could kill, I'd be way underneath by now considering the looks I was receiving from my friends.

I could swear I saw her take a hard gulp in. "If indeed ignorance was bliss, you'd be the happiest person in this planet."

"You could at least act your age, then I'd pretend you're not being rude to me."

"Needn't you pretend." I exclaimed boisterously.

"Don't test my little patience this morning young lady..." She replied in a sharpened tone as her squinty eyes pierced into mine.

"People who take your bull, are the real heroes. I mean Bilqees, job well done." I sarcastically shook her hand, she gave me bizarre look before looking away.

"Can you like go? I mean go to where your presence is needed. You don't want your sweet daughter puking her guts out do you?" I raised a brow as I crossed my arms around my chest, staring into her soul. Rage pulsed through her veins as molten anger rolled through her.

"I'll be taking my leave now, goodbye." She beamed as though we didn't just finish having an argument. That's how good she is at acting. I always wondered why she hasn't still been nominated for the Oscars.

"Bye, Mommy." They replied. She strutted out not before nudging my shoulders with hers and whispering, "I'll deal with you later."

"I'd give you a nasty look but you've already got one." I yelled at the door. I'm not even sure if she heard it or not, nevertheless, I vented out my frustration. I turned back to meet a queue of questioning eyes all over me. "What?" I snorted.

"What the hell was that? How are you so comfortable speaking to her like that?" Saif bellowed. I rolled my eyes casually.

"Please..." I massaged my temples with the tip of my fingers.

"They're worst than that, trust me." Came the voices of all the rest with exception of Jannah and Saif as they were the only one oblivious about my cold relationship with Mrs Mahir. The rest are used to our usual arguments and witty comments on each other.

"My butt would've totally been rapunzuled by now." Jannah muttered, we burst out laughing.

"But seriously girl, you need to make a good relationship with your mother. It's not healthy. At least try." Harisa said with concern written all over her face. Harisa is the caring type, unlike Arianna who prefers to argue or manipulate her way through a conversation.

"You think I haven't tried. For so many years, she's neglected me, my presence and entire existence. I can swear that her assistant knows more about me than she does. What else do you expect when she's married to money and fame. Can't you see? She's too busy to even spare me a glance. She only speaks to me when she's in the mood for criticism or when she wants something. She only cares about her other children and work. That's how selfish and self centered my so-called mother is. With her as a mother, I'd prefer to be an orphan my entire life."

"Sorry." Mufid managed to mutter, I could see through their eyes that they felt pity towards me. They were heart touched about my little story.

"It's cool. I've got better persons in my life than her. I wouldn't change that for the world. Now come on, who wants to watch a movie?"

_______________________________
2 days later.....

I used the Gem-tac permanent glue to gum the Swarovski crystals on the fourth to the last sequined dress in the collection. In a zigzag pattern, I applied the glue to stick the rhinestone gems. In less than ten minutes, I was through stitching the dress.

I'm so exhausted. I'm fast when it comes to tailoring and designing, it took me a day and half to finish the first collection. It remained only three more sequined dresses to finish the last collection. Give me the credit, I've been working my butt off these past few days.

You don't understand how much you mean to me......

I picked the call on the second ring.

"Good day, S.A.K speaking." I stated once I answered the phone. The call was from my business number.

"Are you through ignoring me?" The caller inquired in a low tone. My heart skipped a bit as I digested the caller's voice. I have been ignoring him ever since my marriage alliance was fixed. I can't bring myself to even a uttter a single word to him. I've hurt him way too much.

"Kamal.." I called out almost in a whisper.

"How are you doing?"

"I'm fine. Before you spill out your anger to me. I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to play with your head, at least not intentionally. The marriage proposal came as a request from a person whom I can't ever go against, it was more like a promise than an arranged marriage. I'm really sorry Kamal, do find it in your kind heart to forgive me." I blurted out without even thinking.

"Calm down, I'm not angered. You don't have to explain yourself. I believe whatever you did was for a good reason....." he paused. I kept mum as I awaited him to proceed, my heart hitting across my rib cage.

"Though I'm saddened that I won't be the man you'll travel the world with, or have a romantic dance beneath the Eiffel Tower. I love you Sabrina, I have never stopped loving you. But I did istikhara prayer and I'm afraid we are not destined to be one, my dear princess."

I also prayed istikhara prayer more than two times, I hoped severally that it'd draw me to Kamal but it only brought me to think about one person, Farooq. I don't know how or why we are meant to be together but I trust Allah's plan more than anyone's. Indeed he is the best of planners.

"I'm really sorry, Kamal." I muttered on the verge of breaking down. Beads of sweat spilled down across my nervous forehead.

"It's okay. I wish you the best of happiness. In Shaa Allah, that long happiness you've been searching for will eventually reach you regardless of any obstacle that may come your way. You will be happy, okay? Let me see that pretty smile.." He chuckled, though it was a voice call, I could imagine the cheesy grin on his face.

"Yes, Kamal. I will. Thank you for always being there for me." I laughed lightly, a small smile making it way on my lips.

"I will always be there for you Princess, always."

"Alhamdullilah."

"I heard about your Fashion exhibition and Fashion-show which is to commence in the next two days. How's your lazy butt keeping up with it?"

"You have no idea. I've been having lots of sleepless nights, a lot of needle injuries on my fingers. Dude, I missed out on The tonight show by jimmy Fallon." I whined like a little child.

He let out a laugh, "You missed out on the tonight show? Impossible!" He uttered in disbelief.

"Allah! I'm so making up for it." He teased me some more about how ugly I've become ever since I returned to Nigeria. After a lot of clutching of stomachs and wiping up invincible tears, we decided to end the call.

"One question before we cut the call..."

"I'm all ears Sir." I listened attentively.

"Did you ever love me?"

"Yes Kamal, I did. But I'm not sure if I still do." Frankly, I loved him years back in my high school days. After reconciling with him recently, learning he still had feelings for me, I think I felt the need to reciprocate the feelings even though it wasn't there at the start. I knew for a fact that I was attracted to him.

"I just needed confirmation. Thank you, Sabrina." With that, he ended the call leaving me to my thoughts.

Gulping hard on my Coca Cola drink, I twirled around on my chair analyzing my fashion workroom. I decided to do a bit of redecorating, considering I had a lot of decorations supply in a huge box next to the door.

END OF CHAPTER

This chapter is dedicated to @halmarrh

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

47K 2.1K 102
[COMPLETELY EDITED AND FINISHED] What happens when you fall in love with your enemy? Well you do know what happens, your family abandons you and all...
5.9K 222 12
"I call this one pain. And this lil one right here under his wing is suffering." "No offense, but...who the hell would wanna be reminded of pain and...
ALMOST UNFIXABLE. Temilade által

Ifjúsági irodalom

183K 45.6K 97
"Sometimes, you have to kind of die inside in order to rise from your own ashes and believe in yourself, and love yourself enough to become a new per...
61.6K 3.6K 70
There is nothing like first love but then there is nothing like true love also. A love that stands there for you even in the worst times, that is wha...