Daddy, you're blushing!

De CassandraMaeMadrid

Venti's life as a preschool teacher, and how he manages to hide his desires for the single father of one of h... Mai multe

1
2
3
4
5
Important message
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
Epilogue
Author's note
BONUS CHAPTER

11

2.2K 89 467
De CassandraMaeMadrid

Flash news: Top model Zoe Celeste caught with a woman.

Everywhere you go, this is what you'd see. Venti's feed is full about Zoe's sandal, and it seriously concerns him that the woman hasn't spoken about it yet. Pictures of Zoe wearing a black cap inside a bar, and making out with a random girl was spreading across the world. The girl she was kissing wasn't revealed yet, as her face was covered by Zoe's hand in the picture. Many people were shocked, including Venti and Aether who were now watching the news while eating.

Venti's heart shattered as he reads all of the hate comments towards the model, just... Just because it wasn't a boy she was kissing.

Mga gago! Why are these people hating on her for being a part of LGBTQ? It wasn't even their business! The one who took the picture should be prisoned right now.” When Aether curses using this language, you know he was mad, like mad. But it was very understandable.

This woman already has a child and yet she makes out with people! Such a slut! What a waste!

Venti smacked his table, thank god it did not break. Zoe is a good mother to Hirang, she never puts her child as a second choice, so how do people who don't even know her says hurtful words to her as if they were there?!

Their jaws widened when Xiao appeared on the tv, the paparazzi forcing him to speak regarding the issue. He was trying to excuse himself from the scene in the calmest way, he cannot make a mess. Why are they even doing this to Xiao? Do they still think that they had something together?

Sir, how do you feel when you found out that Zoe was cheating on you?

She did not cheat on me. We had broken up years ago, I can't understand why the public couldn't condone it.

It was the only thing he answered from all the questions, probably to protect her image and to prevent people from thinking she actually cheated. So, people still think Xiao and Zoe were still together? I mean, they're both popular in the country, there's no way some people don't know that they had broken up. They were in denial!

I wonder what Selene feels right now as Xiao's girlfriend...

“I am worried for Hirang... I'm sure the kid will be the main topic soon.” for sure she was. Hirang is Zoe's daughter! For sure she would get dragged into this, which is why Venti was scared. He was just her teacher... And yet he wanted to protect her like she was his own daughter. If possible, he would go to Xiao's house right now and hug her.

He also wanted to message Zoe right now, but he wasn't sure if he had the right to. He only had Zoe's number for business, not the personal. And that number would probably be controlled by her manager.

He felt bad for her, because as far as I know... Her only family was Hirang. And probably, Xiao would keep her away from Zoe temporarily. Just for Hirang's safety.

Venti had an idea, though... He just didn't know how he'd do it. Remember that day when Scaramouche gave him many tubes of ice cream? He still has many left in his fridge! He'll give Zoe some, no matter if he had the rights or not. He just wanted to make her feel better, even for just a little bit.

Venti pressed the doorbell, surprise to see... Selene, her eyes looked puffy. Her nose was also red. As if she had been crying. She just stared at Venti for a second before leaving the house.

Uhm, is this really Zoe's house?

Seems like it is, because soon, the girl also came out of her door, wearing a pink sweater and pajama pants only. Her hair was messy, she had no makeup on, her eyes were swollen, and trails of dried tears were visible on her cheeks. She was a mess, and Venti did not like it. This wasn't the Zoe he knew.

“Hey...” Venti started, giving in his best smile.

“Hi!" The woman smiled back, acting like she was okay and all.

“Ice cream?” he showed her two tubes of them, the one is cookies and cream, while the other one is ube keso. Zoe's growing love for ube has always been visible in the public. There is even some cute footage of her munching on them, and Venti knew exactly what would make her feel better.

And of course, who doesn't love cookies and cream flavor?! Everyone loves that!

The woman smiled, but it looked real this time!

They were now eating on Zoe's expensive couch, and venti was careful not to spill on it! “I saw... Selene coming out of your house...” he didn't want to invade her privacy! He was just concerned, because what the fuck happened between those two?!

Ah... We just— fought.”

“Are you alright, though?” Fuck, Venti, you're so stupid. Of course, she was not! There's literally a scandal of her going around the world and everyone's hating on her because of it, and you're gonna ask if she was okay?!

