(18) Dealing With Crazy

Sometime Later...

Doflamingo's Pov

"That took longer than it should have... I did request them to bring more food for Elizabeth. That must be the reason" I tried not to think about it too much as it only took an extra ten minutes although as I walked back towards my bedroom, I thought about what had occurred earlier. I had not expected her to strike me as she did. However, I should have taken in her distaste for me before I decided to steal a kiss from her. I would need to use care with her in the future to avoid such an incident from happening again.

I was too busy thinking about her that I nearly walked past the bedroom door. Turning back, I stopped to put my ear to the door but I could not pick up on much noise on the other side. I figured she must have fallen asleep so quietly opened the door and called out with a whisper in my tone. "Elizabeth? Are you still awake?" My eyes went to the bed expecting to find her there but when I noticed it was empty, I looked elsewhere. "Elizabeth?" I had locked the door before I left so there was no chance, she left although that only left me questioning where she went.

"You're being too loud. Keep it down before I throw something at you" Following the voice I found her sitting on the window seat. It was not ideal for her to be there but simply moving her would not end well for me. She needed to move on her own or she would not be happy. "What are you doing over there Elizabeth? You are sick and should be in bed not sitting by the window" I was a fool to try reasoning with her although I thought with her sick state it would have been easier. "This is now my spot and I will stay here as long as I like. Where is my soup?"

I had offered her some earlier but I did not think she was in the mood for it. However, if she wanted some, I would gladly retrieve her a bowl. "Your soup... Did you want some?" Her head had moved back to stare out the window although I ignored it since fighting with Elizabeth about her poor choices would only hurt me. "I thought you were bringing some back for me" So she did want the soup. Getting her a bowl would be easy enough and maybe after that she would have a nap. "I can go get you some. It will only take a couple of minutes if you can wait that long"

"It better be some good soup and I want some crackers with it" Her eyes were still staring out the window but thanks to the darkness outside I could see the way they were narrowing. Such an adorable face for an equally adorable girl. Even though she was adorable I still decided to tease her. "You are quite demanding" She could make demands all day and night. Anything that kept her distracted from her previous life would benefit me greatly.

"Says the kidnapper... I want a blanket too. It is cold over here" Looking back at her I could see the slight shaking but did not move to get her a blanket. She decided to be over there on her own accord. "You would not be cold if you stayed in bed underneath the covers. Come back to bed Elizabeth sitting by that window is only going to m-" Now, I had not moved towards her to touch her in any way although the moment my foot stepped forward, she flinched. "Don't you dare touch me"

Her tone was harsh although she could not hide the fear her eyes reflected. I was not going to frighten her any long however I wanted to try at least once more to have her move back to bed. "Elizabeth... please go back to bed. You will feel much better over there" I wanted her to be reasonable but maybe I was a fool to believe she was capable of such a thing. "I told you no" My temper got the better of me and while I did try to hold my tongue that had become too difficult.

"You are the most stubborn woman I have ever meant! I will be back with your soup!" Turning towards the door I was stopped short by her asking a question. "What about my blanket?" I could have ignored her but since I needed to be on her good side, I picked up the throw blanket from the foot of the bed before tossing it in her direction. "Here!" That should please her. I thought we were done speaking to one another however before I could fully walk out the door, she said something that caused me to lose my footing. "Thank yo- What the fuck was that? What did you trip over?"