What is family?

By serene_fictionist

Angelina Marino The only princess of the Marino family. The world knows her as a princess who has everything... More

Author's Note
CHARACTER SKETCH
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Characters, their relations and ages
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Author's note
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Author's Note
Vince's book - A small peek into it!
A short notice!
Vince's book - A small excerpt
Vince book PUBLISHED!

Chapter 49

15.3K 523 71
By serene_fictionist

Angelina

"I promise I will be.", I said looking at Anna and she bit her lip looking away.

I can understand her hesitance to let me go out in this situation. If I had been in her place I would never have accepted to let her go out alone either. 

But this is important. We need to get help soon, otherwise it won't end well.

I climbed up the small ladder and when on the last step, I looked back at her and could clearly see the fear and concern in her eyes.

"Don't make any sound, Anna. Please be safe.", I said and she nodded.

I looked above and took a deep breath.

I just want her to be safe till I come back.

I just want to stay beside her so that I'll know she is safe but I also know we can't be safe here for long.

I bit my lip and climbed out quickly. I closed the lid of the bunker with a lot of difficulty and then pushed some sand and mud onto the lid. I then moved the dead tree matter and a few broken branches and the bent branches of the nearby tree on top of the lid.

My palms are scraped but that's the least of my concerns right now.

I stood up and I'm convinced that this place won't be found easily now. It just looks like a bunch of waste cooped up together.

Now, it is time to the the garage on the other side of the forest.

I looked in the direction I have to run right now and fear started erupting in my chest but I quickly pushed that aside.

No. I have to go.

I took a deep breath and ducked down and started moving forward with my head down.

I should go and start running from the spot a little further from where Anna and I came.

If they see me running from this direction, there is a possibility that they will think Ana would be somewhere here and I don't want that.

I need as much time as possible to get help before they find Anna.

I reached the spot which is a lot further from where Anna and I came from. I still laid low and started moving forward.

"Where the f**k are they?", I heard a voice barking out annoyed.

I gulped and continued to move further. Involuntarily, my breathing started getting a little fast.

"Boss wants them both. We will be rewarded if we get this done.", I heard another voice saying, sounding a little excited at the end.

"Think about what he will do if we won't get this job done.", some one else said blankly.

I kept moving forward as fast as possible without making a sound. 

I am making some sounds but their own voices and sound of their footsteps is overpowering the small sounds coming out while I'm pushing through the bushes.

"I don't think they would have gone very far. Spread out and search.", a bold voice said.

That's when my breath hitched.

No way.

They shouldn't spread out. 

If they, by any chance, find Anna?

No, I can't let that happen.

What should I do?

Think Angelina!

My breathing is getting faster and I'm starting to get tensed. 

That's when I decided to let them know I'm here. That's the only way to stop them from spreading out.

If they see me they will chase me and won't go around looking in all directions.

Since there is a considerable distance between them and me right now, I can probably outrun them.

I took a deep breath, stood up and stepped on a nearby twig, snapping it, making noise to let them know I'm here.

They stopped their discussion and snapped their heads in my direction. I looked at them and a shiver ran down my spine.

"Get her.", a well built man with dark brown hair said with a grin.

That grin displayed his insanity and my legs froze in their spot.

The men started running in my direction and I realized I had to run too.

I turned around and started running. My breath is getting short due to the excess amount of running and immense fear.

I kept running and some of the men are closing in. I tried to increase my speed but that is only blocking my intake of oxygen making it more hard to breathe.

"I want that girl alive.", a voice boomed and my breath stopped for a moment.

He is here!

My legs kept moving forward but my senses are getting numb each passing second.

He is here! He is here! He is here!

The same thought kept playing in my mind and my palms started shaking and sweat beads are forming on my forehead.

Cold chills ran down my spine and it was like all the nerves in my body started shaking in fear.

Fear of the man who is standing a few meters away from me, who is a few meters away from getting me and a few meters away from dragging me to hell.

My legs started trembling but I kept running.

"Aren't you a cute little princess?"

No.

"Are you bored, kitten?"

No.

"I shall play a game with you."

No! No! NO!

I started shaking my head to stop the memories flooding my brain and kept running forward. 

Stop it!

Stop thinking!

My body started trembling badly and my legs started getting wobbly. I still kept pushing my body to run.

I can't get caught!

What if they catch me-

Anna!

No, that shouldn't happen.

