(31) On This Day, Forever Begins

The Wedding Day...

Elizabeth's Pov

"You appear to be quite nervous. What seems to be troubling you, Elizabeth?" That was a different voice although I knew I had heard it once before. Turning around I saw someone who shouldn't have been there. "R-Rosinante? What are you doing here? Does Doffy know you're here?" This was the one man Doflamingo refused to invite to the wedding so I got a little concerned. If the psychopathic groom found out there was an intruder at the wedding, he'd lose his shit and I didn't want that to happen, not on my day. "What my brother does not know will not bring him harm. I have brought you a wedding gift"

He held out a small box to me and while I could have told him to leave, I was too curious. "What is it?" This man didn't owe me a thing although here he was offering me a wedding gift. "The missing piece of him" Rosinante might have had his reasons for saying that but I quickly came to Doflamingo's defense. "Doffy is not missing any pieces. He is perfectly fine the way he is. How dare you make such a rude comment" I wanted to throw the box back at him and I was about to. "Elizabeth, he is missing one thing, or more accurately he is missing a pair of them"

Rosinante chose those words carefully and as my eyes landed on the tiny box something clicked in my head. "Wait, you don't mean?" The box remained closed although it didn't matter right now since I was trying to get some answers. "Please take care of him for me Elizabeth. You see the good in him, do you not?" Doflamingo was at times a complete prick but there was good in him. No one else might have wanted to admit it however I saw it on a daily basis. "Always"

"He fell for you based on that mark on your wrist. What if I told you that mark is meaningless?" Rosinante was running out of time although as I took a seat, I gave him my full attention. "What do you mean? Doffy told me soulmates had matching marks. It didn't appear until I came to this world so it must be true" The mark was still on my wrist and Doflamingo still had his so I was confused as to why it even needed to be brought up.

"This world does have soulmates although Doflamingo never had one. When we had been younger our mother had put that mark on him so he could have hope. I put the matching one on you. I am sorry but I wanted the best for him, he is still my brother even after all he has done. Please forgive me it was not my intention to force this life upon you" That hurt to hear since Doflamingo had only fallen for me based on this mark. He only kept me alive because I was supposed to be his soulmate.

"His fondness of you was based on a lie however I know my brother. That mark became a distant memory as his love for you became true" How could he have known that? "You do not need to be afraid of him. I told him weeks ago and while he had been upset look at where you are today. His feelings for you are real. You should get ready. I would not look good if the bride were to arrive late to her own wedding... Good luck" He hadn't even let me collect my thoughts before he disappeared although as I turned towards the box in my lap I stood up.

Doflamingo was down the hall getting ready and I should have done the same but this couldn't wait. Besides, the people who were supposed to be helping me get ready were late. If I was quick, I would still have plenty of time to dress before this whole thing began. Wandering into the hallways I noticed it had gotten quiet so I figured Doflamingo's family had finally left him alone. "I hope he's still in there" He had no reason to venture out to the courtyard just yet and as I stopped in front of his door I hesitated. Could I really ask him to take these back?

Turning around was weighing on my mind but before I had the chance the door swung open. "I thought I to- Oh, Ellie. What are you doing here? Is everything alright?" He must have thought I was one of his family members who had come to bother him some more. That would have made the most sense but that might have been the better outcome right now. "Ellie, are you alright?" He was waiting for me to speak. However, I was so nervous that I would make him mad. "What is wrong Ellie?"