(9) Friendship

Sometime Later...

Doflamingo's Pov

I had given her an arm full of yarn and let her be although I was growing curious about what she was doing. Of course, I refused to speak as my eyes trailed down her neck. My fangs had left a mark on her but it was hidden away beneath those bandages. I wanted to see it for myself. "Elizabeth, why is your neck bandaged?"

She had looked up from her little project but had this mad expression on her face. It was amusing to witness and as she replied I found myself grinning. "Something attacked me in my sleep" She did not have a clue her attacker was sitting right beside her. I would need to keep it a secret, for now, one day soon the truth would come out. By that point, it would be far too from her to run away. All before her never stood a chance and this time was no exception. "Any ideas as to what it was?"

"A vampire" That was not a term I was unfamiliar with although it could not have been the name of any bug so I asked about it. "I am sorry but what is that?" She gave me an odd look however still replied so I was content. "A person who has died and come back to life. They feed on the blood of innocent people to keep themselves alive" Now, that sounded familiar. Perhaps we had similar creatures but their world was so boring. Creatures of my world could be present in theirs only when they decided this one was not good enough for them any longer.

"How interesting. I have never heard of such a thing... however what you described sounds more like a Devourer" Telling her about them was a risk. I had fed on her once although if she continued to believe something else was responsible, she would never connect the dots. "What is that?"

She was curious, that was good. If she wanted an answer, I would gladly give her one, and hopefully, that would satisfy her curiosity for the time being. "A Devourer feeds off blood to keep their strength but does not require it to retain their immortality. They also obtain a certain power when they are turned although that is unique to each Devourer" Her little brain was thinking the information over but eventually she did come back to her senses. "Wait, are you saying these creatures are real in this world? Vampires are things of fiction in mine"

"Oh yes, they are real. I have met several in my life" Elizabeth's eyes narrowed although I was not prepared for whatever came out of her mouth. "Are you one of them?" I could have told her the truth but that would have ruined our little game too soon. This was going to be drawn out for as long as possible to make up for the years I spent only being able to toy with adults. Elizabeth was technically over eighteen but still considered a teen so I was content with her being the latest plaything. "Tsk. Do not be silly"

"That's good. Can you give me your wrist, please? I figured pink was your favorite color, I hope I wasn't wrong" She had something made from yarn in her hands but I had not seen anything like it before. "You would be correct. What are you doing?" As she tied the yarn to my wrist, I noticed it was a bracelet of sorts. "I made you a friendship bracelet. I know it may be silly but I used to make one for any new friends I got. Do you like it?" I had intended to lie to the girl about her foolish gift although as I stared at the bracelet, I found myself smiling. I often smiled in front of others but this was different.

Elizabeth had made me something and I had not asked for it. No one else had ever done such a thing. She deserved a little bit of praise for such good work. "You are quite the young talent. Fufufu. Why is it we are friends? We only just met and you have yet to figure out if I am a good person or not" She should have been wary of my intentions however as her words spilled from her lips I nearly scoffed. "I'm sure you are a good person, Mingo... After all, you gave me a chance to have an enjoyable night. Thank you for all you have done, it means a lot"

"Can I make one for you?" I could give her anything but at my request, her eyes widened before they quickly returned to normal. Building her trust would be easy and when the timing was right, I would find such joy in watching it shatter. "This is your house, Mingo. You can do whatever you want" I would have started although I had not paid attention when she was crafting her little creation. She knew how to make them so I needed to ask her for some assistance. "I have never made something like this before"