Doflamingo x OC {Don't Open T...

By Op-Law

'La da, da, da, la da' ~~~~~~~~~~ Word Count - 71,436 More

(1) Dark Desires
(2) A Man & His Dog
(3) Every Key Has A Lock
(4) Dinner to Die For
(5) Midnight Snack
(6) Reasons Behind Hate
(7) Belief
(8) Second Meeting
(9) Friendship
(10) Still A Dream?
(11) Fantasy Meets Reality
(13) Preparations
(14) Surprises
(15) Buttons
(16) Love vs Hate
(17) Abandonment
(18) Dealing With Crazy
(19) Nearly Caught
(20) Things Got Better?
(21) Forgotten Past
(22) History Repeats
(23) A New Dawn
(24) Her Request
(25) Bird Cage
(26) One Returns
(27) Marriage Plans
(28) Dresses & Cake
(29) Two Different Wants
(30) Invitation
(31) On This Day, Forever Begins
A/N

(12) The Man Upstairs

112 9 0
By Op-Law

I was about to head back inside to think over what had happened but a voice made me pause just as my hand touched the doorknob. "Hello, Ms. Elizabeth. Do you perhaps have a minute to spare?" When I realized it was only the neighbor lady, I thought over her request. Earlier she had repaired my doll so I would happily repay the favor. "Oh, hello. Do you need help with something?" As Jora walked closer, I joined her at the bottom of the steps before she held out a wrapped dinner plate.

"Yes, I'm afraid I made these treats for the man upstairs but after my performance last night I can't make it up the steps. Would you mind taking these to him on my behalf?" I hadn't met that neighbor yet although I didn't mind running them up to save her the trip. "Sure, I can do that" Taking the plate from her hands I watched as they fell to her sides before she started to speak. "Thank you! You're truly kind I can see why the Young Master chose you to occupy his time. Tell me is he doing well?"

I looked at her but still wasn't sure who this person was she kept talking about. "Who is this Young Master?" She had mentioned him when I was in her apartment as well although now, I hoped to at least receive an explanation. "Oh, silly me. You have been calling him Mingo... or are you referring to him as Doffy now? He is quite selective when allowing someone to call him that" How did she know that? I could have continued to think over what she said although had already begun to speak since my curiosity had gotten the best of me. "Wait, you know Doflamingo?"

"Of course, I do. Has he not spoken of the most beautiful member of his family?" She was a little full of herself but I kept the comment to myself and moved on to other things. "No... He said his family all abandoned him... You're one of them, aren't you?" Her eyes seemed to narrow but I ignored the odd behavior as she tried to play innocent. "One of what dear?" I had done enough risky things for one day although one more wouldn't matter so asked the question without hesitation. "Don't play stupid with me. You're a Devourer, aren't you?"

"How else do you think I stay this young and beautiful? Now, take those treats up to Vergo-san. He can explain more about the Young Master than I ever could" It was almost like she was trying to get rid of me but I didn't mind since after a second of staring at her my eyes shifted to look at the stairs that lead up to the man's apartment. I had plenty of daylight left however before I went up there, I wanted to know what this lady did to Doflamingo. "Why did you abandon Doffy?" He had said it once or twice before and his voice held such pain when his family was brought up.

"We did not abandon him. If that were the case then we wouldn't be waiting for him to open the gates... I've said too much. Please forgive me but I need to go before he knows I am here" I watched as the neighbor disappeared down her staircase. Once she was gone, I turned my focus on the plate she had handed me. Setting it on the ground and walking away had crossed my mind, but if I did that, I might have been throwing away the chance to learn more about Doflamingo.

