(13) Preparations

Earlier That Day...

Doflamingo's Pov

"This book is useless. It should not be in the library, to begin with" The thought of throwing the book across the room was there but I only ended up placing it in my desk drawer until I decided what to do with it. It belonged to her and while all traces of her should have been erased I tried not to think about it. There were more important things to take care of at the moment. Elizabeth would be visiting again tonight and while I could not pinpoint what illness I was suffering from I needed to push it aside for the night. Speaking of her I still had to prepare for the party.

"She requested a cake last night. I wonder which flavor she is fond of more" Elizabeth was not seen often eating sweets although her parents were not filling the cabinets with them either. Poor thing was being shorted of having a life worth living. It was a shame and as I thought it over, I decided making a strawberry cream cake would be perfect. They had supplied enough fruit for the task just this morning. I had not asked them to do so and they should have known I refused to eat fruit but for this task, I was glad they had been sent.

Walking towards the kitchen I decided to pause in order to check on my little doll and see what trouble she had been up to. Since I was not currently in my room I tapped against a nearby mirror before it began to ripple. "Just what are you up to my little doll?" It took a second or two but as the glass became clear little Elizabeth could be made out. She had been sitting on the forest floor crying although I did not believe she had noticed them as there was no attempt made to wipe them away.

"Who upset her?" I knew from the few interactions that she was a sensitive one but I did not like these tears of her. They were ruining her pretty face although it could not be helped now. I watched for a couple more minutes before I realized little Elizabeth was going to sit there all day if something did not occur to snap her back to reality. "I have just the thing. Fufufu" There was still time in the day to prepare her cake so as I walked forward, I eventually found myself standing in front of the door to my sewing room.

It had been locked during Elizabeth's visit although I unlocked it before stepping inside. The room was in need of a cleaning but I ignored it as I pushed open the window on the far wall. Elizabeth needed to make her way home so as I thought of a plan, I set my sights on a pile of feathers. They would work. "Time to go back home sweet little doll" Grabbing a handful of feathers I tossed them into the open space before attaching my stings to them in order to guide them to where they were required.

"My life is terrible!" She was not in the right state of mind however instead of her words causing me pleasure they did the opposite. It was an odd feeling. I had never felt something quite like it although as I tried to push these feelings away, I noticed my free hand was balled into a fist. My stings were still making their way towards where Elizabeth sat but my mind was questioning why my hand had formed a fist. I had stopped the action once I had noticed it although it was still odd. Maybe I was sick. I would need to look into it further at a later date.

"Now, where are you, Elizabeth?... Ah, there you are" As I let the first feather slowly float towards her, I allowed it to settle in front of her. When her head tilted up, I watched her pick it up and start looking it over. It twirled between her fingers but when she noticed the others falling her tiny form stood up from its spot. "There we go my little one. Go home where you are safe" I could have left her after knowing she was returning to the house but decided against it. I made myself a comfortable spot on the edge of the window all while keeping an eye on her.

In time she did return to the house and I slowly stood up but before I shut the window, I heard her say something. It was faint although I still managed to pick up on it. "I'll see you tonight, Doffy" Those words were repeated a few times in my head before they caused my grin to widen. She was right where I needed her. "Fufufu. This game should be fun. Fufufu. Tonight, will truly be special no matter what"