“Yeah.”

They stared at each other eye to eye, before Zoe started tearing up as she shoves ice cream in her mouth.

“No I am not okay, I don't know what to do! I can't leave my house! I can't say anything unless my manager says so! Fuck... even Xiao was getting involved in this!”

Venti caressed her back as she continue to rant about how hard it is for her to keep up, “Selene... She had always been my enemy. Ever since high school! Fuck...” who would've thought she would ever say these things... But Venti was happy that she was comfortable enough to be herself in front of him. She was crying her heart out. And Venti was the only witness of this.

“I don't know why she... Wasn't happy that this was happening to me. She hates me! But why does she cry to my own pain..?”

Okay, something's definitely going on between these two. Venti just didn't want to think too much about it because it wasn't his business.

“She has always been my rival... To everything. And I always win over her, but now that... I'm getting dragged down, she was being... Sad and crappy. Telling me what I should've done to prevent this from happening, as if she never wished for my downfall...” she continued to cry. She was in so much pain, and I don't even think it's because of the issue anymore. Her mind was being flooded by her past, and until now it haunts her down until she could not get up anymore.

“I hated her not because she acts... All lovely dovey to Xiao, or when she changes her voice while speaking to him. I hated her because it wasn't me she was doing it to.”

Venti was blown away by this. What the actual fuck is going on with the world? Everything was odd, and different from the world he expected.

“You should have been more careful!”

“Why would you even care?” Selene's tears start flowing like a waterfall, eyes staring only at Zoe.

“Huh? Tell me, Selene. For the past few years, did you ever care for me? Didn't you always want to be better than me? Here's your chance! Take it! You have bitten my knees enough to the point that I can't stand up anymore.”

“How can I defeat you when you never even wanted to play in the first place? All those years I was playing on my own, and I didn't even know. How could I ever hurt you now?!”

“I am not understanding you right now Selene... Please, just leave. I am not in the mood to talk right now.”

“All I ever wanted was to outshine you... Just so I could finally be someone you could look up to.” she rubbed her nose and wiped her tears before walking away to leave the house, almost jumping in fear when he saw the braided man from the cafe holding a paper bag.

“In this world, I had always believed that kindness always remains,” I say in front of our classroom after introducing myself. I saw the people at the back laughing at my speech... There were two boys, and one girl.

I smiled at them which made their giggles fade. What did I do?

There were so many beautiful and handsome faces! And that guy with teal and black hair! He's gorgeous!

Everyone really liked me, except for those three at the back who laughed at me... And that mysterious hot guy they call Xiao.

Those three became my high school nightmare. They would always bully me for no reason at all! As far as I remember... I never did anything to piss them off.

But the girl was different from them. She was mean to me, yes, but she wasn't as mean as that two guys! Whenever they attempt to hurt me, she will always be there to stop them and tell them that there's no point in doing so.

As time pass by, my feeling started growing for her.

Whenever I see her lighting up her cigarette behind the school, it just makes me want to join her even if my mom doesn't even allow me to use those things!

Her long black hair looked so healthy, like it was being taken care of every day!

Since I was a transfer student, I didn't have a partner for the project they were gonna have. But good for me, there was one more student who didn't have a partner yet!

Remember that one teal-haired guy I told you about? It was him! People say he was mean and a bully, that's why he doesn't have a partner. But slowly, I realize that there were people like him. Introverted people. People who'd like to do things on their own. And I think we should respect them.

But since I didn't have a partner, I had no choice but to force him to be my partner!

He turned out to be a really sarcastic guy! He wasn't so boring. He's not usually the one to be cheerful and loud, but he wasn't so cold either!

Just found out that that guy was a son of a business owner! Jeez, he must be rich. Everyone in this school is, even me, hehe.

Our project was to create a diorama that explains our ecosystem. And when I tell you, I am good at art! So me and Xiao's project became the first place! While having Selene and Zeru's rank 2nd. I smiled at my crush, giving her a thumbs up, but she only rolled her eyes at me.

I and Xiao became friends. I notice how lonely he was and I don't want it to be like that.

We were studying on the court while we watch the volleyball players play their games.

