(7) Belief

Elizabeth's Pov

'Rrrrrr' 'Bark' 'Bark'

"Oh, it's you! Hey, give that back!" I had been looking for that puppy all afternoon but I hadn't expected him to steal my doll. Well, maybe I should have been more careful since it probably looked like one of his chew toys. Even so, I needed to get it back but from the looks of it, I had already lost him. "He's a quick little one... Where am I?" I couldn't have gotten that far away from the house. "Was it this way? Or maybe this way? Great, this is hopeless"

I could have sat around and waited to be rescued however I doubted my parents would notice I was gone until at least the morning. "Excuse me may we have a word with you?" The moment I heard a new voice other than my own I turned around although I was surprised to see it was the man from yesterday. He wasn't the one to speak, it was the other guy standing behind him. Maybe I shouldn't have been surprised to see him since his pup had stolen my doll not even five minutes ago.

"You're that creep from yesterday. What do you want and where did Bepo go? He stole my do- He stole something very important to me" I wasn't about to tell him I was carrying around a children's doll. Oh no, that would definitely make me out to be the weirdo here. "You're not getting that bastard's doll back. In fact, I might burn it later" This man was beginning to piss me off. He had no right to take my things and on top of that, he clearly had been stalking me to be aware I had a doll in the first place. "Excuse me! Sir, who the hell do you think you are!?"

"Watch your mouth Brat-ya. I am only here to warn you about that house" He had said something else about my house the other day as well. I could have stuck around and heard him out but I was already mad at him so didn't care enough to stay. "We're done here" I had gotten about five feet away from the pair when the leader of the duo said something that just sent a chill down my spine. "Smoker-ya, make sure that brat doesn't leave until I'm done with her" When the other man wrapped his arms around my chest, I tried to wiggle free but realized it was iron tight.

All I could do was see exactly what this creep wanted to do with me. "W-What do you mean by t-that?" His eyes narrowed at me although I avoided his glare by looking at the ground. "I'm here to give you a warning that's it besides you are not attractive. Why would I lower the bar for someone as ugly as you" If I hadn't been held against my will, I might have found that comment disrespectful to the point of getting violent but that would need to wait until later. "Law, stop provoking her"

"What was that Smoker-ya?" These two knew each other but I could tell they weren't exactly on the same page. One was a crazy person and the other just seemed like his assistant in a way. Either way, I needed to keep my mouth shut before I said something I regretted. "Forget it. Hurry up before he realizes you're toying with his new plaything"

"Let her go. If she runs that's fine, I will break a few of her bones. I really enjoy hearing the cracking sound" I was released although remained still as my chin was gripped between his fingers. "There is a door in that house unlike any other. It's behind some wallpaper and requires a special key. If you find a key with a button on the end of it; burn it, throw it away, or lose it. I don't care what you do just don't open that door"

We hadn't been in that house more than a day but somehow, he knew about that little door. There must have been an explanation, or maybe it was just he lived there once. I didn't know although decided to tell him nothing was behind that door. "There's nothing behind that door. I opened it yesterday. It's just old brick" The way his eyes started to glow threw me off and I started to back away. "You opened the door!? Are you a moron!?" His anger was only getting worse but for an unknown reason, I made the wise decision of whispering my thoughts out loud. "Someone is off their meds"