"Here goes nothing"

~~~~~~~~~~

Elsewhere...

Vergo's Pov

"The brat is coming up here? I suppose I will have to deal with her" I had thought I had been alone but soon enough another person started to yell. She should have been taking a nap in the other room or at least not bothering me although I should have known she'd be keeping tabs on me. "No, Vergo-san! The Young Master likes her so we need to convince her that he is a good man!" There had to be some information she knew since that did not sound like him. "Doffy is not the type to like a person unless they have something he wants. What does this brat have to offer him?"

"Well... He made her that bracelet! Did you not see it!? That is the Young Master's work!" I had to think it over, but I remember seeing that bracelet wrapped around her wrist. "Does that mean something, Sugar?" She had turned her head away although I didn't think much about her childish behavior. Sugar had always been like that; she was turned too young and never abandoned that childish demeanor. "The Young Master has never given a homemade gift besides those creepy dolls!" Again, the girl had made a good point however my ears were beginning to ring from her constant shouting. "Must you be so loud?"

She might have acted as if she were still a child but there were times a much darker side came to the surface. My statement wasn't meant to upset her although it had and I knew to stay on guard when her eyes started to glow. "I can still change you into a toy Vergo, don't push your luck... Did you hear that?" I had heard the sound as well but knew it was most likely the girl we had been expecting. "That must be the brat... Go make yourself useful and let her in"

"Don't order me around!"

'Knock' 'Knock' 'Knock'

"I'll get it!" With her gone, I made a moment to myself although I needed to gather a few thoughts. "I do not understand why Doffy didn't keep her with him... Yes, Sugar was his favorite... I suppose you have a good point" My moment of peace was short-lived as Sugar returned with her hand wrapped tightly around another, who seemed to be confused. "Vergo stop talking to yourself! We have a guest and look she brought cupcakes with her!" As Sugar held out a plate my eyes took in the desert before I realized they were from Jora.

"Hi, I'm Elizabeth... I was told you could tell me about Doffy" I hadn't asked for this brat's name although I knew better than to lay a hand on her. Doffy had deemed her valuable and I would hate to disobey him by harming his toy. I hadn't seen him in years but my loyalty was the same, I owed him everything after all. "No" She might have wanted to know more about him however I owed her nothing. "Don't be rude Vergo!"

"You've grown too loud over the years. Go to your room while I deal with her" I didn't expect her to listen to a word I said but I knew she wanted to eat the dessert Jora had sent. That would hopefully make her leave and as I stared at her balled fists, they slowly relaxed. "... Fine!" Sugar was quick to flee the room although I couldn't miss how she retrieved that bowl of grapes she left on the coffee table. With her gone, I had another pest to get rid of. "You shouldn't be here. He doesn't care for others interrupting his game"

"Can you please at least tell me something about him? I want to believe he's not a monster like Law made him out to be" She shouldn't have been here in the first place although I would need to have a word with Jora later as she had willingly sent her up here. However, as I thought over her question again, I concluded that it would be in Doffy's best interest to have his toy feel at ease. "You shouldn't listen to a word Trafalgar Law has to say. He is known to speak lies and wishes to murder the Young Master"

"Did he kill his little sister?"

Elizabeth's Pov

"Are you referring to Lami?" I could only nod my eyes although I immediately noticed the way his fingers reached up to pinch the bridge of his nose. "We had already left the castle at that point but no he did not kill her... She was sick and her time had run out" I didn't know if I could believe that. I would need to question Doflamingo about it at a later time. However, I was frankly too scared to bring it up to him at the moment. "Thank you... I'm sorry I bothered yo-ahhh! A mouse is on your shoulder!"

How could I have missed that? I stared at the little creature and thankfully it stayed in place but I was getting ready to flee the room if it decided to move. "Do you not care for animals? These mice are harmless creatures... Would you like to watch their performance?" Now that he mentioned mice, I could make out other little creatures sitting around the room in various spots. "They can perform?" I should have been running out of the apartment although my curiosity had gotten the best of me. "Quite well for mere mice... Take a seat. The show will begin in a moment"

