19

TW: r4pe

Everything feels too good.

Meeting Xiao after so long of being far away from him, everything felt comfortable and happy again.

It was like his heart was being hugged by Xiao's warm arms, caressing it until it sleeps, until it could not feel pain anymore.

His world was fulfilled with his soft touches, and wise words.

He had everything.

A stable job, a best friend he could always lean on whenever he cries... A boyfriend that loved him, and a lovely daughter who gave him the same love as her father.

What else does he need? He has them all.

What else could happen?

He smiled while arranging the documents from school, thinking about visiting Xiao again. You could classify him as Venti's boyfriend, I mean, that's where they're about to go to, anyway, right?

Today he wanted to go there not to have sex, or to share another intimacy with him, but just to be generally with him.

He couldn't get enough of Xiao.

He missed him so much even after the other day.

Everything will go smoothly, nothing will go wrong.

He was in a good mood ever since. Like everything around him suddenly turned positive and healthy, unlike before when it was always gloomy and negative. It really depends on the person's perspective.

When he arrived at the building, every worker gave him a nervous look.

He got confused.

The other day they were all happy, telling him jokes about him and Xiao, and now... It just disappeared. They were nervous, some even avoided Venti's gaze.

His heart started beating fast, still not knowing the source of this.

When he was at the door of his office, he stood there, hands on the doorknob, aiming to twist it.

He didn't know what was making him doubt.

He didn't know why he was so scared.

He closed his eyes before opening them, seeing Xiao and...

"Venti..."

On the same table they shared love with, is where Xiao shared more of his love with someone else.

He didn't want to believe it.

This isn't possible, right?

How could he...

Now the blue, positive sky was turning dark again, aiming to pour the rain once more. He didn't feel anything, it was like something vibrated in his body, that washed away all the emotions he could be feeling right now.

He wanted to feel angry, and sad.

But he couldn't find himself feeling any of it.

They weren't having sex, but they kissed.

And that's enough reason for Venti to get angry.

"Venti, no— please, it's not like that, let me explain, please," he begged, but Venti only found everything so cold. So fucking cold. The image of Selene kissing his lips stayed inside his mind, bothering his every sense.

"I thought you love me, Xiao," he said coldly.

Is that what he was?

Someone you could always leave for something else? Someone you could fool and play? Is that what he was?