(21) Forgotten Past

Elizabeth's Pov

I didn't think my supper would be ruined by Doflamingo. He was usually good at making sure everything was perfect although I tried not to think much of it since it gave me more time to wander the castle. "You are not being wise" When a girl's voice reached my ears I froze in place before I realized it was the same one from a couple of weeks ago. "You again? Where are you?" Just like the last time she never showed herself. However, unlike in the previous meeting, I heard her at least reply with more.

"He is stealing away your life and yet you do not care. Why do you allow such a thing to happen?" I still couldn't see the owner of that voice but decided to start a conservation with her. "Who is stealing away my life?" Her voice was almost bouncing out the walls although as I listened to what she had to say I found it hard to keep up. "The man with the button eyes. He tells such lies. His promises are all false. He simply desires the chance at toying with others" There was only one man I knew that fit the first characteristic. "Doffy? Are you talking about Doffy?"

"I called him that once... I should have listened to my father" That couldn't have been right although even as I tried to convince myself that this girl was wrong, I knew he had a questionable past. "Who are you? Why are you hiding?" I needed to see her with my own two eyes but I was only met with more questions. "Why are you in this place? Can you not see how you will only fall victim to his game?"

"I cannot leave. Doffy took away the key to the little door but he's different! I trust him!" Well, it was true that Doflamingo had taken the key from me my feelings had changed over the last few weeks. "He has placed you in his cage. There is no escape from here and if there was you are much too late. Why have you abandoned your family? Why were you so selfish?" Hearing that made me flinch although just as quickly I felt anger bubble to the surface. She had no right to accuse me of abandoning my so-called family. "I didn't abandon anyone!"

"We all did. I made my older brother into a monster. He lost his life because of me. I was selfish for coming here all those years ago. All because of my choices I caused so much pain" Now, her response caused me to pause. I gave it some thought although before this could continue, I needed to know who exactly she was. "Who are you? If you don't tell me I'll scream for Doffy" Using him as a threat didn't seem like the right thing to do however it worked since immediately the girl walked forward from her hiding spot. "Do not do that. I am Lami, Trafalgar Lami"

The lighting was poor although I recognized her. It was painful and my heart sank as I picked up on the girl's eyes. They were made of buttons or they had been replaced with them. I thought of running far away from her although even if I wanted to it was like my legs weren't allowing me to move. "No" I didn't know if she could see or not however as I saw her hands grip together, I knew I had upset her in a way. "Is something wrong?" Even if she couldn't see me, my tone was telling too much. "It's you"

"I do not understand. Have we met before?" My thoughts immediately went to Law and how this was his little sister. She was supposed to be dead. He thought she was dead although here she was. "No, but..." My words faded out as I thought over how to word this. She was clearly older than what her features told however she was still a child. "But what?" My words were thought of long and hard but eventually, I found it easier just to allow them to flow. "I met your older brother. He warned me not to come here... because of Doflamingo... he said you were dead"

"I am not alive. Doflamingo took away that choice from me the moment I accepted his... his gift. Y-You said you have seen my brother? W-Was he well?" I knew she wanted to know about her brother but I had questions of my own. "What happened to you? Why are you like this?"

~~~~~~~~~~~

Many Years Ago...

Lami's Pov