I won't let them take Anna.

I won't let them do to Anna what they did to me.

I can't give in to my fears now. 

I need to run faster.

I just hope she will be safe by the time I come back for her.

Please god! Please keep her safe.

I started increasing my pace again pushing all my memories aside, but that's when someone threw a medium sized stone at my left calf and I tripped and landed on the ground, hitting my head on a nearby rock.

My breathing came out labored and I felt a warm liquid flowing down my forehead. My vision got a little darker for a moment and I think my shoulder is dislocated.

I tried getting up but someone shoved me to the ground with their leg. I coughed out and looked up and found some men running towards us and realized only this man could catch up to me.

He clutched my hair tightly and lifted my head to look at him.

He was a well built man with clean shaved head and has a cut on his eyebrow. 

He looks dangerous.

He slapped me hard and my lips split open with slight blood oozing out.

"Stupid b**ch made us run so far!", he spat and my vision started getting more and more blurred due to the immense pain in my body and the fear clouding my senses.

Arianna!

I can't stop here. I need to get help and get us both out of here.

I can't let Anna get caught.

I won't let them take her.

I don't want her to go through the trauma I went through.

I need to get up and run. 

His men are still at a considerable distance. If I could somehow get away from this man, I can outrun the others and reach the other side of the forest.

I looked down and took a deep breath to clear my vision and took a fist full of sand. I looked up and saw him looking at his men, waving at them to come faster.

I lifted my head towards his arm and bit his arm with immense force. He yelped and let go of my hair.

He looked at me angrily and before he could do something, I threw the sand at his eyes and he stepped back cursing and rubbing his eyes.

"You little piece of sh*t.", he yelled and stretched his arms to get a hold of me.

I moved back and took a deep breath and started running again.

At the beginning my pace was a little slow due to the pain in my body and the blurred vision, but I pushed my limits and started running fast.

I could see the road at a distance and tears started flowing down my cheeks.

I am almost there, Anna. I'll get us out safe. Please hold on and be safe.

The men were getting more and more closer and before a person could grab me, I reached the isolated road and saw the garage at a distance on the other side of the road.

The moment I crossed the small road, I realized that the men have stopped chasing me.

I pushed all the pain aside and ran as fast as I could towards the garage.

As I got a little nearer, I shouted.

"Help!", I shouted and two men standing at the entrance of the huge garage looked in my direction and one of them walked towards me cautiously.

I still kept running and the moment he recognized me, he ran to me.

"Ms. Marino.", he said and held me before I could fall.

"Ms. Marino, are you okay? Why are you bleeding? Was there an attack? Why were we not alerted?", he kept bombarding me with questions without letting me speak.

I heard footsteps and saw a few more men have surrounded me and held guns in their hands all the while looking around for any danger.

"Anna", I breathed out and they frowned.

"Miss, what happened?", one of the men asked and a woman with bob cut held me, replacing the man.

"Arianna is still in there!", I yelled and breathed heavily.

"Boss's sister?", he asked and I nodded.

He turned around and ordered his men.

"Go get your guns and Jack, inform boss immediately. Let's go. We can't waste any more time.", he said firmly and others nodded.

I stood up on my feet and started moving in the direction of the forest.

"Miss, stay here. We will go get your sister.", the man said but I ignored him and started walking faster.

"Miss, you are injured and your forehead is bleeding badly. You can't go in there. Trust us.", he said. More like requested.

But no way in hell or heaven am I going to sit here when my sister is out there and her life is at stake.

No. Never.

I started running again, ignoring the pain in my head.

"Miss, please. Boss would be angry.", the man said and I noticed that already many men started running into the forest with their guns.

"I'll deal with my brother. My sister is in danger and I want her safe. Please.", I said loudly and he understood my desperation.

He sighed and nodded and everyone started running into the forest.

This garage was set up by Vince for security purposes. So that whenever any one of us come to the hill top and something happens, there would be immediate help.

We can call Vince and these men would immediately come for help.

But this time, to our utter bad luck, the mobiles didn't have any signals.

I heard gun shots and three of the men surrounded me while running to prevent the bullets from hitting me.

My chest started burning from all the pain in my body and difficulty in my breathing and my vision is occasionally getting blurry, but I'm shaking my head and continued running.

I won't be at peace until I see Anna safe.

People started shooting at each other from all directions and after a while of running, I noticed a man shooting the hand of the man who is dragging Anna by her hair.