I saw that Xiao's eyes were glued to something... No, someone.

I looked over to see who it was out of curiosity. But it was only one of the volleyball players. Their jersey number was two. He was actively playing! They were killing the other team! He had this unique hairstyle that made me think he was a girl at first! Braids.

I wish I knew how to braid a hair...

“You know him?” I asked Xiao, but he only looked away from the guy and continued reading his book. “I don't really care.”

I just shrugged it off and continue doing what I was doing. But when Selene walked passed us, my jaw dropped. Why is she so pretty? It makes me insecure, I swear.

But then I had this idea...

“Cookies for you!” I grinned, holding the Tupperware containing cookies made by me, and me only — for the most beautiful woman in the world!

“What?”

“Cookies.”

“There's no way I'd eat that, I might die from food poisoning.” she laughed and walked away, ignoring my sad face. That... Kinda hurts. All I wanted was to give her something that she would like, something that can make her happy — so that she wouldn't be angry at me anymore. But she would always disregard them.

I went inside our classroom with a frown, until I saw my friend having bruises all around his face.

“What happened?” his body jumped in fear when he heard my voice, I giggled. This guy still gets shocked by my voice?

“Nothing... I bumped my head.”

Oh, he should be careful next time!

“Here, I baked you cookies.”

What a lie. A big lie. I felt bad for Xiao because his face looked happy when I told him that, even his ears were red. But the truth was... Far from that. It was for Selene, but she declined it, and I didn't want it to go to waste. So I gave it to him.

“F-for me?” All I did was nod... And lie. And I hate myself for it. I need to do something for Xiao in return!

I am on my way to Xiao's house, holding a paper bag that has two Tupperware full of cookies. He really loved it! I should pursue baking!

I was happily walking towards their house when I saw Xiao sitting there outside of their house, crying. He looks beaten up! There were so many wounds everywhere around his body! What happened to you, Nemeseos!

“Xiao!” I kneeled beside him, and his body vibrated again! He always gets shocked when I call him! “What happened to you?!” did he got beat up right in front of his house?! That's not possible!

He hugged me, like I was the only source of life he had. His hug was too tight, almost as if he was scared. “I don't want to stay here... I-I'm nothing but a disgrace to everyone here...”

He told me everything that has been going on around their household. Of how his parents would force him into the world of business. I don't know much about Xiao, but I knew that he had an extreme passion for photography! Whenever he takes pictures of me, I always feel like I am a model.

But his dreams were being crushed because of his parents.

He told me how he never wanted to take over the business, but he had no choice because he was the only child.

And it really makes me feel bad. Has he been going through this all his life? I wished he had... A family like mine. They were supportive of me. They always respect who I wanted to be and they never brag me about anything.

“If you want, you could stay at my place for a while?” it was the only thing I could do so I can reassure them that he would be okay. I can't just leave him here, it's cold too!

We went together to our house. There would be no issue, I am hoping. My family is very welcoming! They would for sure like Xiao!

“Hijo,  you have a handsome face! Is this your boyfriend, Zoe?”

Both of our faces were flushed, we were just standing there with our hands intertwined. “Ma! It isn't like that!” Yeah! Because I like someone else. “He will stay with us for a bit, ma, he can't stay home...”

“That's not a problem! The only problem is that... Our guest room is occupied by our things. Your dad is cleaning our attic so he moved all the stuff into the guest room. Your friend is gonna have to sleep in your room with you.”

“That's okay!” I immediately dragged Xiao with me to my bedroom. All the things I can do to him are unimaginable! This is exciting!

“How long is this going to take?” This man is so impatient! I wasn't even done painting his nails yet!

“It wouldn't take so long to dry. Just don't touch it until I say so.” Xiao was so annoyed at me, and it was so funny because he was now throwing tantrums! I painted his nails pink, which was his most hated color!

“It's okay! It will wear off.”

“How long?! Do you not have a remover or anything.”

“No... I do not. But if you want, we can buy one, the tindahan near our house sells them.” That was my idea to make him angrier! I will make him go out with that pink and bright nail polish.

The vendor was smirking at him! Please, save me! I can't breathe anymore!

“I hate you,” he says before pouring the acid into his nails, he didn't even use cotton anymore!

