(8) Second Meeting

Doflamingo's Pov

Elizabeth had returned home some time ago although I was busying myself with other matters. Mainly examining my little creation and making the necessary repairs. "That stupid mutt damaged my work... but who was the one to repair it? The stitchwork is quite nice almost as if I sewed it myself" It lacked perfection however it stopped the sand from pouring out for a bit. I could have left it alone but decided against it as I cut another thread to redo the stitching myself. The thread used would not have held together for more than a week so it was better to do this now. Besides Elizabeth was taking an afternoon nap on the couch making this time work perfectly.

"There we go. It is a shame I did not see whose mutt ruined my work... Go back to her and I will call for her within the hour" The doll had given a slight nod before leaving the palm of my hand to prepare to jump from the open window. I turned on my heels just as it jumped but that was fine, I knew it would end up right where I needed it. "Fufufu. Little Elizabeth is coming out to play" I had only been expecting to see her later tonight but since her parents were gone, I thought why should I waste a good opportunity for fun.

"I wonder if she plays hide and seek?"

~~~~~~~~~~~

Sometime Later...

Elizabeth's Pov

'Knock' 'Knock' 'Knock'

"I'm up... Hm, what was that sound?" I had thought my parents had come back but when I listened for hints of my mother's voice, I didn't hear a thing. "Must have been the neighbors" My body laid back on the couch hoping to get another few hours of sleep. However, the moment my eyes shut the light sound of knocking hit my ears. "What the heck was that?... It's the same sound from my dr- It couldn't be"

At first, I only got up to make sure I wasn't crazy but when I noticed the clock hands weren't moving my mind concluded this was another dream. "It's weird to be having the same kind of dream twice... Where did I put my key?" The last time I checked it was sitting on my nightstand but before I could end leave the room, I noticed my doll was sitting on the back of the couch holding it. "Where'd you get that?... You look better" The neighbor lady had fixed her up the best she could but these stitches were different almost like someone had redone them. "Are you going through the little door as well?"

To make myself seem saner I tilted her head up and down in a mock 'yes' gesture. "There's good. Let's see if the tunnel is there in this dream as well" The couch was still heavy but I managed to push it out of the way before crouching down to instead the key and unlock it. Carefully I pulled it open and just like last night a tunnel was present. However, this time the tunnel appeared smaller with various items lining the sides. I stared for a moment longer but figured I'd still fit so went ahead with the plan.

It was tight although I made it work as I eventually came to the end. This time the other door was left wide open allowing me to enter the same room as before. Looking around I couldn't see Doflamingo. "I wonder where he is?... What's this?" I noticed on the coffee table there rested a chocolate box and while I knew it wasn't mine, I was on the hungry side. "He won't mind if I take just one" Reaching for the box I tried to take the top off when out of nowhere a pair of hands wrapped around my wrists.

"Ahhhhhhh!"

~~~~~~~~~~~

Ten Minutes Later...

"You hit quite hard for such a small girl" He shouldn't have scared me half to death or stayed that close to me. However, I couldn't exactly take back my punch. "I said I was sorry but you shouldn't be sneaking up on people" He probably was giving me a look behind those shades, I could feel it or I was just overthinking things. "You were the one trying to steal my chocolates. What brings you here Elizabeth?" I got a bit confused since I thought it was him calling me over here. "Didn't you knock on the door?"