The bullet pierced his hand and he left Anna's hair and she fell on the ground. He stepped back and someone shot him in his chest, making him fall on the ground.

I got tensed when I realized Anna isn't standing up or moving. Some of my brother's men surrounded her to prevent her from getting hit by the raining bullets and the woman with the bob cut was shaking her.

I increased my pace and reached her. I knelt before her and took her head in my lap.

"Anna, can you hear me?", I asked tapping her cheeks, but she is just blinking her eyes without speaking.

"Please Anna, say something.", I said and tears started flowing from my eyes.

She didn't say anything and her eyes are closing slightly.

"Please.", I sobbed out and she tried to keep her eyes open but is failing miserably.

"Stay with me, Anna. Please. I'm scared.", I said crying and tapping her cheeks gently, but she closed her eyes, completely losing her consciousness.

"Anna!", I shouted looking at her losing her consciousness, but she didn't open her eyes.

I roamed my eyes on her body to check if there are any injuries but there weren't any.

Then why did she faint?

Tears are continuously flowing down my cheeks.

What happened?

Am I late?

Did I fail to protect and save her?

My breathing started getting faster and the panic is slowly starting to set in.

That's when the bob cut woman shook me and I looked at her in a daze.

"Miss, your sister is okay. There are no injuries. She might have passed out due to shock and fear.", she said and I nodded my head in a daze.

Is Anna okay?

My head started feeling heavy from all the fear, pain and the blood loss.

The gun shots were very faint and my vision started getting blurry.

I clutched onto Anna tightly and pulled her to my chest, hugging her limp body.

The tears started flowing continuously and the past kept flashing in my brain. Fear started seeping into my nerves.

I hugged her more tightly and shoved away the hands that tried to free my hold on Anna.

"Miss, you are bleeding. We need to treat your wound. Your sister is safe.", I heard the woman say, but I didn't release my hold on Anna.

The tears are still flowing and I kept rocking back and forth along with Anna. 

The fear of what would have happened to her if I was late is numbing my senses mixed with the trauma of my past.

I clutched her even more tightly and started murmuring incoherent words while rocking back and forth.

The voices in my head started ringing continuously and I am already in the middle of a panic attack.

After a moment, I felt someone's hands trying to free my hold on her and I shook my head furiously and held on to her, crying.

"Angel", I heard a gentle voice, that my senses recognized as safe and familiar and looked up.

It was Theo.

He is looking at Anna and me with immense concern.

"Is Aria okay? Are you okay? You are bleeding.", he said and tried to take Anna from me and I let him.

He took her in his embrace and instantly checked her body for any injuries and relaxed when he found none and looked at me.

My body is starting to give out and I am losing my senses too.

"Angelina, keep your eyes open. You are safe, angel.", he said gently, holding Anna to his chest and reached out his hand for me.

I tried to reach out to him too but my body and senses are completely exhausted and my body started falling sideways and my eyes started closing slowly, losing my senses.

But instead of falling on the ground, I fell on someone's hard chest and felt the person's hand hold me around my shoulders.

The familiar embrace brought me a sense of safety and I looked up at the person. The moment I looked at him, all the nerves in my body relaxed and I knew that Anna and I are safe.

My body gave out due to the immense exhaustion and I lost my consciousness completely after muttering faintly, 

"Bubba"

*******************************************************************

Phew! Such a long chapter!

Here is the first POV of Angelina!

How was the chapter?

What is your opinion on Angel?

Who do you think that person is that Angel feared so much?

So, how do you think Aria's reaction is going to be about all the fiasco?

How do you think the brothers are going to react?

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow.

Yours lovingly, 

Author.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

197K 3.8K 43
"My wings are broken. My halos cracked. The angels long dead. I'm a lost soul waiting to die out" (Loving Athena) After the abrupt and unexpected kid...
66.3K 1.4K 43
Gemma was five when she was kidnapped. Her nanny was just a few feet away picking up Renzo's favorite salad dressing. Gemma was grabbed from behind o...
60.3K 1.4K 18
๐ŸฉทAlessia Aurora Marino๐Ÿฉท The Marino's are the second strongest/largest mafia to ever come around. Their name is world known that installs deep amoun...
2.8M 56K 132
When two completely separate paths cross by mistake or was it Fate. their meeting may have changed the way their lives plan out forever. Ambitious E...