“Ah! Ouch- fuck.” he started yelling in pain, I looked to see what was wrong — only to find out he had a small wound on his fingers. I kept laughing when he almost teared up! How could he not know he had a wound there?! Imagine... Acid poured into a fresh wound. Yikes!

“Stop laughing... It's not funny.”

Ever since then, I and Xiao would always go to school together. He would always help me style my short hair so that Selene could notice me! Though he wasn't aware of my feelings for her, yet.

And ever since then, everything that I wanted to give to her... Would always go to Xiao. I feel like I am a bad person. He's like a rebound. I lie to him, I make him think all of those were really for him... Whenever I see how happy he was, it makes my heart shatter like glass. He was happy about something that wasn't for him in the first place.

He was a precious person to me, but I can never imagine myself loving him in that way.

But slowly... I could feel something growing between me and Xiao. The roots were from him, and I kept watering them until they grew. Whenever I look into his eyes, it always feels odd. It doesn't feel happy and innocent anymore.

My relationship with Selene never improved. She was still always rude to me. She would always try to outshine me. Always trying to defeat me. She likes belittling me, like I'm some sort of... Crazy person. And when we had graduated, I never had any connections with her anymore. All my high school life she bullies me, while I secretly loved her. And I hate her for it.

Xiao was the only one with me when my parents died in a car crash. He was the only one beside me, the only one who kissed my forehead. The only one I could cope with.

Maybe that's what made me think I can love him just as much as I love her.

“Really?! Are you... Not joking?” he was too naive! He was asking it with an innocent and cute face! My heart is melting.

“Yes, Xiao, I am not joking. I realized that... You were always there for me. No matter what I do, you're there to support me. You made me feel like I still had a family. I love you for that, Xiao. That won't change.” he hugged me in happiness. He revealed that he had been liking me ever since our high school days. Now that we were in college, our feelings had finally met.

It was fun with Xiao. We create so many memories together. He was the kind of boyfriend that would... Give you everything, and would give up anything for you. He gives me everything I need. He showered me with love as he spoiled me with affection. I was happy, that's all that matters to him.

Everything was okay, not until that night I saw her sitting on the other bench at the waiting shed. It was raining and I didn't bring any umbrellas. I have been here for an hour already, I'm sure Xiao was already worried for me. I never would've expected to see her again. She didn't look at me, like I wasn't there. But It was alright. The past had been buried deep down inside me already. She don't need to look at me anymore, as she was the reason why my life had become a nightmare.

But I can't understand why my heart was aching as I made my way home. My feet were moving unwillingly, like they didn't want me to go home, like this condominium with Xiao wasn't my home.

I felt like crying, but I couldn't find the reason why.

“You're late, I was worried.”

“The rain was pouring. I don't have an umbrella.” I answered him with my cold voice, I did not have the mood yet... I was tired. And broken. I kept thinking about her. How has she been? What happened to her in the past years?

I saw the worried face of my boyfriend while I was laying down on the soft mattress. “Are you okay?” He hugged me tight, making my heart feel warm... For just a little. Something ignited inside me.

“Yes... Just tired.” I was auditioning to become a model. I don't see any future with baking. I need to earn money too, I didn't want to be a burden to Xiao.

“You're lying. Tell me what happened.” I insisted that I was fine, so he kissed me. I smiled, “I really am okay.”

“I will kiss you until you tell me.” and so he did. I never told him. It would make it awkward for us, because he found out about my feelings for Selene when we were high school students... I didn't want him to know that I met her. At this point, we were making out. And I already know where this would lead to. My only worry was that this was the first night we were unprotected.

But it was alright. I needed this. I wanted this.

Maybe, just maybe, I could forget about her.

I closed my eyes as I held on to his neck, tears trickling down my face.

I threw up in the morning. Ahh... I felt so bad. I was sick. And Xiao was worried about me. I told him that I was okay. Kabag lang 'to. My head hurts like hell! God! I felt like I was gonna die.

The morning sickness continued on, which made him get worried more... I was too. My period has been delayed. I feel like... I have a clue about what this might be. I surely hope it wasn't real. I don't know what Xiao would think.

I told him that I'll just buy something from the pharmacy.