"Elizabeth!? Where are you!? Suppers going to be ready in half an hour!" I nearly jumped when my mother's voice echoed throughout the room but relaxed when I realized she had been shouting from downstairs. "It would appear someone is looking for you" I thought about going back down my apartment although decided against it since if she asked, I could just say I never heard her yelling. "She can wait. I want to see the mice do something cool" The little creature was still in place and if it could do tricks, I wanted to see it before leaving. "Quite demanding... Unfortunately, you need to leave"

I was a little disappointed to hear that but knew I couldn't fight against the man. "Alright. Thank you for easing my mind about Doffy" I turned away to leave although when Vergo spoke up I remained in place. "Why are you calling him that?" That question took me by surprise as I didn't think it was a crime to use a nickname when talking about a friend. "He said I could. Why does it matter to you?" His eyes gave nothing away but the way his lips fell into a straight line was a bit concerning.

By the time he had spoken, I nearly jumped as his tone came out so much colder than before. "How odd. He doesn't let just anyone use that nickname... I didn't know he was still using it. I thought it had lost meaning after what happened" His eyes showed a single trace of emotion although I couldn't think much about it as out of nowhere a pair of sunglasses were slipped over them. I didn't know why he had put them on but refused to question it more as I turned back towards the door. "Goodbye, I'll be back to see this so-called Mice Circus or whatever this is"

"There is something you should know about him" This time I didn't turn to look at him but still held back to hear what he had to say. "Hm, what is it?" I thought he would take his time replying however that was not the case. "His wounds have never fully healed" This man needed to learn how to properly speak to people since as I thought over what he meant I couldn't figure it out. I mean Doflamingo didn't have any physical wounds on him or at least I didn't see any on him. "His wounds? I don't understand"

"He lost the most important person in his life" Doflamingo had been alone in that house so what Vergo said did much sense. However, I couldn't be sure whom he meant. It could have been a lover or even a friend although I knew asking would be crossing a line. "Why are you telling me this?" If Doflamingo wanted you to know about his past then he would have said something. Vergo had no right to tell me this. Sure, I had come up here to find out more about him although this wasn't what I wanted to know.

"You wanted to understand him, did you not? This is how you can realize the type of person he is. His whole life darkened the day she died and only became worse as the years passed... I want to request a favor" My back was still facing him but I had no intention to turn around as I glared at the door just a few feet from where I stood. "What kind of favor?" He had only met me a couple of minutes ago but somehow, he was comfortable enough with making a request of me. That was new although he better make it quick.

"You'll understand the task soon enough. It would be best if you left" He hadn't even told me what I was supposed to be doing. "How will I know what you're asking from me?" My eyes were practically rolling back in my head however I still refused to face him as I heard the sound of footsteps coming closer. "It will become quite simple. Goodbye, brat" I couldn't have been prepared for it and maybe I shouldn't have been so careless although within a second I found myself standing outside of the house.

"What the hell was that?"

~~~~~~~~~~

To Be Continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

CHIMAYOI By 柴

Fanfiction

20.1K 987 25
You're the only one I don't want to forget. « Trafalgar D. Water Law × OC »
1.3K 199 32
𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚙𝚒𝚎𝚌𝚎, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚕𝚞𝚏𝚏𝚢 𝚐𝚘𝚝 𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚜𝚒𝚖𝚙𝚜. 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕...
14.8K 309 43
you are the big gæ :) (Cover art by LotusMartus on DeviantArt) [Doflamingo x Crocodile]
10K 262 16
𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗦𝗧𝗢𝗥𝗬 𝗛𝗔𝗦 𝗕𝗘𝗚𝗔𝗡 𝗢𝗡𝗘 𝗣𝗜𝗘𝗖𝗘 [𝗦𝗘𝗔𝗦𝗢𝗡 𝗢𝗡𝗘 - 𝗝𝗨𝗡𝗘𝗕𝗟𝗨𝗘𝗦𝗙𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗥 © 𝗢𝗖𝗧𝗢𝗕𝗘𝗥 𝟭𝟵, 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟯 -