(30) Invitation

Doflamingo's Pov

'Knock' 'Knock' 'Knock'

This place was much brighter than my kingdom so I wanted to complete this task within an hour. I needed to return home and rest from the sun exposure. "Doffy, you can't just knock on the door. I'm not ready. I don't even know what to say" Elizabeth did not need to say a word, I would complete this task on her behalf. "Leave the talking to me. I owe you that much for all you have done for me. Fufufu. Smile darling"

"Can I- Elizabeth!? Is that you!?" I had not picked up on the man approaching from the driveway although as I turned, I took in his appearance. He was not anything special but the similarities were there that mirrored Elizabeth's features. "So, this is your father?" I tried to take a step closer however Elizabeth kept me in place by grabbing my hand. "Who the hell are you!? Are you responsible for my daughter's disappearance!?" Coming here was beginning to seem like a terrible idea, I never should have suggested it. "Dad! Stop yelling at Doffy! We are here to give you a wedding invitation! Where is the old hag?"

"Elizabeth, I don't know what this man has said to you but he has brainwashed you. Come over here while I call the police" This was getting far out of hand. This man needed to stop acting like a spoiled child and lower his tone before my eardrums burst. "Dad, that is enough! Doffy, do something"

"Hey! Put me down!"

~~~~~~~~~~~

30 Minutes Later...

Elizabeth's Pov

I was trying to give my father time to calm down so in the meantime I was going through old photo albums. "Check this out Doffy. This is me as a vampire a couple of Halloweens ago. Aren't I adorable?" My little bloodsucker should have found it as such although he appeared to be more distracted than anything. "Ellie, are we here to look at photos or deliver an invitation? You have already asked him and from his response, he clearly is against this marriage" Doflamingo was right in a way but I was convinced my father was still in shock. "Has he calmed down yet?"

"He is just staring at the back of your head. Should we ask again? I would like to return home soon. The day has exhausted me" I had been dragging him around for the better part of the day so it was best not to push him any further. Hell, if Doflamingo was too tired I wouldn't get my supper. "Alright, Doffy. Since you're Mr. Grumpypants I'll hurry this along. Take the tape off of his mouth" Doflamingo did start walking forward but not before making a comment about what I had called him. "I am not grumpy"

"Could have fooled me. Be gentle when taking the tape off his mouth. I don't want you to hurt him" Doflamingo had a violent side but I'm sure he'd be careful since it was me asking. "Now, where would the fun in that be? Fufufu. Your wish is my command, Ellie" I decided to remain in my chair but kept an eye on how much force was used when removing the tape. "Ouch! She told you to be gentle, beast!" From my spot I didn't see Doflamingo use any unnecessary force, he used enough to properly remove it.

"That was gentle. I did not take you for a schoolgirl when it came to pain" Now, while this was my father, I couldn't deny that was funny. I didn't dare laugh but I did call Doflamingo back to my side. "Doffy, sit down" With Doflamingo sitting beside me I finally got down to business. "So, father are you going to come to my wedding or not?" I needed an answer within the next hour before my man got too impatient. "How can you be agreeing to marry a man you've known for a month?"

That wasn't true, I had been getting to know Doflamingo for several months at this point. "What are you talking about? I've been gone for months. Isn't that right Doffy?" My sense of time was out the window although Doflamingo would know for sure. "Months in my world yes. Time however is not expressed equally. It changes during the seasons so it would make sense only a month would pass here while several went by in my world" That made no sense and I didn't see why he didn't tell me that earlier. I did vaguely remember him telling me beforehand that I had been missing for a few days on my first day awake. That however could have been a lie.