I bought two pregnancy tests, just to make sure. I can't get this wrong. I went home pale and sweaty. I felt like I was going to faint. But I hold on to dear life, I did not want to worry Xiao right now. He was studying.

I went inside the bathroom... And I almost cried when I saw the result. I tried another, it could just be a mistake. But it wasn't. Both pregnancy tests had two lines. Positive. I covered my mouth as I cry in our bathroom. I was so nervous. I don't know what I would do. I and Xiao were financially stable, I know we can both have this child, but... We were still young. We still had dreams to chase.

This will only bother Xiao with his internship, he was a graduating college student. His parents might get mad at him again... I didn't want that. I kept this hidden for as long as I can. Trying my best to act okay in front of him as I suffer every time he wasn't with me. It's not like I hated what's inside me. I loved this child, this is my child. But I was so anxious. I don't know what would happen if they find out, if Xiao finds out.

“Love, are you crying?” my eyes widened when I felt his hand holding me gently by my waist. It was nighttime, and I had thought he was already asleep. “N-no. I'm okay.”

He didn't seem to buy it. He opened the lights and saw my eyes red and puffy. “You are crying. What's wrong? Please tell me.”

Can I really do that? What if he doesn't want it? What if he gets mad? What if... He leaves me too? I'll have no one but myself...

“Xiao...” my hands were shaking, and my lips were quivering. No matter what he thinks, my love for this child wouldn't change. If he doesn't want it, I'll live on my own with my baby. His opinion does not matter. Yeah. But my tears just won't stop falling, I was scared, but his opinion did matter. His support is what I need. If I were to raise this kid alone... I wouldn't be able to make it.

“I brought a pregnancy test last week after that night...”

His eyes were slowly widening as he takes a hint at what might be going on.

“A-and?”

“Xiao...” I looked down... Covering my face. I was so stressed out. “It's positive...”

I was so scared to look at his face and find out that he was frowning, or something. But he made me look at him.

He was... Smiling. Tears were also running down from his topaz eyes. “I'm a father. I'm a fucking father!” he hugged me. And I was so relieved. I laughed in between my tears. I was so happy...

“Are you... Not angry?”

“I'm angry at you for not telling me. That explains why you always looked tired and pale. I'm sorry I wasn't there for you.”

We told his parents about it, and It seems that they were okay with it. They said they would also support us financially. Even though we didn't need it, we were still thankful.

We planned to get married before my baby sees the world. We were planning it as soon as possible, and even with his busy schedule, he still made time for me and his child.

A wedding is something that a girl would always be waiting for. They would walk down the aisle happily, holding a bouquet of flowers, smiling, and her eyes would only be stuck to his eyes.

I can't understand why mine seems different.

I was happy, but I wasn't satisfied. This wedding was a grand one. His parents were the ones who prepared this. But it all felt unnecessary to me... I felt so unsatisfied. I couldn't keep my eyes glued to Xiao. It was looking all around the venue.

My mind couldn't think only about Xiao. I was thinking about where I would be if I never met Xiao.

I am happy. I won't deny that. But... This doesn't seem like the happy ending I wanted yet.

That day, I had finally earned his name. I was a part of his family. Me and my child.

We would have monthly treatments at the best hospital you could find in this country. He and his parents really want the best for me and my baby girl. Yes! She was a girl!

I and Xiao were laying down on our bed, staring at our ceiling. “What do you think we should name her?” he asked out of the blue, which made me think too... I want it to be unique, and special. I want her to feel loved just by thinking about her name. I also want it to be in my native language. Tagalog.

“How about we keep our ideas in our minds until she gets born? Maybe we could think of something when we see her precious face.” I suggested it, and he agreed to it.

It was my ninth month. I was getting nervous. Any day could be the day of my labor. I just closed my eyes and tried to sleep. There wasn't any point in overthinking, it would only stress me out.

My eyes opened slowly when my husband started tapping my back, “Love, you just peed on our bed.”

Huh? I looked down on my cat, seeing it leaking a watery fluid... Oh my god!

“My water broke!

“Baby, water can't be broken. Water is a liquid substance.”

“Xiao! For Pete's sake! My water broke!”

“Wait... By water broke... Did you mean...” he finally realizes what was happening! Fuck! I'm not the type of person to cuss but, oh fuck. This hurts!

“Holy shit you're in labor! Oh my god.” he walked around in a circle out of panic, before carrying me to his car. Thankfully, our stuff were already prepared.

He was driving as fast as he can, and it got me praying to every god. I swear! We could die from a car crash over here!

When we finally reached the hospital, it had started. I was moaning in pain, god, I didn't think it'd be this bad!

Xiao was still there with me, wearing a mask and whatever those things they wear! Fuck, I can't think anymore!

I held onto his hand, I was so scared. I was so fucking scared!

With each scream I make, I get praise from them. This is a good sign, my baby was okay.

When the baby finally got out of me... I was breathing so much. I was so tired... But I woke up to the realization that my baby wasn't crying. Why wasn't she crying?

“D-doc? Is my baby okay?”

They were all around her, I was getting nervous. They were doing things to her that I don't understand. Xiao was just beside me, comforting me, even though I knew even he was nervous.

A few minutes have passed and I finally heard her cries... I have never been so relieved. My baby's cries...

They handed her to me, and I stared at her face. She was so precious, Xiao was holding her tiny fingers. I was smiling. Just seeing her makes it all worth it.

“Hirang.”

The chosen one.

Everything was happy. We were the ideal family. We were there for Hirang when she first walked, when she said her first word which is “mama,” Xiao threw tantrums for days!

Hirang was special to us, we love her.

1

2

3

“Smile!” I say before taking a picture of these two cuties. It was Hirang's second birthday! Her teeth had already grown, so her smile was so cute in the picture! I will make this into a photo frame.

As I said, everything was happy and colorful for us three. Not until we started our own jobs.

I finally got accepted as a model, and I have to make my way up the industry. No matter how long it'll take, I would go up. I will.

For Xiao, he had already taken over the company as the CEO. You must be wondering, who is taking care of Hirang? Maids. Yeah. I feel sad whenever I think about it. We didn't have time for her anymore. She will grow up and we wouldn't even be able to watch it.

This mild situation turned bigger and bigger. What used to be a lack of time for our own daughter, turned into a lack of time for each other in general.

I lost track of time... I don't even know when this started.

We would go home tired, sometimes I'd go home and he was already asleep. Sometimes when he comes home, I'm still at work. I hated this. I hated this new chapter of my life where I didn't have time for the two most precious beings to me.

It was like this for years. It wasn't the same anymore... The love that we had, it has faded. Was it even there in the first place? I don't know. I was so confused.

Whenever I stare into his eyes, I couldn't see the affection anymore.

And I don't think I could still be in a relationship where there's no love. We have already talked about this, we tried to make it work. We tried to fix our schedules, just for our daughter. But it just never really works out.

I invited Xiao for a dinner... So that I could finally tell him. This is cruel for our daughter, but it would only make it difficult for all of us if we do not end this.

“It seems like this isn't the happy ending for us yet.”

“Yeah.”

I found out that he felt the same. Funny how our feelings are always mutual. He told me that he felt bad because he did not have time for us anymore, and that he barely showed me love and affection like before.

“I'm sorry.”

“Why?”

“I promised to love you forever.”

“I did too, and look where we are now.” I chuckled.

We had agreed to stay in contact with each other, like the friends we used to be. For the sake of our daughter. I would still help financially even though Xiao was way richer than I am. I love my daughter, and my feelings for Xiao could never change that.

-

Let's pretend that divorsion is legalized in the Philippines 🤪😝 #ProudFilipino

Dyb chapter 11— July 28, 2022

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

Score De ziela

Fanfiction

2.3K 51 1
There's only one way to characterize Venti and Xiao. They despise each other, so much. To the point that Xiao would pray to the gods that Venti loses...
2.1K 130 48
Xiao had never known freedom. He has always had someone behind him, controlling his every move. Even when under contract from Morax, he was not free...
229K 7.4K 29
✩❢ scara x f. reader ✦ genshin modern au fanfic ❧ you move to your online friends school. whil...
34.1K 1.2K 15
A very angsty to fluff xiaoven. Please enjoy! ٩(๑❛ᴗ❛๑)۶ (many grammar mistakes 😅 I wrote these chapters at 2 am) 4th in #xiaoven [31 July, 2021] 3rd...